• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

_dementia said:
I remember reading that on 360, every post-release patch or title update after the first one must be paid for by the publisher. At this rate, they might wrap Valk, Plat, and CS 2.0 in the same package to save money.

This would be nice.

Although I'm still holding off on buying more online Xbox games or DLC as I have no plans to renew XBL once this subscription expires.

Hopefully Warhawk players get a price drop between now and next August. :p

Then I'll just buy BB:CS for PS3 and the related characters.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Realizing I got a real problem. what does Hakumen do to get in on people who are good at using 6A for anti-air.

Edit: thinking some of that is Hakumen, somewhat a lack of offense/aggression on my part. I had a streak of 5 wins today in ranked, and of the 10 won rounds, I think 8 were timeout wins. Only got negative penalty twice, so I don't think I was turtling so much as defending everything but not getting a chance to deliver anything back.

The Take Out Bandit said:
This is just a stupid meme PS3 fans like to parrot. I owned a PS3 and played a ton of games online, and it got to the point where if I was not playing with friends I would mute the idiots, or thanks to inconsistent game options, just turn on the head set and leave it by the TV so I didn't have to subject myself to the barrage of pre-pubescent bullsh*t being spewed.

It's true no matter what console you own. XBL just makes it easier to not be subjected to the morons, like I said I don't think it's worth $50 a year (or whatever they're going to rape folks for next). Flat out the ability to block unwanted communications should be a standard on all systems, ignoring my use of it to not hear idiots; it's also useful for parents who don't want their children to be ear raped or sent text rape.

I think that feature is good, but I think part of the reason it's different is the keyboard being allowed on PS3. People will type stuff instead. Another problem the consoles have- not only do friends lists need to be bigger, so do block lists. On the 360 and PS3 I maxed out block lists.

arstal said:
I think that feature is good, but I think part of the reason it's different is the keyboard being allowed on PS3. People will type stuff instead. Another problem the consoles have- not only do friends lists need to be bigger, so do block lists. On the 360 and PS3 I maxed out block lists.

You can use a USB keyboard on Xbox as well. If you couldn't, I wouldn't say squat because I'm not typing with lame soft keyboards. :p

I got some hate mail on PS3 playing SF2HDR and Warhawk. I just reply with a "Your mother..." joke and put them on block.

Seriously, at least on Xbox you only need to transmit the nasal whine of your pre-pubescent voice in a message; anybody that *types* hate mail is burning way too many calories. :p

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
SolarPowered said:
Me and Nasty fought a Tao exactly like this one a few days ago. Your pressure has to be absolutely perfect and your barrier bursts have to be used appropriately to win. I only managed to win one match out of five rounds or so.

Tao would be top tier if she had another 2k worth of health. It's a shame that few people main her.
Horrible flashbacks...

That Tao made me want to turn my life around. I don't even know where to start in a match against a good Tao - Especially with Lambda. Its the only time I've ever really been butthurt about Lambda's damage output in CS.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DY_nasty said:
Horrible flashbacks...

That Tao made me want to turn my life around. I don't even know where to start in a match against a good Tao - Especially with Lambda. Its the only time I've ever really been butthurt about Lambda's damage output in CS.

Wut I've eaten meterless half life combos off lambda the other day

DY_nasty

QisTopTier said:
Wut I've eaten meterless half life combos off lambda the other day
I can't loop on pad :/

Usually I'm just running 2.5-4k combos off and guard breaking like its actually a good idea.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
_dementia said:
I remember reading that on 360, every post-release patch or title update after the first one must be paid for by the publisher. At this rate, they might wrap Valk, Plat, and CS 2.0 in the same package to save money.

But these aren't patches. With Makoto, you either paid to buy Makoto or you could download a piece of free DLC to play against Makoto players. The game never asked you to patch as it would for any other game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ZealousD said:
But these aren't patches. With Makoto, you either paid to buy Makoto or you could download a piece of free DLC to play against Makoto players. The game never asked you to patch as it would for any other game.

Umm, no they are patches... there was no dlc to play against mak or valk players. The hell are you smoking? :lol :lol :lol

DY_nasty said:
I can't loop on pad :/

Usually I'm just running 2.5-4k combos off and guard breaking like its actually a good idea.

Guard breaking is a good idea for lambda as she is one of the best hands down in the game at it and you being unable to do her high damage combos =/= her damage in cs being bad...

Steaks

arstal said:
Realizing I got a real problem. what does Hakumen do to get in on people who are good at using 6A for anti-air.
I don't know why you would want to... but there's a spacing where j.C will hit anything someone sticks out or blocks (tippy top of the hitbox), but if you don't hit a single button (empty jump), most anti-airs will simply whiff and you can land + punish. If you approach, mix up between these options and simply not jumping in at all. You can also just double jump or read them and parry.

h3ro

_dementia said:

.... frick.

Well, I guess it's a good thing I got that 360-->PS3 stick converter. Time to find BBCS on the cheap for PS3.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Xero: Went into Training mode. I know why I keep failing at the DD. 236236D normal 23623D for me. >_< or 2362D/2362362D (I guess BB doesn't buffer specials/QCFx2 like SSF4 does IIRC)

Gotta stop spazzing out on the inputs, but playing Tao like a spazz is how you're supposed to play her. ;p

xero273

TheSeks said:
Xero: Went into Training mode. I know why I keep failing at the DD. 236236D normal 23623D for me. >_< or 2362D/2362362D (I guess BB doesn't buffer specials/QCFx2 like SSF4 does IIRC)

That's what I thought. Just practice the motion more in training mode and you'll get it.

TheSeks

xero273 said:
That's what I thought. Just practice the motion more in training mode and you'll get it.

Yeah, once I land the ground swipe one, your Noel being on the ground for wake up is going to be dead. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
_dementia said:
say, maybe someone here knows...

what can Haz do vs pressure? IB until you have meter and reversal Jayoku?

Instant block Jayoku, or instant block jab, if the opening is big enough do the anti air kick. But for the most part learn to IB

Oh btw your comand grab has invincibility frames at the start up that's a good option too if they are close.

_dementia said:
say, maybe someone here knows...

what can Haz do vs pressure? IB until you have meter and reversal Jayoku?
He can always try to Ouroboros out of pressure or is it too slow? I like Haz's super kick to the face that opens another combo. Only makes me angrier when I'm receiving it :lol

TheSeks

Noel in Broken Mode + Ranked Mode = Trollzamaface.jpg

Oh the hate messages when they can't break a simple BBBBBBBBBBBB. :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Please don't tell me you just called beginner mode broken... that shit sucks ass, well I guess it could be considered broken as in it's absolutely useless.

TheSeks

_dementia said:
I have to upload that one match where I almost lose to a beginner mode Valkenhayn

You would think they would be able to beat simple BBBBABBBBABBBBBBBABBB spam, but nope. And then they get pissy.

Don't cry to me because you kept eating beginner mode spam.

I just want these 100 matches played in Ranked finished so I can go back to leveling up my levels in player matches.
Trolling ranked is the only way to pass time when Arc's MM gives me 1bar connections 9/10 of the time. Screw that shit. Trolling in the lag it is!

TheSeks

Hmm... maybe I should watch. It's been a while since I've seen GGXX play.

BTW: 14/100 matches done. 77% win rate with Troel. 77PSR just from that. I think people get deer in the headlights when they see beginner mode and "WTF, Noel!?" :lol

TheSeks

LMAO they let Lambada win that with a pause trick.

I don't think I'll ever be as good as this Lambada is against Valk, partially because it seems like Lambada isn't built for controllers. :lol

Lamb: 0
Valk: 1

TheSeks

zerokoolpsx said:
I thought someone was going to rage quit there heh.

You'd think with them playing on sticks that wouldn't happen. :lol

Oh... Lamb versus Litchi. I say Litchi wins. Until further notice I think Lamb's going to lose a lot. :lol

This Ustream popping ads up after I dismiss them in fullscreen fucking sucks. Is there anyway to turn that shit off?

And they need to hide the PC stuff from the main stream window. :lol

Litchi: 1

TheSeks

Sup, Seph! *waves from stream chat*

Bet you know who I am now. :lol

Litchi: 2

TheSeks

That DD bounce was hilarious.

Trollzama seriously.

Also I called it: Lambada loses.

Night of a Thousand Litchis: 4
Valk: 2
Trollzama: 2
Lambada: 0

Lambada vs Lambada: Whoever wins, we still lose.

Guess it's time for me to find a new character... :lol

And that Tao was horrible. Didn't play like a spazz like me, that's why they lose!

DY_nasty

QisTopTier said:
Guard breaking is a good idea for lambda as she is one of the best hands down in the game at it and you being unable to do her high damage combos =/= her damage in cs being bad...
I get into a one track mind with guardbreaking... thats all I mean

and what high damage combos are you talking about? just curios - Its not like I can drop anything over 4k without someone being really really dumb or burning some meter

Top Bottom