• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue IV: Central Fiction |OT| Be Ready For The Phantoms

Hubb

So uh, does anyone have the PS3 version? Or is it crossplay and doesn't matter?

It is crossplay, but apparently there might be some problems with the lobbies. I think invites might not work, but if you set up a room/put a password on it it is fine.

Least that is my understanding, I've yet to try a lobby match with a PS3 player.

EDIT: If you want to test it, I'm around for a lot of today.

RoeBear

It is crossplay, but apparently there might be some problems with the lobbies. I think invites might not work, but if you set up a room/put a password on it it is fine.

Least that is my understanding, I've yet to try a lobby match with a PS3 player.

EDIT: If you want to test it, I'm around for a lot of today.
I was ps4, Rhap is ps3. Invites won't work same as BBCPEX. The password is the best way.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah. I've had issues getting PS4 people to join my (PS3) lobby through password, so PS4 hosting is the way to go. Also remember that invites don't really work cross-platform. So only use invites for people that are on the same system.

Man, just fought my first Nine. Totally didn't expect that overhead projectile. Holy crap it's fast. I need to look up what somethings she does, she does some burst thing of different colors, which I assume must be something to set or stock her spells, since I heard she is basically fighting game Invoker. She also seems to have rather long normals, I was surprised at the ranges I was getting tagged into a full combo.

Overall it seems the netcode has been treating me nice. Most of my matches have been good, though I remember it being good back in CT too. The only player I ran into connection issues was trying to start the match but we kept getting a connection error in the lobby.

edit: Also what are the requirements for Susanoo? I played against him. I assume it is doing Story but how far do I have to go to unlock him? NVM just read that it is doing the whole thing. Probably won't get him this weekend then.

Shadic7700

Just watched the story and
haku gets iced
but later
Ragna separates Ssusanoo and he is back
the we see
Tsubaki with his sword
and then nothing wtf I need subs or that nonexistent dub soon

P.S. Watched it on YouTube since I have no way of getting it and they didn't put subs for the cutscenes:-(

Rhapsody

Banned
Man, just fought my first Nine. Totally didn't expect that overhead projectile. Holy crap it's fast. I need to look up what somethings she does, she does some burst thing of different colors, which I assume must be something to set or stock her spells, since I heard she is basically fighting game Invoker. She also seems to have rather long normals, I was surprised at the ranges I was getting tagged into a full combo.

Overall it seems the netcode has been treating me nice. Most of my matches have been good, though I remember it being good back in CT too. The only player I ran into connection issues was trying to start the match but we kept getting a connection error in the lobby.

edit: Also what are the requirements for Susanoo? I played against him. I assume it is doing Story but how far do I have to go to unlock him? NVM just read that it is doing the whole thing. Probably won't get him this weekend then.

Nine is annoying online lol. Kunzite's much harder to block and most Nine's online keep dashing and hoping you get tagged by a normal.. Thankfully that backdash has no invul on frame 1, but she has one of the more annoying neutrals to deal with even without spells.

Not too far into this game but I love it. Whatever that mode is where you fight for items and stuff, and new challengers butt in when you've reached certain levels is legit.

And this is one collector's edition statue I will actually have the space to display LOL!

qyqKeo2.jpg

Just wondering, how fast and safe are counter assaults? Do they start up in about 5-6 frames (I think this is how fast As are in this game)? The Central Fiction wiki was pretty barren for Mai so no real frame data is up yet. Just wondering since a lot of times, I feel using the 50 meter to end combos in super feels like a waste due to the scaling, so I want to see my other meter options, and since pressure in this game is pretty strong, I wonder how safe and baitable the CA is. Other than that I feel that I have been trying to use meter to recover from doing something stupid like poking with something unsafe, though if I whiff that means I fucked up pretty bad, since Mai can get her chains out even when not hitting anything.

I'm sure I'll get they game eventually, but is it really worth it if you have BlazBlue: CP already? I even got it on both XBox One and PS4 lol, so I'm a fan I guess you can say.

Hubb

I'm sure I'll get they game eventually, but is it really worth it if you have BlazBlue: CP already? I even got it on both XBox One and PS4 lol, so I'm a fan I guess you can say.

Did you skip CPEX? If you did I'd say it is worth it if you are looking to play online/others. Otherwise you can probably wait for the first price drop, GG/BB seem to drop pretty quickly.

Holy shit this memorial book is practically hentai...

Is there some sort of anime trope, where anime girls dont know how to eat cream covered deserts unless they start rolling around in it multiple times and then pose coquettishly?

Yes, the more normal an anime girl character started out, the more hentai her depeictions will become once the sales become mostly hardcore fans.

It's stupid but factually proven lol.

Hell look at Silvaria from Valkyria Chonicles. Her in game model, then look at the anime figures they make for her years later lol. "characterization" is what we call it.

I actually hadn't checked yet lol

It did tho, just added you.

GGs, my ANIME KYO needs some work. I was flubbing even basic rekkas trying to get those micro dashes they try to make people do in all those challenges. I feel obligated to learn a character like him because he basically is Kyo down to the stance with a slight change in the arm angle.

I feel Mai definitely is a gorilla character, I feel like I can put people in 50/50s with her strings alone, easy to push the opponent to the corner, then easy damage within the corner. Though, I guess fighting game devs always like making polearm users the easier/entry character, like the Sins and Kiliks.

GGs

Playing against Mai always gets a little frustrating when I get in the corner not gonna lie ==;
I imagine Naoto must be a bit frustrating to play online considering his playstyle.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Anyone want to play? My psn is kiunch. Been ages since I played fighting game.

Appears that since I am on ps3, I can't accept invites, only password protected public room. I am sorry I can't afford PS+ just for one game :/

Anyone want to play? My psn is kiunch. Been ages since I played fighting game.

Appears that since I am on ps3, I can't accept invites, only password protected public room. I am sorry I can't afford PS+ just for one game :/

Sure I guess I'll play, gonna hop on now. Are you going to create the room or should I? My psn is GiygasXLR.

edit: Just noticed it has been an hour since your post, I'll just send you a friend request to see if you are on. If not, I guess I should be working on the Nanowrimo I have been slacking on...

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
This is more annoying than I thought lol, I should had get this for ps4 instead.

2 bar is surprisingly smooth, and yes I forgot to set password.

This is more annoying than I thought lol, I should had get this for ps4 instead.

2 bar is surprisingly smooth, and yes I forgot to set password.

GGs Kiunch. I decided to bounce because I have to sleep within an hour and I have a habit that if I play into the night I'm gonna lay there thinking about the game too long, and I have to wake up for work at 5 am lol. My anime Kyo needs even more work defensively, because that Arakune mauled him since if I can't get going with him I'm done. I feel great with Mai though, since I can get in their face easily or chuck spears into their face to harass.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
GGs Kiunch. I decided to bounce because I have to sleep within an hour and I have a habit that if I play into the night I'm gonna lay there thinking about the game too long, and I have to wake up for work at 5 am lol. My anime Kyo needs even more work defensively, because that Arakune mauled him since if I can't get going with him I'm done. I feel great with Mai though, since I can get in their face easily or chuck spears into their face to harass.

GG, I kind of glad I didn't password the room, otherwise it would be boring for both of us just having you beating me all day.

I really need to practice more. Send me a msg whenever you want to play, since I am on ps3 I can't see online status of people in ps4. This is so mess up.

sibarraz

Banned
I feel like playing blazblue again, I left on continuum shift, in central fiction is there a summary of what haoppened on chronophantasma or I shold play it to understand it?

Ken

is the free Es dlc over for NA? i thought i read it was 2 weeks from launch

or do i need to start the game up first for her to show up free?

Rhapsody

Banned
is the free Es dlc over for NA? i thought i read it was 2 weeks from launch

or do i need to start the game up first for her to show up free?

It was free only for a week. Because of stuff like this, I usually access the PS Store on the website from my computer so I can put it on my DLs list by getting it there. Less of a hassle and less of a chance for me to put it off.

Ken

It was free only for a week. Because of stuff like this, I usually access the PS Store on the website from my computer so I can put it on my DLs list by getting it there. Less of a hassle and less of a chance for me to put it off.

ooh i thought it was 2 weeks :(

Es will be available for download for free on PlayStation Store for the first two weeks after launch day and available for purchase beyond the promo window. She’ll be available for both the PS4 and PS3 versions. Don’t miss out on Es, the limited edition, and the final chapter of the BlazBlue saga!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...iction-limited-edition-announced-dlc-details/

i wasn't planning to get the game but i guess i should have done that anyways

Zyrox

Got the game Last week, played through the Story and now trying my luck online. I'm really digging Susanoo. What a Great surprise this dude was. Has like everything I like in a fighting game character. Big Body, Big Buttons, Big damage, interesting mechanic, dope Ass command grab, awesome theme. Bonus points for being a villain and being green.
Terumi redeemed.

Naite

I can't see any difference playing on the pro either. Maybe it's something minor like the UI or 3d backgrounds being improved for 4k screens or something.

I'd love for ASW to add pro support to Revelator and give it some downsampling so we'd get great quality like Xrd Sign on Steam.
Or announce a Steam port already.

Haganeren

Hum i'm searching online a list of change (like what new moves there is for every character) between Chrono Phantasma Extend and Central Fiction but with no luck.

Could someone be kind enough to tell me if he knows one ?

Rutger

Banned
GGs. I didn't get enough games against you to figure out the MUs, RoeBear, I'll probably have to play a much lamer run away game.

Top Bottom