• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantastic News "Bleach" Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Angry Grimace said:
If they were willing to end a movie from the
point at which L died
, it would be better than the anime, since the last half of Death Note was terrible and ruined the excellent first half.

They'd have to change Yagami Light's name to like "Ted Johnson" or something, though. :lol
aggghhh, I read the spoiler, didn't finish deathnote. :/

Oh lord. Im so glad they are sacraficing bleach and it not be something like Yu Yu Hakusho, which if done right could be done. :lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I can see this working better than a Naruto movie to be honest. Still not excited over this, though.

Gilgamesh

harSon said:
There's definitely some room to play with Bleach's universe, but that's not the case with Ninja Scroll... That shit better be authentic. I'll be pretty pissed if they manage to cast Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Olivia Wilde in the film, or some shit like that.
I would see that shit day one, man.

Pimpwerx

Fusebox said:
Meh, just hurry up and get the series back to the hueco mundo arc you #$%s.
Why? It was just an espada tournament ladder with funbags Orihime making cameo appearances to say "Kurosaki-kun". Only reason to return to HM is to revive Ulquiorra and have him join the shinigami side. The only thing left there is Yammy getting worfed by Kenpachi and Byakuya, Miura and his amazing foresight, and Orihime reattaching Poindexter's arm. Chad and Renji are somewhere...but no one cares. PEACE.

Rewrite said:
I can see this working better than a Naruto movie to be honest. Still not excited over this, though.

I actually think that Bleach will have big issues here since, you know, it basically deals with the afterlife and all that. I can imagine some of the Evangelical outrage.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Megan Fox to play Rukia.
Christina Hendricks to play Matsumoto/Orihime.
Aizen to be played by Tom Cruise.

madara

Ugh live action remakes of hand drawn. My imagination is strong enough I dont need CGI and realistic remakes of everything.

Proelite

I doubt they'll cast this with a mostly Japanese cast. Look for a perversion of Bleach, not a conversion, because they'll end up with white people with Japanese names if they stay true to the manga.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Snaku said:
Hopefully it's not faithful to the manga.
Keep the names and general synopis, and then ditch everything else. It'd be the best thing to come out of the Bleach franchise in years!

Tamanon

Banned
I could understand bitching about the bleaching of the DBZ cast, but Bleach kinda goes out of its way to make even the "Japanese" characters not Japanese. Unless you want them to somehow find a huge-boobed Japanese girl and make her hair almost orange.

And no, Hitomi Tanaka can't act.

harSon

Banned
Halycon said:
Christian Bale as Aizen.

2qkmsu9.jpg

I just don't see how they could ever make an anime like bleach into a live action movie without making it look like a fan project with a bunch of cos-players.

Snaku

Banned
Maleficence said:
I just don't see how they could ever make an anime like bleach into a live action movie without making it look like a fan project with a bunch of cos-players.

They'll all just wear black leather uniforms like the X-Men movies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
FortMajor said:
bale as aizen?

Who else would gaf cast for the main roles?
Johnny Depp as Urahara or Mayuri

Ferga

Worst news ever... and I'm a bleach fan...

Just make anime movies please. Do not ruin something with live action. (like evolution)

Dresden

Ferga said:
Worst news ever... and I'm a bleach fan...

Just make anime movies please. Do not ruin something with live action. (like evolution)
I'd agree with you, but the Bleach movies are terrible so it's no big loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom