• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Finally bringing out the Aizen. I have high hopes for this. Aizen's gonna be unpredictable. Knowing Kubo though, the next chapter will just be a bunch of reaction shots and yelling from Ichigo and company.

Kubo is at his best when he has Aizen talking.

Some of the best bits of dialogue in shonen period, let alone Bleach.

Shadownet

Banned
Finally bringing out the Aizen. I have high hopes for this. Aizen's gonna be unpredictable. Knowing Kubo though, the next chapter will just be a bunch of reaction shots and yelling from Ichigo and company.
Knowing Kubo we'll have to wait a month for that.

Jarnet87

Kubo is at his best when he has Aizen talking.

Some of the best bits of dialogue in shonen period, let alone Bleach.

I liked Aizen in the rescue arc, I liked when he turned evil through Hueco Mundo. Fake Karakura town and his transformation was when I gave up on him.

cdyhybrid

Question: why isn't this thread in the off topic community section like One Piece?
Also, yay aizen finally.

Since when were you under the impression that we weren't in Community?

kNLAzZC.png

Philippo

I swear i thought i'd never again be hyped for the next Bleach chapter, and here we are.

Let us have some of that four-eyed glorious motherfucker.

Now that the troll master himself has returned I can only hope for a satisfying end to the series.

This Probably won't happen.

Would like Ichigo vs. Aizen to finish the series off though.

Astral

I think the only way Kubo can fuck this up is if Aizen becomes a jobber or if once he helps defeat Ywach, he willingly goes back to jail. There's just no way this won't at least become a free for all.

cdyhybrid

I think the only way Kubo can fuck this up is if Aizen becomes a jobber or if once he helps defeat Ywach, he willingly goes back to jail. There's just no way this won't at least become a free for all.

If Aizen jobs or goes back to jail I'm going to be the most disappointed I have ever been with the series. That's not a statement I make lightly.

Joni

Or he changes to a good guy because Ichigo shows him the error of his ways.

Aww, man. Looks like we'll never get to see Ukitake's bank--AIZEN!!!

Okay, so here's my new theory: knowing that one day Yhwach would come back and fuck everyone up, Ukitake, Kyoraku, and Urahara hatched a plan to have one shinigami "betray" the Gotei 13 to remove his innocence and be in a position to challenge Yhwach. Either they chose Aizen or Aizen himself volunteered because they all knew his ability was best suited to counter Yhwach's (which is how Aizen seemed to know all about the Soul King way back, before anyone told him anything). So, Aizen was a good guy the whole time, but he had to really act like a bad guy to convince Yhwach that he was no threat, since Yhwach could see him. That's why Aizen didn't end up killing anyone. That's why he struck down Harribel right before she killed the ice captain whose name I don't remember. That's why Squad Zero didn't give a fuck or even show up when Aizen was supposedly threatening all existence; they knew he wasn't.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Ukitake as a bad guy, I think thats the point where i throw my hands up and stop reading bleach til its over.

There have been at least a hundred such asspulls in the series so far. You'll be back if it happens. :p

It's not even like this hasn't happened before. Aizen turns out to be aizen. Calm blind guy turns out to be a psycho. The nice motherly 4th division healer captain turns out to be an insane blademaster.

kirblar

Okay, so here's my new theory: knowing that one day Yhwach would come back and fuck everyone up, Ukitake, Kyoraku, and Urahara hatched a plan to have one shinigami "betray" the Gotei 13 to remove his innocence and be in a position to challenge Yhwach. Either they chose Aizen or Aizen himself volunteered because they all knew his ability was best suited to counter Yhwach's (which is how Aizen seemed to know all about the Soul King way back, before anyone told him anything). So, Aizen was a good guy the whole time, but he had to really act like a bad guy to convince Yhwach that he was no threat, since Yhwach could see him. That's why Aizen didn't end up killing anyone. That's why he struck down Harribel right before she killed the ice captain whose name I don't remember. That's why Squad Zero didn't give a fuck or even show up when Aizen was supposedly threatening all existence; they knew he wasn't.
Nah. It's just gonna be a "I need to save the galaxy because I live in it!" thing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, I still really want to see his bankai... especially because his zanpakuto is so unique. Maybe in a flashback?

Welfare

STAHP

After Ukitake being the SK's Right Hand, anything is possible now.

Maddocks

It could work because then when Aizen screwed with yhwach perception of time yhwach didn't notice. So now we can say that it was a test if that would work and it did.

Aizen is the Itachi of this universe. BELIEVE!

Chariot

Oh god, I can actually see it.

Kubo probably is going to find a much dumber solution, though.

vypek

I was kind of hoping he'd be able to finish the story without using Aizen but I guess that would never happen considering that they didn't just kill Aizen earlier.

I want this to happen so badly it'd be amazing

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So the other 3 body parts are most likely hidden somewhere or inside of people as well then, right? Soul King had no arms or legs in the crystal. Where/what/who do we think they are? I'm guessing each part represents one of the "races" (Hollow, Human, Quincy, Shinigami), and then his body is the "lynchpin" that was holding all of the worlds together.

The Shinigami is Ukitake (obviously).

The Quincy is probably Yhwach (goes along with him being the Soul King's "son"). Alternatively it could be some artifact that Ishida's dad is holding onto.

The human is probably Orihime (her powers were described by Aizen as "god-like", and haven't been explained unlike Chad's)

The only Hollow of relevance left alive is Grimmjow, but I don't really see a strong argument for him having it. Maybe Ginjo, since Fullbringer powers are Hollow-related? He also can steal Fullbring powers and bestow them on others (does that remind you of anyone?)

I also have to wonder if the Hōgyoku is related to the SK somehow?

Phoenixus

I'm still wondering about the 5 'war potentials' mentioned a while back. Ichigo's one of them, and Aizen and Kenpatchi are as well if I remember correctly?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Oh god, I can actually see it.

Kubo probably is going to find a much dumber solution, though.

He probably doesn't put anywhere near as much thought into his solutions.

It'll probably be something ultra low effort like "I was bored so I decided to do this on a whim."

If I'm right, Bleach* is pretty much Aizen's story, I guess told through Ichigo's eyes.

*And the title has to do with Aizen "bleaching" the darkness from his soul, which he brought upon himself to get the job done. It's his redemption.

Welfare

If I'm right, Bleach* is pretty much Aizen's story, I guess told through Ichigo's eyes.

*And the title has to do with Aizen "bleaching" the darkness from his soul, which he brought upon himself to get the job done. It's his redemption.

"What made you think Kurosaki was the protagonist?"

kIdMuScLe

Dammit! That was my theory too!

Corgi

Banned
the perfect way to wrap up the manga is ichigo saves the day due to the twist... that his hair is actually bleached.

Aizen is a pretty legendary villain. It was going to be next to impossible to top him

He used to be incredible. Then he came back with a d20 in his chest and gave us the dullest, most anticlimactic battle to end the invasion arc. I never wanted to see him again, and then we got a cross-eyed Yosemite Sam calling himself God and suddenly captain 'IT IS THE HOGOS WILL THAT I HAVE NO SWORD' seems like the only salvation the comic has left.

that was my theory from.... 3 years ago

=p
Yeah. It's kind of an old suspicion for me, but today's dialogue, where Kyoraku is talking about how those who are still innocent can go no further, whereas Aizen can, seals the deal for me.

Unfortunately, I also think this means we won't get to see Kyoraku's or Urahara's bankai, unless they are strictly support abilities.

Here are the potential counters for Yhwach that I can see:

1. Aizen: seeing everything means nothing when you can't believe what you see.
2. Ichigo: he probably has something so strong that it can't be stopped, even if you see it coming.
3. Kyoraku: his shikai changes reality into a game, where he can make up rules on the fly. If his bankai is a stronger version of that, then seeing everything might not matter if reality keeps changing.
4. Tousen (but he's dead): his bankai blinds you. But he's already dead, and he's probably too weak to even damage Yhwach at all.
5. Isshin/Kenpachi/Ishida's dad: they're also really strong, I guess.
999. Tatsuki: Kubo doesn't even remember her, so she'd be invisible to Yhwach.

Top Bottom