• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
Guess it's time for me to find a new character... :lol

And that Tao was horrible. Didn't play like a spazz like me, that's why they lose!

First of all if you are trying to play based on WHAT's best you are always gonna suck.

Second of all you cant even use lambda past 5% of what she does.

Third spazzing out with tao and not getting max dmg off every possible hit or mixing up = sucking ass. Like I said good taos are not spazzing they are just doing fast mix ups and mind games she's probably the second hardest character in the game to use cause of how strict her combos are, how low her hp is *this is for good reason she's stupidly hard to hit once mastered* and just how much shit you have to do in a single round.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
:lol

I always thought he was joking around... Tscrubaki, Loel, Hambda, Fao, Time Attack Rachel

Coeliacus

akachan ningen said:
faust is awesome
Faust is the reason I started playing Guilty Gear, and thus... fighting games. I hope Platinuum is mechanically as cool. There is nothing quite like mini potemkin and meteors though. :)

I video tapped a cab tournament a while back by hand, the Rachel matches were excruciating, my hands ached so bad. Never have I wanted bottom tier to lose horribly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Prototype-03 said:
It's LAMBDA.

Whatever, Lambada sounds better than Lambda. In any case, she continues to lose in every video/match I've seen of her.

Even people with arcade sticks can't pull her off. Nice going, Arc.

Watching the Guilty Gear portion of the stream reminds me that I really miss Guilty Gear and wish Arc could port XX to HD systems. I'd give up BB for it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
Whatever, Lambada sounds better than Lambda. In any case, she continues to lose in every video/match I've seen of her.

Watching the Guilty Gear portion of the stream reminds me that I really miss Guilty Gear and wish Arc could port XX to HD systems. I'd give up BB for it.

Yes cause the video I linked you of her raping was her losing. She's not even low tier....

And I'm going to be a bigger dick and just say don't even bother with GG the game is harder than BB so you are just going to get stomped in that even harder :lol

DY_nasty

TheSeks said:

Before you start gunning a character, how about you hop off beginner mode? :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DY_nasty said:
Before you start gunning a character, how about you hop off beginner mode? :lol

I have. I only use Beginner mode to troll online.

That said: Lamb's biggest issue is she has no way to set up for "zoning." That stream just proves it. Anyone can sit there and try to throw out swords, and they may get off... 5 or so before someone just gets in there and beats her senseless.

She has NO close-range attacks and her throw is dismally short to try to put some space in.

It's annoying, I like her design but anytime I see her played it's generally lose lose lose lose lose.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:

That said: Lamb's biggest issue is she has no way to set up for "zoning." That stream just proves it. Anyone can sit there and try to throw out swords, and they may get off... 5 or so before someone just gets in there and beats her senseless.

She has NO close-range attacks and her throw is dismally short to try to put some space in.

It's annoying, I like her design but anytime I see her played it's generally lose lose lose lose lose.

her throw range is actually pretty far, she is the second best zoner in the game if not the best, she sets up for zoning by just jumping and backdashing HARDEST SET UP EVER she should spend about 50% of her match an inch off the ground for the most part. That stream didn't prove crap. That's like saying I upload me and your matches online and go OMG GUYS LAMBDA SUCKS BALLS just... no

DY_nasty

TheSeks said:

Solar, TTOB, and Papercuts have seen me go hand to hand with Lambda and troll the fuck out of people. Hambda. Its not the best in the game (loel), but thats not what she is - still her close game is more than good enough given she's primarily a zoning character. From 3/4 screen, I'm fucking someone. God help them if they jump. God help them if they whiff. God help them if I get a counter-hit. Sweet merciful Lord, they are in the corner. I have full meter? Save them Based God

Both of Lamba's throws are good. Her ground throw is more than solid and her airthrow is godlike.

I think you really should just take a step back and try to learn the game more. If you haven't seen a Lambda run a match, thats on you.

TheSeks said:

Not to be rude, but weren't there two Lambda's going pretty far in that tourney? Also, have you seen a Carl in there? Are you saying Carl is low tier? What about Tao? I'm sorry, but that was a small sample, and not all characters are going to win all the time.

You're just getting ridiculous now. If you don't like it, switch characters. I'm not saying she's top tier but you're making it sound like she's the most horrible character. I would've been happy with Tsubaki if she were Lambda's tier.

You were also complaining about controllers? Fine, get an arcade stick, but I didn't see SKD complaining. I don't see Q complaining. All you've done here is whine and I have NOT seen one improvement in your game.

edit: the best way to gauge a tier is usually seeing how many people enter a tourney, not how many times they win. Bang (Dora) went pretty far last year in CT SBO but that was because Dora was awesome, not Bang.

DY_nasty

I play on a 360 pad ffs :lol

btw, after spending some time working with Tao I've realized that my force aptitude just isn't high enough

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DY_nasty said:
I play on a 360 pad ffs :lol

btw, after spending some time working with Tao I've realized that my force aptitude just isn't high enough

Playing as tao is like trying to do 500 FRC's a match in GG :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SephirothRK said:
I feel good right now, I was in ranked mode challenging a Mu(I don't have Mu anymore -_-), and I pulled off os houtenjin :D

What's a os houtenjin.... ORDER SOL HOUTENJIN HOLY SHIT =D

xero273

QisTopTier said:
What's a os houtenjin.... ORDER SOL HOUTENJIN HOLY SHIT =D

right now I'm imagining Hazama kicking the opponent up and Sol coming out and knocking the opponent back to the ground. :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Well, my attempts to not be horrible continue. Actually made someone ragequit with Hakumen. I seem to be hopeless against Litchi and Arakune though, and people who are good at keeping me out. Hakumen's really predictable on offense outside of facerape range.
you get in that range, you stay there, even if it means not doing a ton of damage. Learned that lesson early.

I did play Jin once, ICE CARRED 20 wins, and won versus someone. Nothing else worked but spamming ice car.

DY_nasty

arstal said:
Well, my attempts to not be horrible continue. Actually made someone ragequit with Hakumen. I seem to be hopeless against Litchi and Arakune though, and people who are good at keeping me out. Hakumen's really predictable on offense outside of facerape range.
you get in that range, you stay there, even if it means not doing a ton of damage. Learned that lesson early.

I did play Jin once, ICE CARRED 20 wins, and won versus someone. Nothing else worked but spamming ice car.
I really wish I could be good with Jin. My playstyle is a lot more suited for him but his combos just feel so weird at times... maybe its just me.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
QisTopTier said:
Don't expect her until mid November at the earliest, I'm betting on early December though.
you guys are forcing arcsys to delay her in order to get more practice time!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DY_nasty said:
I really wish I could be good with Jin. My playstyle is a lot more suited for him but his combos just feel so weird at times... maybe its just me.

It was like my 3rd time using him. I thought there was an acheivement for ice car spam, though I was just doing it over and over cause it was working.

arstal said:
It was like my 3rd time using him. I thought there was an acheivement for ice car spam, though I was just doing it over and over cause it was working.
ride the icening was a BBCT trophy/achievement

DY_nasty

arstal said:
It kills me because my execution with Jin is great - just can't get through a full combo to save my life though.

xero273

arstal said:

You have to freeze an opponent 10 times in this one to get a trophy/achievement. I think it has to be also in one round.

zerokoolpsx said:
I'm surprised to see Hazama that high. I feel so sorry for Rachel players.

Hazama has no real weakness but no real advantages either. He has the most even matches out of everyone and even his advantages are NOT that high... So I don't really understand why he had so many nerfs... Unless it's to compensate for all the nerfness that is happening for CS2.

edit: Also an ex Rachel player :( Also an ex Tsubaki player :( I picked up the two lowest tiers in CS

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
_dementia said:
Heat gain through osmosis
Heat gain doesnt really count for it though, cause that's the only way he does damage. Take it away and he sucks :lol

*protip* mak gains 50 plus heat off almost anything she does once you learn the combos :lol

QisTopTier said:
Heat gain doesnt really count for it though, cause that's the only way he does damage. Take it away and he sucks :lol

*protip* mak gains 50 plus heat off almost anything she does once you learn the combos :lol

protip: Valk's command grab gains about 20% heat

edit: protip2: command grab in corner into DD leads to about 5k dmg.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
protip: Valk's command grab gains about 20% heat

edit: protip2: command grab in corner into DD leads to about 5k dmg.

Protip: I bought valk to practice combos on him, screw you.

DY_nasty

Am I doing it wrong when it comes to building heat with Lambda then? I've always had the idea that sitting and blocking with her is just a bad idea unless you've got a DP or close to 30% heat waiting.

Maybe I'm still trying to finish matches too fast...

Top Bottom