• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Ventara

Regarding Gin, there's no way he's coming back. Dude is dead. He had his moment and everything. If Kubo brings him back, he might as well bring back Yamamoto and Ichigo's mom.

Is Grimmjow even powerful enough to matter?

I have a feeling Kubo will pull some bs so that he'll beat one of Ywach's lackeys.

NateDrake

I have a feeling Kubo will pull some bs so that he'll beat one of Ywach's lackeys.

I would rather see Harribel return and beat some of Ywach's minions. If she got overpowered by the random people in the Quincy army, then Grimmjow shouldn't stand a chance.

I would rather see Harribel return and beat some of Ywach's minions. If she got overpowered by the random people in the Quincy army, then Grimmjow shouldn't stand a chance.

Wasn't she defeated by Yhwach himself?

I wouldn't mind seeing her return. But wait till we learn that Grimmjow gained power by absorbing her, or something to that effect...

He's got nothing to defend. FullBringers had some entertaining powers and personalities. They were and are far better developed characters than every quincy in this arc aside from Ichigo and Ishida.

Tsukishima vs Byakuya, Ikkaku vs fist dude, and Ice boy vs PSP were all entertaining fights.
Yep, exactly. I haven't heard a compelling reason against the Fullbringers. Great abilities, personalities. Riruka was so cute. Wish there were more Bleach figures...

Eusis

Yep, exactly. I haven't heard a compelling reason against the Fullbringers. Great abilities, personalities. Riruka was so cute. Wish there were more Bleach figures...
Probably the biggest problem was that they were an excuse to get Ichigo his powers back and little else. Maybe if the surviving ones were relevant at the very start of this arc it wouldn't stick out as badly, even if they got tossed aside after like 5 chapters anyway.

Though I guess there's the DEAD ones showing up for a grand total of one panel!

Probably the biggest problem was that they were an excuse to get Ichigo his powers back and little else. Maybe if the surviving ones were relevant at the very start of this arc it wouldn't stick out as badly, even if they got tossed aside after like 5 chapters anyway.

Though I guess there's the DEAD ones showing up for a grand total of one panel!

That was the main issue for me. Hell, even then it was the Shinigami who bailed him out once he lost his powers AGAIN after Ginjou revealed his double cross. So they weren't even useful on that score--and in the end, they were just filler fodder to be crushed under the boot of the more popular Captains.

FullBringers had some entertaining powers and personalities. They were and are far better developed characters than every quincy in this arc aside from Ichigo and Ishida.

The characters were, up to that point, the one saving grace for the series while it has disappointed on every other front story-wise. This is the first arc in the whole series where I only liked ONE of the new characters on either side (As Nodt), and they were beaten a long ass time ago.

"This Manga's shit."

"Holy shit Ichigo's back!"

I am sorry but that is the main reason why the manga is shit..... all the other characters are 100% better then him

Can someone post the spoilers?

Grimmjow and the original espada form of Nel come out of the garganta.
Nel pushes Grimmjow out of the way and jumps at Ichigo while saying "ichigoooo"(like in the picture)

Riruka also appears(It isn't clear if its at the same time as Grimmjow/Nel or later in the chapter, but I'm going to say somewhere else in the chapter).
She's the Fullbringer who jumped to her death(I think this is a reference to her having jumped from the roof of a building when we last saw her, not that she killed herself after the fullbring arc)

Riruka says: "I said to put it in quickly!"(this is what she says in the picture)

Everyone is aiming for the royal palace.

SPOILER PIC 1

PIC 2

PIC 3

This is totally building to everyone Ichigo's ever met calling his name, which raises his power level and allows him to best Yhwach. The throwaway scene with Ichibe is the only thing preventing it from being a complete ass-pull.

Chariot

Jesus Christ, who else is entering the bus? Don't we miss some random Shinigamis, Hollows and random bums who want to travel to the palace?

Even though she's a jobber, I'm actually really glad Riruka didn't off herself like they implied at the end of the arc. I really liked her for the short time she was around.

I actually liked a lot of the stuff he tried to do with the Fullbring arc, but I guess it didn't get ratings so it got dropkicked fast.

Eusis

Speak of the devil, given our prior posts.
Even though she's a jobber, I'm actually really glad Riruka didn't off herself like they implied at the end of the arc. I really liked her for the short time she was around.

I actually liked a lot of the stuff he tried to do with the Fullbring arc, but I guess it didn't get ratings so it got dropkicked fast.
I took it more as leaving without telling anyone, probably because for super human characters that makes more sense being something of a trope and, uhh, they have to be way too hard to kill that way. Fucks sake, Uryu's arm got sliced off and left him to fall from a great height and his dad just stitched the arm back on or whatever (some Orihime magic I guess) and that was that. Bleach characters trying to jump to their death from a building makes as much sense as jumping into a baby pool to drown yourself.

Khezu

Riruka is best girl.

Fullbring arc was interesting, probably would have been better received if it happened much earlier in Bleach's life, like right after the Soul Society arc.
It was just too big a contrast after the whole Aizen and Arancarr bullshit.

Nice. Ichigo saying everyone's name after they first appear is a good way to remind the reader what their actual names are, because I sure as hell couldn't remember.

Yado

The Fullbringers are second only to dondochakka and pesche in terms of being unlikable, annoying and useless. God, I hate them.

Chariot

Also lol @ Bach getting even stronger just because. How many needless power-ups is this guy gonna get before Ichiho arrives?

Joni

Also lol @ Bach getting even stronger just because. How many needless power-ups is this guy gonna get before Ichiho arrives?
All of them, have you seen how many Bankai/Secunda Etapa/Fullbrings he will have to take head-on at the same time before Ichigo beats him?

LordCanti

The Fullbringers are second only to dondochakka and pesche in terms of being unlikable, annoying and useless. God, I hate them.

I couldn't even remember who they were until I came here and read the word fullbringer. I had hoped that arc was never going to be brought up again.

Bam

Banned
Okay, I actually never expected the Fullbringers to return. Lol I guess they're not completely useless?

I loved this chapter. Kubo won me again!

Nel's appearance in the middle of Grimmjow's speech was hilarious.

Nice to see Yukio and Riruka, my favorite fullbringers. I thought she had commited suicide. I'm glad I was wrong.

And Kubo is really good at making comical faces.. They all look cute and funny. :3

Kain

Now we are in Community? Sigh...

Anyway, good chapter for a change, why does Kubo not draw more interesting chapters like this? Maybe he hates his job or something.

Astral

Really nice chapter. I was afraid we'd never see the rest of the Fullbringers again, making that arc even more pointless. I guess all we're missing now are Jackie, Ginjo, old dude, and Halibel. There are a few other Arrancars that are alive as well.

Hystzen

Fun chapter great mixture humour also lol at ichigo shouting at yoruichi to explain what the fuck is going on.

I'm one those who thinks Fullbring easily 2nd best arc in Bleach. It great mixture old school bleach with humour, quality fights and some interesting lore. I think due to most bleach fans having a hardon over the captains kind of killed it. A low key ending where ichigo and rest humans fought the fullbringers would have had more impact but fans crying probably forced him to shove the shinigami favourites back in at end. Even then the lucky lucky fight with ikkaku, tsukshima vs byakua, grinkio explaining the fucked up past getting his power and ichigo n Uryu vs Ginju where great parts.

KdylanR92

You know what? half way thru this chapter I asked myself "do i care about what happens next?" and the answer was no, and i closed the tab.....I have freed myself from this curse

jstripes

Banned
So it looks like he's going to take every opportunity to put in fan service before it ends.

And bring back all 500 "loose end" characters.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
He didn't die; he just kind of wandered off. I think Ginjo died, but I don't remember all that well.

They're both dead.

JiO32CE.png

And they'll both be back.

They're both dead.

JiO32CE.png

And they'll both be back.

They better show up too. I like Riruka but she's basically the second most useless fullbringer to have here. The others have far better power sets.

Though they're all just top level jobbers meant to get reemed by Bach because only Ichigo gets to actually accomplish anything in this shit.

Arabesque

Wait. I don't remember that panel at all. Maybe I missed a chapter, but what I remember was that Tsukishima lost his resolve and left, and Ginjo was killed. What is that panel about?

That panel is about how Ginjo, Tsukishima and clock Fullbringer guy who killed his wife were all training in the afterlife.

As for his death, after Ichigo killed Ginjo, Tsukishima did lose his mind a bit and tried to attack him. When that didn't work, he just ran away to some part of the forest and eventually died due to the wound Byakuya gave him. He was getting carried by the Fullbringer kid he brainwashed (because that kid apparently did think highly of Tsukishima even without the brainwashing).

To me, Tsukishima's death is probably the most memorable death from Bleach due to how Kubo felt he needed to add a description of a really beautiful sunset, but didn't actually draw anything in the background lol

I guess it makes sense that they could come back. Fullbringers are human, so them dying would just send them to Soul Society anyway. I don't know why that doesn't also apply to Quincies.

Also, even though they aren't canon, now would be a good time for Bount to show up, since their powers are extra effective against Quincies.

Arabesque

I don't know why that doesn't also apply to Quincies.

Pretty much, any soul that had a part of Yhwach infused with will end up going back to Yhwach, removing it from the cycle of going to either Soul Society or Hell. It's why Ichigo's mom didn't end up becoming an Arrancar when Grand Fisher had his mask removed, because her soul "belonged" to Yhwach since her ancestors had a part of Yhwach soul ingrained in them, and so all of their descendants received a small part of that same soul as well (which is why the Quincies are unable to go to Soul Society when they die, because they are the race closest to Yhwach).

The implication is that the Shinigami who had their Zanbaktou's stolen (Hitsugaya, Komamura, Baykuya, Sui Fong) will also end up in Yhwach when they die (and presumably also everyone that is under control by Giselle, so Love, Kensei and Matsumoto are also in line).

As for the Bount ... Kubo is having enough trouble making sense of his own mythology (and he's not doing a good job at it) so I doubt he'd want to complicate things further by including the anime-only arcs in the mix (especially when the Bount arc already contradict who the 11th squad captain was lol).

Top Bottom