• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Also I'm unsure in what way Aizen will help...or what will happen to him once this crisis is taken care of.

The quincy boss's power is all about perceiving all possibilities. Aizen's is about fucking with your perception. Seems pretty straightforward.

SoulUnison

Banned
Haschwalt's shield cracked when it took in some of Uryu's "misfortune."

Uryu is going to purposefully injure himself over and over to the brink of death until there's no shield left, and then "swap situations" with Hashbrowns for the killing blow.

SoulUnison

Banned
Basically. Its like I'm watching Yu-Gi-Oh, only everyone is the MC and always some how pulls out Exodia on every turn.

"I play Monster Reborn!"
"I play Monster Redead!"
"I play Redead Rebuff!"
"I play Rebuff Revoke!"
"I go the fuck home. You're cheating."

Haschwalt's shield cracked when it took in some of Uryu's "misfortune."

Uryu is going to purposefully injure himself over and over to the brink of death until there's no shield left, and then "swap situations" with Hashbrowns for the killing blow.

I would guess the shield has a limit of like 1 normal person's HP. So Haschwald can't lose a 1v1 and if you spread it out correctly, he's beatable with 2 or more (AKA I think Ryuken is going to show up, take some damage, the shield will break, then they'll kill him).

I imagine that Isshin is going to Ichigo, though since we don't know much about his powers, I can't imagine how he'd help.

qcf x2

Okay, here's what I think will do it: Aizen's bankai will inject his illusions into every possible future, so Yhwach gets mixed up no matter what, while Ichigo cuts him down. And because Yhwach already saw everything, he already saw Aizen's bankai, so he's affected.

Alternate stupid ending: Ichigo holds out until nightfall and kills Yhwach when his powers transfer to Haschwalth.

What happens when Hashtag is dead and Yhwach needs to sleep?

Hmmm that's an interesting point. I wonder if there is a hidden level of power when a Shinigami releases their zanpakuto. Ichigo had Mugestsu, and Komamura had his human form.

If Ichigo releases his zanpakuto, Zangetsu is going to get some serious abandonment issues lol

His dad taught him the final getsuga, so presumably his dad knows how to do it. And considering this war is for all the marbles, in a sensible story he would have taught all the other good guys one by one in the hyperbolic chamber and it would be a bunch of Final whatevers.

Shame that Urahara was wasted on that other awful, awful fight.

I'm curious about Ishida.

Askin was one of the few bright spots in this arc, post-Auschwalen. The thing about Uryu is he's a schemer, and we still haven't seen the fruits of his labor yet. Also, his pops is likely several orders of magnitude more of a schemer. There are going to be traps on top of traps, and lest we forget the Ishida clan has that forbidden technique thing where they absorb all reishi, something that no other quincy to date seems to know about (back in the SS arc, Mayuri noted that it was not in any of his research notes). And Kubo might go and give Ryuken the schrift for Alpha or Omega or some other nonsense, even though Ryuuken was never part of the vandenreich. Regardless, he has right to be stupidly strong.

Hmm we'll see about that. I do want Aizen to fuck with Yhwach though.

He already did it once, you know he's gonna do it some more. Hey Yhwach, it's suddenly night time, look! Sleepy time!

I would guess the shield has a limit of like 1 normal person's HP. So Haschwald can't lose a 1v1 and if you spread it out correctly, he's beatable with 2 or more (AKA I think Ryuken is going to show up, take some damage, the shield will break, then they'll kill him).

I imagine that Isshin is going to Ichigo, though since we don't know much about his powers, I can't imagine how he'd help.

Don't forget he's gonna have a Volstandigg and he's going to be stronger than the other dude.

Ray Down

Banned
Fuck off if these spoilers are true

Chapter seems to be starting to counting down. Indication of an ending soon?

Short summary.

Ichigo fainted.

Gerard was absorbed as well. All that remains is a giant white skeleton.

Rukia and Renji arrives and saw a gate to the other world being opened.

Yhwach warns them and say that he will kill them if they try to follow.

Then he disappear into the gate.

Raxus

I am sure we will hear news soon about the series entering its end game. We have literally ran out of guys to kill this arc.

Ray Down

Banned
Finally this mess will end, will it even have a ending reaction like Naruto?

Will Oda bother commenting on Kubo for once, and maybe end the rumor they don't care for each other?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This arc has been going on for four years?

Hystzen

Judging from that colour title page and fact we in The End chapter numbering is probably 20 max. how long was Deicide ? it going be roughly the same.

Uryu fucking denied a win by Kubo Ffs but some badass art and speeches that's about it

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I must say that speech at the end is probably the cruelest statement or plan a villain has done in bleach. This guy litterally going to wait until your happiest moment to kill you off, not only simultaneous reminding you of his statement whenever your happy but actually getting off his ass and doing it when you've reached the apex. That's a long game if ever I saw one.

Mendrox

I think it's amazing that Gerard didn't got killed by our heroes, but had to be killed by the villain himself. What a fucking trainwreck.

Eusis

Yeah, you keep raising the stakes like that and you have to question how it'd go. But this was looking the most likely given Bleach's history.

Linkark07

Banned
Uryu fucking denied a win by Kubo Ffs but some badass art and speeches that's about it

After this Kubo should just focus doing art for other mangas, animes, videogames... whatever except write a new manga series.

And what the hell did I read today? Each chapter makes less sense than the last one.

I think it's amazing that Gerard didn't got killed by our heroes, but had to be killed by the villain himself. What a fucking trainwreck.

It's fucking bullshit. He killed Robert accutrone, lilloto, zombie girl, and now Haschwalth and Gerard. But of course not Uryu because muh plot armor, even thought he was granted power as well.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I must say that speech at the end is probably the cruelest statement or plan a villain has done in bleach. This guy litterally going to wait until your happiest moment to kill you off, not only simultaneous reminding you of his statement whenever your happy but actually getting off his ass and doing it when you've reached the apex. That's a long game if ever I saw one.
Solution: never be happy

ohlawd

I kinda wanted that fake spoiler to be real about changing the past so it changes the future shit and Tsukishima and the other Full bringers joining in

Eusis

It's fucking bullshit. He killed Robert accutrone, lilloto, zombie girl, and now Haschwalth and Gerard. But of course not Uryu because muh plot armor, even thought he was granted power as well.
Uryu pointedly was not hit by this when it happened to all half bloods and other "impure" Quincies. It's possible that power, again, kept him skipped over and if he's not full on immune then he at least needs to be face grabbed like Ichigo or whatever.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
This is kinda fucked up, if it really is ending soon. There's... a LOT that Kubo never covered. I was honestly expecting a whole turn back the pendulum-style flashback mini-arc to explain the original Quincy/Shinigami war, show Yhwach when he was young, give some actual fuckin backstory and motivation to what's happening here. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, we don't know ANYTHING about the Soul King. I've given the story the benefit of the doubt numerous times so far because I believed Kubo was just hinting at things that'd be explained later, but if the story is really in its final throes and doesn't address any of this shit, I'm gonna toss Kubo on the shitheap of history where he belongs.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Solution: never be happy

That's the kicker, if your never happy is life even worth living anymore.
Uryu pointedly was not hit by this when it happened to all half bloods and other "impure" Quincies. It's possible that power, again, kept him skipped over and if he's not full on immune then he at least needs to be face grabbed like Ichigo or whatever.

Technically, there's nothing stopping Antithesis from making such an effect backfire badly on Yhwach

Eusis

That's the kicker, if your never happy is life even worth living anymore.

Technically, there's nothing stopping Antithesis from making such an effect backfire badly on Yhwach
And that too. Hell, I'm guessing these powers surface based on one's innate abilities and Yhwach just made Uryu's more OP in relation to him.

cyborg009

Banned
This is kinda fucked up, if it really is ending soon. There's... a LOT that Kubo never covered. I was honestly expecting a whole turn back the pendulum-style flashback mini-arc to explain the original Quincy/Shinigami war, show Yhwach when he was young, give some actual fuckin backstory and motivation to what's happening here. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, we don't know ANYTHING about the Soul King. I've given the story the benefit of the doubt numerous times so far because I believed Kubo was just hinting at things that'd be explained later, but if the story is really in its final throes and doesn't address any of this shit, I'm gonna toss Kubo on the shitheap of history where he belongs.

Reminds me of how Gantz ended, so many plot holes.

Yeah, but I don't get it. Yhwach never looked that cruel to me. He had his objective but he didn't seem sadistic.

Anyway, why you don't just cut your enemy's head? You are just begging Ichigo to be "revived" and destroy your plans in the end. Sigh.

My guess is that this is where the Yhwach arc ends. Ichigo will be live with that terror ever after and that's it. What is left of the manga is giving closure to Aizen, replacing the Soul King and some other pending plot holes

Eusis

My guess is that this is where the Yhwach arc ends. Ichigo will be live with that terror ever after and that's it. What is left of the manga is giving closure to Aizen, replacing the Soul King and some other pending plot holes
That'd be kind of stupefying if he was just giving empty threats and chills in another dimension or whatever forever. Most likely he went to the real world to do... Whatever.

And that too. Hell, I'm guessing these powers surface based on one's innate abilities and Yhwach just made Uryu's more OP in relation to him.

They seem to be based on strong emotional desires more than ability (As wanted to escape his fear , Gremmy wanted to be able to affect things, Mask wanted to be a hero , etc ).

Soriku

Bleach doesn't have the balls to do this.

Actually I was thinking during that end speech, which I thought was pretty awesome, that if this were a different manga it would be chilling if the story went on but at random times the main characters would just be silently assassinated. It would really depend on execution though.

Top Bottom