• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue IV: Central Fiction |OT| Be Ready For The Phantoms

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Do you guys have steam group or something to set up game? Or we just using this thread and psn friendlist? There must be another person too poor to pay for PS+ and have to get the PS3 version like me ~_~.

cj_iwakura

Do you guys have steam group or something to set up game? Or we just using this thread and psn friendlist? There must be another person too poor to pay for PS+ and have to get the PS3 version like me ~_~.

I'll be on the PS3 version as soon as I get it, so you won't be alone.

That artbook is sooo disappointing! And only one artwork from Daisuke Ishiwatari is a crime, he's the superior artist at Arc! I miss the good ol' days of Calamity Trigger when the fanservice was in check.

shaowebb

That artbook is sooo disappointing! And only one artwork from Daisuke Ishiwatari is a crime, he's the superior artist at Arc! I miss the good ol' days of Calamity Trigger when the fanservice was in check.

Yeah that Rachel pic with the white goo from strawberries all over her legs in stockings spreading her toes pic was some full on foot fetishist shit.

Would you recommend this to a Xrd fanboy?

Does the fighting feel similar or is it completely different? And is this the best Blazblue to get?

Curious, maybe someone can help out.

preta

Would you recommend this to a Xrd fanboy?

Does the fighting feel similar or is it completely different? And is this the best Blazblue to get?

Curious, maybe someone can help out.

It's definitely the best game to get, although if you really want to get into the story, you may want to play the previous games (although there is a summary of their stories in this one). The fighting is more similar to Xrd than anything else on the market, but some mechanics are different, and there's a heavy focus on character-specific mechanics - think stuff like Ramlethal's swords or Sin's hunger bar. Almost every character has something like that.

shaowebb

I'm sorry, but I bounce between fighting games a LOT...is there a reason why if I hit L1+L2+R1+R2 as Izanami in arcade mode that I instantaneously get 100% meter?

Like is this her thing or something? I haven't studied her drive yet, but her drive seems to be the stance switch and her gimmick seems to be the levitate tactics and Jojo time stop stuff.

Why do I get full meter for this? I can do it as soon as the round starts and everything...

EDIT: Huh...doesnt' work in vs mode but it works for ANY character in arcade mode. Hit all the triggers get max bar instantly.

preta

I'm sorry, but I bounce between fighting games a LOT...is there a reason why if I hit L1+L2+R1+R2 as Izanami in arcade mode that I instantaneously get 100% meter?

Like is this her thing or something? I haven't studied her drive yet, but her drive seems to be the stance switch and her gimmick seems to be the levitate tactics and Jojo time stop stuff.

Why do I get full meter for this? I can do it as soon as the round starts and everything...

Taunting in single-player modes grants instant 100% meter with any character. It's probably bound to one of those four buttons.

shaowebb

Taunting in single-player modes grants instant 100% meter with any character. It's probably bound to one of those four buttons.

No shit? So I guess when just trying random stuff for shits one of the triggers is for taunt.
Weird feature to have...

I need to read up on this game's mechanics. I can usually remember drives, but between all these sequels and all the titles I bounce between I can't remember how to play this series since I almost immediately bounced back to Arcana Heart and then got hit with a year of DFCI, Koihime and Nitroplus.

EDIT: BTW Izanami feels boss as fuck.

preta

No shit? So I guess when just trying random stuff for shits one of the triggers is for taunt.
Weird feature to have...

I need to read up on this game's mechanics. I can usually remember drives, but between all these sequels and all the titles I bounce between I can't remember how to play this series since I almost immediately bounced back to Arcana Heart and then got hit with a year of DFCI, Koihime and Nitroplus.

EDIT: BTW Izanami feels boss as fuck.

You can unbind Taunt or move it to something else.

I'm up to play if you (or anyone else) are, by the way.

Since I need to work from home this weekend, I really can't take my attention away from my pc too often unless I can pause a game, so I haven't played in a match few days. Though if anyone wants to play Monday I am down. Just asking ahead of time, since I know people ask to play and posts go unnoticed when posting on a whim, so I guess a heads up would be nice to give people. Though what do you guys thinking of setting up a room to play on a certain day on a weekly basis? I only need 1 other person to play with if they are down for it.

I know there is a discord but I just feel to lazy to fire it up on my pc most of the time unless I was playing some game on the pc, like I used to do when playing BnS.

NEO0MJ

Is it any good? I think CP's was a hot mess, but it ended on a fairly big note.

Some parts are interesting, while others feel like they stretch for too long.

I mean, you can do enough with him through the diff moves to do stuff. Too bad he's trash for many other reasons.

Dustloop seems to agree, which is a shame. Still, is it worth playing with him or should I wait until maybe they buff him?

Anne

Dustloop seems to agree, which is a shame. Still, is it worth playing with him or should I wait until maybe they buff him?

Depends. If you like him and he keeps you interested in playing, there's no point in stopping now. If you wanna win and you have another character you're interested in that can work better, it's worth a shot as well.

The reason he's bad btw is his neutral is pretty awful and his toolset doesn't lead to anything besides damage really. Despite what people may say, you don't need half screen buttons to be good in BBCF (they certainly do help though). At the same time, being the size of a small mountain and being about as immobile as one too is not going to be winning you a lot of exchanges.

If that's something you want to work through, sounds fun, and you're not into tournaments go crazy. He's a p cool character. If not, might be better off elsewhere.

NEO0MJ

If that's something you want to work through, sounds fun, and you're not into tournaments go crazy. He's a p cool character. If not, might be better off elsewhere.

I only managed to play him for like half an hour after unlocking him. I'll train with him a week or so before trying to play online. If it doesn't work I'll explore my options, maybe even go back to Hakumen.
Sad thing is that this happened with CP as well with Kagura. And what's worse with Kagura is that he's still bad.

shaowebb

Definitely needing to relearn BB rhythms lol. I just tried to use Ranbu...this aint DFCI.
I play way too many fighters.

NEO0MJ

After facing Nine in arcade I get what you mean about half screen buttons :p
Plus until I unlock Towering Flame and Blade of Judgement it looks like it will be difficult to get someone off me and/or play the distance game.

shaowebb

Boppin between story mode and lab now. On chapter 6 without doing sub scenes. Hope to finally see an ending to all this story. Time loop, time travel, alternate history memories, folks resetting and changing roles, jumping locations, faaaaaar too many terms for things like Nox Nictores/grimoire/librarium/NOL/Sector 7/Azure/Blazblue and more... Its neat but its what I'd calle OVERWRITTEN complexity just for the sake of complexity.

Can't wait to see the finale.

Lab and mission mode with Mai is fun. Got some neat strong to light links and some rapid cancel stuff. Easy peasy double jump combos off of launchers with medium to heavy into the dives...guarantee I can find more stuff with that. Love the ability to watch a demo of the mission with the inputs showed in slow motion to understand stuff.

Anbec7

About the story... there is something that's been bugging me

EDIT[ Nevermind! the moment I posted it was explained LOL

Personally I think it's a little worse in this one because what I felt dragged the most was the story mode equivalent of the arcade's Act 1
which is pretty much "hey let's do CT again but now with some differences"
and I just really wanted that to be over.

Speaking of the arcade mode story, Act 3 feels pointless considering how story mode does nothing with its main plot point of
"Noel is the cause of everything bad go kill her" and also the "Mu is going crazy and paranoid" thing

NEO0MJ

My "characters I want to play" list right now is Susano'o, Hakumen, Terumi, Amane, and Nine. Nine is so crazy, it feels kinda unfair to give her what seems to be such an amazing moveset.

So... a typical BB story then.

I guess so, but this time without the dubs :p

Personally I think it's a little worse in this one because what I felt dragged the most was the story mode equivalent of the arcade's Act 1
which is pretty much "hey let's do CT again but now with some differences"
and I just really wanted that to be over.

That's the part that really made me want to know where the skip button was.

Top Bottom