• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Well, I'm surprised it didn't cut the dude yet. Wasn't its special ability to cut through everything?

I'm pretty sure that's something Zaraki just said off offhandedly and fans just ran with. It's like in One Piece when Zoro said the same thing during Dressrosa and people seriously thought he was telling the truth, until Birdcage came into play and he was unable to cut through it.

His Zanpakuto ability hasn't been revealed yet, if it even has one.

That big dude's sword would be useful for testing all the "cut through anything" abilities. Kenpachi, Tsukishima, Yamamoto, whose ability cuts deepest?

Chariot

Thinking about it. Kenpachi had two female characters sacrified for really no development at all. And yet, ironically, Orihime wasn't yet thrown under the bus this arc.

Astral

I'm watching the episode where Ichigo fights his inner Hollow to take control of it and Kubo needs to stop taking shit out of his ass. We now know that the true Zangetsu was his Hollow all along and that the old man was just Yhawch's presence trying to influence Ichigo but he grew to care for him or whatever. If that's the case then why the fuck had his Hollow been trying to take complete control of Ichigo and even trying to kill him? The guy wanted Ichigo completely out of the picture.

"If you leave me even the slightest opening, I'll toss you out and stomp on your skull!"

He's his Zanpakuto and he says something like that? Cotdamn. Is he just a giant asshole? It's such a dumb reveal.

Eusis

My best guess is that Hollowification can make zanpakuto go berserk until they reach some level of balance, and his actions there were of that berserk aspect while Quincy Zangetsu wouldn't really be affected due to being a conflicting source entirely.

Of course that's probably just how Kubo rationalized it after the fact when initially he really was just a crazy Hollow.

I'm watching the episode where Ichigo fights his inner Hollow to take control of it and Kubo needs to stop taking shit out of his ass. We now know that the true Zangetsu was his Hollow all along and that the old man was just Yhawch's presence trying to influence Ichigo but he grew to care for him or whatever. If that's the case then why the fuck had his Hollow been trying to take complete control of Ichigo and even trying to kill him? The guy wanted Ichigo completely out of the picture.

"If you leave me even the slightest opening, I'll toss you out and stomp on your skull!"

He's his Zanpakuto and he says something like that? Cotdamn. Is he just a giant asshole? It's such a dumb reveal.

I don't see these things making much sense either. I believe the whole thing with Yhwach being tossed in this inner conflict as some sort of a retcon.

Astral

I don't see these things making much sense either. I believe the whole thing with Yhwach being tossed in this inner conflict as some sort of a retcon.

It wouldn't be the first retcon. I'm pretty sure it was implied that the reason Ichigo has an inner Hollow is because he almost became one when he was training with Urahara to get his Shinigami powers back. Now it's because his mom got infected by a Hollow and he inherited it which is hilariously bad.

Eusis

It wouldn't be the first retcon. I'm pretty sure it was implied that the reason Ichigo has an inner Hollow is because he almost became one when he was training with Urahara to get his Shinigami powers back. Now it's because his mom got infected by a Hollow and he inherited it which is hilariously bad.
It was hinted at with the Fullbring origins, but it could have easily been rationalized as a trace of that Hollowification that was still lingering.

But nope, change shit more!

So, Unohana died so he could learn his shikai? Really?

Oh, and he explained his powers to the enemy again. And Kubo even tried to justify that again lol.

Yado

How can sword have a shinkai that is not itself?

If she's any part of his sword I think this development is really stupid and I don't like it. Didn't he find her as an orphan?

Unless the explanation is that she was inadvertently storing his power and is now returning it.

Chariot

If she's any part of his sword I think this development is really stupid and I don't like it. Didn't he find her as an orphan?

Unless the explanation is that she was inadvertently storing his power and is now returning it.
Bleach 114:4 to 114:6

Little Yachiru is suddenly next to Kenpachi, touching his bloodstained sword. Dead bodies lie around him. Kenpachi himself wonders where she came from.

"Kid, what's your name?"
"..."
"You don't have one? Neither do I."

My guess is that similar to Starrk he was just kinda lonely and manifested the sword without realizing it.

Also this:
izTkJuM.png

It gets more interested after knowing who she is and that she watched. Of course she would see it as unfair 2 on 1 fight, when she didn't actually fight with Kenpachi.

Slayven

The idea of Yachiru being the sword is around longer than the war. Of course, it delivered a lot more hints.

Shitttt I say it is one of Bleach's oldest theories. People were saying that back when Dattebyo was still subbing.....

That makes me feel old

Yado

Bleach 114:4 to 114:6

Little Yachiru is suddenly next to Kenpachi, touching his bloodstained sword. Dead bodies lie around him. Kenpachi himself wonders where she came from.

"Kid, what's your name?"
"..."
"You don't have one? Neither do I."

My guess is that similar to Starrk he was just kinda lonely and manifested the sword without realizing it.

Also this:

It gets more interested after knowing who she is and that she watched. Of course she would see it as unfair 2 on 1 fight, when she didn't actually fight with Kenpachi.

With her own Zan & Shikai too?

Not surprising.
Yachiru being his Zanpaktou
has been called so many times. Not even amazing. It just goes to show that Kubo has truly ran out of creative steam. Time to let Bleach go. He should hurry it up.

Top Bottom