• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

kmax

Daaaaamn, the fraud himself is back! Aizen, I have waited for you. Finally, this manga is going places. Aizen's absolutely nuts, so who the fuck knows what's gonna happen now.

I genuinely haven't been excited for a Bleach chapter like this in years.

Daaaaamn, the fraud himself is back! Aizen, I have waited for you. Finally, this manga is going places. Aizen's absolutely nuts, so who the fuck knows what's gonna happen now.

I genuinely haven't been excited for a Bleach chapter like this in years.
Do you not see the power Aizen has?!

You know you have a fuck awesome villain when just mentioning his NAME pretty much dominates all discussion even when the fucking SS itself is being destroyed.

revol_getimg.php

Haters gonna hate.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
People actually happy that Aizen is returning is pretty damning on how poor a villain this hairy dude is.
Eh, I don't think so. It's like Freeza from Dragonball. He's so relevant to all aspects of the story, and so super powerful (regarding his time of introduction/time he was active), that he leaves a strong impression on the reader. He also came before all other villains, and served as a behind the scenes villain for one arc, and main villain of another. Said arcs consist of most of the series. He just has big shoes to fill.

Corgi

Banned
to this day i still have no clue how hinamori was the one that got the shit beaten out of the other captains.

that sleight of hands.

I'm loving the Aizen chatter. It's rare a character in any medium is able to elicit such a response. He's just amazing. He's life. He exists to make life more enjoyable.

Those images are just incredible.

MegaPanda

At this point, what point would there even be in bringing Grimmjow back. Same goes for Ganju and the fullbring pals. The SR shouldnt have been offed so quickly

Really?

You all didn't get the implication that even IF Ichigo started yelling warning them about Hinamori, Kyoka Suigetsu would've prevented them from hearing him no matter how hard?

Come on, son.

kmax

Guys, I still can't believe it. Aizen is back in action.

Yhwach vs Aizen..with Ichigo right in the middle of it.

Think about that for a second.

giphy.gif

Really?

You all didn't get the implication that even IF Ichigo started yelling warning them about Hinamori, Kyoka Suigetsu would've prevented them from hearing him no matter how hard?

Come on, son.

or he could've just.......you know...... interferred

the point is that he didn't even attempt to yell or try to stop it it, whether it would have worked or not is besides the point.

Slayven

I wonder how Ishida's supposed to fit into this.

It wasn't forgotten, and it was given a conclusion. That was the whole reason Ichigo got sent home before he could fix his zanpakuto. Once he accepted the nature of his powers, the hollow struggle ended.

I keep forgetting Ishida exist.

Aww, man. Looks like we'll never get to see Ukitake's bank--AIZEN!!!

Okay, so here's my new theory: knowing that one day Yhwach would come back and fuck everyone up, Ukitake, Kyoraku, and Urahara hatched a plan to have one shinigami "betray" the Gotei 13 to remove his innocence and be in a position to challenge Yhwach. Either they chose Aizen or Aizen himself volunteered because they all knew his ability was best suited to counter Yhwach's (which is how Aizen seemed to know all about the Soul King way back, before anyone told him anything). So, Aizen was a good guy the whole time, but he had to really act like a bad guy to convince Yhwach that he was no threat, since Yhwach could see him. That's why Aizen didn't end up killing anyone. That's why he struck down Harribel right before she killed the ice captain whose name I don't remember. That's why Squad Zero didn't give a fuck or even show up when Aizen was supposedly threatening all existence; they knew he wasn't.

That makes too much sense. It won't happen and we will get some really really weird story instead.

Won

Let's wait and see if he actual appears or if we have to wait 50 chapters before that tease actually gets a payoff.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
At this point, what point would there even be in bringing Grimmjow back. Same goes for Ganju and the fullbring pals. The SR shouldnt have been offed so quickly

My guess is he had plans for Grimmjow and the Fullbring guys to fight some of the remaining SR, but his editors told him he needed to wrap the story up (Bleach's popularity has been plummeting) so he just skipped straight to the endgame. Also explains why Bazz B never got a full, good fight, why the royal guard or the Quincy elite guard never got to show off their full abilities or final releases, etc.

My guess is he had plans for Grimmjow and the Fullbring guys to fight some of the remaining SR, but his editors told him he needed to wrap the story up (Bleach's popularity has been plummeting) so he just skipped straight to the endgame. Also explains why Bazz B never got a full, good fight, why the royal guard or the Quincy elite guard never got to show off their full abilities or final releases, etc.

This is the same Kubo who forgot his series own mascot character for years. Odds are Kubo just forgot again

Also while Bleach doesn't do as well in the weekly magazines ratings it still does very well volume wise and Jump just lost Naruto. There is no way they're forcing Kubo to rush yes they're still trying to get the next generation established.

Lulubop

Catching up right now, excited about Aizen coming back. He's certainly the only redeemable thing left and I hope Kubo pulls a really stupid swerve. Like everything after Aizen was "defeated' has actually been Aizen's Bankai or some shit. Go all out with the stupidity before you end this series Kubo, please.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Don't worry, Kubo will waste all this goodwill by cutting back to non-Aizen items for the next 30 chapters. This was just a taste, a reminder that Shunsui's talking to him for some reason. We'll find out why in September.

I like how all of the stuff with Ukitake is almost exactly like the season 1 finale of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Ukitake and Yue even have white hair for the same reason!

Astral

Aww, man. Looks like we'll never get to see Ukitake's bank--AIZEN!!!

Okay, so here's my new theory: knowing that one day Yhwach would come back and fuck everyone up, Ukitake, Kyoraku, and Urahara hatched a plan to have one shinigami "betray" the Gotei 13 to remove his innocence and be in a position to challenge Yhwach. Either they chose Aizen or Aizen himself volunteered because they all knew his ability was best suited to counter Yhwach's (which is how Aizen seemed to know all about the Soul King way back, before anyone told him anything). So, Aizen was a good guy the whole time, but he had to really act like a bad guy to convince Yhwach that he was no threat, since Yhwach could see him. That's why Aizen didn't end up killing anyone. That's why he struck down Harribel right before she killed the ice captain whose name I don't remember. That's why Squad Zero didn't give a fuck or even show up when Aizen was supposedly threatening all existence; they knew he wasn't.

So Aizen is Ocelot and Ywach is the Patriots?

I don't know why people hate Yhwach but somehow love Aizen. Aizen is just as bland and boring. Remember his stupid ass was behind the arrancar arc, and the winter war arc. yhwach at least accomplished shit.

Pachinko

Why do I have this worrying suspicion that Bleach is going to have the lamest cop out ending ever ? I mean, naruto went all breakfast club and logically wrapped up all of it's convoluted absurd plotlines in some fashion but where do you end something like bleach ?

I just feel like when all the fighting is said and done, Ichigo will meet god and time will be reset to the faithful night when ichigo first obtained powers from Rukia , only this time Aizen and all of his wrong doing will be erased , Ichigos mom will be alive again and everyone will be in some perfect personal reality.

Basically "it was a dream all along". I'm not sure why I have so little faith in Kubo-san to finish his story in a better way but there it is.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Why do I have this worrying suspicion that Bleach is going to have the lamest cop out ending ever ? I mean, naruto went all breakfast club and logically wrapped up all of it's convoluted absurd plotlines in some fashion but where do you end something like bleach ?

I just feel like when all the fighting is said and done, Ichigo will meet god and time will be reset to the faithful night when ichigo first obtained powers from Rukia , only this time Aizen and all of his wrong doing will be erased , Ichigos mom will be alive again and everyone will be in some perfect personal reality.

Basically "it was a dream all along". I'm not sure why I have so little faith in Kubo-san to finish his story in a better way but there it is.
Ever since the conclusion of Ichigo vs. Aizen, I've felt that the series is going to end with Ichigo basically being given the option to remake the world according to his will. That's what Aizen and Bach have each been aiming to do, anyway.

Top Bottom