• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Hystzen

Hisagi sniped rest of old shit SR dead, Bleach returns to quick pacing. Zaraki being a moron like always but mayuri being awesome with put downs

Grimmjow will proably counter-attack, no way he will lose like that. Hisagi... well.. I can see him dying like that. lol

And Lilotto and Giselle were really suicidal to fight alone against Yhwach. But now I really want to see Zaraki and Mayuri. :D

Arabesque

Bazz said it when he was against Hitsugaya.

That's the explanation why Yama didn't kill any sternreiter

Well, not exactly

1C8CKfh.jpg
ST7G6f3.jpg

So from what he said back then, it was less "one of my fingers is as powerful as Yamamoto's entire sword" and more of:

Bass-B's flames = Yamamoto's shikai's flames

Now obviously, if he were to go against Yama's Bankai, he'd have no chance in hell.

Bazz is also a well-documented blowhard.

Also that. God, Bazz-B just sucks.

Zoe

So from what he said back then, it was less "one of my fingers is as powerful as Yamamoto's entire sword" and more of:

Bass-B's flames = Yamamoto's shikai's flames

Now obviously, if he were to go against Yama's Bankai, he'd have no chance in hell.

Well, no. Even with that translation, it's not saying Bazz's strongest flames == Yamamoto's shikai flames. It says he has flames at least as strong as Yamamoto's.

Yamamoto also doesn't necessarily have more flame in his bankai; it's just that all the flame gets concentrated onto his blade, which makes it hot enough to cut through anything.

In a battle of straight out reiatsu, though, he's probably stronger than Bazz-B. But we'll never really know.

Arabesque

I think we were reading different translations. In the one I read, he says he did it with a single finger or something like that.

Checking the other translations, the one you read might have been a speedscan, so I wouldn't trust it.

Other translations of the line say

BazzB: Your Captain-Commander's flames...were stopped in their tracks by the sheer power of mine!

Which makes it seem like Bazz's flames are supposedly stronger hence why they managed to survive (vs his flames being on par with Yamamoto's fire) but even then, I doubt it having seen what both were capable of during their final battles.

The one finger comment was always directed towards Hitsugaya, since Bazz was boasting that he could take down Hitsugaya with his Bankai with only Burner Finger 1.

Well, no. Even with that translation, it's not saying Bazz's strongest flames == Yamamoto's shikai flames. It says he has flames at least as strong as Yamamoto's.

Let's be real here.

We seen what Yamamoto did before he died.

We seen what Bazz did before he died.

We can be generous and say that Bazz's flames are slightly stronger than Yamamoto's shikai, but there is no way anything he did during the fight with Jugo could come close to Yama's "here's me using solar flames to armour myself and cut you down" Bankai.

Bazz's bragging was about him managing to survive being hit head on with Yamamoto's shikai and living to tell the tale with the others. Hence why he was so proud of his flames cancelling/nullifying his. Outside of that, he had never shown himself to be anywhere near Yamamoto's fire power at its height.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Well, what's the event Bazz is even referring to? Is it when three or so Sternritter jumped Yamamoto and he swatted them away? Is he really deriving pride from managing to deflect what was probably Yamamoto's wet fart? At no point did Bazz B interact with even a fraction of Yamamoto's shikai.

I was just thinking, we actually know now that all the Qunicy get immensely more powerful when Haschwalth is around, so I guess that could have given Bazz-B the edge in firepower at that time.

I'm curious if this means Ishida is way different now from how we knew him before. And, while I doubt we'll see Ishida Sr. ever again, I wonder what he and Isshin are up to now.

I was just thinking, we actually know now that all the Qunicy get immensely more powerful when Haschwalth is around, so I guess that could have given Bazz-B the edge in firepower at that time.

I'm curious if this means Ishida is way different now from how we knew him before. And, while I doubt we'll see Ishida Sr. ever again, I wonder what he and Isshin are up to now.

Doing nothing like always. Because Kubo can't just have them show up in the last god damn arc to show their powers for five minutes.

There's no reason, none, they shouldn't be engaging at least ONE enemy right now.

Syntsui

I would shit on this Manga again as always and say that another arm goes to dust, but let me say Maiyuri is the best captain and Zaraki character went to shit instead.

I could read Mayuri and Zaraki adventures all day.

Mayuri da god.

And it's nice to see Nemu interacting more with others. It's about time Kubo starts to develop the character.

Hystzen

Mayuri might be evilest sonofabitch in the SS but I do love how he talks to everybody. Kenpachi proves how boring he is with his fighting style and gets wrecked for it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Mayuri is the Kurama of Bleach.

He always has just the right drug or technology to win the battle, just like Kurama always has the right seed.

It's almost always bs since it doesn't operate on previously established fight mechanics but it's also almost always really entertaining to watch/read.

After chapters like this you start to wonder how has Zaraki survived this long while being so reckless. Mayuri is amazing.

And i won't be happy until we see hisagi's bankai :(

Joni

Sometimes there are plot twists you don't see coming where you think to yourself, that was brilliant. This one was not like that.

Kain

Mayuri and Kenpachi are the best pair of bastards this manga has to offer. I hope Aizen gets in the action somehow and then we're golden.

Screw Ichigo and the rest, please, Kubo, let us be happy for once.

Viridian6

I had totally forgotten about Mayuri's extending hand trick lol. Time to watch him "no sell" every ability of his opponent again!

Chariot

Watch in awe when a giant baby gives birth to another giant sensitive baby with 70000 layers of nerves that make it constantly cry eat the hand of god. The ultimate theatre horror.

Hystzen

Those last pages fucking hell they would look insane even in Berserk. Mayuri is more broken then Aizen with pulling shit out of his ass even better with smack talk

Those last pages fucking hell they would look insane even in Berserk. Mayuri is more broken then Aizen with pulling shit out of his ass even better with smack talk

Kubo has long held to the idea that "being a scientist = fuck all established rules and logic". He's absolutely the most broken character in the entire series--Aizen at least needed the Hougyoku to pull his bullshit, and Ichigo needed main character status.

ohlawd

I don't like the ending sentence

come on Kubo, just give this to Mayuri. don't let that hand thing get a resolve power up

Chariot

Kubo has long held to the idea that "being a scientist = fuck all established rules and logic". He's absolutely the most broken character in the entire series--Aizen at least needed the Hougyoku to pull his bullshit, and Ichigo needed main character status.
Scientists are so much more badass in shounen manga opposed to western media. Not some thin, weak guys who get pushed around by soldiers. Scientists in shounen manga fuck you up. Mayuri, Aizen, Orochimaru, Dr. Stein, basically everyone from Index, ... being a scientist in shounen manga is a awesome as it is criminal by default.

Chariot

Uraha is probably limited thanks to pesky morals. Mayuri has nothing of this shit and probably better budget and equipment to research than Uraha.

Top Bottom