• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Kain

I never thought I would say this, but I'm not hyped for Urahara's Bankai, not even a little bit. His ability will be something that counteracts perfectly this other guy's (don't know and don't care for his name) ability point for point and that's it.

Nairume

Banned
This chapter was a whole lot of nothing
It has stuff. Just nothing unpredictable.

Macklemore has the perfect counter to Yoruichi's perfect counter to his perfect counter. Urahara unleashes his new bankai which will be the perfect counter to Macklemore's perfect counter to Yoruichi's perfect counter to his perfect counter.

Linkark07

Banned
Bankai.

Finally some new bankai to see.

Now only Bankai left for me to see is Aizen's.

Forgot Shini and Yoruichi (doubt we will see the last one).

Is this the first time Urahara has been really pissed off? Dont remember. Anyways, lets see what his bankai does and then decide if it will be disappointing or worth the wait.

Viridian6

So Askin's motivation is that he's the "mad scientist" of the Vandenreich? Kind of disappointing.

He's been acting more like a typical arrogant Bleach villain this fight, so his number's up soon anyway.

Also, I don't even remember Kisuke's Shikai at all lol.

Astral

It has stuff. Just nothing unpredictable.

Macklemore has the perfect counter to Yoruichi's perfect counter to his perfect counter. Urahara unleashes his new bankai which will be the perfect counter to Macklemore's perfect counter to Yoruichi's perfect counter to his perfect counter.

This is what I'm afraid of. Bleach does this way too much. It's stupid. The last interesting Bankai we got was the Squad Zero captain's Bankai. Shunsui's was all hype but in the end a disappointment because it was just a bunch of random, broken abilities. It was refreshing that it wasn't an instant win though but then Nanao ruined it with her broken Shikai. I think only Shinji's and Aizen's are left and I have such high hopes for those. They have the most interesting abilities imo. Oh and Ichigo I guess but fuck Ichigo.

EDIT:
So Askin's motivation is that he's the "mad scientist" of the Vandenreich? Kind of disappointing.

He's been acting more like a typical arrogant Bleach villain this fight, so his number's up soon anyway.

This was pretty disappointing too. Askin's personality was completely different in this chapter. Everyone thought he had something up his sleeve but it was nothing.

This is what I'm afraid of. Bleach does this way too much. It's stupid. The last interesting Bankai we got was the Squad Zero captain's Bankai. Shunsui's was all hype but in the end a disappointment because it was just a bunch of random, broken abilities. It was refreshing that it wasn't an instant win though but then Nanao ruined it with her broken Shikai. I think only Shinji's and Aizen's are left and I have such high hopes for those. They have the most interesting abilities imo. Oh and Ichigo I guess but fuck Ichigo.

EDIT:

This was pretty disappointing too. Askin's personality was completely different in this chapter. Everyone thought he had something up his sleeve but it was nothing.
Shinji's bankai is the upside-down, backwards world that reverses everything. He used it against Aizen and then got wrecked because it was Aizen. I also doubt Aizen's bankai will be any better than his shikai. Maybe it's just his shikai, except you don't need to see if beforehand.

As for Urahara, I'll bet his bankai is emptiness or something. It'll be an attack with no reiatsu, which is how it will beat Askin, as well as why he told Chad it wasn't suitable for reiatsu training purposes. Either that, or it will be an attack that cannot be guarded, which, again, is why it couldn't be used for training.

"by the way, I'm going to share with you the properties of my Vollstandig"

Fuck this.

And Askin's motivations are dumb.

But despite that, Urahara's bankai is coming, not gonna put my expectations high but I hope its ability is convincing and we have a decent fight at least.

Shinji's bankai is the upside-down, backwards world that reverses everything. He used it against Aizen and then got wrecked because it was Aizen.

That was Shinji's shikai ability.

Radec

Yeah that was just his shikai. Which was a poor mans Kyoka Suigetsu.

Not really excited to see Shinji's Bankai as well.

Jarnet87

I never thought I would say this, but I'm not hyped for Urahara's Bankai, not even a little bit. His ability will be something that counteracts perfectly this other guy's (don't know and don't care for his name) ability point for point and that's it.

I thought it was one of the most underwhelming lead ups to a bankai in the series.

Are characters in the Bleach world forced to explain their powers to their opponent?

Yes.

qcf x2

Not really mad scientist, more like "smarter than everybody else and bored because of it," which, while a recurring theme itself, is less common and more realistic.

Askin is the best Bleach villain since Aizen, and this was a great chapter even without Urahara going bankai. Speaking of... anybody catch the foreshadowing w/ Askin....ASKIN' Urahara if he knew of anybody else who had a vision for reshaping the world(s)? Clearly the main character of the series, one Aizen Sousuke, fits the bill. There's probably some preexisting connection or some upcoming connection between the two.

Urahara Cheesecake's shikai is apparently just a magic hat. He can fire an energy beam, some explosive nets, a cero, ...no idea what his bankai is gonna do, but I'm gonna assume it has something to do w/ absorbing the entirety of a being's soul (ignoring reiatsu) or something to that effect.

Viridian6

Not really mad scientist, more like "smarter than everybody else and bored because of it," which, while a recurring theme itself, is less common and more realistic.

Askin is the best Bleach villain since Aizen, and this was a great chapter even without Urahara going bankai. Speaking of... anybody catch the foreshadowing w/ Askin....ASKIN' Urahara if he knew of anybody else who had a vision for reshaping the world(s)? Clearly the main character of the series, one Aizen Sousuke, fits the bill. There's probably some preexisting connection or some upcoming connection between the two.

Urahara Cheesecake's shikai is apparently just a magic hat. He can fire an energy beam, some explosive nets, a cero, ...no idea what his bankai is gonna do, but I'm gonna assume it has something to do w/ absorbing the entirety of a being's soul (ignoring reiatsu) or something to that effect.

I guess so, but until now he's been acting like a guy half-assing his job, and this comes out of nowhere.

Heh, who did Urahara even use his Shikai on?

Eusis

I actually kind of like Askin's reasoning, but then that's kind of been my thought process as a reader. The only real questions are what's left after Soul King's killed (well, not anymore)/Yhwach's defeated.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I actually kind of like Askin's reasoning, but then that's kind of been my thought process as a reader. The only real questions are what's left after Soul King's killed (well, not anymore)/Yhwach's defeated.

Aizen becomes the new imprisoned soul king.

I always had the impression that the old one basically had no free will of his own and was basically just being used by the shinigami, anyway.

dpunk3

Shinji's bankai is the upside-down, backwards world that reverses everything. He used it against Aizen and then got wrecked because it was Aizen. I also doubt Aizen's bankai will be any better than his shikai. Maybe it's just his shikai, except you don't need to see if beforehand.

As for Urahara, I'll bet his bankai is emptiness or something. It'll be an attack with no reiatsu, which is how it will beat Askin, as well as why he told Chad it wasn't suitable for reiatsu training purposes. Either that, or it will be an attack that cannot be guarded, which, again, is why it couldn't be used for training.

This. I am under the strict impression that Askin was made entirely to show off Urahara's bankai. Tite had in mind what he wanted for Benihime, and then decided to make a character with abilities that Kisuke could directly counter.

This. I am under the strict impression that Askin was made entirely to show off Urahara's bankai. Tite had in mind what he wanted for Benihime, and then decided to make a character with abilities that Kisuke could directly counter.

So pretty much how he treats every fight then?

Astral

Week-long break announced due to Kubo suddenly feeling ill. Feel better Kubo! Come back with more nonsense next week!

Bleach isn't on a break. This is just some Kyoka Suigetsu bullshit. Next chapter, Urahara will be dead and Ichigo was Askin.

Loved seeing that Pantera. Need more Grimmjow pls. Kisuke's bankai is nice as well. Seeing as how he is scientist/doctor of sorts, it suits him.

Hystzen

That was legit chapter didn't spend a chapter waffling about what power the bankai is just showed you. That Grimmjow fatality at end was amazing

Mr Git

That was fun. Did he "restructure" his hand to make his sword attack stronger?

Yeah I didn't quite get that bit. Also from memory I only remember one of Urahara's eyes exploding. Enjoyed the chapter and bankai though, and it does seem there could be more to it. Askin's gonna counter and extra god mode though, isn't he.

Joni

Why not restructure Yoroichi to do the kill instead of GrimmJow?
Okay, it wouldn't be as cool but it would make a bit more sense.

And you couldn't help Ichigo with this bankai because
It is not really an attack type, it is a support one.

Eusis

Why not restructure Yoroichi to do the kill instead of GrimmJow?
Okay, it wouldn't be as cool but it would make a bit more sense.
It does bring (very belated) closure to his hunt though. Grimmjow started hunting him down, got put to sleep for awhile, came back to complete the hunt.

And perhaps to show he really didn't die/get out out of commission THAT easily.

Top Bottom