• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

tafer

And all the challenges of Lambda are finished... Finally, I'll be able to get some sleep!

Too bad about the nightmares I'll have about the 8th challenge :(

Fugu

Sorry for leaving so abruptly last night Q/Prototype; I was extremely tired and didn't have the concentration to stave out another match.

Fugu

_dementia said:
Did he even play CS? I thought he played CT but then stopped.

America is so free to Japan in this game :lol
America: Land of the Free

I'll watch US play BlazBlue, and I'll watch Japan play BlazBlue, but I won't watch US play Japan in BlazBlue.

AAK

So I just bought the game..... (didn't purchase the original)

Dang it 2D fighters just aren't for me. In the 75-80 hours I spent on SSF4 online I have a 16% win ratio and with this I'm just getting hammered. :lol

I just love the sprite work and wanted to support it. Going through the tutorial one by one... will be a while before I can provide some competitive entertainment value among GAF. :)

AAK said:

Dang it 2D fighters just aren't for me. In the 75-80 hours I spent on SSF4 online I have a 16% win ratio and with this I'm just getting hammered. :lol

I just love the sprite work and wanted to support it. Going through the tutorial one by one... will be a while before I can provide some competitive entertainment value among GAF. :)
Which console are you playing on? We have a small newb contingent on the PSN side.

gutabo

Hey guys, I'm trying to organize a little local BB tourney here, I've found some people to play locally and we're trying to give the game some exposition...

Any set of rules we might be aware of? Also, a couple of guys use beginner mode, is that banned?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think I have ever seen a tournament ban beginner mode, probably because no tournament player uses it. It's not really an advantage because it really limits what the characters can do in certain situations. Aside from predictable and punishable blockstings and not allowing the player to punish their opponent properly, there are no bursts.

Unlimited characters should be banned though :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
gutabo said:
Hey guys, I'm trying to organize a little local BB tourney here, I've found some people to play locally and we're trying to give the game some exposition...

Any set of rules we might be aware of? Also, a couple of guys use beginner mode, is that banned?

Thanks in advance!

Why would they ban a mode that forces you to barrier block, gives you no real combos or mix up options, and leaves with zero burst. It's more like a free win mode imo

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
AAK said:

Please tell me you play on 360, we need more soldiers.

Oh, and real men main Lambda.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yeah I think unlimited characters are usually banned (unless it's an unlimited character tourney!! :D ). Here are some other rules I've seen before that you might want to include:

- Training stage is banned (hard to tell where the corner is)
- Console-only characters banned (possible balance issues, sometimes the playerbase is mostly arcade players so they wouldn't have played against console characters)
- Can't change characters between matches (or you can only change characters after losing)

And then there is some of the more obvious stuff like not allowing pausing in the middle of the match.

What region will this tourney be held in?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Akuun said:
Yeah I think unlimited characters are usually banned (unless it's an unlimited character tourney!! :D ). Here are some other rules I've seen before that you might want to include:

- Console-only characters banned (possible balance issues, sometimes the playerbase is mostly arcade players so they wouldn't have played against console characters)

I never seen this one ever, the arcade guys better learn to suck it up anyways for 2 reasons. CS2.0 is out in a month anyways, the odds of america getting working cabinets is really low.

Mak isn't really TO powerful as she has shit range. Mu is pretty much in arakune's spot of being pretty 50/50 and valk is a slightly easier to use version of Tao prob better than her by a super tiny amount but he isn't as mix up crazy as her.

Akuun said:

- Can't change characters between matches (or you can only change characters after losing)

And then there is some of the more obvious stuff like not allowing pausing in the middle of the match.

Training stage is soft-banned (so only when one of the players objects to it). Console only chars have been viable for a while... I haven't seen Valkenhayn yet but that may be because he's new and some people aren't comfortable using him yet. You CAN change characters but only when you lose.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yeah the no-console character rule was put forth in a tournament that took place very shortly after console release so no one really knew anything about the console characters yet. I haven't seen it since (but then I haven't been to any other console tournaments since)

gutabo

Akuun said:

Thank you so much for the help!
The tourney will be help in south america.

gutabo

QisTopTier said:
Why would they ban a mode that forces you to barrier block, gives you no real combos or mix up options, and leaves with zero burst. It's more like a free win mode imo
Thanks!

I hate makoto. Not you <3

AAK said:
PSN.... sorry DY_nasty :(

I'M A NOOB!! PLAY MEEE

*baiting*

edit: There's actually a growing PS3 community for BBCS which is nice to see. A lot of new players are improving so you may just have joined at the right time. Just add me: Prototype-03 and I'll add you to the chat.

I'm pretty much new to the game as well. I mean, I've been playing it ever since it released but have yet to be in my first online match. I've just been too lazy (afraid) to get involved. I need to get over that problem as a part of re-inventing myself so if you're ever interested in having a match with someone not as experienced then feel free to add me. I'll try to get into the GAF chat as well.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kamen Rider Prism said:
I'm pretty much new to the game as well. I mean, I've been playing it ever since it released but have yet to be in my first online match. I've just been too lazy (afraid) to get involved. I need to get over that problem as a part of re-inventing myself so if you're ever interested in having a match with someone not as experienced then feel free to add me. I'll try to get into the GAF chat as well.

You could always spectate matches as well

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
GuardianE said:
Has Aksys said anything about getting Valk released on the 360? Are they just going to abandon that userbase?

It's an issue with Microsoft's servers that Arc System Works and Microsoft are currently trying to resolve.

Until then Valky will be MIA for the 360 audience unfortunately :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GuardianE said:
Thanks for the answer. I'm going to be pissed if they decide to make BBCS 2.0 a retail-only release.
Uh, it's going to be patched in... why else would they take the time to add all the characters in :lol They said themselves we are not making a new blazblue for a while. The game was designed so it could be balanced patch because of this.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Finally got working headphones again *and a mic lol* so my combo flow is better =3

Also proto get a mic if you dont have one so we can be retarded and commentate the gaf players kthx :lol

QisTopTier said:
Finally got working headphones again *and a mic lol* so my combo flow is better =3

Also proto get a mic if you dont have one so we can be retarded and commentate the gaf players kthx :lol

I have a couple... headset and blutooth

Dreavus

QisTopTier said:
Awesome lets annoy people :lol

All you guys have to do is say "nice pick-up", "terrible burst", or "nice reset/dropped combo" (whichever you prefer since it's usually the same thing) at the appropriate time and you will be fine.

Do it DURING people's matches for extra fun. :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
QisTopTier said:
Uh, it's going to be patched in... why else would they take the time to add all the characters in :lol They said themselves we are not making a new blazblue for a while. The game was designed so it could be balanced patch because of this.

That's great news. The Dustloop thread stated that it's unclear if there's going to be a patch or new disc for consoles.

I understand that the game was designed to have multiple versions selectable, but it could also have a hand in the current 360-Valk debacle.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GuardianE said:
That's great news. The Dustloop thread stated that it's unclear if there's going to be a patch or new disc for consoles.

I understand that the game was designed to have multiple versions selectable, but it could also have a hand in the current 360-Valk debacle.

Well 1 it would be bad business to release a new disc only 6 months in, 2 the disc would add almost nothing we have access to already. *arcade mode for the 4 new characters omgah!* and well yeah that's it. Besides Mori said at anime expo that they would release balance patches every 6 months or so. Now when the producer himself says something like that you tend to listen. Besides The timing is perfect. We are getting the final character this month, then after all of them are out we get the very last thing for now, the balance patch.

As I was saying they said it will take awhile before the next sequel comes out because well they are building the game based on story, the story has shifted locations and so on. They gotta make a whole new set of backgrounds, they gotta add the 3 new villains in among other things. The whole reason the arcade is getting a "CS2" is because it wasn't designed to be patched like the console version was. Oh and they wanted to implement a new system for their arcade cabinets too something about needed to connect with the net and verify the cabinet for it to work or something.

Also relevant surfing Plat

77164_308371444976_126073299976_1137558_4220992_n.jpg

faridmon

Just got Bleach Dark Soul (Aka Becah 2nd) and I am a master on that game. Can string combos, mastered all the techniques and a lot of sub-techniques.

Why can't I do it for this game? I know the slower play style suits me, but it feels the same. Does anyone who played both of them can giv me any advice on how to get better?

Top Bottom