• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Astral

Man that shit was pure fanservice and it's fucking annoying. Like someone else mentioned, I could almost hear the fan girls going "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~~~!!!!!!!!1111"

But hey that last page looked really good. I swear if it wasn't for the fact that this man could draw, I wouldn't still be reading this shit.

bjork

Man that shit was pure fanservice and it's fucking annoying. Like someone else mentioned, I could almost hear the fan girls going "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~~~!!!!!!!!1111"

But hey that last page looked really good. I swear if it wasn't for the fact that this man could draw, I wouldn't still be reading this shit.

But if he ended this series, he could go draw a series written by someone else.

What if he drew HxH so they could end that too?

"Oops, your arm fell off."

Also, it looks like the trick to killing this guy is to break his head apart and then destroy that Quincy star thing that's holding him together (although I thought Byakuya diced him up already).

qcf x2

Everybody here is bitter and doing the weekly rehashing of whining, but I enjoyed the heck out of this chapter. Bisections everywhere and an unexpected powerup. I totally forgot that Toshiro was the ice equivalent of Yama. And I think the last quincy invasion was where Yama really went all out. With that said, I think this will come at a huge cost for him, either death or something close to it like what happened to Komamura.

I wonder if Byakuya will have a stronger bankai now or if he's going to watch everything happen since he wasn't supposed to still be part of the story anyway.

Everybody here is bitter and doing the weekly rehashing of whining, but I enjoyed the heck out of this chapter. Bisections everywhere and an unexpected powerup. I totally forgot that Toshiro was the ice equivalent of Yama. And I think the last quincy invasion was where Yama really went all out. With that said, I think this will come at a huge cost for him, either death or something close to it like what happened to Komamura.

I wonder if Byakuya will have a stronger bankai now or if he's going to watch everything happen since he wasn't supposed to still be part of the story anyway.
Don't forget that Byakuya got the same massive power up as Rukia, Renji, and Ichigo. I don't think he's even used his bankai yet.

Yonafunu

Nah, this is not some last ditch effort or final attack or anything, I think. It's his 'real' Bankai. The Bankai he used so far has been an incomplete, immature version. I'm guessing it aged him up because he's not old/strong enough to use it in his normal form, and he'll probably revert back when it's done, but when he grows up this will probably be his actual Bankai.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Nah, this is not some last ditch effort or final attack or anything, I think. It's his 'real' Bankai. The Bankai he used so far has been an incomplete, immature version. I'm guessing it aged him up because he's not old/strong enough to use it in his normal form, and he'll probably revert back when it's done, but when he grows up this will probably be his actual Bankai.

yeah it did it was basically his bankai fully matured. Then again he has a flower motif, so it could have a backfire element.

Either way it has it's own inherent limitations, being that he atually has to wait for the petals to melt.

Don't forget that Byakuya got the same massive power up as Rukia, Renji, and Ichigo. I don't think he's even used his bankai yet.

You'd need to go back through chapters where be fought and check if be had a sword hilt , which is the distinguishing characteristic of his Shikai. I'm pretty sure he used Bankai off screen when he was fighting 4 or so Sternritters at once before the Kira fight and that he used it to shred Gerard's body. The first was off screen though, the second didn't look much different than normal.

Admittedly that doesn't mean much in terms of ruling things out since like Hitsugaya a large chunk of his Bankai is in techniques rather than the release itself.

You'd need to go back through chapters where be fought and check if be had a sword hilt , which is the distinguishing characteristic of his Shikai. I'm pretty sure he used Bankai off screen when he was fighting 4 or so Sternritters at once before the Kira fight and that he used it to shred Gerard's body. The first was off screen though, the second didn't look much different than normal.

Admittedly that doesn't mean much in terms of ruling things out since like Hitsugaya a large chunk of his Bankai is in techniques rather than the release itself.
I'm just going by him never actually saying "bankai." I can't really recall any instance where a bankai was called off panel and then used in-panel.

My assumption here, though, is that he got enough of a power up where his shikai now is as strong as his bankai used to be.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
2aBFw.png

Fast work is fast, I like the design I'll say that much, not so much the Ichigo same face

LOL exactly what i thought, lmao.

also, they still didn't answer why he was wearing that cloth when he was turned to zombie?

why Quincy cloth?

Either Kubo planned to draw all the Shinigami Captian and VC zombies in those clothes and dropped the idea or he changed Hitsugaya's clothes to make it easier to draw his new Bankai form.

Either way, it's odd. Especially considering the type of character Giselle was. You'd expect she'd want to dress Matsumoto up rather than Hitsugaya.

djZwvdn.gif

also, they still didn't answer why he was wearing that cloth when he was turned to zombie?

why Quincy cloth?

Giselle dressed him up after she zombified him off screen (there's a big enough time / location lag between his collapse after fighting Can Du and his reappearance that it'd be possible. Not particularly sane but honestly mental stability doesn't seem like a trait of any of the normal Sternritters.

L.O.R.D

Either Kubo planned to draw all the Shinigami Captian and VC zombies in those clothes and dropped the idea or he changed Hitsugaya's clothes to make it easier to draw his new Bankai form.

Either way, it's odd. Especially considering the type of character Giselle was. You'd expect she'd want to dress Matsumoto up rather than Hitsugaya.

but Giselle is a
boy
,and she like damaged
girls
more.

but Giselle is a
boy
,and she like damaged
girls
more.

I'm pretty sure she just liked girls. Back during Femritter's fight with Ichigo, Candice made it pretty clear she didn't want Giselle to heal her using her usual methods, otherwise she'd become a plaything.

NHL94

Banned
I'm slow. Basically Hitsugaya's bankai makes him into an older version of himself? Is this some Kurama Yu Yu Hakusho shit or something or am I missing something?

Astral

I'm slow. Basically Hitsugaya's bankai makes him into an older version of himself? Is this some Kurama Yu Yu Hakusho shit or something or am I missing something?

More like a
Gon thing from Hunter x Hunter
. His power right now is probably too great for his child body to handle and so he had to physically age somehow.

qcf x2

So what's he gonna do? I'm guessing freeze Humpty Dumpty to absolute zero and then Kenny smashes him to a million pieces.

Wait, Kenny should be dead right? I mean his elbow is split open and he's been cleaved in half. Maybe Byakuya smashes him into a million pieces. Either way, what's to stop him from being put back together again unless smashing that sternritter emblem is the key? And I think Rukia's bankai was absolute zero, so... I dunno. Yama had the army of the dead that had nothing to do w/ his elemental affinity so maybe there's some non-ice thing.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Wait, Kenny should be dead right? I mean his elbow is split open and he's been cleaved in half.

Actually if you look, the sword imprint on the ground left Kenny's whole body on one side, and his right arm on the other side. Basically just cut off the already-fucked arm, and probably some damage to his right side.

NHL94

Banned
More like a Gon thing from Hunter x Hunter. His power right now is probably too great for his child body to handle and so he had to physically age somehow.

Ah, I tried getting into HxH, binged and got to the arc where they go in the game and I felt it just lost steam, got really draggy-ony at that point for me.

So that's Gons deal then? He's too strong for his current body? Is it the same with Killua then? Is this aging, in him and now Hitsu involuntary, like they just "exploded" uncontrollably with power and it immediately aged them?

Thank you for the reply, sorry for the extra questions, much appreciated.

Astral

Ah, I tried getting into HxH, binged and got to the arc where they go in the game and I felt it just lost steam, got really draggy-ony at that point for me.

So that's Gons deal then? He's too strong for his current body? Is it the same with Killua then? Is this aging, in him and now Hitsu involuntary, like they just "exploded" uncontrollably with power and it immediately aged them?

Thank you for the reply, sorry for the extra questions, much appreciated.

You should keep watching. It drags and some points but the high are fucking high. The Gon thing is one of the best moments in like any shonen and I just realized I kinda spoiled it lol. He basically
gets so pissed and ups his nen so much that his body has to age to a point where he will be able to to control that level of nen. It has huge consequences though.
Killua is just talented.

NHL94

Banned
You should keep watching. It drags and some points but the high are fucking high. The Gon thing is one of the best moments in like any shonen and I just realized I kinda spoiled it lol. He basically
gets so pissed and ups his nen so much that his body has to age to a point where he will be able to to control that level of nen. It has huge consequences though.
Killua is just talented.

You spoiling sonofa*****! jkjk, I actually am going to pick it back up just because of you. I do have to find out more about his dad and the Hisoka etc. Thanks for the push and the info.

Chariot

More like a
Gon thing from Hunter x Hunter
. His power right now is probably too great for his child body to handle and so he had to physically age somehow.
I disliked this, because it made no sense and it's questionable if the "huge consequences" stick. The arc itself and the follow-up arc where fantastic.
Why would rapidly ageing make you stronger? You're not going to get inherently stronger just by waiting, just by growing older. You need to train your body.

Yonafunu

I disliked this, because it made no sense and it's questionable if the "huge consequences" stick. The arc itself and the follow-up arc where fantastic.
Why would rapidly ageing make you stronger? You're not going to get inherently stronger just by waiting, just by growing older. You need to train your body.

It's Nen, it can do anything. Also,
what he did wasn't just get older, it was release all of his potential and his body grew older to accommodate that power. Growing older was a result of his power increasing, not the other way around.

Actually if you look, the sword imprint on the ground left Kenny's whole body on one side, and his right arm on the other side. Basically just cut off the already-fucked arm, and probably some damage to his right side.

Pretty much. If Kira survived, zaraki will too

Principate

Saint Titanfall
So, what will be this quincy next form? Because we all know this wasn't his ultimate form.

I'm honestly doubt that this fight has gone on way too long, and Hitsugaya's Ice has been shown to nullify miracles, plus who else would he fight it already took 3 captains to achieve this. He probably won't die diretly due to this, probably someone destroys his core next chapter or he escapes, but I'm not expecting him to come back stronger after this.

Linkark07

Banned
I'm honestly doubt that this fight has gone on way too long, and Hitsugaya's Ice has been shown to nullify miracles, plus who else would he fight it already took 3 captains to achieve this. He probably won't die diretly due to this, probably someone destroys his core next chapter or he escapes, but I'm not expecting him to come back stronger after this.

Ya, I was kidding. Usually these quincies have like 3 forms. Think this is the third one.

Wondering who will fight next.

Viridian6

Beating the Miracle simply by spamming their best moves was the best way this could have gone down.

Ya, I was kidding. Usually these quincies have like 3 forms. Think this is the third one.

Wondering who will fight next.

The only bad guys left in the whole series are Haschwalth (who's fighting Ishida) and Yhwach. Expecting Renji to back up Ishida again and Rukia to join Ichigo and Inoue in the Yhwach fight. Barring "all according to keikaku" Aizen final boss, of course.

Kubo might have forgotten that the dead fullbringers are supposed to show up...

"Just between you and me... I'm not a fan of my adult self..." aka "I'm not enjoying being hot, you know." lmao

I still think this whole power up is bullshit.

The fight was good though. Byakuya's senbonzakura had a perfect timing.

Astral

I had a feeling that would be Byakuya's new technique. As I was reading I was thinking of how during his fight against Ichigo he told him not to worry, that the swords won't attack him all at once, so I figured they'd do so after his training with Squad Zero. Beat that shit now Ichigo, you fraud.

Lulubop

wtf kill this mother fucker already. How many more powerups we wasting here? Byakuya gonna have to pull out his upgraded bankai too?

We still have Ishin, Ryuuken Ishida, Nel, and the Fullbringers who've yet to show up/do anything. There will be a while yet, unless they all show up vs Haschwalth.

Hystzen

I had a feeling that would be Byakuya's new technique. As I was reading I was thinking of how during his fight against Ichigo he told him not to worry, that the swords won't attack him all at once, so I figured they'd do so after his training with Squad Zero. Beat that shit now Ichigo, you fraud.

Ichigo never beat it first time he lost and hollow had to finish off Byakuya he got no chance against new Bankai Byakuya unless Ichigos new Bankai is straight up Aizen level broken

Can someone remind me what the hell Yhwach wants to do? Recreate everything including the "real" world or is he just fucking up Hueco Mundo and Soul Society?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Ichigo never beat it first time he lost and hollow had to finish off Byakuya he got no chance against new Bankai Byakuya unless Ichigos new Bankai is straight up Aizen level broken

Which he's off course will be. He's the MC against Ywach (the final villain most likelys. Byakuya will be scrub tier against whatever he uses to beat him, much like as during FKT.

Top Bottom