• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

What's SJ's plan, though? Do they have the material for another "big 3" among their series?

My Hero Academy seems like it's prime to explode if it's anime series is done really well. Assassination Classroom and Shokugeki no Soma have also done very well with Ass Class having a current anime airing and Soma getting one next month.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The Ishida conflict would be more interesting if not for the facts that:

• This is a battle shonen which means the FRIEND BETRAYAL is just a "clever ruse"
  • Ishida has the same motivation as Ichigo for hating Bach: his mom was murdered
  • He has a crush on Orihime, and wouldn't want to kill her
  • He actually likes the real world and has family and friends there
  • His Dad exists and would woop him if he really went vengeful Quincy
  • Ishida has half a brain and realizes that the end game is for Bach to betray him anyway
  • Bach is offering Ishida nothing to be on his side... except the ability to be an inside man and later betray him. He has no other motivation to be with Bach otherwise.
  • This is a SHONEN

Which just makes this all an exercise of tedium as we wait for the inevitable failed betrayal and the reveal that Ishida was working with TEAM GOOD all along. Bonus points if Ichigo and Ishida's dads were in on it the whole time.

Chariot

What's SJ's plan, though? Do they have the material for another "big 3" among their series?
Bleach sells a lot less than Assassination Classroom and Haikyuu individually, despite both series being a lot younger than it and it's always behind in the WSJ rankings. Bleach lost a lot of it's fanbase, it's not worth much anymore (obviously enough to keep it running, but still talking about the "top three" is silly). WSJ is very fine without Bleach.

Wooow this manga man. What is going on? Like really, this is sooooo bad. How can this be a general consensus?
So is Ichigo going to fall back to SS to be trained by Super Aizen? Or will the Urahara catch them from falling?

Sheesh no excitement for this.

Of course I enjoy it because Kubo entered so bad it's good territory some time ago and it's fun to make fun of it's stupidness and see others making fun of it. But that doesn't have to keep me from knwoing and stating that it's bad. Because it's bad.

Only Aizen is "so bad it's good".

Chariot

lol just got this ad on GAF:

NG5qWsP.png

So have we seen Urahara's bankai yet? Has Yoruichi stopped being a bitch and finally used her sword? Has anybody other than Ichigo actually accomplished anything at all?

ReiGun

So have we seen Urahara's bankai yet? Has Yoruichi stopped being a bitch and finally used her sword? Has anybody other than Ichigo actually accomplished anything at all?

No. No. And no. Also, Ichigo has barely accomplished anything.

On the plus side, Aizen is back.

Did they ever explain the zombie shit? Like are they really not dead or are they dead or are they kinda dead? The whole thing made no sense.

Well sounds like a total waste to catch up then. I have no idea what the logic Kubo still has for not having literally everybody use their bankai yet. It's the end game, there's no time left, just show it even if it's for like 2 panels just so people stop bitching about it.

It's obviously not gonna happen though which is dumb.

Ventara

I have a question; how would YOU turn this manga around, assuming you were in Kubo's position? Just want to read some interesting ways this arc might unfold.

I have no imagination, so I have no ideas, except maybe if Ichigo actually fell all the way back to Soul Society. And died. Like completely mushed; no way to come back. I'd find that funny and would be a very interesting twist.

I'm pretty sure they're dead.

So that ice captain is dead? Man, Kubo has really screwed up this arc. He killed half the likeable characters and replaced them with some unknowns x10.

Kain

There is no way Hitsugaya is dead, he ranks too high in popularity polls.

Things to do to fix the mess the manga is now:

Promote Aizen to main character with his trolling intact

Get rid of Ichigo and friends

Make Urahara do actually something (he is boring when he doesn't know what's going on)

Get rid of all the Quincies

So basically let Aizen destroy the world with a smile in his face.

I have a question; how would YOU turn this manga around, assuming you were in Kubo's position? Just want to read some interesting ways this arc might unfold.

1. Kill Ichigo and Hitsugaya

2. Promote Aizen as the new protagonist.

3. Bring back Grimmjow

4. Show Zaraki's bankai

5. Show Urahara's bankai

6. Show Yoruichi's shikai and bankai

7. Show Kyouraku's bankai

8. Show Ukitake's bankai

9. Show Shinji's bankai

10. Bring Kon as the new Ichigo

11. More Keigo time, please

Welfare

They're not dead. The red hue is due to the level of blood needed to make them controllable. They'll be fine. But hopefully they're out for the count, because they all suck.

I guess I wanted them dead :p

Once this series ends in forever, I have to reread this arc.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, I mean Kensei and Rose may be gone since they were in a pretty bad way before they were turned.
I can't believe some of the Vizard captains were killed off. They were already replacement captains!

It's weird. As a group, they have legitimately done nothing but job.

And yet they were supposed to be more powerful than all the others.

It makes 0 sense but that's how Kubo writes. "Oh shit this guy is too powerful I wrote myself into a corner, well better kill him for no reason!"

The Vizard's have done nothing, absolutely nothing, and it's so weird.

And yet they were supposed to be more powerful than all the others.

It makes 0 sense but that's how Kubo writes. "Oh shit this guy is too powerful I wrote myself into a corner, well better kill him for no reason!"

The Vizard's have done nothing, absolutely nothing, and it's so weird.
No they are not supposed to be more powerful than the others. They are more powerful than some captains as shown in Fake Karakura arc, especially Hacchi. There was zero mention that the vizards are more powerful than the captains especially ones like Yamamoto, Shunsui Kenpachi, Byakuya and more. The matter of the fact you misrepresent what Kubo has written has nothing to do with him and everything to do with you.

No they are not supposed to be more powerful than the others. They are more powerful than some captains as shown in Fake Karakura arc, especially Hacchi. There was zero mention that the vizards are more powerful than the captains especially ones like Yamamoto, Shunsui Kenpachi, Byakuya and more. The matter of the fact you misrepresent what Kubo has written has nothing to do with him and everything to do with you.

Aren't you buttmad that I mentioned something wrong in a Shounen series with inconsistent writing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Whoa, what's with the hostility?

They might not be more powerful, but they're still at the same level as the others.

Aren't you buttmad that I mentioned something wrong in a Shounen series with inconsistent writing.
No because there's no inconsistency in the writing with regards to the vizards.
Whoa, what's with the hostility?

They might not be more powerful, but they're still at the same level as the others.
No they are not at the same level. It's not mentioned anywhere that they are. Actually it was specifically mentioned that senior captains are very powerful, Kenpachi is a monster, and Byakuya is from a noble family, Not to mention captains like Urahara and Mayuri with their hax science. The only vizard with a lot of weight behind his powers is Hacchi.

Lulubop

I can't believe how big a jobbers Kubo made the Vizards. Even Shinji. Kensei and Rose vs Mask was the worst. I really like Kensei, fuck you Kubo.

How many times have you been banned for getting super butt hurt over this shit manga?

As a base power sure, they're not as strong, but again that's not the point. The point is that they have a trump card which makes them exponentially more powerful. That's constantly both downgraded and cast aside by Kubo. The point is that they have another level to hit that gives them an edge. Or it's supposed too.

SolVanderlyn

No because there's no inconsistency in the writing with regards to the vizards.

No they are not at the same level. It's not mentioned anywhere that they are. Actually it was specifically mentioned that senior captains are very powerful, Kenpachi is a monster, and Byakuya is from a noble family, Not to mention captains like Urahara and Mayuri with their hax science. The only vizard with a lot of weight behind his powers is Hacchi.
But the Vizard captains are more senior than most of the current captains...

I can't believe how big a jobbers Kubo made the Vizards. Even Shinji. Kensei and Rose vs Mask was the worst. I really like Kensei, fuck you Kubo.

How many times have you been banned for getting super butt hurt over this shit manga?
Oh look a person is butthurt because his favorite characters did not do much.

Since Bleach is the best currently running manga in Shonen, there's nothing to be butthurt about. You seem butthurt because Bleach is much better than your favorite manga.
But the Vizard captains are more senior than most of the current captains...
Not true. Rose was just promoted to captain before they became a vizard. And the senior captains are Shinsui, Ukitake and Unohana. They have been captains the longest, of course besides Yamamoto. We have never seen the vizards using bankai with their masks because they can't. Ichigo was the only one who could do due to him being born with SHINIGAMI and hollow powers.

Lulubop

It's really not.

Ironically enough, DBZ is probably the only Shounen with power levels, while ridiculous, it's extremely straightforward with few, if any variables.

Examples of other shounen then? I'd really like to know?

And yea, how awful Kubo's writing been after the SS arc has been pretty frustrating. Though you always get super defensive when someone brings it up.

Oh look a person is butthurt because his favorite characters did not do much.

Since Bleach is the best currently running manga in Shonen, there's nothing to be butthurt about. You seem butthurt because Bleach is much better than your favorite manga.

Well my favorite Manga is One Piece and I feel confident in saying it's better.

Also Haikyuu, Diamond no Ace, Fairy Tail, Log Horizon, and HxH are all better. And these are just the big name ones. I could name a bunch that are better than Bleach right now. And this is coming from someone that used to read Bleach every single week, religiously.

Well my favorite Manga is One Piece and I feel confident in saying it's better.

Also Haikyuu, Diamond no Ace, Fairy Tail, Log Horizon, and HxH are all better. And these are just the big name ones. I could name a bunch that are better than Bleach right now. And this is coming from someone that used to read Bleach every single week, religiously.
It's funny how one piece is your favorite and you talk about writing inconsistencies.

And none of the manga that you mentioned is half as good as Bleach except HXH which is as good as Bleach. Haikyuu is pretty good.

It's funny how one piece is your favorite and you talk about writing inconsistencies.

And none of the manga that you mentioned is half as good as Bleach except HXH which is as good as Bleach. Haikyuu is pretty good.

Where are the inconsistencies in One Piece? It's always consistent writing. The art is a hot mess but the writing always keeps people's power at the same relative level.

Can't wait to see Ryuuken in action, hopefully soon.

Where are the inconsistencies in One Piece? It's always consistent writing. The art is a hot mess but the writing always keeps people's power at the same relative level.
This is not the thread for it but for one one piece had a rule about one devil fruit per person and then came Blackbeard and got two. it broke its own universe rules. Not to mention the unexplainable power ups that the Straw Hats usually get without an explanation.

This is not the thread for it but for one one piece had a rule about one devil fruit per person and then came Blackbeard and got two. it broke its own universe rules. Not to mention the unexplainable power ups that the Straw Hats usually get without an explanation.

Blackbeard getting two is a plot point. It's supposed to be a mystery that's the entire point of it. And they always have an explanation for the power ups, Luffy used his rubber to blood dope himself and inflate his bones, Haki is a universal thing. Name one of the unexplained power boosts.

Astral

Blackbeard eating two fruits is something that simply hasn't been explained yet and there are even a few interesting theories as to why he was able to eat two fruits. There's a reason the other characters were surprised when he did it. It's not something that's supposed to happen. Oda has shown that he thinks ahead at least for the most part. Kubo seems to get stuff out of his ass. I think this arc actually started out really good, but ever since Yamamoto died, it's been downhill save the part where Ichigo and the others start recovering with Squad Zero. I even went back and re-read the arc from the beginning to see if the problem was with how short the chapters were but that didn't help. The fights just haven't been very exciting and the writing is just awful.

Isshin needs to arrive, hopefully soon.

Blackbeard getting two is a plot point. It's supposed to be a mystery that's the entire point of it. And they always have an explanation for the power ups, Luffy used his rubber to blood dope himself and inflate his bones, Haki is a universal thing. Name one of the unexplained power boosts.
Waiting for an explanation is not an excuse. After 16 years we still don't know much about devil fruit and that is one of the big pillars of the manga, and not explaining it after all this time is really bad writing. Gears is only explained by that Luffy saw sour and copied it. We did not see how Luffy thought of it. Not to mention every asspull Zorro and Sanji's pulled in their fights. Zora pulled that Asura thing out of the ass against Zebra guy of CP9. And Sanji's flaming leg came out of no where. Not to mention Oda's inconsistency in writing good women characters in the manga.

Blackbeard eating two fruits is something that simply hasn't been explained yet and there are even a few interesting theories as to why he was able to eat two fruits. There's a reason the other characters were surprised when he did it. It's not something that's supposed to happen. Oda has shown that he thinks ahead at least for the most part. Kubo seems to get stuff out of his ass. I think this arc actually started out really good, but ever since Yamamoto died, it's been downhill save the part where Ichigo and the others start recovering with Squad Zero. I even went back and re-read the arc from the beginning to see if the problem was with how short the chapters were but that didn't help. The fights just haven't been very exciting and the writing is just awful.
Wait for the explanation is a bad excuse for crappy writing.

Kubo did not pull anything out of the ass. It's all being explained. Juha Bach vs. Ichibei is an amazing fight, Yamamoto, Masculine, Byakuya getting by his fear. Plenty of enjoyable fights. There were some bad fights like Hitsugaya vs. Kang Du. Fyi you not liking something does not mean it's bad writing.

That's really off topic so .....

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

It's pretty clear there's no actually talking to you. Also it's not OT, you started the discussion by saying Bleach is the best written. People offered counter points. You're answering them basically by going "nuh uh".

They do explain the gears. They explicitly state how they work and why. They explain his Azura (a technique he hasn't used since) as an extension of his will. It was basically early Haki manifestation. Sanji's flaming leg was explained through him spinning, it generates the heat in his foot. It's all pretty simple stuff.

Ryuuken is just going to job for someone.

Squad 0/Imiya all over again.

Top Bottom