• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

"It's because I'm a Quincy".

ISHIDA, Uryuu. 2015.

Kubo has no idea what to do with Yhwach's motives. And Ichigo is looking so weak...

And why does Ywach all of a sudden want to absorb the soul king? Doesn't he hate the guy? Maybe he wants to take his power and build his own little Quincy world. Anyways, lame chapter.
When Ukitake did that hand trick, it prevented the destruction of the Soul King. Yhwach was trying to get rid of it but since he couldn't do it, now he's trying to absorb it. At least that's what I understood.

Won

This story is in a weird limbo state right now. If it wasn't Bleach I would say Kubo has some writer blockage at the moment. But it is Bleach, so.......lol.

Parshias7

This manga sucks.

I look back at the beginning of this series, remember picking up the first volume at a bookstore and absolutely loving it. It was like some action mixed with ghost stories and there was cool character moments and it was amazing! Then they went to Soul Society and it was more standard shonen, but hey man, it was still pretty good! And its been all downhill from there.

Kubo managed the impossible during this arc: he made a shitty Kenpachi fight. How do you fuck that up?

Everything involving Ichigo has been totally mishandled this arc. There's a pretty standard shonen trope where the main character does some training, gets a power up, then shows up at the last second to save the day and finds some scrub opponent to show off his new moves on before moving on to the final boss. Its the moment that gets all the fans pumped up so that they know the real final fight is gonna be amazing. Let's look at what Ichigo has done
SPOILERS: jack shit
since he finished his training.

-He shows up to Soul Society just when things look their bleakest, to save Kenpachi from getting killed by those four who-gives-a-shit mook girls. Clearly a nice warm up to show off before the final confrontation. What does Ichigo do? Nothing. He dodges/blocks a couple attacks, is like "sup Ken LOL" and then peaces out. Kubo already puts like 3 pages worth of actual content in a weekly chapter, I don't need him drawing even more fucking filler.

-Confronts Ywhsalk;jfdas;lgh. We had to wait for Ichigo to run down Snake Road for this fight so it'd better be good. Except oh whoops, the bad guys just leaves. Now Ichigo has to run all the fuck way back UP Snake Road to try and fight him.

-Now we have a musical interlude while the Zero Division does things. They fight enemies we had never seen before, and mostly just stand around being smug at each other, as is the Bleach fight tradition. Except for the dude with sunglasses who is the only one who knows how to fight because he just straight up stabs people rather than competing in a smug-off. They all die because they're not the main character. NEXT.

-OK, now Ichigo is finally here. Final fight? Nah. Ichigo destroys the world because fuck you I ain't gotta explain shit. Then he gets knocked off a platform. Hey, look! More nameless guys we have never seen before and don't care about so that Chad and Inoe have something to do!

-None of this will actually matter because 45 chapters from now (that's 7 normal manga chapters worth of content for those keeping score at home) Aizen will show up and have his own chapter of just 22 pages of him standing there being super fucking smug against a white background and then the manga will end. Oh and Yoruichi's sibling will be there, because obviously we needed to introduce some new fucking character who won't do anything right at the end of this stupid fucking manga.

But hey, remember volume 1? That was cool.

NexusCell

I don't get why people who don't like Bleach now are still reading it. I gave up years ago, and if I want to know what happens, I'll just read it off a wiki or something.

Parshias7

I don't get why people who don't like Bleach now are still reading it. I gave up years ago, and if I want to know what happens, I'll just read it off a wiki or something.

There comes a point where you've spent enough time reading this stuff that you want to see how it ends. Plus Kubo writes so little you can read a new chapter in like 2 minutes, tops. I probably spent significantly more time writing that post than I did reading this week's chapter. Hardly anything every happens.

Ventara

Edit: Btw, are the guys from Squad Zero dead? I mean, I can't imagine the quincies sparing their lives. And are Chad and Orihime supposed to be stronger than Squad Zero? Because I don't see how else they can help.

"It's because I'm a Quincy".

ISHIDA, Uryuu. 2015.

Kubo has no idea what to do with Yhwach's motives. And Ichigo is looking so weak...

When Ukitake did that hand trick, it prevented the destruction of the Soul King. Yhwach was trying to get rid of it but since he couldn't do it, now he's trying to absorb it. At least that's what I understood.

Ah okay. I guess that makes sense, though it looked like he'd already pretty much ripped it to shreds.

You said it wrong.

"It's because...

*insert "deep" eye shot*

i'm a quincy"

4deep6me

lol, I'm eating chili and some of it just shot up my nose.

Kain

Another pointless chapter. Does Kubo have the balls to pull a "Let's spend 50 filler chapters of the hero climbing his way up to where the bad guys are?". My guess is yes, he has become that bad of an author.

Ishida lol with his obvious future betrayal, but what baffles me is that the rest of the characters are retarded. Sure, Ichigo has never been the brightest kid, but oh my god it's so obvious it hurts, him yelling at Ishida and all. It's frustrating when the writer treats the audience like they are dumb little kids.

Astral

Did Uryu just drop them? Am I missing something here? Ichigo can FLY. Orihime can use her powers to make a flying platform so how the fuck does dropping them do anything? Why is Yhwach content with him just dropping them? I would slap this dumbass for not simply shooting them to death.

Mr Git

Habit. It used to be a thing to read after Naruto but even now it's habit and it is occasionally good.

I rolled my eyes at Ywach getting another upgrade. Were Ichigo's friends only included to give rationale to them all falling and another delay happening? Ichigo and Yoruichi could just.. fly. Oh well, more next week. At least Shingeki is good again.

Mesoian

Is the end game of this arc really going to be Ishida tricking Ywatch into becoming the new soul king, thus re-imprisoning himself because he was too powerful?

Why change his plan now? What is there to gain when everything will be destroyed anyway? This is fucking stupid.

LordCanti

"Imma destroy Soul Society"

"lol JK, Imma be the new Soul King"

Man he had one goal and at least it was clear. Now he's just doing whatever.

Edit: Btw, are the guys from Squad Zero dead? I mean, I can't imagine the quincies sparing their lives. And are Chad and Orihime supposed to be stronger than Squad Zero? Because I don't see how else they can help.
Chad's powers are based on Hollow powers, and Hollows are diametrically opposed to the Quincy, so they do more damage per hit or whatever. Bount can probably beat these guys, too, by just sucking up all the spirit particles.

Orihime's power is supposed to be the strongest in the series--just weaker than everyone else who's stronger than her (thanks, Kubo). Whatever she says, goes, supposedly.

I will respect Kubo if Ishida stays a villain and Aizen becomes the hero and saviour (all part of his long game).

You and I

There is a moment when a shonen becomes really bad that it keeps the reader entertained just with its absurd plot. This is happening with Bleach for a while.

Nah, let's keep it real: all of you enjoy this shitshow on some level.

It's easy to drop a series like this by simply not clicking on a new chapter.

Chariot

Of course I enjoy it because Kubo entered so bad it's good territory some time ago and it's fun to make fun of it's stupidness and see others making fun of it. But that doesn't have to keep me from knwoing and stating that it's bad. Because it's bad.

Of course I enjoy it because Kubo entered so bad it's good territory some time ago and it's fun to make fun of it's stupidness and see others making fun of it. But that doesn't have to keep me from knwoing and stating that it's bad. Because it's bad.
Yup. I enjoy what's going on even if it's bad. Like I said, it's some how entertaining. That's how I reached Naruto's ending.

kmax

It's schadenfreude more than anything else. It's like watching fail videos on YouTube.

You come for the spectacular fails, and you leave entertained with how bad it is.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

I've realized I don't even care about reading the manga itself anymore. I just get my Bleach entertainment by reading the reactions on this thread. I don't need to read the manga itself because there's nothing in there that I don't learn just from this thread.

Kuro

This is pretty much what I'm doing at this point. Its so sad to see a series I grew up with turn out this way. I only keep tabs to find out if
IchiRuki
ever happens lol. The series would have been much better if it focused on Rukia after Soul Society.

This is pretty much what I'm doing at this point. Its so sad to see a series I grew up with turn out this way. I only keep tabs to find out if
IchiRuki
ever happens lol. The series would have been much better if it focused on Rukia after Soul Society.

Speaking of which... what a downhill from Rukia... she was almost a co-protagonist at the beginning.

LordCanti

Maybe his real name is Ya Whatever.

His name is actually read as "Ja, was" which means "Yeah, what" in german.

His name means "He who does the thing Aizen was trying to do years ago, except in a less cool way that annoys everyone"

It's schadenfreude more than anything else. It's like watching fail videos on YouTube.

You come for the spectacular fails, and you leave entertained with how bad it is.

For sure

There is a chance now that Kubo can stretch this even farther.... not only does Ichigo and co need to return back to the soul palace but there is also now a added bonus of finding all the soul king parts

if Kubo plans this out we can see multiple chapter of them searching throughout the world for those Soul parts...... spanning the series for a whole... no two whole YEARS!

Bleach still makes money in it's volume sales so I imagine if Kubo wants to keep going Jump is gonna let him keep going while they groom up the next generation to become mega hits.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This series is unbelievable.. I loved it for a good while but this thing has gone off the deep end lol.

The fuck is this story?

Jarnet87

There is a chance now that Kubo can stretch this even farther.... not only does Ichigo and co need to return back to the soul palace but there is also now a added bonus of finding all the soul king parts

if Kubo plans this out we can see multiple chapter of them searching throughout the world for those Soul parts...... spanning the series for a whole... no two whole YEARS!

will they get a wish when they bring all the parts together?

Hystzen

Ywach is obviously thinking fuck it I will become soul king because he can't kill the bastard. He tried in this chapter and it latched onto him so why not think fuck it lets become God and shape the world in my image instead.

Of course this now sets up Ywach getting weaker because the soul king messes with his power from inside.

Ywach is obviously thinking fuck it I will become soul king because he can't kill the bastard. He tried in this chapter and it latched onto him so why not think fuck it lets become God and shape the world in my image instead.

Of course this now sets up Ywach getting weaker because the soul king messes with his power from inside.

Seriously, does anybody here knows why Yhwach is trying to do this shit with the Soul King? Just for revenge? I could have missed something. For a moment I thought Ishida would finally answer that but instead he said that epic line.

Neidii

Because I want to see how it ends, and laugh at how bad every chapter is these days

There comes a point where you've spent enough time reading this stuff that you want to see how it ends. Plus Kubo writes so little you can read a new chapter in like 2 minutes, tops. I probably spent significantly more time writing that post than I did reading this week's chapter. Hardly anything every happens.

That really is it. I just want to see the end at this point, I've been reading it for so long and got invested in it so much that I feel I just need to see it through now. But godfuckingdammit is it hard. Like, things got bad in the Hueco Mundo arc and all that, but it was still doable. But this fucking arc, holy shit is it bad. I've never seen a manga go sour like this before. I've seen em turn bad, I've seen em disappoint, but this is a whole new level of shit. And it's such a fucking pity because it really did have a shitload of potential.

Top Bottom