• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Can someone remind me what the hell Yhwach wants to do? Recreate everything including the "real" world or is he just fucking up Hueco Mundo and Soul Society?

I think he wants to tip the balance of souls between soul society and the real world so they spill into each other and just get straight annihilated. Then maybe make some Quincy wonderland in the remains or something.

qcf x2

It's bascally the same bankai as always he just removed the one sword attack at a time limitation which was always asinine.

This is like the 2nd time we've ever seen him use it, and it's a technique we've never seen. With that said, we didn't really get to see what it does besides like 1 page.

Ya, I was kidding. Usually these quincies have like 3 forms. Think this is the third one.

Wondering who will fight next.

He's done next chapter but it will be a pyrrhic victory, like what happened with Urahara and co. The final fights aren't going to be 100 vs 2 so you give the captains their 15 minutes and then let them play the sidelines for the rest of the series.

Would not be surprised if he's reforming then Matsumoto goes bankai and destroys his core or something. She and Shinji still have something to do unless Kubo really hates Shinji, lol. I do believe it was hinted that Matsumoto has bankai and Kubo has been sewing up a bunch of loose threads in a hurry.

We still have Ishin, Ryuuken Ishida, Nel, and the Fullbringers who've yet to show up/do anything. There will be a while yet, unless they all show up vs Haschwalth.

Nel is done, she's playing a strictly support role (of course, she's a female character in Bleach). I'm starting to think we'll get one of those deals where Yhwach uses Yama's bankai to raise an army of the dead and those guys will deal with them. If it includes the quincies killed by Yhwach's Auschwalen, that could be very grim lol. Don't involve the families, Kubo!

Funny you guys liked this chapter, I thought it was way too short and not much happened.

Nel is done, she's playing a strictly support role (of course, she's a female character in Bleach). I'm starting to think we'll get one of those deals where Yhwach uses Yama's bankai to raise an army of the dead and those guys will deal with them. If it includes the quincies killed by Yhwach's Auschwalen, that could be very grim lol. Don't involve the families, Kubo!

Funny you guys liked this chapter, I thought it was way too short and not much happened.
I would think Ryuuken would be most likely to show up against Haschwalt to help out his son, and Ishin similarly against Yhwach.

The wild card, of course, would be Aizen. It could be that he's still evil, and the rest of the cast show up to fight him in the end.

Hystzen

Which he's off course will be. He's the MC against Ywach (the final villain most likelys. Byakuya will be scrub tier against whatever he uses to beat him, much like as during FKT.

Ichigos always had the mid tier bankai power wise just survived by plot armour. In a rematch Ichigo has zero chance beating Byakuya with his old speed style

Ichigos always had the mid tier bankai power wise just survived by plot armour. In a rematch Ichigo has zero chance beating Byakuya with his old speed style

It's more that Kubo is almost incapable of writing abilities that aren't logical binary Win/Lose abilities. Ichigo's original Bankai was one of those since it was Super Speed, which meant either Ichigo was faster and one or his opponent was faster and he lost (and his Bankai looked completely useless). Kubo went with the second, and seems to have completely ignored the Speed aspect of Ichigo's Bankai from then on (that or Byakuya got a *lot* faster in between Ichigo's fight with him and his fight with Zomari*).

It doesn't help that characters often fight like Zaraki, completely ignoring their skill sets and strengths to get into straight up duels, and often forget about Kido, positioning, learning about strengths, and surprise.

* Zomari claimed to be the faster Espada, Grimmjow ran rings around Bankai Ichigo when they first fought, Zomari notably did not run rings around Byakya. In conclusion Byakuya is faster than Byakuya (??).

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Good thing that's no longer his bankai and have completely forgotten Ichigo has a hollow form that's consistently been superior to Byakuya (It destroyed Senkei on it's first showing)? Byakuya's been fairly useless in this fight over all (He hasn't actually done any significant damage to Gerard since he powered up) So let's wait before we go through usual asinine my favourite character is better than your favourite character.

qcf x2

It's more that Kubo is almost incapable of writing abilities that aren't logical binary Win/Lose abilities. Ichigo's original Bankai was one of those since it was Super Speed, which meant either Ichigo was faster and one or his opponent was faster and he lost (and his Bankai looked completely useless). Kubo went with the second, and seems to have completely ignored the Speed aspect of Ichigo's Bankai from then on (that or Byakuya got a *lot* faster in between Ichigo's fight with him and his fight with Zomari*).

It doesn't help that characters often fight like Zaraki, completely ignoring their skill sets and strengths to get into straight up duels, and often forget about Kido, positioning, learning about strengths, and surprise.

* Zomari claimed to be the faster Espada, Grimmjow ran rings around Bankai Ichigo when they first fought, Zomari notably did not run rings around Byakya. In conclusion Byakuya is faster than Byakuya (??).

Remember when Byakuya was faster than anybody not nicknamed the God of Flash and Yoruichi herself was unfairly fast? I don't think either of them have used their speed since then.

Eusis

Remember when Byakuya was faster than anybody not nicknamed the God of Flash and Yoruichi herself was unfairly fast? I don't think either of them have used their speed since then.
I just kinda assume everyone has crazy speed anymore and so it wouldn't show anyway. It's like how a car is naturally much faster than a human, but it doesn't really stand out among other cars.

Though the ones that have that as an explicit power should still have it show much like a sports car is going to be immensely faster than a pick up truck.

IHaveIce

Banned
Bleach is best when telling us something from the past or in flashbacks..

Seriously, the Vizard arc or Ishin's past were way more interesting than anything else.
I really want to see the original Gotei 13 were Unohana was the Kenpachi and Yamamoto was a carefree beast.

Chariot

T6D9UhY.png

Syntsui

Gerard got bodied... So he decided to ditch his?

Is the only thing that will kill Gerard the death of Juha and Haschybrowns?
The vaizards didn't do shit yet, they will probably take him down. Maybe Shinji's bankai is something that inverts his skill, so his miracle will turn into a curse or some shit like that.

The vaizards didn't do shit yet, they will probably take him down. Maybe Shinji's bankai is something that inverts his skill, so his miracle will turn into a curse or some shit like that.

I'm skeptical as to whether the Vizards can accomplish anything in this fight, honestly. Shinji seems like a better counter to Hashbrown's balance.

Gerard has to die first because each sternritter's death gives Juha a power-up.

I'm also skeptical on whether Kubo will actually give every power back to Juha. Visionary + X-Axis + Miracles + Death-Dealing + all the others is beyond ridiculous, even for Bleach :p

Also, what do you guys think of Juha's dream? Is Ichigo actually going to kill him? Juha seemed almost relieved by the dream

Eusis

He's probably got some plan that involves ultimately dying. I was expecting a body jack of Uryu but maybe he'd do that to Ichigo instead?

Or if not that then some sort of transference of power with the intent one of them will be compelled to complete what he started.

I'm also skeptical on whether Kubo will actually give every power back to Juha. Visionary + X-Axis + Miracles + Death-Dealing + all the others is beyond ridiculous, even for Bleach :p

It's impossible to defeat Yhwach. Impossible.

I'm just patiently waiting for Kubo's bullshit explanation for his eventual defeat.

He's probably got some plan that involves ultimately dying. I was expecting a body jack of Uryu but maybe he'd do that to Ichigo instead?

Or if not that then some sort of transference of power with the intent one of them will be compelled to complete what he started.

Could be. Ichigo has that Shinigami blood that Juha could use for something

I'm just patiently waiting for Kubo's bullshit explanation for his eventual defeat.

The Kurosaki family all come together to perform a Family Kamehameha on Bach and launch him into the sun. No one will see it coming

Syntsui

Ichigo's bankai has the power to negate all other's powers. There you have it! Things are way simpler than you think in Bleach.

Astral

What happened to the 5 War Potentials subplot? That's still a thing right? Are the 5 even revealed? I remember Ichigo, Urahara, and Kenpachi being three of them.

Maddocks

What happened to the 5 War Potentials subplot? That's still a thing right? Are the 5 even revealed? I remember Ichigo, Urahara, and Kenpachi being three of them.

1. Ichigo Kurosaki - Latent Ability: Potential to be far more powerful and dangerous than the average combatant due to his mixed heritage.

2. Kenpachi Zaraki - Fighting Strength: His monstrous physical strength and capabilities, as well as his fighting skill.

3. Ichibē Hyōsube - Wisdom: His ability to think and act strategically using his vast knowledge, experience, understanding, common sense and insight.

4. Sōsuke Aizen - Reiatsu: His monstrously powerful Reiatsu, capable of disintegrating other being and repelling the overflowing power of the Soul King himself.

5. Kisuke Urahara - Means: His abilities to outmaneuver his opponents by perpetually adapting his battle strategy.

Radec

You see that panel where Yhwach got sliced by Ichigo?

Aizen's bankai will make that dream a reality putting an end to Yhwach.

Eusis

Yamamoto and his buddies defeated Yhwach back in the day as well, right? So it's possible. We just don't know how.
Possible he deliberately threw that match in order to truly win later. He had the ability to see the future afterall, he might've seen no way to win then and only the ability to set the stage for the far future.

This has been my theory for a few weeks now. Shinji's got a mass inversion bankai, and it'll make that dude's power backfire.

1. Ichigo Kurosaki - Latent Ability: Potential to be far more powerful and dangerous than the average combatant due to his mixed heritage.

2. Kenpachi Zaraki - Fighting Strength: His monstrous physical strength and capabilities, as well as his fighting skill.

3. Ichibē Hyōsube - Wisdom: His ability to think and act strategically using his vast knowledge, experience, understanding, common sense and insight.

4. Sōsuke Aizen - Reiatsu: His monstrously powerful Reiatsu, capable of disintegrating other being and repelling the overflowing power of the Soul King himself.

5. Kisuke Urahara - Means: His abilities to outmaneuver his opponents by perpetually adapting his battle strategy.

Man, that turned out to be fucking nothing and a half, didn't it?

Well, at least we're getting somewhere. Kind of tired of the Elite Sternritter magically reviving over and over so there's a real lack of tension or meaningful impact to anything these Captains do, but whatever, lol. It's Bleach.

Ichigo and Orihime vs. Yhwach will be interesting, let's hope.

Of the elites are any except Pernida actually dead ? X-Axis is busy wrecking Seretei last we saw, Valkyrie is still going, and did we actually see Askin die ? Given his power it may take a while for him to bite it. And the surviving non-elites appear to have kept Schrift but not volstanding (Baz probably bit it after Haschwalt).

That still gives Ywach every schrift except B,
C, D, G, M, X and Z back. And maybe E (depending on if Zombie prevents Shcrift return).

So at a conservative estimate Ywach has 18 Schrifts. Maybe 17 if Bazz turns out to be not quiet dead.

Pretty much, they kinda sold it like....5 things to change the war and it turns out almost all of them but 2 have already been dealt with.

Can't believe this arc started 2 years ago, 2!

I swear it's been almost 3 years since the Quincies began their second invasion, no?

If we include their first invasion as part of the 'Thousand-Year Blood War Arc', it's been four years.

Maddocks

I swear it's been almost 3 years since the Quincies began their second invasion, no?

If we include their first invasion as part of the 'Thousand-Year Blood War Arc', it's been four years.

Damn, have I really blocked out 2 extra years of chapters? I have, it did start in 2012. I change my post.

This arc started 4 years ago, 4!

Top Bottom