• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Viridian6

That takes three to STAY on though, right? Maybe the right strike int he first place just robs him of the opportunity to even use it.

Or they all played dead. Or Kubo can't plan further ahead than maybe 4 comics outside of MAYBE the bigger plot points.

I'd go with the last theory.

CarJeter

Neo Member
where is queen Yoruichi... thought she finally gets some deserved panel time after her brother brought the Heavenly Weapons with him but nope. Should've guessed that though with Kubo's pacing...

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
where is queen Yoruichi... thought she finally gets some deserved panel time after her brother brought the Heavenly Weapons with him but nope. Should've guessed that though with Kubo's pacing...

One of the greatest weaknesses of Bleach is easily it's huge cast. There are some really neat side characters that could be fun in their own series, but instead they're all crammed here and no one has enough screen time.

Kyoraku bankai, Kyoraku bankai, Kyoraku bankai!! \o/

It'll probably be underwhelming and eventually whomped on, but at least it's finally happening

Chariot

Hey, but we got a good reason for once why he didn't use his bankai so far. A large area of effect that doesn't distinguish between enemy and friend is indeed something that's not good for the situations he was in.

His Bankai loves to play games, maybe a bunch of demon shadow kids that "play" with everyone they can reach?

ohlawd

I figured it out

anything the hands touch will get dragged down to the Shadow Realm. a tournament of children's card games will take place. since it's only two people present, then it's a one-on-one duel. a mind crush from the pharaoh awaits the loser

Chariot

I figured it out

anything the hands touch will get dragged down to the Shadow Realm. a tournament of children's card games will take place. since it's only two people present, then it's a one-on-one duel. a mind crush from the pharaoh awaits the loser
And he WILL lool good in leatherpants.

Hystzen

Damn Renji fight denied although a Renji and Shinji team would be amazing to watch and broken as fuck power wise.

Shunsui bankai makes sense and recalls the line Ukitake said during Starrk fight "not here" when talking Shunsui out of using it.

Hystzen

Finally. Although I'm upset that the reveal will be on the next chapter. :/

And come on, Abarai, you cant beat that guy alone. Lol

Brah Renji fights are the best it brute force and no bullshit my power is X or Y crap. Plus always cool see Renji get pissed in a fight plus Kubo has trolled him for years even worse with HM arc. Renji also has a new bankai or next level improved bankai dude is ready to fuck shit up

Too bad we won't also get to see Ukitake's bankai. Will we see Aizen's or Urahara's, I wonder?

Also, was Kenpachi's huge meat cleaver a bankai or a shikai?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Too bad we won't also get to see Ukitake's bankai. Will we see Aizen's or Urahara's, I wonder?

Also, was Kenpachi's huge meat cleaver a bankai or a shikai?

I am preeeetty sure Ukitake will come back. He's the perfect candidate for New Soul King, however much people might like Aizen for it. As-is his "death" was never really particularly explicit anyway, he's in kind of a nebulous state.

Kenpachi's was his shikai. And there's gonna have to be more to come for him too, since we gotta find out why Yachiru up and disappeared.

SoulUnison

Banned
Kyoraku Bankai!

Finally!
This *slightly* removes the sting of it being, like, 5 years since the manga kept teasing his Bankai by literally having Starrk try to force it out of him. What an incredible blue-ball "screw you" to the readers that fight ended up feeling like.

Now I'm just reminded how the top couple Espada mostly just went down like chumps.

I was never truly impressed with most of them for as threatening as they were supposed to be.

Chariot

I am convinced that Ukitake is swimming around within Yhwach, waiting for an opportunity to disrupt and annoy him, similar to Kimblee within Pride.

Kenpachi's was his shikai. And there's gonna have to be more to come for him too, since we gotta find out why Yachiru up and disappeared.
She was his sword, wasn't she?

Chariot

Well, that's a theory. But it has some problems, like her having her own zanpakutou with its own shikai.
I say it wasn't a real shikai. Somebody noted how weird it is that she summoned the creatures without the sword chanhing. If she were itself manisfestation her "shikai" could just making her manisfistation bigger and mire complex.

Chariot

It's fourth form is immense diarrhea from all the junk food that was eaten in agony and it's ultimate form expands on that by putting the victim in an awkward social situation where it's inappropriate to leave.

Mr Git

Disappointing really. After waiting so long for Kyoraku's bankai too. Looks like it'll be one of those single use ones.

phaze

I've no idea what happened. Kubo too stronk.

It seemed like Hidan's ability at first but it doesn't look like Kyouraku hurt himself.

Hystzen

Lol so now you both "drown" and whoever dies first loses.

Shunsui bankai is pure suicide you have be already wounded and badly dominated before activating bankai or it kills you. Due to him losing fight he now used bankai to troll and win shit he could have killed Aizen with this bankai

Chariot

Lol so now you both "drown" and whoever dies first loses.

Shunsui bankai is pure suicide you have be already wounded and badly dominated before activating bankai or it kills you. Due to him losing fight he now used bankai to troll and win shit he could have killed Aizen with this bankai
Eh, he would've accidental drowned Hinamori.

Radec

So his Bankai is like Hidan's from Naruto but with more environmental effects.

Any thing he do to ihmself will also be done to his enemies.

Has anyone ever done a statistic break down of how Bleach fights progress?

I have this ... weird feeling like there's a pattern of powers getting explained, ugly ass off-brand apple transformations & bankai reveals during fights.

Might just be me though.

Has anyone ever done a statistic break down of how Bleach fights progress?

I have this ... weird feeling like there's a pattern of powers getting explained, ugly ass off-brand apple transformations & bankai reveals during fights.

Might just be me though.
I'd rather not have the magic taken away from me lol

Top Bottom