• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Was wondering about that title change, lol.

At this point, I'm waiting for the series to conclude so I can just read it beginning to end; hopefully, it's better like that :p

kmax

No Aizen, No Party.

latest

jstripes

Banned
Wow! Awesome chapter! Aizen breaking down doors and casting Hado like it's nothing, all while strapped to a good-quality chair, which I think is stupid, but whatever, I'd rather have this than what the last few chapters had.

Seriously, why are all the other Captains so useless? Oh, and how did Aizen get stronger? He doesn't have the Hogyoku or anything else anymore. Meditation?

yZPn8bL.jpg

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Don't forget Aizen tricked YHVH too while strapped on his chair.

That was a mere time trick, this is fucking brutal.
-----
"All of Captain Aizen's abilities are quite different from everyone else's. Beware of his Kyōka Suigetsu? A useless precaution. Beware of his other abilities? Again, a useless precaution. Whether it's the sky falling, the earth splitting; even if you combined all your wits to take precautions for every misfortune, Captain Aizen's abilities are above all of that."

-Gin Ichimaru

--

hold on i just realized something.

the chair.

it's symbolic.

Aizen will be the new soul King.

he's already on his throne.

Or was aizen the soul king all along and all of this was a ruse to lure ... the quince king?

That was a mere time trick, this is fucking brutal.
-----
"All of Captain Aizen's abilities are quite different from everyone else's. Beware of his Kyōka Suigetsu? A useless precaution. Beware of his other abilities? Again, a useless precaution. Whether it's the sky falling, the earth splitting; even if you combined all your wits to take precautions for every misfortune, Captain Aizen's abilities are above all of that."

-Gin Ichimaru

--

Or was aizen the soul king all along and all of this was a ruse to lure ... the quince king?

but then....who was chair?

this is silly. Ichigo is part Chair of course.

After reading that chapter I just imagined Aizen entering the scene like a WWE wrestler with the first 20-30 seconds of Kanye's "Power" as his intro music.

Gotei 13 officially shook
giphy.gif

(found a better representation of the emotional range in the chapter)

Not a terrible chapter by Bleach's customarily sub-par standards, but I have to ask: where the fuck is Kenpachi? Surely if anyone should be depicted reacting to Aizen's insanely high reiatsu, it should be him.

And does anyone else find it strange that Aizen has been growing so much more powerful even whilst trapped in Muken in a chair? The Hōgyoku has to be responsible for his gradual ascension, no? Doesn't that contradict the entire idea of the Hōgyoku rejecting him as its master and whatnot?

Rebel Leader

Not a terrible chapter by Bleach's customarily sub-par standards, but I have to ask: where the fuck is Kenpachi? Surely if anyone should be depicted reacting to Aizen's insanely high reiatsu, it should be him.

And does anyone else find it strange that Aizen has been growing so much more powerful even whilst trapped in Muken in a chair? The Hōgyoku has to be responsible for his gradual ascension, no? Doesn't that contradict the entire idea of the Hōgyoku rejecting him as its master and whatnot?

As if we have to answer you non-believer.

jstripes

Banned
Holy fuck

Umm also, is it just me or did the soul king look like Aizen?

That's what I was just thinking.

Shave his eyebrows, gel his hair back even more (the hairline is the same), make his eyeballs weird, subdue his smirk, and you've got a quite a bit of similarity.

kmax

Trying to find logic in Bleach is like trying to find God in the universe.

Let's all just appreciate the return of the King.

This manga has gone into a complete and utter meltdown. Seriously, Aizen wreackin shop in a chair, that he is strapped down to. I have never seen that in anything, like, ever, seriously like, ever. Then Kisuke blows him and says he did a high level kido with no incantation whilst strap to a chair that's supposed to suppress his abilities.

Aizen = SSJ God?

Rebel Leader

White hair = Arm of soul king
Aizen = Mind and power of the soul king
Soul king = empty shell

along with CHEMICAL X

The senior captain flop is the worst. Vaizards, suck. Urahara, sucks. Kyouraku, runs to Aizen. Ukitake, weak ass vessel for a dumb plot point negated in like 5 issues. Unohana, jobber for Kenpachi.

Then we have the Royal Guard...

Just get Aizen out of the chair and send him, Kenpachi and Byakuya up. Tired of looking at the rest.

Jarnet87

fukking Kubo, this clown is still giving us whole pages in chapters of Ikkaku, Yumichika, etc, completely worthless characters to the story. hes thrown so many more important characters to the wayside.

The senior captain flop is the worst. Vaizards, suck. Urahara, sucks. Kyouraku, runs to Aizen. Ukitake, weak ass vessel for a dumb plot point negated in like 5 issues. Unohana, jobber for Kenpachi.

Then we have the Royal Guard...

Just get Aizen out of the chair and send him, Kenpachi and Byakuya up. Tired of looking at the rest.

It gets even worse when you realize once top-tier Captains like Shunsui and Ukitake have been reduced to near-fodder at this point. Renji exceeds Shunsui's level by miles at this point, and Byakuya defeated five Stern Ritter simultaneously - one of which was toying around with Shikai Shunsui and two of which were confirmed stronger than that.

Kenpachi - oh, you get the idea. Point is, Senior Captains don't offer much to the table anymore. Shunsui should have been flaunting his Bankai during the war, thrashing Stern Ritter left and right - but instead he stands around like a clown until the brilliant idea of using Aizen comes to mind.

Kubo just has way too much to include to sufficiently complete Bleach. Aside from the central plotline, Shunsui/Ukitake's past and abilities, Shinji's Bankai, Love's Bankai, Urahara's Bankai - heck we still haven't witnessed what four out of five Royal Guard can do at their strongest! And apparently we're supposed to believe the likes of Orihime and Ganju can contribute anything meaningful to the battle against the Elite Guard.

I can imagine him either drawing this out to God-forsaken levels of tedium so that the climax concludes two years from now, or rushing everything until it's done by 2015.

Aizen should be sitting in the chair forever. It's now iconic.

Renji exceeds Shunsui's level by miles at this point

What? No. I can't believe Abarai's training could make him that powerful. If Ichigo is something to go, that training with Division Zero made him weaker. lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
The last 5-6 posts are hilarious, I don't even let that frustration get to me anymore, bleach ugh.

What a mess lol...

Also wtf is Ichigo doing, the fuck is he now? I don't even know wtf Kubo is going to do.

This manga has made my mind go into a state of "my mind is full of fuck"

Rebel Leader

The last 5-6 posts are hilarious, I don't even let that frustration get to me anymore, bleach ugh.

What a mess lol...

Also wtf is Ichigo doing, the fuck is he now? I don't even know wtf Kubo is going to do.

Who the fuck gives two shits about yellow haired guy?

I don't

Aizen let's sail away

What? No. I can't believe Abarai's training could make him that powerful. If Ichigo is something to go, that training with Division Zero made him weaker. lol

Mask de Masculine after three cheers from James absolutely demolished Bankai Kensei and one-shotted Bankai Rose. By comparison, Released Stark at full power couldn't deal any lasting injuries to Rose even whilst using his wolves. It's important to note that Rose couldn't even react to the laser from Mask, whereas he was keeping up fine with Stark.

So Mask with three cheers is > Released Stark, who is > Shikai Shunsui.

Then Shikai Renji waltzes in and decimates three-cheer Mask with no issues. Mask goes to four cheers with James' help, knocks away Renji with some One-Mile Arts - but isn't done yet. He even activates Vollständig, which is pretty comparable to a Resurreccion in terms of a power boost, then seemingly destroys Renji.

Except Renji's Bankai nullifies that and obliterates him with zero issue.

So Bankai Renji >>> Vollständig Mask with four cheers > Mask with four cheers > Shikai Renji >> Mask with three cheers > Released Stark > Shikai Shunsui.

There's no way Shunsui's Bankai could feasibly have him close that large of a gap to Renji's level without some serious bullshit rationalization on Kubo's part. :lol

Kain

Mask de Masculine after three cheers from James absolutely demolished Bankai Kensei and one-shotted Bankai Rose. By comparison, Released Stark at full power couldn't deal any lasting injuries to Rose even whilst using his wolves. It's important to note that Rose couldn't even react to the laser from Mask, whereas he was keeping up fine with Stark.

Then Shikai Renji waltzes in and decimates three-cheer Mask with no issues. Mask goes to four cheers with James' help, knocks away Renji with some One-Mile Arts - but isn't done yet. He even activates Vollständig, which is pretty comparable to a Resurreccion in terms of a power boost, then seemingly destroys Renji.

So Bankai Renji >>> Vollständig Mask with four cheers > Mask with four cheers > Shikai Renji >> Mask with three cheers > Released Stark > Shikai Shunsui.

There's no way Shunsui's Bankai could feasibly have him close that large of a gap to Renji's level without some serious bullshit rationalization on Kubo's part. :lol

You're using logic to analyze Bleach, therefore you're wrong. Let it go.

Welfare

What a mess lol...

This manga has made my mind go into a state of "my mind is full of fuck"

Ichigo's going to land in Aizen's lap. I sees it.

That's OBD stuff. Right now, everything that matters is AIZEN.

same chapter that urahara said the hougyoku had rejected him. Ichigo retorted that Aizens depowering was a result of Aizen's subconscious wanting it as Ichigo felt Aizen was lonely more than anything and just wanted someone as powerful as he was. i'd surmise that Aizen wanted to be weak until he heard about Ichigo regaining his power and getting stronger. Thus, aizen now wants to be strong again. Basically, aizen is hot for ichigo.

Kusagari

I think you forget how BS hax Sunsui's Shikai is.

You're using logic to analyze Bleach, therefore you're wrong. Let it go.
Renji's a prodigy. I buy it. I think he was even shown when Unohana was thinking of friendly rivals for Kenpachi along with Byakuya and Ichigo. Renji sucked in the HM arc, along with Ishida.. But otherwise, he's always made pretty big gains.

Corgi

Banned
where is toshiro. One upon a time he was the most popular character. Even had his own damn movie. Now... apparently he was such a scrub that he was killed off screen and turned into a zombie or something.

Dude, that's totally gonna happen.

unexperienced Ichigo winning against Zaraki in their first battle in SS arc was pretty much this.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Bleach has rarely followed strict "power level" rules in the first place, except on the extreme ends. (e.g. Aizen can just negate your bankai's effect entirely because he's that much stronger than you.)

I do agree with the point that there are far too many protagonists for everyone to have a good showing before the manga's end.

With Ukitake becoming a plot device, I'm not confident that Shunsui will do anything.

It's always hard to tell with Bleach because the fact Aizen looks a bit like the Soul King may be deliberate, or it may just be Kubo's shitty art OR it could be Kubo's shitty art leading to fan speculation which makes it real because Kubo's a hack fraud.

Top Bottom