• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

The implication is that the Shinigami who had their Zanbaktou's stolen (Hitsugaya, Komamura, Baykuya, Sui Fong) will also end up in Yhwach when they die (and presumably also everyone that is under control by Giselle, so Love, Kensei and Matsumoto are also in line).

As for the Bount ... Kubo is having enough trouble making sense of his own mythology (and he's not doing a good job at it) so I doubt he'd want to complicate things further by including the anime-only arcs in the mix (especially when the Bount arc already contradict who the 11th squad captain was lol).

Really? They had their Zanpakutou stolen but I don't see why their own soul would belong to Yhwach now. The Zanpakutou have their own soul, right? But I don't remember a lot of things so I could be wrong.

And thankfully, there is zero chance for the Bount to appear now.

Arabesque

Really? They had their Zanpakutou stolen but I don't see why their own soul would belong to Yhwach now. The Zanpakutou have their own soul, right? But I don't remember a lot of things so I could be wrong.

Well, the Zanpaktou creation method sort of creates what looks like a being capable of independent, sentient thought, but what Nimayia revealed to Ichigo while forging the new Zangetsu (and the thing Ichigo says at the end of The Blade Is Me) makes it clear that the Zanpaktou itself doesn't have its own soul. Rather, the Zanpaktou is just another outlet that the soul of the Shinigami manifests from. Both of the Shinigami and the Zanpaktou soul are one and the same according to that.

So if a Zanpaktou soul is stolen by a Quincy, it's as good as a part of the soul of a Shinigami was taken by Yhwach. Plus the explanation about Yhwach's powers shows them as being part of who will return to Yhwach once they die.

The thing about the Bount is that what can they realistically do in this case? There is like one left alive in the anime and the Quincy powers had been shown to be on a level far beyond anything the Bount were capable of.

Plus Kubo's head would implode just trying to fit them in the manga messy lore.

Well, the Zanpaktou creation method sort of creates what looks like a being capable of independent, sentient thought, but what Nimayia revealed to Ichigo while forging the new Zangetsu (and the thing Ichigo says at the end of The Blade Is Me) makes it clear that the Zanpaktou itself doesn't have its own soul. Rather, the Zanpaktou is just another outlet that the soul of the Shinigami manifests from. Both of the Shinigami and the Zanpaktou soul are one and the same according to that.

So if a Zanpaktou soul is stolen by a Quincy, it's as good as a part of the soul of a Shinigami was taken by Yhwach. Plus the explanation about Yhwach's powers shows them as being part of who will return to Yhwach once they die.
I see. Good job explaining this! I never tried to understand things like these. lol

But I guess that Yhwach could only claim the part of the soul inside the zanpakutou?

Eusis

Pretty sure its actually more that anything with a fragment of Yhwach's soul will go to him, even if its just a sliver from being in his proximity or attacked by quincies. Also likely why Hollows were "destroyed" BT Quincies; their mortal kills actually sent hollows to Yhwach.

Raises questions of why Ichigo's kills didn't go to him and why he didn't go to Yhwach when he was hollowifying, but I guess that has to do with him being Special or perhaps deliberately passed over by Yhwach for future use. Or Kubo just coming up with all this stuff right at the end game, whichever.

Arabesque

I see. Good job explaining this! I never tried to understand things like these. lol

Kubo decided to explain it in a really awkward manner, but the idea itself is pretty cool which is why I tried and re-read the chapters relating to them. It makes sense in the context of the world more or less, and the idea that the Shinigami had been attempting to mole what are essentially Spirit Animals from their own souls is fascinating.

But I doubt that was what Kubo was going for

But I guess that Yhwach could only claim the part of the soul inside the zanpakutou?

Well, since the part of the soul of the Zanpaktou that had already been infused with Yhwach's soul fragment is still connected to the original soul of the Shinigami (because Shinigami soul = Zanpaktou soul), upon the death of the Shinigami, the entire soul is owned by Yhwach.

Yhwach is pretty bullshit when it comes to his power, but it is interesting as an addition to the lore and makes sense why he is so nonchalant about killing his own subordinates. Plus for a guy named after YHWH, it's to be expect lol

Pretty sure its actually more that anything with a fragment of Yhwach's soul will go to him, even if its just a sliver from being in his proximity or attacked by quincies. Also likely why Hollows were "destroyed" BT Quincies; their mortal kills actually sent hollows to Yhwach.

On the attacked by Quincies:

That is still a bit murky. With people like Giselle, it would make sense (because the Zombie ability requires she give a large portion of her blood to her victims) but with people like Bazz B or As Nodt there isn't really a conceivable way for them to allow their fragments of Yhwach's soul to come into contact with their opponents. It seems to be a case by case situation.

On the "Quincy kills are sent to Yhwach":

Maybe? It's honestly never clear why Hollows killed by the Quincies never get reincarnated, and if they do go to Yhwach then that raises the question why are there Mixed Blooded and Pure Blooded Quincies in the first place. We know that the Quincy have techniques which involve hitting someone who lost their power with an arrow in order to restore their power (like what happened with Ishida) and if all it took to transfer Yhwach soul to another is an arrow, then ?????????

Raises questions of why Ichigo's kills didn't go to him and why he didn't go to Yhwach when he was hollowifying, but I guess that has to do with him being Special or perhaps deliberately passed over by Yhwach for future use. Or Kubo just coming up with all this stuff right at the end game, whichever.

Well, the bold is pretty much accurate lol

But I guess in-story, either Ichigo's makeup of being a Shinigami/Human/Quincy/Hollow/Fullbringer/Godchild/Dragonborn/Dog person etc. had resulted in him overcoming Yhwach's rule. Or the kills Quincies take don't actually go to Yhwach, in which case where do they go to ????????????

Or Kubo just coming up with all this stuff right at the end game, whichever.

This is a real pictue of Kubo:

I-Have-No-Idea-What-Im-Doing-8.jpg

I'm amused that Chad now ships Orihime-Ichigo. Sadly his Yamcha status might doom Orihime too.

lol

Radec

ofcourse he got another power up!

before this arc ends Yhwach will end up as strong as Shenron from DB:GT.

And Ichigo will be like SSJ Gogeta.

Syntsui

What a shit chapter, nothing happened at all. They could've shown this new powerup in 2 pages and that would be too much still.

ofcourse he got another power up!

before this arc ends Yhwach will end up as strong as Shenron from DB:GT.

And Ichigo will be like SSJ Gogeta.
It actually looks like he got weaker to me. He went from being able to see everything to not knowing for sure that Haschwalt was behind him.

Speaking of which, Haschwalt still has the potential to be way stronger, anyway.

Khezu

Yes, chapter was a pointless non thing.

It did have Riruka in it though, so it's still better then any non Riruka related chapters.

I enjoyed the first part of the chapter because the interactions were good but I don't get what's so important about Yhwach changing the King's Palace.

Some notes:

1. Yukio is a smart man.
2. Riruka is cute.
3. I hate when Kubo make all the women from this manga fall in love with Ichigo, crap, that's one of the reasons I dislike Ichigo, so much protagonism.
4. The Ganjou-Ichigo moment was really good.

Jarnet87

-half the chapter sitting in an elevator
- get to palace, this isnt the palace
- nani!?!?!?!??! the nail is out!!! we are at the palace.

7Gf49yS.gif

At least they should all get there within a few chapters now.

Ichigo's team is so weak. The hell are Grimmjow, Nel, and Ganju going to do? Chad and Orihime are even weaker. It's like your party has one character at level 99, one at 50 or so, and the rest at like 30.

Eusis

At least they should all get there within a few chapters now.

Ichigo's team is so weak. The hell are Grimmjow, Nel, and Ganju going to do? Chad and Orihime are even weaker. It's like your party has one character at level 99, one at 50 or so, and the rest at like 30.
At least Orihime has medic capabilities. The rest... I guess someone to talk to or react to things?

Which I guess makes them boring Speedwagons.

It has been years since Grimmjow was defeated. So I guess he powered up by some training. The same for Nel. I'm pretty sure Kubo will show some new skills for them even if it wouldn't be possible to be significantly strong to make a difference in a short time.

Ganjou, though.. lol

At least Orihime has medic capabilities. The rest... I guess someone to talk to or react to things?

Which I guess makes them boring Speedwagons.
You know how in Final Fantasy games, you can cast Protect on your low level guys, but Tonberries will still hit you for 9999? That's what Orihime "contributes" to this fight.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aizen too OP, chair Aizen lol, not enough Rukia, nobody likes Ganju, Yhwach is too powerful and not interesting enough, not enough happens, why did the shinigami basically get Z Fighter'd (AKA useless), Ichigo with his one hit wonder (Getsuga Tensho, Stronger Getsuga Tensho, Skull Getsuga Tensho, Long hair Getsuga Tensho, also fullbring wait jk he has Getsuga Tensho again), Ukitake never showing bankai, villains monologueing like this

So you thought

HUGE CUTAWAY, NEW SPEECH BUBBLE

I was

Another cutaway, new speech bubble

Defeated? You cannot defeat me....

New speech bubble

Ichigo.

ten bazillion characters, vizards STAY USELESS after being re-shinigami'd, fuck this series.

I'll see you next week

Chariot

Whaaaaat, the Soul Palace is in enemy hands?!!!!!!11 We didn't know that how, between seeing the last defense shattered and being attacked from above, should we ever considered that the enemy has the palace and the soul king?

ohlawd

lmao

Ukitake didn't do shit. dude died not even an hour or something later and Kyoraku's already talking shit like that's what he would have wanted if he was still here

Top Bottom