• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Y'all are pissing off the lord and saviour...

cx4CpdP.gif

Quit it before he gets really mad...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bach is going to end up being Aizen or some weird shit like that. It doesn't have to make sense in this series anymore.

Chariot

With enough Batman will figure out a way to not be defeated by Aizen easily - by running away where Aizen won't bother to follow him.

Ennosuke

I was once a huge Bleach fan, but after the Aizen Arc everything sucked. I´ve read about 25 chapters in the last hour and finally I am up to date again. I still don´t like it, but damn Aizen-sama is GOAT.

Trey

Everything surrounding this Aizen return so far only solidifies my reasoning for leaving this manga in the first place.

Wow, I legitimately thought Shunsui was going to step in, use his Bankai, and rid of these depowered fools for eternity.

Speaking of which, how in the FUCK do any of the Stern Ritter still have their powers, seemingly in their entirety, as well? Their strength was completely drained by Auschwälen, how are they not useless by this point? Isn't that how Masaki and Uryū's mom perished? The former became helpless and died to a fodder Hollow, the latter fell unconscious and died three months later. And finally, why do they seriously think they can bring down Yhwach? The dude has control OVER EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF YOU. The moment they step into the Royal Realm, they get their powers sapped. Again.

Bringing these clowns back makes no goddamn sense and only serves to clutter up the manga even more. Not to mention he chose to resurrect the Lilotto and Zombie Girl, aka some of the most terribly written and designed antagonists in the history of shōnen.

Mendrox

Wow, I legitimately thought Shunsui was going to step in, use his Bankai, and rid of these depowered fools for eternity.

Speaking of which, how in the FUCK do any of the Stern Ritter still have their powers, seemingly in their entirety, as well? Their strength was completely drained by Auschwälen, how are they not useless by this point? Isn't that how Masaki and Uryū's mom perished? The former became helpless and died to a fodder Hollow, the latter fell unconscious and died three months later. And finally, why do they seriously think they can bring down Yhwach? The dude has control OVER EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF YOU. The moment they step into the Royal Realm, they get their powers sapped. Again.

Bringing these clowns back makes no goddamn sense and only serves to clutter up the manga even more. Not to mention he chose to resurrect the Lilotto and Zombie Girl, aka some of the most terribly written and designed antagonists in the history of shōnen.

More chapters... more money.

Ventara

So basically, a bunch of nobody's want in on beating Ywach. They'll become fodder and just prolong this whole thing. *sigh*

And is Ichigo still falling? lol

Dude, that won't happen for another 50 chapters, and you talk as if any of this is supposed to make sense.

Chariot

SBr4X3i.png

Jarnet87

Eeeeeeeeh who cares about these guys, Shunsui was about to do something...

I had a glimmer of hope we were gonna see his Bankai, but Kubo's love for filling panels with useless minor characters kicked in. Also trying to troll us/cap excitement for Aizen. BRB my science is strongar then ur ability.

Why would he use bankai against fodder? Anyways you people whine about everything. just admit you want no humor, no other characters, you just want ichigo to beat Yhwach and that's it. It's good that the only stern ritter worth a damn survived and defected.

LogicStep

He wouldn't need bankai to deal with them anyways. I like how this arc has been so far, better than all the shit that came after Aizen.

Why would he use bankai against fodder?

Assuming the post-Auschwälen Stern Ritter still retain their powers (which is apparently true according to this chapter, contradictory to other chapters as it is), there's no way these guys are just 'fodder'. Every single one of them survived having their powers drained, while Robert, a dude who toyed with Shikai Shunsui, died just getting hit by it.

In any case, if they're fodder NOW, that only serves to prove my point. What the hell can Kubo actually do with them? What's the point of reviving them? Is this going to drag on for another 50 chapters because of it? Fuck, it will be.

Anyways you people whine about everything. just admit you want no humor, no other characters, you just want ichigo to beat Yhwach and that's it. It's good that the only stern ritter worth a damn survived and defected

I didn't realize that hastily created garbage-tier characters like Lilotto and Zombie Girl (can't even remember her name) were 'worth a damn'. We don't even know Accutrone's fucking Schrift yet Kubo decides to stick with them instead.

Anyways, is that all you post? I swear every week you come in here to whine about how your precious Bleach is so heavily persecuted.

Hystzen

Mayuri schooling Aizen lol goddamn love that creepy bastard. Also it like people don't know Shunsui character by now he always gives enemies a chance to not fight first he did same with starrk. Him fighting is literally the last resort so no chance he would pop bankai for some beaten enemies who also got screwed over by there leader.

Brickhunt

Okay, so. Here is my theory on why these SR surived without accusing Kubo of hack writing:

We know that Uryu, a mixed blood, was targeted by Auswählen and survived without any consequence. His mom, also a mixed blood, was targeted, felt into a coma and died three months later. His grandmother, presumably a mixed blood by that mark on her leg, also perished from it. Whatever saved Uryu's life, must have came, at least, from Souken's bloodline. Regardless of him being pure blood or not. Otherwise, his mom or grandmother would have survived.

The Stern Ritters, presumably Pure Bloods, were targeted by Auswählen. Some died, like Robert, but many survived and kept their powers like in this chapter. Presumably, Robert is a veteran in Yhwach's army while people like Bass-B and the girls are newcomers. Unless Kubo is being really bad at writing, it's likely there is a genetic trait that allows a person to survive Auswählen, regardless of mixed blood or not

It's likely that Robert, by being an older Quincy, was from a time before this genetic trait developed, so he was victimized by it. Bazz-B and friends, for being from a new generation, probably inhered this trait, that may be shared with the Ishidas, and allowed them to resit Auswählen.

LOL @ Aizen getting phased by some half-dead, low-tier Sternritter. SS captains are truly bum-tier.
Aizen's fine. Look at his completely nonchalant expression. I doubt the attack affected him even a little bit.

Also, no way was Kyoraku going to need bankai to take on those scrubs. Again, look at his expression, and remember that he was ready to go toe-to-toe with Haschwalt (or whatever his name is. Sternritter B). This dude's been sandbagging so hard for the whole series, but I wouldn't be surprised even a little if he's actually Aizen's level or better in terms of actual power. It's telling that this is a guy who all the other captains, Kenpachi, Mayuri, Urahara, Yamamoto, Ukitake, Unohana, and even Aizen dare not fuck with; he's not going to break a sweat to swat down these rubbish if he wants to win.

I wonder if we'll ever see Isshin or Uryuu's dad again.

qcf x2

yeah i know it
the fire dude is the new grimmjow

Yep, that's half of the reason they were brought back. Fans want Grimmjow but it makes no sense to bring him back, dude couldn't touch Ichigo back when he was just spamming hollow mask + bankai + getsuga. It would be dumb to reintroduce him. Here, have Bazz B instead. Same dude, orange instead of blue, stronger.

The other half of the reason is whatever the Nanana dude said about Aizen's reiatsu. I'm 99% sure he basically just tipped Aizen off to how the chair/Muken restraint works, which is why Aizen is chilling until Shunsui and co depart. He will be free soon.

- I'm pretty pissed that they're going back to the dumb reiatsu gateway thing for the third time already.

- As for the dude saying Shunsui might be on Aizen's level, no way in terms of a level playing field. He is, however, likely to look that way in this arc. His bankai is almost undoubtedly broken in favor of dealing with quincies, and I'm willing to bet that this was his "hook" in the same sense that Ukitake had Mimihagi. Yamamoto picked those two for a reason: one to contain the Soul King's true power, and the other to destroy the quincies should Yhwach rise again. This is also the main reason that Shunsui was the easy successor to Yamamoto; only he has the bankai (and health) to deal with Yhwach.

When Shunsui fought Starrk, he mentioned that he would use his bankai "eventually," (which was his sneaky way of saying not in that particular fight) and Ukitake told him not to use it where everyone could see it. It's basically going to be a one-trick pony that decimates Quincies, but in a tier list of shinigami he's probably a level below pre-hogyoku Aizen, roughly the same as Yachiru Unohana.

- who are the other immortals in Muken?

- lol @ dead fodder coming back but Toshiro is still gone. If he stays dead then Kubo is the man.

Mayuri the GOAT from the Gotei 13 lol

And I like Lilotto and Giselle, good to see them back. But yeah, I call bullshit in them still having their powers, although I think it's nice to have some quincys becoming allies.

Chapter wasn't great but good.

- As for the dude saying Shunsui might be on Aizen's level, no way in terms of a level playing field. He is, however, likely to look that way in this arc. His bankai is almost undoubtedly broken in favor of dealing with quincies, and I'm willing to bet that this was his "hook" in the same sense that Ukitake had Mimihagi. Yamamoto picked those two for a reason: one to contain the Soul King's true power, and the other to destroy the quincies should Yhwach rise again. This is also the main reason that Shunsui was the easy successor to Yamamoto; only he has the bankai (and health) to deal with Yhwach.

When Shunsui fought Starrk, he mentioned that he would use his bankai "eventually," (which was his sneaky way of saying not in that particular fight) and Ukitake told him not to use it where everyone could see it. It's basically going to be a one-trick pony that decimates Quincies, but in a tier list of shinigami he's probably a level below pre-hogyoku Aizen, roughly the same as Yachiru Unohana.
I disagree. Shunsui has been afraid of no one for the whole series, and even Aizen talks to him with respect. Look what happened when all the other captains were pissed he brought out Aizen. He told them to stfu, and then they did.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
We will never see Ukitake's bankai. :(

qcf x2

I disagree. Shunsui has been afraid of no one for the whole series, and even Aizen talks to him with respect. Look what happened when all the other captains were pissed he brought out Aizen. He told them to stfu, and then they did.

Didn't Aizen one-panel him along with all the rest of the captains in the FKT arc? Yes he did, chapter 392. Also, he teamed up with Ukitake to fight Starrk. He's good, but nothing to the gawd.

Aizen talks to just about everyone with respect, in a somewhat condescending, "I'm better than you but humoring you anyway" tone. The other captains fell back because what Shunsui said was true: they were gonna die anyway.

Didn't Aizen one-panel him along with all the rest of the captains in the FKT arc? Yes he did, chapter 392. Also, he teamed up with Ukitake to fight Starrk. He's good, but nothing to the gawd.

Aizen talks to just about everyone with respect, in a somewhat condescending, "I'm better than you but humoring you anyway" tone. The other captains fell back because what Shunsui said was true: they were gonna die anyway.
Oh, right. I forgot about that.

In fairness, though, Isshin also fucked Aizen up with the flick of his finger around then, too, and I wouldn't put him above Aizen in terms of power.

Then you have Yamamoto saying that that hasn't been a shinigami born in the last thousand years stronger than him, and I'm sure he was including Aizen in that assessment, but Yhwach destroyed him all the same.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I bailed on this manga during the Ichibei vs Ywhach fight. It just escalated into stupidity and outstupided itself with the constant "my broken hax counter is better than yours, your dead!". But I saw the thread title, the spike in thread activity, and my thoughts were "this can only mean one thing, Aizen-sama is back!". And now I'm back. Not gonna bother reading the chapters I missed. From what I can deduce, the Royal Guard and Soul King got fodderized in embarrassing fashion. Kubo sucks at making newly introduced characters lose with dignity.

Don't see how Aizen got owned at all. Nananana hey hey hey good bye was going for a headshot. Aizen tanked it so well Make em say ugh nananana shit his pants saying "Aizen is a monster". Just release Aizen already. He would solo the entire Quincys. Let him be Soul King. The last Soul King was a chump.

Ventara

Eh, I think comparing power levels at this point is useless. Kubo is gonna do what Kubo wants, regardless of story. I mean, there are some guys who were supposedly so strong but lost so easily in this manga.

Personally, though, I don't think we'll see anything from Shunsui. It's too late at this point for it to be relevant.

Hystzen

Then you have Yamamoto saying that that hasn't been a shinigami born in the last thousand years stronger than him, and I'm sure he was including Aizen in that assessment, but Yhwach destroyed him all the same.

Well he was correct no shinigsmi was strong as Ywach is a Quincy. Also Ywach needed a decoy to outplay Yamamoto due to how powerful he was

Top Bottom