• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

I never realized that stuff about Unohana. That's pretty cool that it was hinted at since the beginning. Definitely don't remember her causing Aizen to retreat.
People give Kubo shit, but he is pretty decent at foreshadowing. It's just a lot of people miss it and then call it an ass pull.

Pacing is where he has become awful at.

Chariot

People give Kubo shit, but he is pretty decent at foreshadowing. It's just a lot of people miss it and then call it an ass pull.

I would rather say that he occasionally does something good. But a lot of stuff is clearly bullshit that he makes up as he goes along. I know that most mangaka work that way (especially in such long running series), but most can make their stuff make sense. King of it is of course Oda, who never forgets anything he foreshadows and introduces.

I never realized that stuff about Unohana. That's pretty cool that it was hinted at since the beginning. Definitely don't remember her causing Aizen to retreat.

really? it was always shown that the older captains were scared of her and she was frequently drawn ominously whenever she had to repeat herself or demanded something.

the thing was back then it just seemed like something played for comedic effect, I'll give it to Kubo for using that trope and having her actually turn out to be an axe craxy psycho.

Eusis

I would rather say that he occasionally does something good. But a lot of stuff is clearly bullshit that he makes up as he goes along. I know that most mangaka work that way (especially in such long running series), but most can make their stuff make sense. King of it is of course Oda, who never forgets anything he foreshadows and introduces.
I think he at least has some ideas in mind in advance (or knows how to run with some stupid crap well enough anyway), just that it seems in reaching point A to point B he kinda sucks, ergo the pacing statement.

Slayven

Him and the One Piece guy should fusion dance, than we will have the most perfect paced chapters.

Hystzen

He pacing looks better in volumes though it sometimes feels like Kubo writes his weeklys thinking how they fit into each volume. It like it writes a volume then slices it all up to become weekly it bizarrely paced and each chapter seems empty but in a volume book it flows wayyy better

Corgi

Banned
wonder if they will ever touch on the vague mystery shit aizen was talking about before he turned into a mummy

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
wonder if they will ever touch on the vague mystery shit aizen was talking about before he turned into a mummy
??

EmiPrime

really? it was always shown that the older captains were scared of her and she was frequently drawn ominously whenever she had to repeat herself or demanded something.

the thing was back then it just seemed like something played for comedic effect, I'll give it to Kubo for using that trope and having her actually turn out to be an axe craxy psycho.

The pay off wasn't worth it as she was immediately put into a fight in which it was obvious she was going to be killed off. If the reveal had happened and she had gone on a quincy killing spree that would have been satisfying instead of what felt like an ass pull power up for Kenpachi.

Looking through the Bleach Wikia again for this, I just realized how screwed up Chōjirō Tadaoki Sasakibe was in the fight with Ichigo. This is one of the oldest serving shinigami, having reached his Bankai before Shunsui and Utikate. Ichigo one shots him.

She was also bending reality, so she probably could have defeated the kid.

Was she? I have no idea what her Bankai did... Man this sucks I was actually really into the arc. The fight against Mask set the bar too high, I though we where going to get sweet basic one on one fights and all the sternritters where going to each turn out more powerful than the last. But of course the hat wearing guy [who I honestly cannot believe I forgot his name] had to fuck it all up with his nonensensical plot devices. Naruto at it's worst was more cohesive than this.

ohlawd

isn't Unohana's Bankai some lame acid waterfall attack?

she didn't explain it before kicking the bucket tho. she broke standard Bleach conventions

Joni

Honestly, I thought it was killing Kenpachi and reverting him back to life all the time. But looking back, she might have stopped at just bringing him to an inch of his life and reverting, but then it would be strange she couldn't heal the others.

to me Unohana's bankai seemed to be melting him and then healing him over and over, which would fit her perfectly as a psycho who learned how to heal just to prolong fights.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Looking through the Bleach Wikia again for this, I just realized how screwed up Chōjirō Tadaoki Sasakibe was in the fight with Ichigo. This is one of the oldest serving shinigami, having reached his Bankai before Shunsui and Utikate. Ichigo one shots him.

That was the same Ichigo who was mildly annoyed by the released Sōkyoku (with the power of a million zanpakuto) poking him in the back.

Nobody should've been able to stop him really.

Joni

That was the same Ichigo who was mildly annoyed by the released Sōkyoku (with the power of a million zanpakuto) poking him in the back.

It is the same Ichigo that was stopped with one finger by Aizen. At that moment, Ichigo knocked out a Captain level opponent in one hit... Because that is what Sasakibe is. He has been offered one of the spots in the past, but refused due to his loyalty to Yamamoto.

I love how Kubo just brushed that all away with "lol his power is constantly fluctuating" deal with it.

mother fucker one shotted a captain level dude(Sasakibe) in shikai and then had to go hollow in bankai to beat Byakuya.

insanity I tell ya.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
It is the same Ichigo that was stopped with one finger by Aizen. At that moment, Ichigo knocked out a Captain level opponent in one hit... Because that is what Sasakibe is. He has been offered one of the spots in the past, but refused due to his loyalty to Yamamoto.
He punched straight through that one dude's bowling ball attack. He was dealing spiritual pressure so high, those assistants would exploded had they tried to hit him.

Ichigo was exhausted by the time he got to Aizen though.

Always thought of Ichigo as a reverse Hulk.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I haven't read Bleach since they defeated Aizen, but I'm going to catch up soon just to discuss it with you guys!

You got balls man.
Id say between Aizens end and now theres quite a lot of shit, like nigh worthless stuff.

Nobody except Aizen.

Dude can stop theme songs.

Hahaha thats one hell of an ability.
And honeslt i was actually in love with bleach pretty much during that time, its hard for me to believe ive been following bleach since i was so young......why do i still read it!!!!

Hystzen

I love how Kubo just brushed that all away with "lol his power is constantly fluctuating" deal with it.

mother fucker one shotted a captain level dude(Sasakibe) in shikai and then had to go hollow in bankai to beat Byakuya.

insanity I tell ya.

Him losing to Byakuya was explained (he did lose his hollow won it really) his body could not cope with using bankai for first time. He was also drained from training as he trained then flew straight away save rukia. Byakuya already mentioned after beating Renji it takes years be able to use it you can't just whack it out and expect to win. Your body has to adjust to the change and strain it puts on you

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Him losing to Byakuya was explained (he did lose his hollow won it really) his body could not cope with using bankai for first time.
Which didn't make sense.

"Your human body can't support your bankai."

Ichigo's body wasn't there. It was his soul. The physical limits of his body would be irrelevant.

Welfare

Which didn't make sense.

"Your human body can't support your bankai."

Ichigo's body wasn't there. It was his soul. The physical limits of his body would be irrelevant.

But it wasn't his Bankai, or was it?

Fuck this whole Quincy/Hollow/Human/Shinigami bullshit.

Aizen wanted to be the next Soul King, didn't he? Suppose he succeeded, and the crystal dude Ichigo killed was just a doppelganger.

Still surprised Ichigo didn't go straight into "Bankai" when he attacked Bach.
That's how you lose. Show your power first, and you lose (unless you're hiding another power).

Joyful

Aizen wanted to be the next Soul King, didn't he? Suppose he succeeded, and the crystal dude Ichigo killed was just a doppelganger.

i thought of this theory yesterday but then i was like
if aizen is behind everything why would the world(s) start shaking, even if he was using his hypnosword to make people think it was
people who have never seen it like ichigos sisters wouldnt be affected

Chariot

quincies are still technically human
Right, I forgot about that. It wouldn't matter anyways, humans can't do anything special on their own what the others can't do.

Well, he looked kinda like butterfly Aizen. Would be super funny and lame if Aizen hypnotized Bach.

Maybe. I don't know. Whatever, still.

Still surprised Ichigo didn't go straight into "Bankai" when he attacked Bach.
He needs to wait a few turns to build up AP.

Welfare

Well, he looked kinda like butterfly Aizen. Would be super funny and lame if Aizen hypnotized Bach.

He did distort Bach sense of time when they met. That seemed to only last a bit though, or his all seeing eyes negate the effect.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Nah it was his SR powered bankai. His hollow uses the same one.

It was Zangetsu, but Zangetsu was never his real zanpakutou, which I think is the point here. It was a fake Quincy sword, through which he channeled some of his dad's techniques. We've never seen his real bankai.

i thought of this theory yesterday but then i was like
if aizen is behind everything why would the world(s) start shaking, even if he was using his hypnosword to make people think it was
people who have never seen it like ichigos sisters wouldnt be affected
Maybe his bankai is that he can hypnotize you even if you've never seen it. Absolute hypnosis is only his shikai, so he still has tricks up his sleeves.

He did. Bach sees everything, remember? That means he saw Aizen release his zanpakuto, so he should be hypnotized. He can probably see outside the hypnosis, too, I guess, but if you combine the fake a real, he wouldn't be able to tell what's real and what's fake.

Hystzen

Something I just remembered we not seen his real bankai but he achieved Final Getsuga form so does that mean he can have a final form again with his now real bankai.

The bankai(and shikai) we've been seeing all this time IS Ichigo's it's just that his Quincy side(Yhwach) was actively supressing his shinigami/hollow powers and he was acting as the main power source.

In short it's like Ichigo's been using 10%(pulled this out of my ass) of his full shinigami//hollow powers all this time, his former shikai/bankai were just dumbed down versions of what they should be.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dinosaur Ichigo, Ichigo aping Ywach for the entire series, Aizen having plans for the Soul King...

Something tells me I haven't really been paying close attention, because these are all revelations to me.

Something I just remembered we not seen his real bankai but he achieved Final Getsuga form so does that mean he can have a final form again with his now real bankai.

O.O he will be twice as powerful. Also, I've always had this crazy theory how maybe this second sword won't make him lose his reitsu after activating his final form. Like his normal sword releases reitsu, but the new one since it has quincy qualities pulls in reitsu, so he can never run empty on reitsu. Thus infinite final forms!

I'm stepping in here to to see what has transpired of my once beloved series. I haven't read or watched Bleach in years, they lost me after Soul Society but it strived on for bit to the next archs here and there...now there is something about the "true" Ichigo bankai?

Come the f*** on Kubo, how many asspulls can you do in one series?! The series was already inconsistent as hell with character power levels, but crips dude, guy never learned to grow pass it.

Gah, every time I come back, simply due to nostalgia and a piece of my heart loves the original Bleach and Soul Society, reading all these nonsense since then scares me right back out.

It's like a car wreck that you can't help to stare at as you pass by.

Slayven

The bankai(and shikai) we've been seeing all this time IS Ichigo's it's just that his Quincy side(Yhwach) was actively supressing his shinigami/hollow powers and he was acting as the main power source.

In short it's like Ichigo's been using 10%(pulled this out of my ass) of his full shinigami//hollow powers all this time.
Ichigo has all the powers. that is how he beats the Almighty, his bankai/Resurrección/Letzt Stil will be Almighty Mark 2

Top Bottom