• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Ichigo's still missing some DNA if he wants to be a true chimera of everything in existence.

Hell still hasn't made an appearance in the manga, Ichigo still has to be revealed to be part "whatever the fuck lives in hell".

Astral

Ichigo's still missing some DNA if he wants to be a true chimera of everything in existence.

Hell still hasn't made an appearance in the manga, Ichigo still has to be revealed to be part "whatever the fuck lives in hell".

I think Hell Verse is all we're gonna get when it comes to hell.

Ever since the conclusion of Ichigo vs. Aizen, I've felt that the series is going to end with Ichigo basically being given the option to remake the world according to his will. That's what Aizen and Bach have each been aiming to do, anyway.

Does everyone explode into a puddle of orange tang while komm süsser tod plays in the background, first?

LordCanti

So the Soul King's limbs are out there somewhere and putting him back together is going to be the solution to this problem. Got it.

I think Hell Verse is all we're gonna get when it comes to hell.

Probably. One of the many things on the "Wow, this never went anywhere" heap.

Yado

Why do I have this worrying suspicion that Bleach is going to have the lamest cop out ending ever ? I mean, naruto went all breakfast club and logically wrapped up all of it's convoluted absurd plotlines in some fashion but where do you end something like bleach ?

I just feel like when all the fighting is said and done, Ichigo will meet god and time will be reset to the faithful night when ichigo first obtained powers from Rukia , only this time Aizen and all of his wrong doing will be erased , Ichigos mom will be alive again and everyone will be in some perfect personal reality.

Basically "it was a dream all along". I'm not sure why I have so little faith in Kubo-san to finish his story in a better way but there it is.

Ichigo doesn't have any personal aspirations other than "protect my friends" so the plot has just been shifting aimlessly. I don't think Bleach even needs a conclusion. Wrap up this last battle, show the characters rebuilding SS and returning to some sense of normalcy and end it there.

LordCanti

Ichigo doesn't have any personal aspirations other than "protect my friends" so the plot has just been shifting aimlessly. I don't think Bleach even needs a conclusion. Wrap up this last battle, show the characters rebuilding SS and returning to some sense of normalcy and end it there.

It has to end with Ichigo losing the tournament to become the next Soul King, but promising to train hard and compete the next time the tournament rolls around.

Corgi

Banned
Exodia_the_Forbidden_One_by_SSJGarfield.jpg

LordCanti

So the Soul King wasn't an actual person but just a MacGuffin? Weird. Sorry, haven't been following this in forever and just caught wind "shit was happening" so I looked around.

We don't know what he is or isn't yet. All we really know is that things started shaking when he got cut in half, and maybe that his arm goes about the countryside saving people in exchange for their organs. Or something.

*ded*

The point is that he seemingly didn't even try. He just... watched.

Bull! He was yelling at them but they did not hear him because they were under Aizen´s hypnosis. But it´s ok just continue shitting on Bleach.

And FYI Aizen´s dialogue is the best in Shonen bare none.

His superpower was to have a lot of illogical shit get hand waved away by 'it was the hypnosis.' Writing!

Except the fact that everything is logical and explainable.

Don't worry, Kubo will waste all this goodwill by cutting back to non-Aizen items for the next 30 chapters. This was just a taste, a reminder that Shunsui's talking to him for some reason. We'll find out why in September.
With the consistency of the chapters lately, we will see Aizen next week.

It's a matter of relativity. He's the best Bleach can pull out right now.
Bleach has been great since the beginning of this. It´s the best shonen manga by far right next to HXH.

Why do I have this worrying suspicion that Bleach is going to have the lamest cop out ending ever ? I mean, naruto went all breakfast club and logically wrapped up all of it's convoluted absurd plotlines in some fashion but where do you end something like bleach ?

I just feel like when all the fighting is said and done, Ichigo will meet god and time will be reset to the faithful night when ichigo first obtained powers from Rukia , only this time Aizen and all of his wrong doing will be erased , Ichigos mom will be alive again and everyone will be in some perfect personal reality.

Basically "it was a dream all along". I'm not sure why I have so little faith in Kubo-san to finish his story in a better way but there it is.
Lol seriously? Naruto jumped the shark many times with retcon after retcon.

Chariot

Bleach has been great since the beginning of this. It´s the best shonen manga by far right next to HXH.
Oh boy.

Shounen manga that are better tan Bleach:

• Full Metal Alchemist
  • Gintama
  • One Piece
  • Psyren
  • Negima!
  • Shokugeki no Soma
  • Busou Renkin
  • Magi
  • Kekkaishi
  • Akame Ga Kill
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

And those are only some I know and read and the ones that involve battles. Shounen is bigger than Shounen manga and stuff like Koe no Katachi or Nozaki-kun would crush Bleach in seconds. There are probably dozens more out there that are better than Bleach.

Bleach had a time where it was certainly enjoyable. I loved the Soul Society Arc. But when Hueco Mundo hit, it became bland, not to mention stupid. And as the manga went on, it rolled down a mountain.

Bleach is awesome in anime form, not Manga, when they were the big 3, Bleach anime was always [IMO] the best of the 3, the anime directors did a great job at making Kubo shit writing look good on screen...

Bleach is awesome in anime form, not Manga, when they were the big 3, Bleach anime was always [IMO] the best of the 3, the anime directors did a great job at making Kubo shit writing look good on screen...
This so much this. I was never a big manga reader, but decided to start bleach when I found out it was the last arc. I dropped it a couple months ago when mayouri (I know I most likely misspelled it) was fighting zombie toshiro.

I decided that If they do go ahead and animate this arc, I'll just watch it. Can't stand the manga.

Meanwhile, the anime has always been pretty good. The battle of karakura town in particular was great in animated form.

Aad

This was Aizens plan all along, get the soul king killed. Have the captains come to him for help and release him.

Linkark07

Banned
Great. Finally Aizen will return. He is the villain Bleach deserves.

People are praising Aizen's trolling but Shuu-chan trolling Ichigo was also first class.

How can all of you forget Shuu-chan? Without him, Ichigo wouldn't have saved Rukia.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
People are unironically reading Bleach manga, anticipating new mainline Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid games, Iraq is in some serious shit, Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to appear in a new Terminator film despite arguably being too old for the part, and politically next year is a big one for Bush.

Time warp to 2003 confirmed. All according to Aizen's keikaku.

No, just no. Bleach isn't even allowed to dream to be in the same League as HxH. Of all running Jump-Mangas One Piece is the closest and even OP is still at least one League below HxH.

Bleach has overstayed it's welcome a looong Time ago. You need to be a Fan of the Series to enjoy whats still happening, everyone else will just stop paying attention, and this is what the weekly rankings reflect.

in all honesty if you're talking about scale wise and pacing/world building Toriko is closer to HXH then OP is

OP new world for a better world is disappointing world building wise..... a ton better then Bleach but I don't see the difference that the new world has that East Blue, etc... didn't have other then more powerful people

Oh boy.

Shounen manga that are better tan Bleach:

• Full Metal Alchemist
  • Gintama
  • One Piece
  • Psyren
  • Negima!
  • Shokugeki no Soma
  • Busou Renkin
  • Magi
  • Kekkaishi
  • Akame Ga Kill
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

And those are only some I know and read and the ones that involve battles. Shounen is bigger than Shounen manga and stuff like Koe no Katachi or Nozaki-kun would crush Bleach in seconds. There are probably dozens more out there that are better than Bleach.

Bleach had a time where it was certainly enjoyable. I loved the Soul Society Arc. But when Hueco Mundo hit, it became bland, not to mention stupid. And as the manga went on, it rolled down a mountain.
None of these manga compare to Bleach. Bleach is so much better it´s on another level. Like really? Soma? Negima? One piece? Psyren? Gintama? etc... LMAO.
It´s true.
What year is this? 2005?
Derp.
This is some next level delusional stanning.

Edit: Or bad taste, we have to respect everyone's bad taste.

I´m am not delusional and i have a much better taste than you.

Lol, the anime is good because the manga is good.
in all honesty if you're talking about scale wise and pacing/world building Toriko is closer to HXH then OP is

OP new world for a better world is disappointing world building wise..... a ton better then Bleach but I don't see the difference that the new world has that East Blue, etc... didn't have other then more powerful people
Bleach was never about world building. Characters and character development Bleach eviscerates both Toriko and one piece by a mile.

Welfare

There is that one island with continuous lighting strikes. We're only 2 islands into the new world. It'll get more diverse.

Wow this thread exploded with this chapter

How many more months do you expect of Bleach before it ends..... I am guessing somewhere around December

There is that one island with continuous lighting strikes. We're only 2 islands into the new world. It'll get more diverse.

I hope so we've been stuck on Dressrossa for so long

Plus I've been spoiled by Toriko's Gourmet world weather and HXH info on the Black Continent so infinite lightning is laughable and uncreative..... heck the older arcs had more imaginative things

DeadTsar

None of these manga compare to Bleach. Bleach is so much better it´s on another level. Like really? Soma? Negima? One piece? Psyren? Gintama? etc... LMAO.

It´s true.

Derp.

I´m am not delusional and i have a much better taste than you.

Lol, the anime is good because the manga is good.

Anyone care to second this opinion?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

You (and other people) need to quit this shtick wherein you argue about which manga are better than other manga as if your opinions are in any way factual. "One Piece is better, no Bleach is better." It's so fucking inane. This list-war stuff is embarrassing, as if saying the name of a manga is an argument. Let people like what they like and get over it.

Corgi

Banned
People are unironically reading Bleach manga, anticipating new mainline Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid games, Iraq is in some serious shit, Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to appear in a new Terminator film despite arguably being too old for the part, and politically next year is a big one for Bush.

Time warp to 2003 confirmed. All according to Aizen's keikaku.

idk about that.

think most here are just reading it for the funsies. Or at least I am.

One should never give more of a fuck about a game/manga/anime etc than the creators.

Top Bottom