• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Kenpachi's Bankai is boring and makes no sense. How does it work? Does it nullify other people's abilities or something? It doesn't even look that cool

Eusis

Probably just a demon against an angel really. Countering in theme this time? I suppose becoming a wild demon suits Kenpachi though.

IbukiLordSA

Damn only bad thing about this is that it won't be animated anytime soon.

Kenpachi is a beast, he opened the 8 gates to just go f stuff up. It's a fitting ability for him.

Eusis

I mean it does I guess, but it's still boring as fuck. As has been said, his ability is just to be himself, but more so
For a guy all about obscene brute force I'm not really sure what to do but make it look as wild/crazy/badass as possible.

And sorry, a little groggy right now.

Chariot

For a guy all about obscene brute force I'm not really sure what to do but make it look as wild/crazy/badass as possible.

And sorry, a little groggy right now.
Parity. Something that makes the fight fair. Disabling all powers and making the stronger combatant as weak as the weaker. Even if the combatant is Kenpachi himself.

It would fit to give him always a challenge and reduce broke enemy powers so he would have a chance. That would fit him and would give something interesting as a bankai.

Eusis

Ok, but it doesn't actually look that cool

Parity. Something that makes the fight fair. Disabling all powers and making the stronger combatant as weak as the weaker. Even if the combatant is Kenpachi himself.

It would fit to give him always a challenge and reduce broke enemy powers so he would have a chance. That would fit him and would give something interesting as a bankai.
Can't refute these points! Kenpachi is at his best while struggling, or at least having one absurd moment of being overpowered to cap it all off, and nothing can beat "Guess I have to use two hands" due to pure simplicity and the absurdity of the return that yielded.
Kenpachi turns into Oni from looks of it with that close up of face. It looks exact same as ichigos old one
That was my thought too and fits better for a counterpoint if that's what Kubo wanted. The "foreign" devil versus the "local" angel.

I'm kinda skeptical that this will actually kill M. So far Bisection hasn't actually proved particularly fatal to most of the Elite 4 , Askin's the only one that's died of pure physical damage.

Syntsui

Kenpachi went full Necalli. I expect Kubo to break his fuckery cycle and finish this fight quickly, without the ''ohh I have this other form, oh I have this other power''. Kenpachi as a character deserves this kind of raw win.

But again, this is Bleach, and of course nothing pleasant will come out of it.

Kain

Now the bad guy will counter attack, then he will kick Ken-chan's ass, then someone will come to the rescue aaaaaan the cycle repeats

Eusis

Now the bad guy will counter attack, then he will kick Ken-chan's ass, then someone will come to the rescue aaaaaan the cycle repeats
Maybe Yachiru just physically manifests then and completely murders the guy while staying the tiniest humanoid character in all of Bleach.

Would be a refreshing change on the usual gender dynamic going on! While reinforcing the trope of the little girl being scarier than anything else.

Joni

If the chapter ends like this? Please.
He can kick giant ass some more, that is fine, but I don't want to have some ass-pull and then Kenpachi having his ass kicked and going back and forth like usual. Just have Kenpachi immediately dominate the ass-pull because he still is that much stronger.

We can agree that Kenpachi's bankai makes no sense. His shikai was already way OP destroying an asteroid. Now he destroys a giant sized angel. Come now Kubo.

I like how dude conveniently put his sword down so Zaraki could get the advantage without being susceptible to the sword's special ability. Then again, I'm sure this Bankai has an ability that would have allowed Zaraki to bypass it anyhow.

We can agree that Kenpachi's bankai makes no sense. His shikai was already way OP destroying an asteroid. Now he destroys a giant sized angel. Come now Kubo.

I dunno in some ways its the very essence of Shonen: a determined imbecile is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> skill.

Is that what happened? I thought he just yelled and it blew off like Kyuubi Naruto/Goku arrived on planet namek stuff

I read the chapter quickly, but it looked like Kenny bit onto Gerard's hand when G tried to land a punch, and Kenny proceeded to rip off the arm with his teeth

EDIT: Hopefully Gerard is done, and next week will be a crisis where the Shinigami have troubles controlling Oni-pachi

Gerard's ability is "miracle", right? If that makes sense, he would receive a new power up now.

But I believe the intention is to show that there is no miracle against Zaraki's bankai.

Gerard's ability is "miracle", right? If that makes sense, he would receive a new power up now.

But I believe the intention is to show that there is no miracle against Zaraki's bankai.

There's really no winning here.

Kenpachi wins after this: boring ass conclusion and uninventive counter to the miracle power, pure brute force.

Gerard survives: Another powerup chapter ending in a fake out death, after like 300 times I'm sick of those.

Cool. So Zaraki's bankai is of the same nature as Ichigo's, as was speculated many years ago when the the swords remained in a weird half-shikai state. I wonder if he has an inner hollow and an inner quincy as well

Syntsui

This ''miracle'' power is so underwhelming compared to the ''imagination'' power of the other guy that Kenpachi already slaughtered. I don't see how Kubo will make this fight interesting.

Eh I'm glad Ken's bankai is straight up simple berserker shit, it fits him perfectly

In other news WEN IZEN, bring the only good part of Bleach back already

qcf x2

That's a little too much like what Unohana, err, Yachiru, err, Yachiru Unohana did when she kept killing then reviving Kenny. Also, I think that's kind of too similar to Haschwald's balance ability.

In b4 he can't control the beast and kill Hitsugaya and Byakuya as well.

His face looks like Hollow Ichigo.

That would be great. Kubo brought them back and they signed their own death warrants with that "short on time" stuff, but little did they know it would be Zaraki Kenpachi who killed them for good.

Although I hope Kubo forgets about them, this would be a good place for Tsukishima to show up, stab Valkyrie, implant false memories into the soul king's heart. Then Valkyrie no longer has loyalty to Yhwach but fights Zaraki to the death anyway because they're both alpha.

Maybe Yachiru just physically manifests then and completely murders the guy while staying the tiniest humanoid character in all of Bleach.

Would be a refreshing change on the usual gender dynamic going on! While reinforcing the trope of the little girl being scarier than anything else.

Maybe Yachiru turns into / brings back Unohana and she picks up the slack. It would be a nice trend reversal and even I like seeing two Kenpachis fighting but it won't happen.

Soifon's Bankai was perfect for her character.

Agreed. It was a well written bankai, even if it didn't off anybody on its own.

Eh I'm glad Ken's bankai is straight up simple berserker shit, it fits him perfectly

In other news WEN IZEN, bring the only good part of Bleach back already

Makes no sense to free him before the fight against Yhwach himself. I mean it does, because he could get him while he's in dreamland, but from a manga standpoint Aizen is stronger/more broken than anyone up to and possibly including the quincy boss. I wanna see a 50 chapter Aizen/Yhwach RPG spell spam trollapalooza to end this series.

If he does fight, Aizen is going to get stomped by Yhwach--not because he's weaker, but just to show us how strong Yhwach is and how hopeless the situation is before they win.

Top Bottom