• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aizen's bankai might fuck everything up to an extreme degree.

A three way battle between Yhwach, Aizen and the good guys would be cool.

I've always tried to generalize Aizen's bankai. What could it be that fits with the theme? Nearly every bankai has kept to the theme (Ichigo being the weirdest), so how broken is Aizen's?

Radec

Since when you guys are under the impression that Aizen isn't the final boss here?

If he does fight, Aizen is going to get stomped by Yhwach--not because he's weaker, but just to show us how strong Yhwach is and how hopeless the situation is before they win.

They already know how powerful Yhwach is when he killed Yamamoto, the Royal Guards, and absorbing the Soul King.

Killing Aizen won't top that since they know Aizen is weaker than Yhwach.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aizen's bankai is probably mass hypnosis. To the point where it can create a fake reality or something. Or even make his false perceptions become real, which could theoretically bring back the dead or do all sorts of other really powerful God-like (literally) stuff.

I hope that the anime starts again when the manga ends.

Chariot

At the very least he can play a vital role disabling the divine sight abiliy. He was already bad for people with two eyes. But someone with likeca gazillion? He can probably hypnotise him from the future back into the past.

I've always tried to generalize Aizen's bankai. What could it be that fits with the theme? Nearly every bankai has kept to the theme (Ichigo being the weirdest), so how broken is Aizen's?

We have never seen Ichigo's real Bankai. Hell it wasn't till recently that Renji's true Bankai was revealed.

I'm more curious if the Orihime plotline will come to fruition this arc or it will be buried due to Kubo caving to editorial pressure and sweeping it under the ending for Bleach.

Isn't Aizens zanpakutou gone? He might only have hogyoku powers these days. We might never see that bankai.

We've seen Aizen use his hypnosis abilities on Ywach (when they had to leave the first time). And there's been some hints here and there that a Zanpaktou's abilities ultimately come from the Shinigami with the Asagauchi acting as a focus / channel before (eg Tousen's resurrection is a play on his Zanpaktou's name, and the elemental Zan wielders like Toshiro and Yama have some ability even with sealed weapons (Yama) / no weapon (Toshiro in his back story). So perhaps Aizen's Zan wasn't so much lost as absorbed into him.

We have never seen Ichigo's real Bankai. Hell it wasn't till recently that Renji's true Bankai was revealed.

I'm more curious if the Orihime plotline will come to fruition this arc or it will be buried due to Kubo caving to editorial pressure and sweeping it under the ending for Bleach.

Right, true. So maybe Ichigo's will keep to some theme as well.

I just can't imagine Aizen's bankai.

qcf x2

If he does fight, Aizen is going to get stomped by Yhwach--not because he's weaker, but just to show us how strong Yhwach is and how hopeless the situation is before they win.

I doubt it. Aizen is clearly Kubo's favorite character. I envision this being something like the penultimate fight in Claymore (not gonna spoil anything). Well, I guess I can tag it:
two beings of absurd, godly strength essentially fighting to a stalemate until one finally gets the edge.

Since when you guys are under the impression that Aizen isn't the final boss here?

They already know how powerful Yhwach is when he killed Yamamoto, the Royal Guards, and absorbing the Soul King.

Killing Aizen won't top that since they know Aizen is weaker than Yhwach.

Not necessarily. Dude is somehow way stronger now, as evidenced by his reiatsu alone destroying things. Plus he's still got the hogyoku, something Yhwach does not. If it sees Yhwach as a higher evolutionary form, he will evolve. IF he manages to not get drunk on power again, he'd be able to beat Yhwach with his smarts and that shikai. You can have all the power in the world, but if you've seen it once you're living a lie.

I mean, Gremmy's is the most natural comparison but that lost to a shikai. I guess his bankai might be essentially a bigger scale version, a world of absolute hypnosis where it's not just one situation per person being affected. Though if the suggestions are true that he merged with his zanpaktou, all bets are off.

Aizen's bankai is probably mass hypnosis. To the point where it can create a fake reality or something. Or even make his false perceptions become real, which could theoretically bring back the dead or do all sorts of other really powerful God-like (literally) stuff.

I hope that the anime starts again when the manga ends.

Yeah, basically this.

I doubt it. Aizen is clearly Kubo's favorite character. I envision this being something like the penultimate fight in Claymore (not gonna spoil anything). Well, I guess I can tag it:
two beings of absurd, godly strength essentially fighting to a stalemate until one finally gets the edge.

Not necessarily. Dude is somehow way stronger now, as evidenced by his reiatsu alone destroying things. Plus he's still got the hogyoku, something Yhwach does not. If it sees Yhwach as a higher evolutionary form, he will evolve. IF he manages to not get drunk on power again, he'd be able to beat Yhwach with his smarts and that shikai. You can have all the power in the world, but if you've seen it once you're living a lie.

I mean, Gremmy's is the most natural comparison but that lost to a shikai. I guess his bankai might be essentially a bigger scale version, a world of absolute hypnosis where it's not just one situation per person being affected. Though if the suggestions are true that he merged with his zanpaktou, all bets are off.

Yeah, basically this.

Didn't the wish orb reject him and leave him after Ichigo weakened him and Kisuke's seal activated ?

Well, at least Kenpachi didn't job to what's his face...we're guaranteed to see another fight in the future with a better Bankai.

And I certainly didn't expect Hitsugaya-san.

Chariot

At least shipping is making everything better.

0A8SgdE.png

L.O.R.D

For Fuck sake,just bring aizen with his bankai to finish the job and take over the world,at least the soul king is dead.

i think everyone noticed the pattern here.

Quincy kill some people.
captain arrive,beat the shit out him.
Quincy use his real power,captain almost dead.
Captain remember kubo secretly gave him hidden power,release it,Quincy is now fucked.
Everyone think it's over,suddenly earthquake/huge raitsue pressure happened and some captain lose one of his limbs.
Quincy now have released his true true form with some BS power,it almost make him on our with aizen after he transformed.
Captain or another captain remember he has bankai but he sworn not to release it,but release it now because Fuck it,kubo is out of ideas.
Quincy is now 99% fucked,but he have one last suicide attack,and captains now can't move,suddenly arrancar or Fullbringers comes to give the final blow to Quincy.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Holyshit I just released the fodder who explained that Histugaya's bankai ends when the petals melt is the same fodder who explained that the espada go from 1-10.

That guy was just a mouthpiece of lies.

what the fuck, lmao oh man that last page, Kenny what the hell are you doing....where the hell is Aizen.

too bad Rukia already took absolute zero, this kid has to live up to old man genocide

Holyshit I just released the fodder who explained that Histugaya's bankai ends when the petals melt is the same fodder who explained that the espada go from 1-10.

That guy was just a mouthpiece of lies.

beautiful

Clegg

Remember when Ichigo got his new zanpaktou from 0 Division.

He still hasn't had a fight.

That was like 5 years ago.

Syntsui

Remember when Ichigo got his new zanpaktou from 0 Division.

He still hasn't had a fight.

That was like 5 years ago.

He couldn't because he was one shotted by that Jo Jo Quincy.

Man, this chapter was all over the place, what a load of crap.

Hystzen

Kenpachi defeated himself bahahahahahahah

I can almost hear the Japanese girls squealing over this shit. Forgot how much I don't like Ice boy such a boring character

Mr Git

Kenpachi finally gets bankai and lasts five seconds. Didn't expect Hitsugaya to have another go - I suppose the big chap can't be cut so will probably be sealed in ice or something. I'd complain but Hitsugaya has been absolute shit for as long as I can remember. Next chapter will be back to Chad.

At least in this match up Zaraki's bankai didn't have an advantage against the enemy's specific ability

Kenpachi finally gets bankai and lasts five seconds. Didn't expect Hitsugaya to have another go - I suppose the big chap can't be cut so will probably be sealed in ice or something. I'd complain but Hitsugaya has been absolute shit for as long as I can remember. Next chapter will be back to Chad.

That is what is going to happen. Then it is up to Ichigo's son to kill this enemy once and for all in Bleach's sequel.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
What am I reading?

Your asking this now, this is fucking bleach logic and coherrence should have been left at the door a long time ago

In Kubo defense he did imply this would happen

Bleach Repeat and Reboot 2012 Q&A

Q: Is Hitsugaya's Bankai complete?
K: His training bore fruit and it is completed. Up until now, when the flowers disappeared behind him, so would his Bankai. However...

For anyone interested here's the full interview has a fair few spoilers (old and new)

Q: What about Genryuusai's left arm?
K: He only has his right arm now.

Q: Is that al that's changed?
K: I think Genryuusai wouldn't change much from his current state if he trained. Would't it be strange for someone who's lived for over two thousand years to change over a period of 17 months? However, he does have unseen, inner changes.

Q: What happened to the hand Sei Feng lost to "aging"?
K: Sei Feng's left hand has been healed.

Q: What about her change in appearance?
K: Her hair has changed a little. Speaking of changes, I also wanted to change Yoruichi, but her current look really suits her, so it's difficult for me.

Q: Rose has rejoined the Gotei Thirteen.
K: Rose and Izuru suit each other very well, so I decide to put Rose into the Third Division. I should add that Hirako returned to the Fifth Division and Kensei returned to the Ninth Division.

Q: Will Unohana finally fight?
K: In the next arc, I have decided that Unohana will enter the battlefield. Her Zanpakuto's true form will also be revealed. I can also add that when she fights, Unohana unravels her large braid.

Q: In the new arc, the Shinigami will of course appear, but will other characters from the past also appear?
K: Yes, if the Arrancar appear, I think they will stand with the Shinigami.

Q: Will there be characters that appear in the role of a friend?
K: Ulquiorra has already turned to ash and Grimmjow might become a friend. But what about Harribel who is still alive? I wonder how I would bring them out of Hueco Mundo... I think Harribel would not leave.

Q: Was the idea of Arrancars becoming friends in your plans before this break? Or was it just a feeling they might return?
K: "They might appear". Or it could be that they "might not appear". (LOL) Even if they did return, they would not appear alone, but as a group.

Q: What about Nel?
K: I think I will let Nel appear.

Q: I would really like to see her interact with Kon.
K: Kon did not appear in the Lost Agent arc. But to tell the truth, he has rarely appearance since the end of the Soul Society arc, roughly five years ago. (LOL) eople who only recently started reading might not know that he exists. (LOL)

Q: It can't be that you've forgotten him?
K: (LOL)

Q: What happened to Hirako's hair?
K: Since his hair can't grow all that much over 17 months, only his bangs changed a little bit. One day, I would like to draw how Momo, who was heartbroken after losing Aizen, developed a good trusting relationship with Hirako.

Q: Did Renji train hard to become stronger?
K: Yes.

Q: Did other people train as well?
K: Yes.

Q: So they wouldn't be troubled by Aizen level opponents?
K: They're not quite at that level (LOL). What can I say, they have become stronger. But even so, they have not got to the point where they're not worried about Aizen level opponents (LOL).

Q: Will they display new abilities or techniques in the new arc?
K: That will be revealed. The form of Renji's Bankai has already changed.

Q: Since the Senior Captains are not likely to change, is this true for Kyoraku?
K: Yes. The Captains who have been in their positions for a very long time, will not change much. That is because they have already been through many hard battles. Still, the upcoming battles will display a new, different side of them. I think Kyoraku will use his Bankai. His Haori also has a kind of "history".

Q: Is Hitsugaya's Bankai complete?
K: His training bore fruit and it is completed. Up until now, when the flowers disappeared behind him, so would his Bankai. However...

Q: Did he change in any other way?
K: Even though Hitsugaya insisted in one of the sketches from Volume #53 that he grew taller, that isn't the truth. (LOL Other than that, the chain on his Zanpakuto has changed a bit.

Q: Kenpachi still does not have a Shikai or Bankai?
K: Kenpachi has a constantly released Zanpakuto, so that is his Shikai. I have always wanted to find some place to draw the story of how he became a Captain, but then the story would veer to far from the plot, so it is difficult...

Q: What will happen to the Shinigami who do not have Bankai?
K: Lieutenants and such? Bankai is not that big of a deal, but who to give it to? Yumichika is a good choice. I feel Izuru's Bankai might be a bit nauseating (LOL).

Q: You haven't drawn Yachiru's Shikai either?
K: To be honest, I haven't even drawn her in battle (LOL).

Q: How did Mayuri change?
K: Oh Mayuri (LOL). He does change in the new arc, but how should I put it? His hairstyle will improve (LOL).

Q: He did not appear in the Lost Agent Arc.
K: I wanted to draw a preview before WSJ #7, but it did not happen.

Q: Is Ukitake's illness the same as t was before?
K: Yes. (LOL)

Q: No change?
K: That's right. But although Ukitake and Shunsui have not changed much outwardly, they have somewhat changed in their hearts after the battle with Aizen.

Q: No change in hairstyle and such?
K: Shunsui changing wouldn't be so bad, since he is quite fashionable. (LOL) Ukitake does not have any sense of fashion. Would he dye his hair? (LOL)

Q: The Thirteenth Division Lieutenant is now Rukia. What about the two third seats: Kiyone and Sentarou?
K: They've been surpassed. (LOL) They were surpassed because Rukia surpassed them. I think the two of them would also support Rukia.

Q: How does Rukia feel having to take on Kaien's old position?
K: I want to carefully draw how Rukia felt upon becoming a Lieutenant, but doing so would take up many chapters, so I have decided to do it through flashbacks.

Q: When does the new arc take place?
K: If it starts too long after the Lost Agent Arc, people's appearances will change, so it occurs straight after that arc.

Q: Did Ichigo return to the status of a substitute Shinigami?
K: He is still doing Konso and related duties, so this is still Ichigo during his substitute Shinigami phase.

Q: What about Kurumadani? (LOL)
K: I think he has become unemployed (LOL).

Q: When did you start planning this arc?
K: I started planning out the details during the Arrancar arc. When I was thinking about what I wanted to draw after that arc, there was the story of the Substitute Shinigami before Ichigo and the very last arc. I thought about it a lot, and finally decided to draw the story of the Substitute Shinigami. To the tell truth, I first stated thinking about it around the time the Soul Society arc ended. The badge being designed by Ukitake, Isshin being a past Shinigami and the fact that Isshin is a Shinigami shows that "that person"... I thought about all of those things.

Q: Will the secret of Ichigo's birth be revealed?
K: I want to draw it at a certain place.

Q: I am sure the readers are also interested as to "why Ichigo is so strong"?
K: Yes, at the same time everyone's bloodlines will become clear.

Q: Isshin was once a Shinigami, but Urahara was the only one who went to the Soul Society to restore Ichigo's Reiryoku. Why didn't Isshin go as well?
K: If Isshin went, the certain things would be revealed to the Shinigami of the Gotei Thirteen. So he did not go. He also does not know any of the Vizard Captains from 100 years ago. Other than that, I would also like to draw the story of how Yoruichi and Urahara met over 100 years ago.

Q: Will the Shinigami's past become important in the new arc?
K: That is correct.

Q: What about Squad Zero that was mentioned in TBTP?
K: I have decided to let them appear. I have already designed all of their characters. However, I am trying to figure out where and when to let them appear (LOL).

Q: Is that to say the new arc will feature a situation where there is a need for Squad Zero to appear?
K: Yes, they did not even show up for the battle against Aizen. So I think I have to draw a really major event. I also want to let Aizen appear. I wanted to draw a draft of him appearing in restraints.

Q: Will it be an extremely serious event?
K: Yes. It has to be something that will leave even the Seireitei in ruins. Something that will cause the Shinigami to cry out with their hearts, a danger that has never happened before.

Q: Who will this enemy be?
K: They are not very many, but their numbers will increase.

I laughed. Kubo still manages to top himself in the ridiculousness of this series. I mean, sure Nel did it as well, but her shit didn't make much sense either.

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about this arc showing that everyone prior to this have basically been unreliable exposition machines that just moved the plot forward for that point in time.

bjork

Man. This arc is like when a marathon runner is exhausted and just poops their pants.

You're out of gas, Kubo. End this atrocity.

Hystzen

What's odd is I actually don't think Kubo is making this shit up every week I actually think he planed this madness way in advance. I don't mind the bullshit of these "angels" transforming to Angel form just it needs stop being done at end of fights maybe at start be fresher.

I just want see new Byakuya , Renji and Rukia bankai as they all where trained by squad 0 to unlock new abilities. Instead Byakuya is just chilling watching everyone else fight

Top Bottom