• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Askin having another trump card is just annoying. Dude should have died after having his heart destroyed. And that's what I like about Grimmjow, "shut up and die already". It's so stupid when guys let the enemy bleeding to death and then he recovers sooner or later to fuck the plans.
Chapter is out guys

Loved Byakuya's reaction to hitsugaya's joke, that face.
Best part of the chapter. lol

A fight with Zaraki, Byakuya and Hitsugaya in one side caught my curiosity, Kubo.

Another great chapter, I'd say. Yeah, Urahara isn't dead yet, but at least he, Yourichi, and Grimmjow won't be left out without playing a big part in the final battles.

As for the Valkyrie... Hitsu-pachi-kuya gon give it to ya

Linkark07

Banned
Why can't Kubo just let these stupid quincies die and continue to the next fight?

Anyways, let's see how Hitsugaya, Byakuya and Kenpachi fight goes.

Well, to be fair, we didn't get to see the Yammy fight, so this is "new." I also wouldn't mind if Hitsugaya and Kenpachi steal a page from Vivi and Steiner's book and do an ice sword attack, while Byakuya accelerates Kenpachi's leap with his blade wind, like it's Rashid's V-Trigger.

Mr Git

A range of emotions from me for this chapter: huge facepalm at Askin's super final trump card that everyone expected and a flailing arms cheer for Kenpachi making others look rubbish as usual.

Khezu

It's hard to take Kenpachi seriously after he jobbed to that hand thing so hilariously bad.

Ice captain joke was pretty good.

Hystzen

Kenpachi here to bore everyone again which his boring slicing and slicing shit again. Kenpachi fights are easily the most boring fights in manga after his intro fight with Ichigo.

Chariot

Kenpachis fights are of the better ones, because the concept of just being too badass to be affected by all that convoluted crap is one of the few things that makes sense in this manga.

bjork

Kenpachi here to bore everyone again which his boring slicing and slicing shit again. Kenpachi fights are easily the most boring fights in manga after his intro fight with Ichigo.

I'll take his fights over pretty much every other fight in this series. The whole pattern of
- good guy pulls off strong move, bad guy appears dead
- bad guy pulls out some new power, good guy appears dead
- good guy pulls a bankai or whatever, bad guy appears dead
- bad guy pulls out an even more ultimate power, good guy appears to be dead
- some other good guy comes and saves the day

Bleach is
e46VtIF.gif

in manga form

Chariot

I'll take his fights over pretty much every other fight in this series. The whole pattern of

Bleach is
e46VtIF.gif

in manga form
Also worth mentioning that lately all the new powers just happen to be strangely specific counters to the previous power.

Khezu

All the powers are weird, obscure, and convoluted to hell and back.

Because Bleach has 8 billion characters, and for some reason everyone has to be a special snowflake with their own unique abilities and no power can ever overlap.

It's why I don't hate fire mohawk man as much as everyone else, because his powers were just shooting fireballs, it was a nice change of pace.

Mendrox

God this manga. I mean yes.. everybody thought that Urahara is a badass guy, but he seems totally broken with his foreseeing lol like every Bleach character...awh. I only "read" it for the art now. Loved Bleach back then when it was fresh and I started to read when they reached Soul Society the first time. x(

Bleach is
e46VtIF.gif

in manga form
Perfect gif. I hate the way Kubo writes his battles.

bjork

It's not Byakuya come on.

He's part of the supporting cast. He doesn't have the same status as Ichigo in this story, so making a call to him in that situation doesn't fit.

I guess we'll see. If Kubo suddenly makes a lady character somehow strong enough to factor into the endgame, I'd honestly be surprised after 600+ chapters of treating them as fodder.

Astral

I think the reason I'm so happy to see Kenpachi is because it means this stupid fight will end next chapter...hopefully. I really hope Urahara mentioning Rukia like that means that she has a really important role that we don't know about. It's also possible he only mentioned her because those two are OG heroes.

qcf x2

Ulquiorra

Hey, Kenpachi. You have my attention again, Bleach.

Grimmjow, Kenpachi. You guys love your 1 dimensional characters huh lol. Zaraki is either going to have to go bankai (which would be stupid) or he's gonna get beat down for the 3rd time in this arc (which would be quite a feat, to lose to mid tier, high tier and highest tier soldiers in the same arc). Nel getting involved is cool. Ruins the suspense of Urahara possibly dying (yeah right), but it will be interesting to see how she manages to survive the poison. There's no real way the shinigami left should be able to beat Valkyrie since there's no trump card bankai left, except... Kenny.

Kubo is using his plot devices up, so I think it's about time we see those lame Fullbringers again. The only one I remember is the book club dude who places himself in peoples memories, and I can see him being part of the battle against Haschwald.

Circling back to the Valkyrie fight, it may be a good place for Isshin to show up, with Ryuuken fighting either Haschwald or the big boss. Obviously Aizen is being saved for the final battle.

Urahara saying he's leaving it up to Kurosaki and Kuchiki

Rukia is still a character in this story?

Aha, I missed that. Urahara is a terrible dude, I wouldn't be surprised if he put some kind of Hogyoku 2.0 in one or both of them. And yeah it's def not Byakuya. Byakuya really has no role to play since he's only around so fans don't send death threats.

Kisuke was kinda out of character. Too serious and I wasn't expecting him to fall here.

I felt the Toshiro joke was out of character. It was good in a 4th wall kind of way, but not his style at all.

Astral

Ulquiorra

Grimmjow, Kenpachi. You guys love your 1 dimensional characters huh lol. Zaraki is either going to have to go bankai (which would be stupid) or he's gonna get beat down for the 3rd time in this arc (which would be quite a feat, to lose to mid tier, high tier and highest tier soldiers in the same arc). Nel getting involved is cool. Ruins the suspense of Urahara possibly dying (yeah right), but it will be interesting to see how she manages to survive the poison. There's no real way the shinigami left should be able to beat Valkyrie since there's no trump card bankai left, except... Kenny.

Kubo is using his plot devices up, so I think it's about time we see those lame Fullbringers again. The only one I remember is the book club dude who places himself in peoples memories, and I can see him being part of the battle against Haschwald.

Circling back to the Valkyrie fight, it may be a good place for Isshin to show up, with Ryuuken fighting either Haschwald or the big boss. Obviously Aizen is being saved for the final battle.

Hirako's there too. I expected him to defeat the Valkyrie but that looks unlikely now that Kenpachi has shown up. If Kubo is smart, he won't have Kenpachi whip out a bankai out of nowhere and will just have the three defeat the Valkyrie in some creative way (lol). I can so see Kenpachi using bankai though. I don't think it would be too out of character for him to pull it out of his ass. If he does it better not be at the end of the fucking chapter.

Obviously Aizen is being saved for the final battle.
I'm going to be contrarian and say that Aizen is the trump card for the valkyrie. The other strong captains will give it their all and lose, and Aizen will show them how it's done. The reason I don't think he'll be in the final is because there shouldn't be anyone there who can outshine Ichigo. Isshin and Ryuken will likely help Uryu with Haschwalt, and then they will probably throw everyone left at Ywach.

Rukia's role is probably to lend Ichigo some more of her power, like she did at the very beginning of the series.

Chariot

I don't like Grimmjow.
I do like Kenpachi, because there isn't much Kubo can fuck up with him, because he is so onedimensional (and yet he somehow did). In fact I like all borderline evil characters among the Shinigami because they have a nice flavour that enables me to enjoy their simple, yet engaging characters. I don't know, probably the same reason I enjoyed Deadmen Wonderland, Mirai Nikki and Hellsing. I just love slasherfaces and people who go over the mental edge all the time.

qcf x2

Hirako's there too. I expected him to defeat the Valkyrie but that looks unlikely now that Kenpachi has shown up. If Kubo is smart, he won't have Kenpachi whip out a bankai out of nowhere and will just have the three defeat the Valkyrie in some creative way (lol). I can so see Kenpachi using bankai though. I don't think it would be too out of character for him to pull it out of his ass. If he does it better not be at the end of the fucking chapter.

I can see that. The fullbringers still have a part to play though! Unless bookclub dude messes with Aizen's memories and convinces him to be a good little soul king. Plz don't do it, Kubo.

I'm going to be contrarian and say that Aizen is the trump card for the valkyrie. The other strong captains will give it their all and lose, and Aizen will show them how it's done. The reason I don't think he'll be in the final is because there shouldn't be anyone there who can outshine Ichigo. Isshin and Ryuken will likely help Uryu with Haschwalt, and then they will probably throw everyone left at Ywach.

Rukia's role is probably to lend Ichigo some more of her power, like she did at the very beginning of the series.

That would be hard, because once the cat is out of the bag he's going to do whatever he wants until they figure a way to get him installed as the new CPU, I mean soul king

I don't like Grimmjow.
I do like Kenpachi, because there isn't much Kubo can fuck up with him, because he is so onedimensional (and yet he somehow did). In fact I like all borderline evil characters among the Shinigami because they have a nice flavour that enables me to enjoy their simple, yet engaging characters. I don't know, probably the same reason I enjoyed Deadmen Wonderland, Mirai Nikki and Hellsing. I just love slasherfaces and people who go over the mental edge all the time.

It's all good, I definitely understand.

Here's what I think is gonna ultimately happen in the final battle: Ichigo and Ishida are gonna team up. Aizen will stall Yhwach by basically fighting to a stalemate so the kids can get prep time, Ishida is gonna do that 1 time use technique he did against Mayuri in the SS arc (which apparently only the Ishida quincies can do). Ichigo is gonna go final getsuga at the same time. Somehow that's all gonna warp reality itself and Yhwach will be "sealed". I agree w/ Septimus Prime in that I think Ryuuken will deal with Haschwald either right before or in the meantime.

Eusis

Grimmjow should have remained dead. So should Harribel.

Anyone remember Harribel?
From the original fight? Yeah, seems like having Grimmjow around was kind of pointless (man, and I remember reading spec way way back figuring that he'd return as a good guy. Guess they were right... after like 5+ years) though it'd have been kind of pointless to go and off him from the first attack of Askin after bringing him back anyway.

And Harribel, good god, it's like she's there just to show Yhwach has an S&M dungeon for arrancars.

Radec

Lets just hope in the next chapter Byakuya and Hitsugaya won't interfere and just talk in the sideline.

Kenpachi got this.

Top Bottom