• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

So at a conservative estimate Ywach has 18 Schrifts. Maybe 17 if Bazz turns out to be not quiet dead.

Honestly, fuck the Schrifts. We've seen enough of them, and I'd rather Yhwach dismiss them as completely useless against people of Ichigo's tier (once he goes Bankai of course, and don't forget Aizen), and instead resort to Yamamoto's Bankai as his initial weapon of choice before switching to Almighty.

Damn, have I really blocked out 2 extra years of chapters? I have, it did start in 2012. I change my post.

This arc started 4 years ago, 4!

Lol, don't worry, I'm sure most readers have as well.

4 years for a secondary villain (Yhwach) to continue up and running. That's pretty impressive given how little he's done in those 4 years, haha.

Honestly, fuck the Schrifts. We've seen enough of them, and I'd rather Yhwach dismiss them as completely useless against people of Ichigo's tier (once he goes Bankai of course, and don't forget Aizen), and instead resort to Yamamoto's Bankai as his initial weapon of choice before switching to Almighty.

Lol, don't worry, I'm sure most readers have as well.

4 years for a secondary villain (Yhwach) to continue up and running. That's pretty impressive given how little he's done in those 4 years, haha.

Oh I agree that him actually using them would be abysmal, given how many of there are and how wildly inconsistent thematically, but many of them are stupidly powerful (it's not li ke Ichigo has anyway to counter Wind for example).

Oh I agree that him actually using them would be abysmal, given how many of there are and how wildly inconsistent thematically, but many of them are stupidly powerful (it's not li ke Ichigo has anyway to counter Wind for example).

I suspect Ichigo's reiatsu will cancel them anyway, like Aizen's trick.

What do you guys thing Haschwalt's actual ability is? He has that enhancement passive, but it sounded like he had something else up his sleeve, which he cannot access when he switches places with Yhwach.

What do you guys thing Haschwalt's actual ability is? He has that enhancement passive, but it sounded like he had something else up his sleeve, which he cannot access when he switches places with Yhwach.

Some sick hip hop dance moves and beatboxing skills

Jugram Haschwalth: The B
-boy

The Bleach: He can one-up an opponent's bizarrely specific power in an even more bizarrely specific manner in an endless chain forever.

Hystzen

The vaizards didn't do shit yet, they will probably take him down. Maybe Shinji's bankai is something that inverts his skill, so his miracle will turn into a curse or some shit like that.

That means Kubo has to remember that the Vizards are not scrubs like he been treating them for past years. Vastly more interesting abilities and cool masks but nope fanbase wants more the same captains we seen fight multiple times so they get shafted.

Half of the Sternritter's abilities make no sense and as a group, they are honestly a lot worse than the Espada regardless of variety and how many Captains they've defeated. Nianzol Weizol, or whoever that fuck with two tongues is, has some stupid 'Wind' ability that is lost on me to this day, as is Lille Barro's ability to turn into some godly intangible chicken.

So many of them are so utterly ridiculous that they are walking no-limits fallacies. Lille Barro can pierce anything with X-Axis? Oh, so can he shoot through Aizen's head and kill him? Gerard can survive anything and regenerate? Oh, so can Aizen try any attack whatsoever and it wouldn't work? Ichibei can wipe out any power with his Shikai, so would he just waltz up to Aizen and turn him into an ant on the spot? Yhwach has the Almighty that negates any attack he sees? Oh, so he's literally unbeatable so through just logic, Ichigo shouldn't win at all?

It requires utter BS to overcome these powers and there's really no tension whatsoever when they're fighting on-panel. It's a contest to see who makes up the most convoluted explanation for how they survived and overpowered whatever they did.

EDIT: I realize Ichibei isn't a Sternritter, but still, lol.

Zeroth

The impression I had in regards to Gerard was that he had a symbol inside him that regenerated him (we saw it when he was getting back from being cut in half), so I assumed to defeat him you just have to destroy the symbol.

Or maybe he'll just be one upped by a ridiculously specific ability that works perfectly against his ability.

Half of the Sternritter's abilities make no sense and as a group, they are honestly a lot worse than the Espada regardless of variety and how many Captains they've defeated. Nianzol Weizol, or whoever that fuck with two tongues is, has some stupid 'Wind' ability that is lost on me to this day, as is Lille Barro's ability to turn into some godly intangible chicken.

So many of them are so utterly ridiculous that they are walking no-limits fallacies. Lille Barro can pierce anything with X-Axis? Oh, so can he shoot through Aizen's head and kill him? Gerard can survive anything and regenerate? Oh, so can Aizen try any attack whatsoever and it wouldn't work? Ichibei can wipe out any power with his Shikai, so would he just waltz up to Aizen and turn him into an ant on the spot? Yhwach has the Almighty that negates any attack he sees? Oh, so he's literally unbeatable so through just logic, Ichigo shouldn't win at all?

It requires utter BS to overcome these powers and there's really no tension whatsoever when they're fighting on-panel. It's a contest to see who makes up the most convoluted explanation for how they survived and overpowered whatever they did.

EDIT: I realize Ichibei isn't a Sternritter, but still, lol.

His ability was Wind (as in Twist not Air) things bend to avoid him (or things he's protecting). He can weaponise it by moving near things so they bend (the things getting bent seem to bend as of a force was applied so he can break arms or organs etc).

Lille's weirder ability has nothing to do with his Schrift as far as I can tell, its some bizarre extra power Ywach gave him because Lille was his masterpiece.

Arabesque

His ability was Wind (as in Twist not Air) things bend to avoid him (or things he's protecting).

We've only read it in books

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHObNJV-pWU

Lille's weirder ability has nothing to do with his Schrift as far as I can tell, its some bizarre extra power Ywach gave him because Lille was his masterpiece.

Rather than masterpiece, I guess Yhwach just went overboard given Lille was the first proper sterinritter. So the X was just whatever suited his fancy at the time, a 1000 years ago.

qcf x2

I'm scared for Orihime T_T

Yeah, she's gonna die. Whether she dies permanently or temporarily I am not sure. But Kubo served that one up on a platter this chapter.

Also, I'm 99.9% sure Ryuken is stepping in NOW to fight Haschwald. Uryu was getting wrecked and Haschwalt just decided to go harder than he has against anybody so far = Uryu is dead unless pops shows up. And his dad is Batman, let's be honest. Has any cerebral manga character ever had so much prep time?

Syntsui

She is only going to lose an arm, no good guy dies in Bleach. I don't even doubt Yamamoto will be back because of some ridiculous reason in the future.

She is only going to lose an arm, no good guy dies in Bleach. I don't even doubt Yamamoto will be back because of some ridiculous reason in the future.
Getting cut in half isn't necessarily death in the series.

They're supposed to be spirit beings or something anyway, right?

Eusis

He can come back as being made of fire.

Just try to tell me that that isn't possible in the Bleachverse
I suppose Yhwach IS holding onto that Bankai still... just takes him arising from it and going "fuck you" I guess!

Would be on par with his own minions thus far.

Yado

When was the last time orihime's fairy things been shown?

They were on her shield thing at some point when they first came and met the Royal Guard weren't they?

Maybe she'll get angry/desperate enough for Tsubaki to do some real damage.

Hystzen

Cut in half head stomped on floor then burnt to ashes

Yama is gone plus we got a new head captain he ain't needed no more. Out with the old in with the new

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
He he that intro was pretty silly. And boy Ichigo and Yhwach each havin some pretty badass lookin panels in here. Inoue even managing to contribute. I'll allow it.

Wish the anime would come back, now that it seems like we may be in the home stretch here. We'll probably have new chapters for another year, but there's plenty of backlog for the anime to cover.

Even though the story of this arc has been garbage, there have been plenty of fights that would look amazing in motion

I would especially like to see Renji's fight against the Superstar, and Mayuri's fight against the god hand

Wish the anime would come back, now that it seems like we may be in the home stretch here. We'll probably have new chapters for another year, but there's plenty of backlog for the anime to cover.

Even though the story of this arc has been garbage, there have been plenty of fights that would look amazing in motion

I would especially like to see Renji's fight against the Superstar, and Mayuri's fight against the god hand

I think that first Quincy assault was pretty great since it was the first real defeat Soul Society had. But then, it became the usual Bleach bullshit when the Shinigami started the counter attack.

Hystzen

After rewatching bleach from start with GF the anime had knocked key chapters out of park e.g Aizen wrecking the captains n Vizards. I would love see some Quincy fights in motion especially death of old man Yama. The issue is they would censor lots of the deaths and injuries I doubt they would show Byakuya being smashed into paste by As Nodt.

Anyway this chapter shows that while chapters light on content they pretty some gorgeous panels. Also like new way Ichigos swords are removed from his back

The first invasion would indeed be awesome to watch! I wonder how they'd animate Yamamoto's Bankai, especially the 1 trillion skeletons part

Renji and Rukia need to hurry up so they can be useless against Yhwach. At least we'll get to see Ryuken and Isshin fight at some point.
I was wondering if we were running low on characters. Somebody else who needs to run around there too?
Don Kanonji, obviously.

Mr Git

The first invasion would indeed be awesome to watch! I wonder how they'd animate Yamamoto's Bankai, especially the 1 trillion skeletons part

Definitely, that would be amazing to watch. The anime did a great job of some of the arcs - I actually thought it did a better job of the regrettable Fullbringer arc than the manga, the music made it.

qcf x2

I expected these two to show up but still cool to see. I still don't buy Isshin as some sort of powerhouse; if he was anything other than a mid level captain he would have been mentioned many times without relation to Ichigo (like Yama, Unohana, Zaraki, etc). I do expect Ryuuken to wreck shit though. He has done things that shouldn't be possible (gave his son his quincy powers back), he's "the last quincy" and he survived Aschwalen, and he's undoubtedly got way more secret tech passed down from his pops than even Ishida Uryu does. I'm expecting some quality Chrono Trigger level dual techs.

As for Aizen, he's obviously the nuke/absolute last resort for the Shinigami. We all know he's gonna be freed eventually, but they may want to minimize the risk of him getting injured before facing Yhwach if they want to install him as the next soul king.

Top Bottom