• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Ichigo is looking ridiculous.

So, basically Yhwach's foreseeing powers doesn't serve any purpose since Ichigo can surprise him and harm him like a normal fight. Even if he decided not to use it, it's just plain bad writing. Why did you add this shit in the first place?

So, basically Yhwach's foreseeing powers doesn't serve any purpose since Ichigo can surprise him and harm him like a normal fight. Even if he decided not to use it, it's just plain bad writing. Why did you add this shit in the first place?

Eh, he told Ichigo he wanted to savor the fight so he wouldn't use his almighty powers yet.

Yado

Who needs the power of foresight when every fight boils down to the opponents pulling rabbits out of their hat until one of them gets exhausted and gives up.

Who needs the power of foresight when every fight boils down to the opponents pulling rabbits out of their hat until one of them gets exhausted and gives up.

There's also the occasional utter curbstomp to show how powerful someone is now right before they either get dragged into a rabbit show or get curbstomped themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreliable_narrator

I think this basically covers Yhwach's foresight. Only the bad guys have confirmed that he has it at all, and of course they're all claiming it's perfect. But I just think Yhwach can't really predict Ichigo at all, and his predictions for him are just him being smart enough to predict Ichigo's behavior.

Basically, I trust Yhwach's foresight as much as I trust Aizen's invincibility. Ichigo's immune to both.

SoulUnison

Banned
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreliable_narrator

I think this basically covers Yhwach's foresight. Only the bad guys have confirmed that he has it at all, and of course they're all claiming it's perfect. But I just think Yhwach can't really predict Ichigo at all, and his predictions for him are just him being smart enough to predict Ichigo's behavior.

Basically, I trust Yhwach's foresight as much as I trust Aizen's invincibility. Ichigo's immune to both.

I bet he can't predict the influence of Hollows on events, so Ichigo embracing and controlling his Hollow side makes him a "blind spot" to Almighty. Like, if you imagine Yhwach as watching a bunch of video feeds of everything happening in the world, as soon as Ichigo switches on Hollow powers it's like the monitor labelled "Ichigo" turns to static, then it comes back on when Ichigo returns to "normal."

Yhwach can possibly see the "results" then, but he doesn't know what actually lead up to them since a Hollow was a major player, and he can misinterpret or be mislead by what he sees the future as.

Come to think of it, typing that out made me think that Ichigo will do to Yhwach what White did to his mother. Yhwach has "seen" the result of this battle as being him cutting down Ichigo, but maybe Ichigo lets himself be cut by Yhwach's blade or otherwise sacrifices himself to "infect" Yhwach, destroying him via Soul Suicide, which Yhwach would never be able to "see" coming since it's a death by Hollow.

Yhwach's "vision" and "interpretation" might be:
Ichigo appears -> ????? -> Yhwach standing over an (apparently?) dead Ichigo -> ?????

He interprets the first ????? as Ichigo doing "something" to thwart Almighty, but then assumes it's ultimately futile because of the "dead Ichigo" segment of the vision.
Then he possibly interprets the SECOND ????? as himself just DEACTIVATING Almighty because he's won, it's no longer "necessary," and he's fairly arrogant and considers his "foreknowledge" infallible.

When the "real" sequence of event would be:
Ichigo appears -> Ichigo activates Balanced Hollowfication and sacrifices himself -> Yhwach standing over an (apparently?) dead Ichigo -> Yhwach can no longer control Almighty and/or implodes due to Soul Suicide.

I bet he can't predict the influence of Hollows on events, so Ichigo embracing and controlling his Hollow side makes him a "blind spot" to Almighty. Like, if you imagine Yhwach as watching a bunch of video feeds of everything happening in the world, as soon as Ichigo switches on Hollow powers it's like the monitor labelled "Ichigo" turns to static, then it comes back on when Ichigo returns to "normal."

Yhwach can possibly see the "results" then, but he doesn't know what actually lead up to them since a Hollow was a major player, and he can misinterpret or be mislead by what he sees the future as.

Come to think of it, typing that out made me think that Ichigo will do to Yhwach what White did to his mother. Yhwach has "seen" the result of this battle as being him cutting down Ichigo, but maybe Ichigo lets himself be cut by Yhwach's blade or otherwise sacrifices himself to "infect" Yhwach, destroying him via Soul Suicide, which Yhwach would never be able to "see" coming since it's a death by Hollow.
Makes sense, actually, since Yhwach saw the Getsuga Tensho coming but failed to see the Gran Ray Cero until it hit him.

Most people are forgetting that Ichigo met the Soul King before Ywach "ate" him for lunch. That is very important as it can lead to the destroying the enemy from within.

Ichigo still hasn't touched Bankai and the other Captains haven't made it to the battlefield yet to witness the final battle. Kubo hasn't forgotten the Execution team either and they will have a role to play once Ywach uses his Quincy Bankai.

I'm still waiting to confirm if Orihime is secretly the O Star Knight thats been spying on Ichigo and co all this time. (Her powers are basicially like a Quincy's with the hairpins being the focus point.) Would make sense if she was O for Ouborous with her focus on Healing and Rejecting all objects.

Yhwach's "vision" and "interpretation" might be:
Ichigo appears -> ????? -> Yhwach standing over an (apparently?) dead Ichigo -> ?????

He interprets the first ????? as Ichigo doing "something" to thwart Almighty, but then assumes it's ultimately futile because of the "dead Ichigo" segment of the vision.
Then he possibly interprets the SECOND ????? as himself just DEACTIVATING Almighty because he's won, it's no longer "necessary," and he's fairly arrogant and considers his "foreknowledge" infallible.

When the "real" sequence of event would be:
Ichigo appears -> Ichigo activates Balanced Hollowfication and sacrifices himself -> Yhwach standing over an (apparently?) dead Ichigo -> Yhwach can no longer control Almighty and/or implodes due to Soul Suicide.

Good explanation. Either way, Almighty isn't really what Yhwach says it is. I wonder if Ryuken will be the one to explain it? I bet he knows the ability more than anyone else, maybe even Haschwald.

Most people are forgetting that Ichigo met the Soul King before Ywach "ate" him for lunch. That is very important as it can lead to the destroying the enemy from within.

Ichigo still hasn't touched Bankai and the other Captains haven't made it to the battlefield yet to witness the final battle. Kubo hasn't forgotten the Execution team either and they will have a role to play once Ywach uses his Quincy Bankai.

I'm still waiting to confirm if Orihime is secretly the O Star Knight thats been spying on Ichigo and co all this time. (Her powers are basicially like a Quincy's with the hairpins being the focus point.) Would make sense if she was O for Ouborous with her focus on Healing and Rejecting all objects.

Yeah, I forgot about the Execution gang. I actually really liked that arc, so I'm excited to see them again. Hopefully for some good power usage.

And I hope Orihime is just super weird. I don't want her to fit into any of the groups we've got already. And I want her powers to do something good for once :p

qcf x2

I think Almighty might be the power to see two futures and pick the more beneficial one. That would explain why he had a dream about Ichigo killing him and said it was awesome. He's the biggest jobber in Bleach history, so no Ichigo attacking him at this point means absolutely nothing. He is no kind of danger right now. Kubo still has the trump card sitting in a designer chair, ready for his conveniently broken bankai, which I'm starting to believe gives him
the ability to warp/turn back time in limited increments.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have to say I've been much more keen on this arc than anything since the OG Soul Society story. I really hope it gets animated someday.

Ray Down

Banned
I have to say I've been much more keen on this arc than anything since the OG Soul Society story. I really hope it gets animated someday.

At this point I don't see this shit getting animated. We legit got what 4 fights left, we would have gotten some announcement I feel by now if Jump want to revive the anime.

You don't want to watch the cast act out public domain fairy tales with a WaCkY Bleach(tm) twist!?

NO D:< .... but now that you mention it, a Bleach version of the Wizard of Oz - with Orihime as Dorothy, Kenpachi as a bloodthirsty Scarecrow, Komamura as the Tin Man, and Kon as the Cowardly Lion - may convince me otherwise

NO D:< .... but now that you mention it, a Bleach version of the Wizard of Oz - with Orihime as Dorothy, Kenpachi as a bloodthirsty Scarecrow, Komamura as the Tin Man, and Kon as the Cowardly Lion - may convince me otherwise
Man, I miss Kon.

Bleach started to lose its magic when they off screened Kon and the school gang.

I appreciated the info about how Yhwach's almighty ability works. Glad he decided to use it.

I wish I could see more despair from Ichigo, though. I doubt he will win against Yhwach with the bankai, at least now. The Chair must have to fight.

Surely with Yhwach already losing his cool, he can't be the final boss...

He didn't seem to be losing his cool. Just giving the standard you can't defeat me because speech. In his case it's You can't defeat me because I can see all the possible actions you can take.

Remember when a cliffhanged Bankai was hype as fuck? I don't.

Well, it's Ichigo, after all. Every power up he got through the Fullbringer and 1000 Year arc has felt underwhelming and tossed aside very quickly.

The only two Bankais I'm interested in seeing now are The King's and Shinji's

Tamanon

Banned
I'm enjoying this fight thus far. Ywhach's explanation of the power is really making me wonder how the hell Ichigo will win. Unless it involved the Hogyoku "changing reality".

I'm enjoying this fight thus far. Ywhach's explanation of the power is really making me wonder how the hell Ichigo will win. Unless it involved the Hogyoku "changing reality".

My crackpot theory was that his bankai will be like Mayuri/Urahara/etc... and summon his full resurrection form as a partner to fight with. It seems like Yhwach can't predict Hollow stuff very well, and it would keep to Ichigo's dual sword thing he's got going on now.

The easy argument against this is that this is a shonen and I don't think Ichigo would get a summon. It's far likelier to be another bitchin' sword :p

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
If only there was a character nearby whose power was entirely based on rejecting reality through sheer willpower.

So, is Ichigo going to use something Quincy or Fullbringer related? Cause if the Grand Rey Cero can surprise Yawach, I'm sure the other two powers will.

Eusis

So, is Ichigo going to use something Quincy or Fullbringer related? Cause if the Grand Rey Cero can surprise Yawach, I'm sure the other two powers will.
He also wasn't using his far sight then. Then he decided it was too tough and decided to start skimming ahead afterall.

ohlawd

Ichigo is going to move really fast. So no matter if he does predict it - he still has to fight.

my prediction

Ichigo can move so fast he travels back in time and fights a Yhwach who doesn't have his Almighty ability yet*

*don't know if he's always had this ability but didn't use it against his old fight with Yamamoto

Highwind

Hahaha, did he really just troll us with Ichi's bankai?

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBO PLS!

I can't have been the only one that was confused by those two double spread pages.

Kain

Sooooo Ichigo is a jobber, we already knew that. Knowing Kubo his bankai will be the only thing in the universe that can stop Ywach's because it will be specifically crafted to counter it. That or some other char has a perfect counter. Because he is too OP.

Aizen save us.

Buckbeard's power makes no sense to me.

He changes the future and by changing the future he changes the present?

The logistics are completely lost on me.

Buckbeard's power makes no sense to me.

He changes the future and by changing the future he changes the present?

The logistics are completely lost on me.

I think he changes the Future and because the Future is changed at the time the future becomes the present the present is therefore changed. So he looked into the Future and saw Ichigo's Bankai and broke it, then when Ichigo's Bankai happened in the present it was broken because it was broken in what (was previously) the Future. Or phrased alternatively he decides what will happen and then when time reaches that point his decided future happens.

(Trying to discuss temporally manipulation sucks since we need several more classes of verb :p).

Linkark07

Banned
Just imagining this if it was animated:

*Number One starts playing on the background

Ichigo: Bankai. Tensa Zangetsu...

Ichigo notices his bankai was broken. Number One stops playing, just like when Aizen stopped him.

I knew Yhwach was too OP, but like almost all Quincies, his powers make no sense at all.

Kubo needs to realize that making the villain too broken doesn't make it interesting, it just makes the entire thing bullshit when the heroes pull a solution out of their ass

Top Bottom