• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Hystzen

It's not a flashback about Bazz it more about history of Sternritter and the Quincy army joining Ywach.

It totally not important /s

People just drop the manga if you can't be arsed but moan over every detail. No the I invested to much time excuse is shit. Do you guys also watch a shit TV show or play a shit game just because you put some effort in it.Just drop it when you hear it ended find out if worth catching up with.

So in current society, nobody remembers the guy that took over the entire world 1000 years ago? Well, that is realistic. It is not like we remember Alexander the Great or Genghis Khan.

Uuuuuuuh I'm confused, when did Ywach became the ruler of Earth and why everyone is oblivous to that fact? I'm getting the timelines confused here.

Yeah, what's up with that?

Backstory about characters i'm not interested in. LAAAAAAAAME!

Ywach ends up taking over the World. lol ok

No Aizen again. SUPER LAAAAAAAAAAME!!!

He didn't take all the world (Japan isn't affected as we can see in Karakura). He took the countries "available". Probably they are referring to the lands the quincy used to live. We don't even know if normal society is aware of this Quincy territory. It could be happening even in a different dimension or hidden in the shadows.

By the way it looked to me that Haschwalth's uncle was creepy in a very bad way. Maybe he was abused? And for Yhwach killing him, he might be still grateful for that.

Astral

is Jugram gonna pull a gin and turn on Bach and then die.

Seeing as Ywhach already pulled an Aizen with the whole "everything you've done up to this point in your life was because of me," I wouldn't be surprised. But nah, he'll probably just kill Bazz B and no one will care.

Zeroth

He didn't take all the world (Japan isn't affected as we can see in Karakura). He took the countries "available". Probably they are referring to the lands the quincy used to live. We don't even know if normal society is aware of this Quincy territory. It could be happening even in a different dimension or hidden in the shadows.

By the way it looked to me that Haschwalth's uncle was creepy in a very bad way. Maybe he was abused? And for Yhwach killing him, he might be still grateful for that.

Pretty sure the interpretation here is that Jugram was grateful that Yhwach killed his uncle because he was abusive towards him. Bazz, not knowing that, thought he would be as angry as he was becayse Yhwach killed his family too and thinks Jugram wants to kill him too.

Pretty sure the interpretation here is that Jugram was grateful that Yhwach killed his uncle because he was abusive towards him. Bazz, not knowing that, thought he would be as angry as he was becayse Yhwach killed his family too and thinks Jugram wants to kill him too.
Yes. Exactly my thoughts. That would also explain why he didn't like when Bazz calls him Jugo because that's how his uncle calls him.

I still not sure what exactly Jugo feels towards Yhwach. But he'll probably kill Bazz after all this character development. Maybe he will fight Ishida? I think the final battle will still be Ichigo vs. Yhwach, though.

ohlawd

Jugo is a real unknown. he better have a good reason why he's off doing such and such. not this I'm Wack's other half so I don't got a choice crap

Chariot

Jugo will appear lfor a second like he is on Bazz site, then betray Bazz and seems super loyal to Bach, but then he will backstab him. He is Gin 2.0, guys.

I'm really liking this flashback, no idea why. It's a lot les boring than the main story.

I still don't understand where they actually are, though. It's that planet earth? a part of soul society? are they all dead like the shinigamis?

I'm really liking this flashback, no idea why. It's a lot les boring than the main story.

I still don't understand where they actually are, though. It's that planet earth? a part of soul society? are they all dead like the shinigamis?
Yeah, I like the flashback, too. It even doesn't have the usual pre-death vibe of other flashbacks and feels more like Turn Back the Pendulum.

But when is this supposed to be taking place? I thought Ywach had been sleeping for 1000 years. Quincies are human, so I doubt Bazz and Jugo can live that long.

Arabesque

From Bazz-B's comment about Yhwach invading the northern territories, it should be somewhere in the north of the proto-to-foundation of the Holy Roman Empire lands.

But when is this supposed to be taking place? I thought Ywach had been sleeping for 1000 years.

Somewhere between 990-to-1004 AD would be my guess, since Yhwach had been alive for 200 years already. Would be the only time it fits in the timeline.

Quincies are human, so I doubt Bazz and Jugo can live that long.

Drinking YHWH's blood makes you immortal I guess? Cause that's part of the ritual to gain the letter for the Sternritters right?

Eusis

But when is this supposed to be taking place? I thought Ywach had been sleeping for 1000 years. Quincies are human, so I doubt Bazz and Jugo can live that long.
If they had been living in Silbern or whatever I could see being in "Soul Society" effectively making them age like the souls there. Or Yhwach blood, whatever.

This is a total retread of Gin.
I suppose one difference is that the Gin and Tousen roles are kind of reversed, with the weaker lackey (Bazz-B) being Gin this time. If Haschwalth ends up being a good guy through this, I suppose that would differentiate him from Tousen, as well.

If they had been living in Silbern or whatever I could see being in "Soul Society" effectively making them age like the souls there. Or Yhwach blood, whatever.
I'll take that explanation. I've been chalking it up to Kubo just not caring anymore, like how shinigami can now freeze to death or bleed out somehow.

Eusis

I'll take that explanation. I've been chalking it up to Kubo just not caring anymore, like how shinigami can now freeze to death or bleed out somehow.
Yeah, though this time he actually highlighted it being unusual for Yhwach to have lived this long. I'm thinking he actually may have put at least some thought into that, even if sometimes I seriously wonder if he even tries to be consistent about this stuff. Or using what seem like obvious Chekhov's Guns (deathly allergic to Hollow attacks? Visoreds must be the best counterdef-nevermind they get creamed or quickly shooed off stage. Though maybe that's why we have poison guy going all Benny Hill with Grimmjow.)

Yeah, though this time he actually highlighted it being unusual for Yhwach to have lived this long. I'm thinking he actually may have put at least some thought into that, even if sometimes I seriously wonder if he even tries to be consistent about this stuff. Or using what seem like obvious Chekhov's Guns (deathly allergic to Hollow attacks? Visoreds must be the best counterdef-nevermind they get creamed or quickly shooed off stage. Though maybe that's why we have poison guy going all Benny Hill with Grimmjow.)

He's certainly no GODa that's for sure.

Neo Dark

Wow. No comments about how impressive the horse's reiatsu was? Clearly it was the horse making everyone bow. Yhwach is just taking the credit for it. I'm not sure if I favor the horse or the chair more in a fight

Chariot

Wow. No comments about how impressive the horse's reiatsu was? Clearly it was the horse making everyone bow. Yhwach is just taking the credit for it. I'm not sure if I favor the horse or the chair more in a fight
Hahaha, I just have to imagine a mexican stand-off finale with Ichigo, the chair and the horse.

Hystzen

Every RPG party needs a buffer no wonder Ywach need him in his group.

Wonder why Ywach can live so long wonder if it because he can drain quinces

Interesting post from /a/

Anon said:
>Quincy genocide was 200 years ago

KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

the quincy genocide was done because the shinigami wanted to kill the next would-be power-sharer

ywatch-like power sharers is also the reason being a shinigami substitute and also Rukia lending powers to Ichigo was such a big deal

the first shinigami substitute, Ginjo, has power sharing abilities

Chariot

Have you seen Kenpachi and Mayuri? Those are the most lovable girl scout leaders I ever seen. Don't you dare to put mud on their white image!

The only thing that's bothersome for me is that Bazz supposedly has as much fire in one finger as Yamamoto did with his zanpakuto, entirely, and Haschwalth cut him down without issue, even when he used both his hands. It's going to be hard to buy any character but Ichigo or Aizen having enough power to deal with that.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The only thing that's bothersome for me is that Bazz supposedly has as much fire in one finger as Yamamoto did with his zanpakuto, entirely, and Haschwalth cut him down without issue, even when he used both his hands. It's going to be hard to buy any character but Ichigo or Aizen having enough power to deal with that.

Well, Haschwalth never really dealt with the fire directly. He just kinda dodged it and cut the guy with a sword. All the fire in the world ain't crap if you can't friggin hit anyone with it.

Jarnet87

Jugo vs Bazz was actually pretty good. The flashback didn't feel out of place and I typically like when they have them (Pendulum Arc is one of my favorite parts of Bleach) but It's more just a reflection of the current arc sucks, this flashback is just delaying us moving on.

Joni

Kubo Tite and his boner for people losing their arms. Has he ever explained this?

Actual nude picture of Kubo Tite's wife:
Venus_de_Milo_Louvre_Ma399_n3.jpg

Kubo Tite and his boner for people losing their arms. Has he ever explained this?

I guess it's the only "edgy" injury you can have in a shonen manga without going too gore. Now that I think about it.. losing a leg looks more extreme to me than losing an arm. I don't know why.. maybe because not being able to stand up is more terrible.

Chariot

I think it's just super easy, people who lose arms or hands in manga usually keep moving like they had arms. You can't do that as easy without legs, people crawling over the ground would probably to bothersome for Kubo.

Well, Haschwalth never really dealt with the fire directly. He just kinda dodged it and cut the guy with a sword. All the fire in the world ain't crap if you can't friggin hit anyone with it.
That's true, but Yamamoto was incinerating dudes who were just in his presence. I guess we can attribute that to his enormous reiatsu or something, though.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I hadn't read Bleach in quite a while. Just kinda got bored with it. Since it's such a quick read I decided to catch up. Expectedly, the chapters were pretty boring and went nowhere...

Until those last four chapters. Good lord that was a great mini-arc. Yes, it had the typical Bleach storytelling flaws [Random/Where did these people come from/What is this setting?] but at this point it's a part of the style and to complain about it 600+ chapters in would be ignorance as it's just Kubo's preference.

That last chapter, man, prior to the 'friend' mini arc I couldn't give two fucks about Bazz-B (I've always been curious about Hash). But then this one brought out the feels. The emotion was there in the art and I feel like this mini-arc is what Kubo tries to do with all of his chapters/arcs but his weakness being longevity breaks up what he wants to do.

If he can do more things like this throughout the arc I will consider this arc redeemed. Hasn't been a good set of chapters like this in a long while.

what? when was this bullshit stated? Bazz's fire aint worth one of Yama's farts, that SOB had goddamn sun armor, get out of here Kubo.

Top Bottom