• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Oi. Don't post that without the follow up scene.

AN6AvkF.png

It's a mysterious zanpakutou then.

1404930963856.jpg

Astral

I don't get it. How can a Zanpakuto have a Zanpakuto? And was Kenpachi's Shikai is really just a big butcher knife? It had no special ability?

L.O.R.D

Oi. Don't post that without the follow up scene.

AN6AvkF.png

hmm,i don't get it,you mean i should put it in spoiler? ok, sorry about that

yah, i noticed the sword is still not changed.

I don't get it. How can a Zanpakuto have a Zanpakuto? And was Kenpachi's Shikai is really just a big butcher knife? It had no special ability?

maybe those two are not skikai,maybe they are dead hollow that zarakai killed them in the past and they are following her all the time,

Chariot

They simple answer is, that those two dudes can't be Yashiru's Zanpakuto, because the Zanpakuto is the sword. If the sword doesn't do anything it's fake. Yashiru created them from herself, they are part of the Zanpakuto that is Kenpachis.

They simple answer is, that those two dudes can't be Yashiru's Zanpakuto, because the Zanpakuto is the sword. If the sword doesn't do anything it's fake. Yashiru created them from herself, they are part of the Zanpakuto that is Kenpachis.

This is like cheating the plot (not criticizing you, but Kubo). That's Bleach, yeah.

Eusis

Maybe Yachiru was the pre-existing imprint and was manifested by Kenpachi? But he had that sword as a kid... Maybe he just unknowingly reached bankai and she didn't understand either, or she did but he named her and so she didn't work properly for a long, long time.

It'll probably make more sense if those hollow things show up as part of his bankai next week.

EDIT: Then there is imagination motherfucker who could maybe have expected a proper shinigami and just imagined she could manifest a shikai?

Astral

Oh I get it now. That's actually pretty cool. It's nice to see that this is something Kubo had planned from the beginning. I was also watching an early Hueco Mundo arc episode and it seems that Ichigo's mom being a Quincy might have been planned for a while too, otherwise why would Isshin and Ryuken know each other so well?

Kain

So the decade old theory of Yachiru being Kenny's Zanpaktou finally came true?

Kubo might be browsing old 2chan or something. Next it will be OrihimexSado and RukiaxIshida. At this point, why the fuck not?

I like how they described this giant dude's powers (seriously what's his name?) as completely nonsense. No need to try hard at this point I guess.

qcf x2

Not surprising.
Yachiru being his Zanpaktou
has been called so many times. Not even amazing. It just goes to show that Kubo has truly ran out of creative steam. Time to let Bleach go. He should hurry it up.
It was called so many times because it's been foreshadowed since the 2nd arc of the series. Sheesh the rare time Kubo does something right and people just whine about it.

I mean, I'd be disappointed if he got anything other than a bigger sword, even for his bankai. This is a guy who thinks kidou is embarrassing and lives to chop things up. I'm kind of expecting his bankai to be either something that cuts anything (like the Royal Guard member Oetsu's) or to be a blade that is the size of a skyscraper.

As someone who isn't a huge fan of Zaraki, I thought it was dope that he basically went in to sacrifice himself for the team.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Sheesh the rare time Kubo does something right and people just whine about it.

Because it made more sense before Yachiru was shown to have a zanpakuto with a release of its own. Now there's gotta be some kind of convoluted story to explain that part away.

Joni

Because it made more sense before Yachiru was shown to have a zanpakuto with a release of its own. Now there's gotta be some kind of convoluted story to explain that part away.

We have seen Ichigo's inner 'hollow' use his Shikai. It might be a situation like that.

Chariot

Nobody said it was a Zanpaku. Yashiru never made one of the calls. She used it without anyone recognizing, only said it's name and let it appear when she was asked about what she did. Isane just assumed it was a shikai and even then she had doubts.

Quick aside: man, Squad Zero was such a joke. It feels like they are even more disappointing than ever now, now that the regular captains are holding their own and winning fights against these dudes who took them all out.

Eusis

Quick aside: man, Squad Zero was such a joke. It feels like they are even more disappointing than ever now, now that the regular captains are holding their own and winning fights against these dudes who took them all out.
Would've probably worked better if they were recovered, patched up, and were assisting the captains. As is, wow, Kubo loves to build up characters then collapse in favor of his standbys.

Ashodin

I think Kenpachi had already achieved Bankai level power, but couldn't access it.

He needed his shikai first before being able to get to it, imo.

So here he was with his Bankai manifesting itself as a companion from his sword this whole time, but he couldn't access its power because he couldn't hear his sword's name.

I expect the Bankai's name to have Yachiru in it

Chariot

I think Kenpachi had already achieved Bankai level power, but couldn't access it.

He needed his shikai first before being able to get to it, imo.

So here he was with his Bankai manifesting itself as a companion from his sword this whole time, but he couldn't access its power because he couldn't hear his sword's name.

I expect the Bankai's name to have Yachiru in it
It's literally just Yashiru. He takes her by the legs and beats the enemy to a bloody pulp.

That's the tipping point? Not the fact that she was part of the gotei 13 as a lieutenant for thousands of years?

Yachiru being Kenpachi's sword was always going to have this problem.

Eusis

That's the tipping point? Not the fact that she was part of the gotei 13 as a lieutenant for thousands of years?

It was probably only decades wow that's still way too long it must be easier to be a captain or lieutenant for the Gotei 13 than to get a job at McDonalds.

McDonalds even had a higher end anime.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

Yachiru physically manifesting herself as a person that other people could interact with was weird, but it wasn't unheard of. I'm pretty sure Zangetsu was present in the flesh during some of Ichigo's underground training in Soul Society. Although that was ages ago, and my memory might be failing me.

Eusis

Yachiru physically manifesting herself as a person that other people could interact with was weird, but it wasn't unheard of. I'm pretty sure Zangetsu was present in the flesh during some of Ichigo's underground training in Soul Society. Although that was ages ago, and my memory might be failing me.
That was using something that literally let a zanpakuto physically manifest.

That was induced through the use of Urahara's "Bankai in a jiffy" tool, though.

Also, Yachiru had her own memories of growing up in Soul Society before even meeting Kenpachi. Zanpakuto avatars manifesting in the real world is something that's only supposed to happen once you've formed a relationship with them and learned to use Shikai to it's full potential. Which couldn't have been possible when Yachiru has been a surrogate daughter to him for years, while he didn't even realize he had an actual Shikai until a couple of months ago.

I didn't buy into the "Yachiru is his Zanpakuto" theory because it doesn't line up with anything we know about how Zanpakuto work. It still doesn't make any sense now that it's canon.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
was that mentioned before Yammy revealed himself?

There was an entire fandom about Yammy that ironically hyped him up as the secret strongest espada (due to his nature as a jobber), based on a ridiculous reveal of the 1 dissapearing revealing him to be the 0 (cero espada), fandom was called the Knights of Yammy on narutofan and everyone changed their signatures to "Kubo tite trolled my fandom" after it actually happened.

It was just so ridiculous, I litterally burst out laughing when it happened. Never did I imagine Kubo would actually do that entirely non serious and completely riduclous reveal.

There was an entire fandom about Yammy that ironically hyped him up as the secret strongest espada (due to his nature as a jobber), based on a ridiculous reveal of the 1 dissapearing revealing him to be the 0 (cero espada), fandom was called the Knights of Yammy on narutofan and everyone changed their signatures to "Kubo tite trolled my fandom" after it actually happened.

It was just so ridiculous, I litterally burst out laughing when it happened. Never did I imagine Kubo would actually do that entirely non serious and completely riduclous reveal.

lmao

Indeed, that was probably a top 5 of trashy decisions in Bleach.

Top Bottom