• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Uraha is probably limited thanks to pesky morals. Mayuri has nothing of this shit and probably better budget and equipment to research than Uraha.
I don't think he really has morals; he just pretends to, but he plays his cards very close to the chest.

Either way, I think that even when he holds back, he's way more powerful.

The guys who've barely done anything are the strongest, I'm sure. Remember when Isshin showed up in the last arc and threw Aizen across the city by just flicking his finger? Urahara is in that class of badass, I think--along with Kyoraku, Ishida Sr., and the current Aizen.

hey guys what if...

guys seriously listen

what if Urahara and Yuroichi are the true endgame villains. would you be surprised?

hey guys what if...

guys seriously listen

what if Urahara and Yuroichi are the true endgame villains. would you be surprised?
hqdefault.jpg

Not even a little.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Urahara is the best character in the series. I loved how he was foreshadowed to be a captain in the Soul Society arc and then it was finally touched upon in the Aizen flashback (which was the first good material in a long time).

I'd support
him being a villain

Chariot

I don't think he really has morals; he just pretends to, but he plays his cards very close to the chest.

Either way, I think that even when he holds back, he's way more powerful.

The guys who've barely done anything are the strongest, I'm sure. Remember when Isshin showed up in the last arc and threw Aizen across the city by just flicking his finger? Urahara is in that class of badass, I think--along with Kyoraku, Ishida Sr., and the current Aizen.
Going by the shoune tropes that make Ichigo stay strong sure.

Can Mayuri just fucking die already?
How about no?

Hystzen

I'll bet Urahara is even more broken than Mayuri, since he was Mayuri's boss in the past, and we still don't know a thing about what he's capable of.

Mayuri is more fucked up then Urahara, Mayuri experiments on his own squad and then changes his own body. Urahara too chilled out to do that he holds back only fucked up thing he did was great a wishing ball that allowed Aizen evolve and destroy the boundaries of hollow and shinigami

hey guys what if...

guys seriously listen

I'd be surprised as they are popular and fun characters. Some people would hate the twist so I guess I'd be surprised if Kubo really takes the risk.

Joni

That was certainly a weird chapter again. It seems to be that either each limb of the Soul King represents a certain species - this arm is the Quincy, the Utikate arm is the Shinigami, a leg is the humans and the other is the Hollow - or that the Soul King has always been all four of them. At least, I'm guessing he won't go with the twist that the Soul King is just a Quincy and nothing more. And more and more, I'm expecting Mayuri to lose, maybe only survive with a twist return of Kenpachi. But it might just well be Nemu's Bankai that will save the day.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Typical glacial pacing aside, I actually like how this battle is playing out for once. Mayuri is one of few characters who has been written pretty well throughout the whole series.

Chariot

Rubbish. Somebody else will become Soul King, somebody who actually wants to sit on a chair all day. Somebody who trained the last years to have the perfect sitting on a chair ass.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Rubbish. Somebody else will become Soul King, somebody who actually wants to sit on a chair all day. Somebody who trained the last years to have the perfect sitting on a chair ass.

Yeah.

Honestly, the Soul King was never really seen to be acting on his own accord. Almost seemed like he was imprisoned and used by the shinigami for their own needs. Wouldn't be surprised if Aizen somehow ended up in that exact same role.

Sure. Of coure the arm of the sould king is a quincy. Sure, sure.

Not that surprising considering Ywach said his and the soul king's eyes are proof of being a true quincy. If the soul king proper is at least part quincy, it ain't surprising that one of it's sentient limbs is a quincy.

Crazy theory, but today's revelation that nemu is just a clone is mild at best. The real revelation is that it hints this event has happened before. With mayuri saying that the hand has gotten bigger and changed the speech pattern from the last time, and insinuating that nemu shoud wait for the specific moment to die because raising someone like her again is troublesome, this all points to bleach timeline being cyclical, just like Evangelion. And Nemu is Rei

Hystzen

That was certainly a weird chapter again. It seems to be that either each limb of the Soul King represents a certain species - this arm is the Quincy, the Utikate arm is the Shinigami, a leg is the humans and the other is the Hollow - or that the Soul King has always been all four of them. At least, I'm guessing he won't go with the twist that the Soul King is just a Quincy and nothing more. And more and more, I'm expecting Mayuri to lose, maybe only survive with a twist return of Kenpachi. But it might just well be Nemu's Bankai that will save the day.

Well SK was described as a lynchpin so it being made up of every part makes sense just now Ywach has manipulated himself to a pure Quincy which will slowly destroy the balance.

Zoe

Crazy theory, but today's revelation that nemu is just a clone is mild at best. The real revelation is that it hints this event has happened before. With mayuri saying that the hand has gotten bigger and changed the speech pattern from the last time, and insinuating that nemu shoud wait for the specific moment to die because raising someone like her again is troublesome, this all points to bleach timeline being cyclical, just like Evangelion. And Nemu is Rei

I don't think that's what he was going for. Earlier in the chapter the hand was using stilted and broken speech, but then it was speaking in full sentences by the end.

It'd probably be more obvious in the original Japanese.

Syntsui

Who fucking cares about Nemu? Kubo keeps adding these side stories about irrelevant characters no one cares about and drags the series as a whole, it's infuriating.

Who fucking cares about Nemu? Kubo keeps adding these side stories about irrelevant characters no one cares about and drags the series as a whole, it's infuriating.

Nemu will change to the quincy side. Remember she and ishida are in love, she will kill mayuri, ishida will reveal all the secrets to her, then she will betray him. This is a key character

Syntsui

Nemu will change to the quincy side. Remember she and ishida are in love, she will kill mayuri, ishida will reveal all the secrets to her, then she will betray him. This is a key character
Ishida will lose his arm during this, don't forget this important detail.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So when is my man Ukitake coming back

We're gonna see that awesome bankai, right

Oh wait

:(

Mayuri is a creepy mofo, even when he's fighting with the good guys.

I care if it's something worth reading.

This Pernida guy is looking dangerous. If he is truly evolving, it's unsettling. This fight is good.

ohlawd

ima flip a table if Mayuri doesn't win in the end. Nemu can have the win too. they're always together anyway.

if Zaraki recovers or someone else steals the kill, fuck Kubo. SCIENCE FUCK YEAH in a supernatural setting deserves the win

ima flip a table if Mayuri doesn't win in the end. Nemu can have the win too. they're always together anyway.

if Zaraki recovers or someone else steals the kill, fuck Kubo. SCIENCE FUCK YEAH in a supernatural setting deserves the win
I would be okay if Kyoraku or Aizen show up and take the win, though.

Or, shit, even Ichigo. Dude's been chillin' for a while.

Chariot

Eh, I am sure Bach can pull out the Weissest Ritter, the real true strongest dudes all along, when the current ones are beaten.

I liked Nemu's development. And with this new attack she might be stronger than most captains, but must be some suicidal technique, the way she is "cutting" her own soul or something.

Chariot

Yeah, liked that chapter. A bit of backstory, character development for both and a great power with reasonable limit and cost, a good reason for not using it earlier.

Top Bottom