• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

daveo42

Banned
Looks like the rest of the gang is finally headed to Soul King's Palace. I'm just curious how long they'll draw out all of these fights and what kind of broken techniques Ichigo will pull out of his ass to squash Bach.

Still expecting Aizen to pop up to wreck some shit and exclaim it was all according to his plans.

Bleach should be restarted, Kubo draws someone else on story ffs.

Whoever was responsible for naruto needs to get on this shit.
Ahaha, really? Did you not read Naruto after the timeskip? Hardly better than Bleach post-Aizen and it didn't even have Kubo's artwork to at least make it visually entertaining.

Just no.

At this point Kubo is turning into Oh!Great.

great artist, but shit story writing.

at least Oh!Great had the decency to throw in some TnA to keep things interesting before it all gets convoluted

VariantX

I felt choosing not to read this for weeks at a time would help me deal with the glacial pacing this manga seems to have. This weeks chapter has clearly shown that it didn't help me at all.

Zoe

I'd rather read chapters like this than fights that span several chapters just to be pointless in the end.

Jarnet87

I don't know what is sadder; reading Berserk and never getting new chapters, or reading Bleach and every week it just gets worse and worse.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I don't know what is sadder; reading Berserk and never getting new chapters, or reading Bleach and every week it just gets worse and worse.

I think Bleach is worse because at least with Berserk, it just stops with the hope that it might eventually continue. With Bleach, it's just an endless stream of shit that should have stopped years ago.

Viridian6

And suddenly we seem to be at the final battle.

Presumably Yhwach still has his Elite Five waiting in the wings so Ichigo's nakama can make themselves useful. Once Ishida pulls his face turn it's five on five. (Wonder if that's why Ganju was randomly roped into this). Anyone care enough to speculate on the matchups?

My picks:

Ishida vs Haschwalth (Ishida has to accomplish something)
Orihime vs Askin (battle of defence/magic)
Chad vs Miracle guy (battle of strength)
Yoruichi vs Sniper guy (battle of speed)
Ganju vs Sternritter C (lol I dunno what either can do)

ohlawd

I have no idea why any of them save Yoruichi and Ichigo are there

Ganju? this dude? didn't this guy piss himself when Yamamoto flexed his reaitsu

Orihime, maybe she got a power up offscreen who knows

Chad makes Vegeta and Yamcha look good in comparison

Poor Ganju. He's so fucked lol

Kusagari

At this point Kubo is turning into Oh!Great.

great artist, but shit story writing.

at least Oh!Great had the decency to throw in some TnA to keep things interesting before it all gets convoluted

Hopefully Spirit Obama shows up to complete this comparison.

Chariot

Orihime, maybe she got a power up offscreen who knows
She don't need one. She can already wish for everything she want, no?

I mean, of course there is still the inconsistency why she didn't wish for a better manga, but maybe that will be revealed in the climax.

Astral

Well Ganju is at least accompanied by Ginjo, Tsukishima, and that old dude. Maybe they'll actually be smart and have a 4 on 1 fight. Fuck fairness. Grimmjow is also eating shit somewhere. Maybe he'll finally pop up.

ibyea

Banned
I have given up on Bleach a long time ago, and now I find this and holy crap, Kubo just manages to outdo his previous asspulls. This thread is hilarious, subscribed.

ohlawd

She don't need one. She can already wish for everything she want, no?

I mean, of course there is still the inconsistency why she didn't wish for a better manga, but maybe that will be revealed in the climax.

yeah she can but she can still improve

Jarnet87

If Ichigo and Ishida don't face off the then what the hell was the whole point of turning him to the quincy side again.

Chariot

It really is amazing how much plot and fighting Oda gets done in 16 pages and how little Kubo manages in the same.
Yeah. Seeing the recent Flashback, Oda managed to put more story and feelings in half a chapter than Kubo did in this whole arc.

yeah she can but she can still improve
I wish Kubo could.

If Ichigo and Ishida don't face off the then what the hell was the whole point of turning him to the quincy side again.
Where is he anyways? Is he like standing somewhere, staring into nothingness until conveniently appearing in some dramatic moment?

Lagamorph

Given that Kubo's previous works barely ever made it past 5 or 6 volumes at best, I think he's just completely burned out on Bleach. Guy needs to take a break for a week or two and evaluate what the hell is going on.

I kinda get the feeling that he knows where he ultimately wants to go, but just has no clue how to get there.

Jarnet87

Yeah. Seeing the recent Flashback, Oda managed to put more story and feelings in half a chapter than Kubo did in this whole arc.

I wish Kubo could.

Where is he anyways? Is he like standing somewhere, staring into nothingness until conveniently appearing in some dramatic moment?

probably, and then he will one shot a bunch of captains/vice captains.

Hystzen

Holy fuck at those Kenpachi translations.

I don't mind route we going nothing like a destroy to rebuild angle. Long during the rebuild we hire competent captains to run to SS.

Yado

omg Lisa

tumblr_lh4zok7qds1qzjix8.gif

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Yeah, it ain't good, but "incomprehensible" wouldn't be my first choice of words.

Honestly this chapter isn't really bad or anything outside of the typical glacial pacing (multi-week break followed by two chapters of set-up?). For the most part, the only times I've enjoyed reading Bleach the past few years have been the times when I've skipped about a year's worth of material and then taken an afternoon to catch up, barring some rare high points.

KdylanR92

I'm really only still reading this manga because just like Naruto I feel I have some sort of obligation to finish it after reading it for so many years.

So to make something good of a bad situation the next chapter seems like it'll be hype

ohlawd

Orihime is so cute

hmmmm what else

Ukitake. He'll be the next Soul King. He's actually related to the Soul King and used to live at the Royal Palace. When he got sent to Soul Society, the difference in spirit energy in the environment made him sickly

yeah

daveo42

Banned
Another unsurprising chapter outside of people actually remembering that Orihime can essentially bring people back to life with her OP power...well except for the Soul King himself.
Because I've been dead for far too long. >_>

Plus, there'd be no need for Ukitake to exist if Orihime could just bring the Soul King back.

Orihime is so cute

hmmmm what else

Ukitake. He'll be the next Soul King. He's actually related to the Soul King and used to live at the Royal Palace. When he got sent to Soul Society, the difference in spirit energy in the environment made him sickly

yeah

Yup, and Bach will explain that he saw all of this coming again in excruciating detail. I wonder if seeing the future is his fall back line now.

Top Bottom