• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue IV: Central Fiction |OT| Be Ready For The Phantoms

Anbec7

Ok just watched the ending, missing the substories. While I do liked how it ended... it left me with questions lol.

Any good explanations around?

Naite

I decided to do the full boss rush in abyss mode to see if there was any extra P$ to unlock from it.

All I got is a bunch of rage and despair at all the stupid damage sponge stats and a little "CLEAR!" text next to the dungeon for my troubles.

Onemic

Finally getting my copy today. Ive been watching high level match vids the last couple of days to get an idea of who I wanna try out. Currently deciding between Izayoi and Izanami. Nine is pretty cool too. Guess I'll find out from their trials.

Also for the story mode, do they explain the events of the previous games or am I gonna have to go to wikipedia for that?

Zyrox

Finally getting my copy today. Ive been watching high level match vids the last couple of days to get an idea of who I wanna try out. Currently deciding between Izayoi and Izanami. Nine is pretty cool too. Guess I'll find out from their trials.

Also for the story mode, do they explain the events of the previous games or am I gonna have to go to wikipedia for that?

There's a short summary at the beginning to get people up to speed but it feels more like a reminder for people who have played the previous games rather than an explanation for newcomers.
If you want a more detailed summary and have like an hour to spare you can go here: http://blazblue.kumodori.com/index.html

I was in a lobby and then someone came and started making fun of me for playing Susano'o ;_;

LOL, I wouldn't think anything of it. I like the game, but honestly, we are all fish in a really small pond, being smug in this thing just makes people seem more like a pretentious asshole.

NEO0MJ

It was just so strange, lol. And yeah there's not many players, which makes all the giant empty rooms pretty funny.

So, anyone feel like playing?

RoeBear

Where do you live? I am down to play. I have played some people on the coast states before and it was okay.
Well I can only play 15 min now apparently... I do live in Texas but on the last page I had lag with a Texan so we'll see. I'll make a room with pass gaf. I'll leave pretty quick so sorry for the quick rounds.

Well I can only play 15 min now apparently... I do live in Texas but on the last page I had lag with a Texan so we'll see. I'll make a room with pass gaf. I'll leave pretty quick so sorry for the quick rounds.

GGs. This is like my first time I fought Carl since CT haha. I'm an idiot and running into super armor grabs and getting fatal'd like a dozen times. I need to learn when the sis is not armored up and when I can interrupt her.

Yea I can play more later.

Onemic

I just read that guide on everything that happens in BB before CF....This story is super convoluted man.

One question I have though. How is it that Jin and Hakumen can interact with each other when Jin IS Hakumen? Isn't that a clear paradox? Does it get explained in BBCF or is it just bb being bb?

I don't think it matters in this universe. It only matters for cases like Naoto and Ragna it would look like.

Two of the same thing from different points in time but from the same universe = ok
Two of the same thing but from different universes each = existential paradox

Onemic

I don't think it matters in this universe. It only matters for cases like Naoto and Ragna it would look like.

Two of the same thing from different points in time but from the same universe = ok
Two of the same thing but from different universes each = existential paradox

....that makes 0 sense. It should be the other way round if anything.

I just read that guide on everything that happens in BB before CF....This story is super convoluted man.

One question I have though. How is it that Jin and Hakumen can interact with each other when Jin IS Hakumen? Isn't that a clear paradox? Does it get explained in BBCF or is it just bb being bb?

Okay, this might sound weird but I think in CT, the Hakumen was always the Jin from the previous loop. So at the end of a loop in CT, Jin falls in the cauldron and becomes Hakumen, then gets sent back in time of the next loop to be one of the six heroes. From then on that loops plays out and normal Jin does his thing until he falls into the cauldron. When the loop finally breaks, Jin doesn't fall in and sticks around for CS, but at the same time the previous Hakumen/Jin is also around. It also begs the question of when there was ever an "initial" Jin Hakumen, but due to the nature of time loop stories in fiction, we probably should just accept that this paradox just says it always was this way.

Plus since Hakumen is not technically Jin's body, just his soul in a suit of fancy armor, it's not like having 2 objects in one place like Time Cop, so it avoids that.

How is your execution in fighting games? Izanami and Izayoi probably some of the harder characters to play well.

Onemic

How is your execution in fighting games? Izanami and Izayoi probably some of the harder characters to play well.

It's ok I'd say. After using them both though, I think I'll probably end up using Hakumen. Ideally I'd use Izanami because I really dig her gameplay,(and she seems conceptually similar to 1.0 Ramlethal, who I mained in GG) but since I also play GG and SFV, and because BB probably wont end up being my main fighting game I'd rather focus on someone that is a bit lighter on the execution requirements. I also played a bit of Hakumen back in CP and CS extend, so I'm already more familiar with him.

Okay, this might sound weird but I think in CT, the Hakumen was always the Jin from the previous loop. So at the end of a loop in CT, Jin falls in the cauldron and becomes Hakumen, then gets sent back in time of the next loop to be one of the six heroes. From then on that loops plays out and normal Jin does his thing until he falls into the cauldron. When the loop finally breaks, Jin doesn't fall in and sticks around for CS, but at the same time the previous Hakumen/Jin is also around. It also begs the question of when there was ever an "initial" Jin Hakumen, but due to the nature of time loop stories in fiction, we probably should just accept that this paradox just says it always was this way.

Plus since Hakumen is not technically Jin's body, just his soul in a suit of fancy armor, it's not like having 2 objects in one place like Time Cop, so it avoids that.

Thanks for the explanation. BB is hella convoluted. How long is the story mode? I spent pretty much my entire Sunday trying to get through the story to unlock Susanoo and Im still not done. Currently on chapter 10 and it refuses to end.

EDIT: Finally finished it. That story mode has to be 20 hours long....wow.

Also
If you play through the story mode, it seems that both cases SolarKnight mentioned dont matter at all :p

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Anyone else been playing on PS3? I just try logging on today, waited 20 minutes in training mode and couldn't find any ranked matches. The online looks pretty dead, I am trying to figure out whether it is my connection problem, or may be it is easier to find players on ps4?

cj_iwakura

Anyone else been playing on PS3? I just try logging on today, waited 20 minutes in training mode and couldn't find any ranked matches. The online looks pretty dead, I am trying to figure out whether it is my connection problem, or may be it is easier to find players on ps4?

I'm debating which version I should grab whenever I do since I have a PS4 now...

thundr51

Ok, so the dustloop wiki/forums is completely dead so I'll try here. Any tips for Bullet vs lamda/nu? I know about miquelet capture has project inv. but it's so hard to finally get in and get bursted back out just to start again.

Ok, so the dustloop wiki/forums is completely dead so I'll try here. Any tips for Bullet vs lamda/nu? I know about miquelet capture has project inv. but it's so hard to finally get in and get bursted back out just to start again.

i'd say try the discord here

well i just finished the story and I still have questions after the epilogue:
so i take the tsubaki at the end is from a different/alternate timeline?
how does naoto knows that hazama survives?
if terumi kills hakumen, and trinity eventually pulls out jin from the susano unit--how was the armor talking with her before jumping to the boundary?
nu is fucked, right?
why didn't litchi died? she was a tool until the end
no news on new characters or a extend version yet?

Astral

It's sad to see this thread so dead. What are the thoughts on CF? I wanna get into BB again and redownloaded CPEX just to mess around with it a bit after so long. The limited edition is on sale for $53 on Amazon which isn't bad considering it's cheaper than the regular edition right now. The thing is, I'm reluctant to buy it now for fear of an Extend version and the fact that Es was only free for a limited time so that leaves me down one character, two if you wanna count Mai. I'm itching for BB though.

It's sad to see this thread so dead. What are the thoughts on CF? I wanna get into BB again and redownloaded CPEX just to mess around with it a bit after so long. The limited edition is on sale for $53 on Amazon which isn't bad considering it's cheaper than the regular edition right now. The thing is, I'm reluctant to buy it now for fear of an Extend version and the fact that Es was only free for a limited time so that leaves me down one character, two if you wanna count Mai. I'm itching for BB though.
You should get it. This is supposed to be the final game so there shouldn't be an Extended version.

sephi22

I am (or was) a huge BB fan and I'm waiting till I get 2 out of the following 3:
1. Dub
2. Extend/Rebalance
3. Jubei

sephi22

Not going to settle. There are enough good fighting games out or coming out. I already youtube'd the important bits of the story so not exactly jonesing for it.I'll get it for $20 on a PSN sale in a year assuming nothing changes

Korigama

Pretty sure I remember Mori saying there wouldn't be an Extend version of Chrono Phantasma either, so I don't take him at his word on much of anything.

Top Bottom