• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

QisTopTier said:
Protip: I bought valk to practice combos on him, screw you.

*pops collar* well, my job is done here

DY_nasty said:
Am I doing it wrong when it comes to building heat with Lambda then? I've always had the idea that sitting and blocking with her is just a bad idea unless you've got a DP or close to 30% heat waiting.

Maybe I'm still trying to finish matches too fast...

Lambda's strong point isn't to build meter... In fact, a lot of times, it's better to RC than to use it as a DD. I don't have too much knowledge of her game plan except to dash a LOT.

Here's a vid of a good American Lambda player:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ERf_Q6VHuk

edit: One of the funniest commentaries in a game... I have to note that MikeZ is also FREAKING AWESOME: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvEPTVNZ6Vk&feature=related

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Prototype-03 said:
*pops collar* well, my job is done here

Lambda's strong point isn't to build meter... In fact, a lot of times, it's better to RC than to use it as a DD. I don't have too much knowledge of her game plan except to dash a LOT.

Here's a vid of a good American Lambda player:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ERf_Q6VHuk
20 seconds in is what I'm talking about. If you have the DP its still a bit of a gamble, a high risk one too... you can't barrier block AND go for the gravity well at the same time. (You can... but you have to be a Jedi).

Xie is a good player though
fuck the litchi matchup

DY_nasty said:
20 seconds in is what I'm talking about. If you have the DP its still a bit of a gamble, a high risk one too... you can't barrier block AND go for the gravity well at the same time. (You can... but you have to be a Jedi).

Xie is a good player though
fuck the litchi matchup

Yeah, and there are a lot of characters with a lack of a good reversal. Valkenhayn has literally NO reversals outside of his DD (which is a huge gamble) and Astral (inconvenient)... Rachel has a HORRIBLE reversal w/ the chair (slow, throwable, NO invul frames but guard points instead)... Tsubaki's DP is not a real DP. Bang doesn't have a real reversal either outside of his D attacks. I'm sure there are more, but that's what I can think of right now.

DY_nasty

QisTopTier said:
Every dp in this game is a huge gamble o_O more so than sf
Yeah... still adjusting to this day.

Its just really frustrating playing with Lambda. Sometimes you'll just play a round almost perfectly but end up getting completely smashed because of one wrong 50/50 guess.

DY_nasty said:
Yeah... still adjusting to this day.

Its just really frustrating playing with Lambda. Sometimes you'll just play a round almost perfectly but end up getting completely smashed because of one wrong 50/50 guess.

Happens to me... Happens to Q. If I remember correctly, we've had matches where in one one round, I'd pummel him, then the next round, he'd pummel me.

DY_nasty

Glad its not just me or a character unique thing. I don't even get mad anymore...

DY_nasty said:
Glad its not just me or a character unique thing. I don't even get mad anymore...

Oh, I still get mad... or frustrated. But I just clear my head and try to figure it out the next round. The thing about BBCS is that there is more opportunities to keep your pressure than most games because they have to mash to break from dropped combos, stop mashing when they think there's a throw mid-combo, and how to wake up (roll back, roll forward, instant wake up, or wait to wake up). So if you guess incorrectly and you're eating a combo, you're not just mashing buttons but also thinking about how to get away after combo/reset.

If you're the offensive guy, you're thinking "if I throw out a throw mid combo, is he going to break it?", "after this combo, will he roll forward or backwards?", "will this reset work this time?" etc etc.

So basically, there's always some kind of thinking ahead at all times.

DY_nasty

Prototype-03 said:
Oh, I still get mad... or frustrated. But I just clear my head and try to figure it out the next round. The thing about BBCS is that there is more opportunities to keep your pressure than most games because they have to mash to break from dropped combos, stop mashing when they think there's a throw mid-combo, and how to wake up (roll back, roll forward, instant wake up, or wait to wake up). So if you guess incorrectly and you're eating a combo, you're not just mashing buttons but also thinking about how to get away after combo/reset.

If you're the offensive guy, you're thinking "if I throw out a throw mid combo, is he going to break it?", "after this combo, will he roll forward or backwards?", "will this reset work this time?" etc etc.

So basically, there's always some kind of thinking ahead at all times.
Definitely. That was one of my biggest issues as I was transitioning from SSF4. I mained Juri, so most of the time wake-up pinwheel was safe online and I pimped it hard. Going back to Lambda, the Hazama army was fucking me up. Not because of anything special (block low kids at home!) but because whenever I got knocked down I'd get smashed on wake-up. And it really irked me for a while too because I neglected the neutral and patience in general. Roll back, eat a DD. Roll forward, dat kick.

I'm still trying to balance out patience with my aggressiveness though. I still throw out 4Bs with Lambda like its a good idea...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I can't wait to see Mike Z play when/if Tager actually becomes a decent character. It'll be glorious.

DY_nasty

Papercuts said:
I can't wait to see Mike Z play when/if Tager actually becomes a decent character. It'll be glorious.
Tager can never be allowed to be mid-tier.

DY_nasty said:
Tager can never be allowed to be mid-tier.

High Tier it is!

Give him full screen knockdown, an air dash, his 720 an air/ground grab, two bolt meters, and extended magnetism time

Oh, and his arial moves have magnetic properties.

DY_nasty

FlightOfHeaven said:
High Tier it is!

Give him full screen knockdown, an air dash, his 720 an air/ground grab, two bolt meters, and extended magnetism time

Oh, and his arial moves have magnetic properties.
*barf*

Why does Lambda have so many 'freestyle' combos? Ugh. Because of a weird bounce or tech (stupid 4B mechanics), I'll end up making it shit up as I go.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
A lot of Lambda's combos are freestyle because so much of her stuff is dependent on spacing. You need to know what links into what very well because you need to adjust for spacing throughout any combo. You still use the same strings to link, but you do a lot of mixing and matching depending on the situation. The better you get at ad-libbing these combos, the more damage you can get out of random hits/wallbounces that you may or may not have expected.

As for videos, search for Goro on youtube. He's the best JP Lambda player. Here's a link to an older set of match videos with him in it, where he went through like 8 guys in a row in a 14 on 14 tournament. He's improved since then, too.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HammamBakr#p/u/18/4P9HyX7vbX4

A more recent video of him against Akira's Tager and some Arakune that I don't recognize:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P19LLS2pRRs

DY_nasty

Akuun said:
A lot of Lambda's combos are freestyle because so much of her stuff is dependent on spacing. You need to know what links into what very well because you need to adjust for spacing throughout any combo. You still use the same strings to link, but you do a lot of mixing and matching depending on the situation.

As for videos, search for Goro on youtube. He's the best JP Lambda player. Here's a link to an older set of match videos with him in it, where he went through like 8 guys in a row in a 14 on 14 tournament. He's improved since then, too.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HammamBakr#p/u/18/4P9HyX7vbX4
Thanks man. Still trying to figure out if what I'm doing is right or wrong.... I don't want to have to relearn things down the road because of bad habits.

I just checked the chart and it's nice to see some changes.

-Noel is still gonna get mud stomped
-Jin got a better deal now
-Litchi is gonna bring the pain(I was never that good against her, even when I had a small advantage)
-Lamda is gonna eat knuckle sandwiches
-Dammit Ara's match up has improved against me :(
-Fuck yeah Bang's match up against Hazama has improved

I can't wait to get my hands on the patch. It'll breathe a little life into the community again.

Edit:
Bang's match up against Carl has improved. I'm not to excited about that since Carl already has a high entry requirement.

DY_nasty

Don't know why they're trying to increase the delay on Lamdba's 5D... not like the window wasn't wide the fuck open before

DY_nasty said:
Thanks man. Still trying to figure out if what I'm doing is right or wrong.... I don't want to have to relearn things down the road because of bad habits.

Don't form bad habits but DO learn the easier combos. I still don't do any of the harder combos 'cause I'm not comfortable yet (nor practiced enough). It's better to expand your combos slowly than all at once since it's too much to take.

Just make sure you don't form bad habits like jumping all the time (which is something I do).

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Is it just me, or do 90% of Hazama/Hakumen matches end in timeout? Hazama tries to get a snake in, Hakumen tries to get in his face and rape, and you both miss a lot.

Akuun

Prototype-03 said:
Don't form bad habits but DO learn the easier combos. I still don't do any of the harder combos 'cause I'm not comfortable yet (nor practiced enough). It's better to expand your combos slowly than all at once since it's too much to take.

Just make sure you don't form bad habits like jumping all the time (which is something I do).

This is very true. One of the nice things about Lambda is that she has like a million different variations of her bnbs and there are easier, more reliable combos that you can use if you're not feeling up to doing the harder ones. If you don't have the harder ones down cold, don't be afraid to fall back on the easier combos because often you are only sacrificing about 500-700 damage overall, and doing the easier combo means you lower the risk of dropping the combo at a bad point. There is a certain link in many of her harder bnbs that, if dropped, lets the other person tech out and land right in your face. And when that happens, it could cost you the entire round (especially if it's Tager :lol ). It's happened to me countless times and I've seen good JP Lambdas like Minori die plenty of times because of it too.

The second point is important too. One thing that is very useful is to know that Lambda is NOT a character that always has to be doing something. She is very slow, so whiffing a move often means doom. Conversely though, she can do a lot of damage if she does the right thing at the right time. Things like counterhit 6a and counterhit 5d both lead into highly damaging combos, so don't be afraid to stand around and just wait for them to run into one of your moves if you know what the other guy's going to do next.

DY_nasty

Streams, woo. Makoto bustin ass
Akuun said:
This is very true. One of the nice things about Lambda is that she has like a million different variations of her bnbs and there are easier, more reliable combos that you can use if you're not feeling up to doing the harder ones. If you don't have the harder ones down cold, don't be afraid to fall back on the easier combos because often you are only sacrificing about 500-700 damage overall, and doing the easier combo means you lower the risk of dropping the combo at a bad point. There is a certain link in many of her harder bnbs that, if dropped, lets the other person tech out and land right in your face. And when that happens, it could cost you the entire round (especially if it's Tager :lol ). It's happened to me countless times and I've seen good JP Lambdas like Minori die plenty of times because of it too.

The second point is important too. One thing that is very useful is to know that Lambda is NOT a character that always has to be doing something. She is very slow, so whiffing a move often means doom. Conversely though, she can do a lot of damage if she does the right thing at the right time. Things like counterhit 6a and counterhit 5d both lead into highly damaging combos, so don't be afraid to stand around and just wait for them to run into one of your moves if you know what the other guy's going to do next.
I'll go ahead and say that I'm a wuss and still haven't broken the habit of a 2C over 6A when it comes to anti-air - and yes, occasionally I get owned for it. 6A just feels so... unsafe (irony).

Its an everyday adjustment with Lambda though, I've gone on and on about it for months now. Between all the character specific combos/timings and incredibly 'unique' entries, I'll be adjusting for a while longer. I'm fortunate that Makoto doesn't bounce funny and runs like Ragna... Tsubaki took me a while to get used to though. Her speed and size make her hard to take out the air, even in combos.

Still trying to get the hang of 5D CH. When I throw 5D, its usually because I'm trying to set up my own stuff so when I get a CH, I can't consistently react in time to capitalize off of it.

Oh well... just need to keep playing

DY_nasty said:

I'll go ahead and say that I'm a wuss and still haven't broken the habit of a 2C over 6A when it comes to anti-air - and yes, occasionally I get owned for it. 6A just feels so... unsafe (irony).

Its an everyday adjustment with Lambda though, I've gone on and on about it for months now. Between all the character specific combos/timings and incredibly 'unique' entries, I'll be adjusting for a while longer. I'm fortunate that Makoto doesn't bounce funny and runs like Ragna... Tsubaki took me a while to get used to though. Her speed and size make her hard to take out the air, even in combos.

Still trying to get the hang of 5D CH. When I throw 5D, its usually because I'm trying to set up my own stuff so when I get a CH, I can't consistently react in time to capitalize off of it.

6A is gdlk. I hate that thing. As far as hit confirm goes, you'll get used to it the more you play the char. Not only that, but you'll eventually get some muscle memory to be able to connect weird hits to combos without even thinking.

Fugu

I've found in the past two months or so that I've steadily been getting worse for reasons that I can't identify. The more I practice, the worse I get, and if I stop playing the execution mistakes that I have had to work very hard to correct (4136 instead of 41236? How is that even possible?!) come back. I have practiced all of the obvious -- I have good combos (they could use some optomizing but they put me where I'm supposed to be), I have several blockstrings, I have a good grasp on spacing, and I can hitconfirm pretty well, so I'm left with no obvious paths to improvement despite it being blatantly obvious that there needs to be some.

I watch replays of myself and I know what my problems are. Namely, I jump too much, I only mix up when my previous options have failed, I fall back on jumpins when I'm starting to lose, I get grabbed more than I should, I jump out of pressure very predictably (I blame this partially on the effectiveness of Litchi's 3 frame jump), I am unnecessarily susceptible to overheads, my pressure is too short, and I have a nasty habit of attacking through the invincible period of techs instead of immediately afterwards. But when I make active attempts to fix these problems, I lose. I jump a lot because I'm effective in the air, I rarely mix up because when I do, it usually doesn't work, and so on. So, knowing that, how do I get better? How do you get better? Because what I'm doing isn't working.

EDIT: I also don't really know how to incorporate jabs into my game.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DY_nasty said:

Hakumen's 2C is better then his 6A, but he has a horrible 6A for AA.

DY_nasty

arstal said:
Hakumen's 2C is better then his 6A, but he has a horrible 6A for AA.
How's the counter stuff working out for you? I've always wanted to give Hakumen a shot. (Mainly because he can kill me in 4 hits...)

Fugu said:
I've found in the past two months or so that I've steadily been getting worse for reasons that I can't identify. The more I practice, the worse I get, and if I stop playing the execution mistakes that I have had to work very hard to correct (4136 instead of 41236? How is that even possible?!) come back. I have practiced all of the obvious -- I have good combos (they could use some optomizing but they put me where I'm supposed to be), I have several blockstrings, I have a good grasp on spacing, and I can hitconfirm pretty well, so I'm left with no obvious paths to improvement despite it being blatantly obvious that there needs to be some.

I watch replays of myself and I know what my problems are. Namely, I jump too much, I only mix up when my previous options have failed, I fall back on jumpins when I'm starting to lose, I get grabbed more than I should, I jump out of pressure very predictably (I blame this partially on the effectiveness of Litchi's 3 frame jump), I am unnecessarily susceptible to overheads, my pressure is too short, and I have a nasty habit of attacking through the invincible period of techs instead of immediately afterwards. But when I make active attempts to fix these problems, I lose. I jump a lot because I'm effective in the air, I rarely mix up because when I do, it usually doesn't work, and so on. So, knowing that, how do I get better? How do you get better? Because what I'm doing isn't working.

EDIT: I also don't really know how to incorporate jabs into my game.

It just sounds like growing pains. Just because you know what your problem is, it doesn't mean that it will be fixed. When you learn something new, you'll stop to think about it for a split second, then do a motion that you're not used to. That split second will make you mess up... a LOT. Just yesterday, Q was learning some new mixups and combos so I was owning him pretty hard in the beginning since he was testing out new stuff. After he got used to it, he came roaring back since I had no idea wtf to do against the new stuff that he started to pull off consistently.

Obviously, when you learn new combos/mixups, you'll take a step back in skills, not necessarily because you've gotten worse, but because you want to test out the new stuff you just learned. So why learn the new stuff? Because it becomes a pain in the ass when your opponent not only has one good mixup, but that mixup has two different paths and it becomes a pretty annoying 50/50 game.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
It just sounds like growing pains. Just because you know what your problem is, it doesn't mean that it will be fixed. When you learn something new, you'll stop for a split second, then do another motion. That split second will make you mess up... a LOT. Just yesterday, Q was learning some new mixups and combos so I was owning him pretty hard in the beginning since he was testing out new stuff. After he got used to it, he came roaring back since I had no idea wtf to do against the new stuff that he started to pull off consistently.

Obviously, when you learn new combos/mixups, you'll take a step back in skills, not necessarily because you've gotten worse, but because you want to test out the new stuff you just learned. So why learn the new stuff? Because it becomes a pain in the ass when your opponent not only has one good mixup, but that mixup has two different paths and it becomes a pretty annoying 50/50 game.
But I'm not really learning anything new. I practice a lot so I know a lot of stuff; I just absolutely cannot put it to work in a positive way and this has been going on for no shorter than two months.

I'll provide an example to clarify what I mean.
I've been able to combo off of my staff overhead (6A[m]) forever, and likewise, I've known what moves gatling into them and how to use it without producing a giant hole in my blockstring. However, I don't know how to produce an "unexpected" 6A[m] because it's kind of slow and can really only occur in one place (while I have the staff and following a 5B) so how could this move possibly be unpredictable? I know there are players that use 6A[m] and I know that they land them successfully, so in that light, I know that I'm wrong but I don't know what I'm doing that's narrowing my set of circumstances to only situations where 6A[m] is predictable.

The issue is more complex than simply "when to use an overhead" and it runs as deep as "what do I do if he's running at me". I feel that, in general, I'm simply too damn predictable and I don't know how one goes about the process of becoming "more" unpredictable. I brute force my way through a lot of games; Litchi is very good at doing that. But that means that most opponents will figure me out and that when they do, they're going to hit the ground running.

DY_nasty

Tsubaki's hitbox is making me rage...
Fugu said:
But I'm not really learning anything new. I practice a lot so I know a lot of stuff; I just absolutely cannot put it to work in a positive way and this has been going on for no shorter than two months.

I've been able to combo off of my staff overhead (6A[m]) forever, and likewise, I've known what moves gatling into them and how to use it without producing a giant hole in my blockstring. However, I don't know how to produce an "unexpected" 6A[m] because it's kind of slow and can really only occur in one place (while I have the staff and following a 5B) so how could this move possibly be unpredictable? I know there are players that use 6A[m] and I know that they land them successfully, so in that light, I know that I'm wrong but I don't know what I'm doing that's narrowing my set of circumstances to only situations where 6A[m] is predictable.

The issue is more complex than simply "when to use an overhead" and it runs as deep as "what do I do if he's running at me". I feel that, in general, I'm simply too damn predictable and I don't know how one goes about the process of becoming "more" unpredictable. I brute force my way through a lot of games; Litchi is very good at doing that. But that means that most opponents will figure me out and that when they do, they're going to hit the ground running.
I've had my fair share of slumps too... sometimes you need to take a break, other times you just play through it.

Fugu said:

Mmm... like you said, just sounds like people are figuring you out. Just sounds like you gotta learn the next step of mixing up and when to attack. For example, I just RECENTLY started to learn to do a blockstring and then suddenly stop, block and see what the opponent is doing. Usually, you'll both be blocking (which looks STUPID as hell) or they'll be mashing buttons to try to outpoke your blockstring. So the next time you do a blockstring, if you know they'll most likely be blocking, you can go for your overhead, of if you know that they'll be mashing, you can throw out a grab to counter them.

Obviously, those aren't the only two options (such as they could be going for a DP, where if you block, it's an easy punish), but that's just to show you what options you have.

Also, we haven't played each other in a while... You wanna run some matches soon?

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
Mmm... like you said, just sounds like people are figuring you out. Just sounds like you gotta learn the next step of mixing up and when to attack. For example, I just RECENTLY started to learn to do a blockstring and then suddenly stop, block and see what the opponent is doing. Usually, you'll both be blocking (which looks STUPID as hell) or they'll be mashing buttons to try to outpoke your blockstring. So the next time you do a blockstring, if you know they'll most likely be blocking, you can go for your overhead, of if you know that they'll be mashing, you can throw out a grab to counter them.

Obviously, those aren't the only two options (such as they could be going for a DP, where if you block, it's an easy punish), but that's just to show you what options you have.

Also, we haven't played each other in a while... You wanna run some matches soon?
Yeah, I'll be on in a few minutes.

I find that my opponents these days fall primarily into three categories.

1. Players who haven't put much time investment into the game/are very bnb-centric i.e. the majority of the online community. It is these matches that I describe myself as brute forcing through because I'm good at picking up combos, meaning it usually only takes one before I've put them up against super oki that they won't get out of. I can't learn a damn thing from these players largely because I'm passed the point where I have to consciously think of what combo to do and mixup offers me literally no reward in these matches (why go high when low works every time?).

2. Players who are well past the point where I am and they know my mixup before I do. I can't learn anything from these matches either because all of my mixup is equally ineffective, so I can't evaluate at all what works and what doesn't. I win off matches sometimes by playing a heavy gimmick game, but I will almost never win repeated matches against these kinds of players.

3. Players who are around my level of skill. These are a rare breed and incidentally the only kind of player that I can gain something from playing. I don't know any of these to exist outside of the internet, which may be contributing to my problem.

Akuun

DY_nasty said:

6a is the usual antiair choice (and sometimes airthrowing) but sometimes you see people still using 2c in CERTAIN situations, mostly for the larger hitbox and greater number of active frames. It's useful if someone is moving around way too fast and you want them to run into your move, rather than hitting them right when they get close with 6a (2c is helpful against Tao, for example).

Also, if Hazama decides to fly at you with his chain and the chain itself didn't actually hit you, you can just stand there and 6a him right out of whatever he's trying to fly in with. Upper body invincibility ftw. It's an awesome move, but it is a little slow so you need to know when to use it.

Doing 236c on reaction from a 5d counterhit is actually very hard to do, but you can just do 5d 236c in situations where you KNOW you'll get a counterhit. You can punish a whiffed sledge from Tager that way if your spacing is right, for example.

If you're just using swords to set up stuff and a 5d randomly hits, you can just follow up by doing the other 5d and then 236b. It doesn't do a lot of damage but it does knock down, and then you can just keep doing your thing. If you have meter, you can do 5dd 236236d (hard to do), or 5dd 236b RC --> combo to get more damage out of that situation.

DY_nasty

Thanks for the tips, I was clueless about the upperbody invincibility. :/

I haven't played in a while because of Fable, but I'm getting back into things right now and trying to relearn some stuff too. Trying to tighten up my TK so that I can use it during combos now is the next big thing for me.

236c > 66 > 2dd > TK > fireworks
236c > 66 > 5cmash > 6c > 2dd > TK > fireworks

I'm eating a LOT of damage because I'm dropping it quite a bit online. I've been using the safer combos up til now and the inputs aren't really the issue. The timing for it has been the killer.

I do feel comfortable working with 100 heat... had to actually sit and figure out the best ways to move after the 632146D but I've got a better feel for it now as well as baiting.

2c on Tao... makes so much sense.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DY_nasty said:
How's the counter stuff working out for you? I've always wanted to give Hakumen a shot. (Mainly because he can kill me in 4 hits...)

Counters are really character specific. Best against other Haks. I need to get better at comboing after counters, comboing period.

Lesson llearned: do not try to Astral Tager under any circumstance- odds are you'll lose the match trying it.

arstal said:
Counters are really character specific. Best against other Haks. I need to get better at comboing after counters, comboing period.

Lesson llearned: do not try to Astral Tager under any circumstance- odds are you'll lose the match trying it.
Doesn't Hackerman's Astral beat Tager's attacks and throws? I suppose guess the other player just waited it out and punished.

DY_nasty

arstal said:

I astral'd Tager out of a 720 once. Ran around the house screaming louder than Bieber a fan.

Akuun

DY_nasty said:
Trying to tighten up my TK so that I can use it during combos now is the next big thing for me.

236c > 66 > 2dd > TK > fireworks
236c > 66 > 5cmash > 6c > 2dd > TK > fireworks

I'm eating a LOT of damage because I'm dropping it quite a bit online. I've been using the safer combos up til now and the inputs aren't really the issue. The timing for it has been the killer.
The TK crescent link is really hard to do. The idea is to use the TK if the person is coming in a little bit high, and to time the TK so that it comes out and lets the other person fall onto it. If the person is too low, the TK will hit right away and then the guy will be able to tech before you can catch them with 5dd. You might want to just do 6c instead of the TK if the person is coming in too low.

Let's say what you want to do is something like this:
236c > dash > 5c mash > 6c > dash > 2dd > TK > 5dd 6dd etc

There are a few ways that I know of to help you adjust so that the TK hits:

- Know how far you need to dash for each of the dashes. You don't want the person to fall within the minimum range of the crescent (then the crescent misses, the person techs out and gets up right in your face), and you don't want them to be too far either.
- Control the height of the opponent by timing when you catch them with the 5c mash. You want the 5c arrow things to hit the other guy somewhere between knee and crotch level, if it's a normal human-shaped opponent. :lol
- You may need to actually delay the TK crescent if the person is coming in too high. I don't know why, but it seems to help. Buffering the TK during the 2dd seems to make the TK come out too early for me, so I wait a little.

If you ABSOLUTELY do not want to drop the combo (for example, if getting the combo will end the round) then go ahead and RC the TK, and that'll hopefully buy you enough time to make the 5c land, too. I've never done that myself but I've seen it done in a video before.

DY_nasty

Thanks for the tips. I think that getting the TK stuff down is going to be the only way that I'm going to be able to get my damage output high enough to stick it out with the big boys.

And damn there is nothing more frustrating than guard breaking someone in the air...

Top Bottom