• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Another unsurprising chapter outside of people actually remembering that Orihime can essentially bring people back to life with her OP power...well except for the Soul King himself.

she also couldnt bring ichigo back when he fought ulquiorra on top of the dome. i dont think it matters much about the person she brings back. It more depends on how powerful the person inflicting the wound is. I think it's fair to say Ichigo and Ywach are probably the two strongest characters in Bleach right now and much stronger than R2 Ulquiorra so there was little hope from the beginning for the SK.

Welfare

Ukitake. He'll be the next Soul King. He's actually related to the Soul King and used to live at the Royal Palace. When he got sent to Soul Society, the difference in spirit energy in the environment made him sickly

yeah

Fuck.

That could actually happen.

Hopefully Aizen comes back thanks to SS getting destroyed.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
God damn bleach lol...

Wonder what's going to happen

*Twist* Ukitake is actually the soul king and that one up there was a decoy. Ukitake was just hanging around, he's been sickly because of what he had to process all the time.

Jarnet87

God damn bleach lol...

*Twist* Ukitake is actually the soul king and that one up there was a decoy. Ukitake was just hanging around, he's been sickly because of what he had to process all the time.

was thinking this might happen. Can we just see everyones bankai and be done with it please.

Tecl0n

Orihime is so cute

hmmmm what else

Ukitake. He'll be the next Soul King. He's actually related to the Soul King and used to live at the Royal Palace. When he got sent to Soul Society, the difference in spirit energy in the environment made him sickly

yeah

this is plausible. damn .

Mendrox

Wow I don't read Bleach since 3-4 years anymore (YES!) but the Soul King is such a noob. I wanted somebody who can kick ass... Now Ukitake will take his place lol. Also what happened to Orihimes boobs?!?!

Yado

I hate how Kubo never really did anything with Karin/Yuzu but kept adding characters no one asked for. :/

EmiPrime

I hate how Kubo never really did anything with Karin/Yuzu but kept adding characters no one asked for. :/

Yeah. The series should have been focused on Karin, Yuzu, Kon, Ichigo, his dad, his school friends and Rukia like it was at the start instead of giving Ichigo constant power ups and introducing a massive menagerie of characters who never seem to die.

Ushay

I STILL have no clue where this manga is going, yet I continue to read lol. Ah well, onto to the next chapter!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just read this week's chapter.

itsnothing.gif

Again

Why is it that Orihime's most impressive feat in the entire manga was healing Grimmjow's, (an enemy) hand?! Anytime she actually needs to use it for any other purpose it inextricably fails because reasons

vypek

itsnothing.gif

Again

lol. Isn't this the norm now? There seem to be very little going on. For some reason these past few chapters have felt like a crawl to me.

Didn't know GAF had an OT for Bleach. Starting to come into off-topic more. I'm really reading this now just to finish it up. There are so many characters who seem to be so grandiose in their powers and so many unnecessary things he throws in that its so hard to enjoy now. I swear he writes himself into a corner and then tries to find a way out of it. Hoping he can at least get somewhat closer to a strong end for this series since he is on the last arc.

itsnothing.gif

Again

How is it nothing? I'm convinced most you people just say that no matter what happens. Soul King getting killed? no big deal. Yhwach becoming god? No big deal. SS and everywhere start crumbling away? No big deal nothing happened. Nothing will ever happen for you people. It doesn't matter what big plot event happens, it's still nothing happening to you.

How is it nothing? I'm convinced most you people just say that no matter what happens. Soul King getting killed? no big deal. Yhwach becoming god? No big deal. SS and everywhere start crumbling away? No big deal nothing happened. Nothing will ever happen for you people. It doesn't matter what big plot event happens, it's still nothing happening to you.

He got killed last chapter and Yhwach has pretty much been a god since he beat that monk royal guard. SS crumbling is pretty much the only new thing we got

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's not really the magnitude of what's happening, but how little happens within each chapter. Of course I'm exaggerating - it's not like it was all filler. The Soul King dying and everything starting to collapse are big events. But this and the last chapter still feel as if barely anything happened. Very little dialogue, no movement of characters, mostly setup chapters, etc. Compare this week's Bleach to this week's One Piece and it's a world of difference.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

To be fair, that all happened in the last two pages of the previous chapter. It just Kept Happening this chapter.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
God damn bleach lol...

it-was-me-austin-o.gif

LordCanti

I'm sure the guy that knows all and sees all and can steal your powers is going to be undone by whatever Ukitake has planned. That definitely won't be seen right through and this definitely won't ultimately be left in Ichigo's hands.

Poor Orihime...

"Orihime, do the thing!"

"I can't, the thing won't work!"

Jarnet87

Kyoraku has probably know the whole time since he is so close to Ukitake. Makes we wonder is Kyoraku more then just a regular captain, he's been wasted throughout the series. Had to fight Sado in rescue arc, then lots of nothing, then the crappy Stark fight, then pwned by aizen ?

SolVanderlyn

All I can say is that Ukitake better not be a villain. Aizen was my favorite captain in his pre-reveal persona, Ukitake is my current fav... I don't want to be burned again.

Welfare

All I can say is that Ukitake better not be a villain. Aizen was my favorite captain in his pre-reveal persona, Ukitake is my current fav... I don't want to be burned again.

I don't think he'll turncoat. Way too late in the story for that.
or not

Maybe his Bankai can do something. We still don't know what it is.

Ginjo was right all along.

I don't know... A dude who has been the nice sick guy from the jump? Dicked around during the Aizen saga, other than saving Ichigo from Byakuya and tussling with Yama so Ichigo could fight Byakuya.. then he was doing what exactly during the Quincy invasion?

Ywach is Ukitake's unwitting pawn. bum bum bum.

Jarnet87

Ginjo was right all along.

I don't know... A dude who has been the nice sick guy from the jump? Dicked around during the Aizen saga, other than saving Ichigo from Byakuya and tussling with Yama so Ichigo could fight Byakuya.. then he was doing what exactly during the Quincy invasion?

Ywach is Ukitake's unwitting pawn. bum bum bum.

Ukitake as a bad guy, I think thats the point where i throw my hands up and stop reading bleach til its over.

SolVanderlyn

So, whose bankais do we not know?

-Ukitake
-Kyoraku
-Urahara
-Shinji

Anyone else...?

vypek

Is he alive? I wanted to see him kickass with that Kusarigama in this arc but i feel like we hadn't see him at all.

Also, Yachiru's (shikai?) and bankai...

We've seen Yachiru's shikai, haven't we? Its that form that has a blade swing before hers and after hers.

so what ever happen to toshirou?

I didn't even realize he got snuffed and became a zombie earlier lol

Who knows. Maybe never returning? I'm most interested in Yachiru being missing. If it turns out she was written to have a fight and then get a cheap loss and go missing for no reason, I'll definitely be upset.

Corgi

Banned
been wondering. dont' watch wrestling... but is being a Bleach 'fan' pretty much the same as being a WWE fan?

Top Bottom