• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

daveo42

Banned
I didn't think I'd ever see the day Bleach would finally be coming to a close. I feel like nothing had really even happened in the past hundred or so chapters. Aizen hasn't shown up in months (or more), everyone else is dead, in shambles, passed out or just somewhere off panel. Yhwach just peaced out with his broken ass broken power.

Now all that's left is some sort of weird extra special Ichigo power up to happen so he can come in and save the day. Man...I hope it's something exceptionally dumb like a "Power of Friendship Fusion" or "This is the culmination of my friendships and relationships over the past x years" power that flubs it way around the ability to change the future. I will say I'm excited for the eventual anime adaptation cause some of these abilities should look real awesome if animated properly.

That'd be kind of stupefying if he was just giving empty threats and chills in another dimension or whatever forever. Most likely he went to the real world to do... Whatever.

Well the implication would not be that those are empty threats, but that eventually they will all be obliterated. In most stories the heroes kill the villain and live happily after, in this story they would defeat the final villain (Aizen) but they will not live without worries after because their doom is a certainty somewhere in the future. A finale with a sense of fatality

Or I'm just an Aizen fanboy who wants to see more of him

Hystzen

This is actually perfect time for the dead Fullbringers and Ganju to turn up. Tsukshima can insert himself into past changing everything, Grikio had time based powers and Ginjo could absorb and devour powers. Tsukshima forced Byakuya to his knees even fought at Bankai Byakuya level due to his ability.

Ahhh who kidding Kubo forgot that he showed them all preparing for war

qcf x2

Ah crap I just remembered what's gonna happen here w/ Ichigo. The page with his "memories" is a big hint. PURE WHITE with a shot of Mamasaki.

As far as that portal thing though, anything goes. What's on the other side, Kubo? I'm tempted to knock him for Yhwach conveniently leaving it open for them to follow him but he is supposedly the strongest creature in all of existence, so I guess you can do that.

Astral

I think that speech and the fantastic art made up for the bullshit that happened in this chapter. In a perfect world, Bleach would go in a dark path where tons of characters start being killed off because the villain is just too powerful. So many characters should have died by now but Kubo didn't have the balls to kill them. Hinamori should have died when Hitsugaya stabbed her, Hiyori should have died when she got chopped in fucking half, and Byakuya should have died when he got blasted in the face with his own Bankai. Byakuya's death would've been the coolest shit because he's actually a cool character and accidentally killing Hinamori would've wrecked Hitsugaya.

qcf x2

Yeah, but I don't get it. Yhwach never looked that cruel to me. He had his objective but he didn't seem sadistic.

Anyway, why you don't just cut your enemy's head? You are just begging Ichigo to be "revived" and destroy your plans in the end. Sigh.

This never happens in any story except maybe Game of Thrones. As for Yhwach, I mean, I don't even know why he's angry. Who is he? Why does he want to destroy all creation? What is his plan for after? What does he care about?

At least Aizen made it clear that he felt like the Soul King was doing a crap job (seemed spot on tbh) and he wanted to take over. He made his motives clear from the moment he was revealed to all as a villain. Yhwach? No clue.

I think that speech and the fantastic art made up for the bullshit that happened in this chapter. In a perfect world, Bleach would go in a dark path where tons of characters start being killed off because the villain is just too powerful. So many characters should have died by now but Kubo didn't have the balls to kill them. Hinamori should have died when Hitsugaya stabbed her, Hiyori should have died when she got chopped in fucking half, and Byakuya should have died when he got blasted in the face with his own Bankai. Byakuya's death would've been the coolest shit because he's actually a cool character and accidentally killing Hinamori would've wrecked Hitsugaya.

I agree with all of this except Byakuya. Kubo actually intended him to be dead. Death threats and such from "fans" changed his mind, understandably.

Astral

This never happens in any story except maybe Game of Thrones. As for Yhwach, I mean, I don't even know why he's angry. Who is he? Why does he want to destroy all creation? What is his plan for after? What does he care about?

At least Aizen made it clear that he felt like the Soul King was doing a crap job (seemed spot on tbh) and he wanted to take over. He made his motives clear from the moment he was revealed to all as a villain. Yhwach? No clue.

I agree with all of this except Byakuya. Kubo actually intended him to be dead. Death threats and such from "fans" changed his mind, understandably.

Are you kidding me? I had a feeling the fans were involved but I thought he never intended to really kill him off due to the hate he knew he'd get. It really sucks when authors can't write what they wanna write because some fans will get pissed. That's one of the reasons I love Jojo so much. Araki is not at all afraid to kill off his characters, even when they're favorites of his.

Eusis

Tousen's bankai is kind of a counter to Yhwach, isn't it? It blinds you, so he wouldn't be able to see anything.
He could see into the future and probably at least know each time he got hit by an attack. If it doesn't shut down his future sight he'd probably just know each time he was about to be hit and dodge and counter.

And Grinmmjow should have been killed by Nnoitra

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So 5-6 chapters left. Jesus, I just realized that means there's little to no chance of giving closure to Zaraki and Yachiru's situation.

Ventara

Wait, what? There's only 5-6 chapters left? I haven't been keeping up, but aren't they in they still in the middle of a huge fight with lots of loose ends?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Wait, what? There's only 5-6 chapters left? I haven't been keeping up, but aren't they in they still in the middle of a huge fight with lots of loose ends?

They sure are. The other thread about this says the next volume release is the last one, and there are already like five chapters released to go in it. This is going to be a disaster of unmitigated proportions.

Ventara

They sure are. The other thread about this says the next volume release is the last one, and there are already like five chapters released to go in it. This is going to be a disaster of unmitigated proportions.

Man, this is going to be a mess. I mean, it's possible to pull off a good ending, but I don't think Kubo can do that.

Why the sudden end? I know in Japan they have a ranking system thanks to Bakuman. Has it been doing poorly there? Thought the books were still selling tons which is why they were dragging things out.

GhostBed

Wow, over in less than two months, huh. Interested to see how this goes. Maybe some extra long chapters? There's a lot to tie up yet.

I thought Kubo had just messed up when he gave Book of the End the ability to alter physical reality by altering its past but apparently it was deliberate. It can change the past absolutely. And he didn't change it in a way involving himself either, he just changed events he had no part in

(This makes the conflicting memory brain shutdown thing seen weird though because he's altering reality not memories). But lol consistency.

Heroman

Banned
Bleach 681
giphy1.gif

I just dont understand what is happening right now.

daveo42

Banned
You get a panel! You get a panel! You get a panel! Everybody gets a panel!!!!!!!!!

I also won't be surprised if
Ichigo's new sword subverts Yhwach's weird broken future ability because it doesn't exist in "this" history.
It's like Kubo finished
Zero Time Dilemma
before writing this chapter.

Hystzen

Bahaha last week further up this page I said this is perfect time for Fullbringers to turn up.

People forgot how broken Tsukshima was he stabbed a path to alter memories in his Byakuya fight.

I don't get Haschwalth in this chapter. Basically he was moved after hearing Ishida's reasons? But he decides to help only after being betrayed? lol

And Tsukishima... I kinda like his character and power, but yeah... Bullshit. But Kubo could have done worse so I'll take it.

Arabesque

I don't get Haschwalth in this chapter. Basically he was moved after hearing Ishida's reasons? But he decides to help only after being betrayed? lol

And Tsukishima... I kinda like his character and power, but yeah... Bullshit. But Kubo could have done worse so I'll take it.

If you re-read Haschwalth's bit near the end of this "fight", if you can call it that, then it becomes clear that the entire reason why he was asking Ishida about his reasons was because he was conflicted after killing Bazz, his one and only firend.

So when he seen how Ishida is throwing away serving a higher purpose for Yhwach's sake, opposite of what Haschwalth did, he kind felt like he made the wrong choice. So now that he's dead, he at least want Ishida to not fell the regret he's feeling.

It all could've been better handled, if we got more about Haschwalth, Bazz-B and conversations with Ishida this arc, and there is a good story here. But you know Kubo.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Wait a minute, that kid Fullbringer, the video game one, he's in one of those panels. Didn't he.. not die? Am I misremembering that?

He could use his dimension stuff to travel around, maybe that's how the fullbringers got into Quincy-land here.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wait a minute, that kid Fullbringer, the video game one, he's in one of those panels. Didn't he.. not die? Am I misremembering that?

He could use his dimension stuff to travel around, maybe that's how the fullbringers got into Quincy-land here.

The only Fullbringers that died were Ginjo, Tsukishima, and butler guy. Everyone else survived.
PSP kid showed up earlier in the arc with annoying tsundere.

Tsukishima's appearance is basically Kubo following up on Ganju walking off with them long ago, and then not doing anything with that (even when Ganju reappeared).

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The only Fullbringers that died were Ginjo, Tsukishima, and butler guy. Everyone else survived.
PSP kid showed up earlier in the arc with annoying tsundere.

Tsukishima's appearance is basically Kubo following up on Ganju walking off with them long ago, and then not doing anything with that (even when Ganju reappeared).

Yea, I remember them walkin off, and was waiting for them to show up. But here we have PSP kid instead of butler guy, which was throwin me off.

If you re-read Haschwalth's bit near the end of this "fight", if you can call it that, then it becomes clear that the entire reason why he was asking Ishida about his reasons was because he was conflicted after killing Bazz, his one and only firend.

So when he seen how Ishida is throwing away serving a higher purpose for Yhwach's sake, opposite of what Haschwalth did, he kind felt like he made the wrong choice. So now that he's dead, he at least want Ishida to not fell the regret he's feeling.

It all could've been better handled, if we got more about Haschwalth, Bazz-B and conversations with Ishida this arc, and there is a good story here. But you know Kubo.
Thanks, I completely forgot about Bazz-B. That makes sense.

And PSP kid totally survived the Fullbringer arc, guys.

Astral

I have no problem with Tsukishima showing up and doing his thing as I expected it to happen. Really it seems like the only counter to Yhwach kinda. Though wasn't his ability to insert himself into the past not straight up later if it? What did he do? Insert himself so that he stopped Yhwach from breaking it somehow or convince Ichigo not to fight him? That's the only thing I can think of.

Eusis

The truth is simple: nobody like butler dude, so he got quickly swapped with the popular kid.
Actually given his abilities are tied to time too I wonder if he'll pop up to neutralize or otherwise mess up Yhwach's future abilities.

Which makes it seem like it was dumb to not have them with Ganju afterall. Could've even held them up with the sand golem or whatever fight if you needed them out of the initial Ichigo/Yhwach bout.

Mr Git

Bahaha last week further up this page I said this is perfect time for Fullbringers to turn up.

People forgot how broken Tsukshima was he stabbed a path to alter memories in his Byakuya fight.

Well called! I had completely forgotten about Tsukshima.

Are there really only a few chapters left? So many loose ends. Feels amusingly similar to Naruto in that it's just gonna rush to an ending after a shitstorm. I suppose that explains why everyone started throwing out their bankais, but if the series ends with Kenpachi just... lying there. :/

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I have no problem with Tsukishima showing up and doing his thing as I expected it to happen. Really it seems like the only counter to Yhwach kinda. Though wasn't his ability to insert himself into the past not straight up later if it? What did he do? Insert himself so that he stopped Yhwach from breaking it somehow or convince Ichigo not to fight him? That's the only thing I can think of.

I believe he swapped himself with yhwach, since Yhwach went out found a future where ichigo's bankai broke and orihimecan't fix it he changed that future, which is now the past by making it so that he destroyed Ichigo's sword. Since he doesn't have the almighty's power him destroying the sword has none of the hax involved in such an act some Orihime can fix Zangetsu whereas she shouldn't before. It's all kinda bullshit but hey it's bleach

Are there really only a few chapters left? So many loose ends. Feels amusingly similar to Naruto in that it's just gonna rush to an ending after a shitstorm. I suppose that explains why everyone started throwing out their bankais, but if the series ends with Kenpachi just... lying there. :/

The pacing in this arc has been wildly inconstent through out. Its had battles off screened and screwed around for chapters. I suspect Kubo wanted to do something longer and the editors have been applying inconstent pressure to get on with it.

Arabesque

The way it works is that Tsukishima's powers allows him to falsify the past of anything or anyone he cuts. With people, he can make them remember things incorrectly or wrongly, and can even replace or insert himself in their memories so that they believe him to be the most important person in their lives. But he can also go a different route and also falsify the past of the things he cuts so that it changes what happened to it, like he did in the fight with Byukyua when he cut the ground and made a pillar appear there.

What he did in this chapter was that he changed Yhwach's future of "Ichigo's Bankai will always be broken" to a past where "Ichigo's Bankai can be restored by Orihime". It works, sorta, on a technicality. Even though it shows that there was no point why Ichigo would then go at the start of the arc to get his Bankai fixed if Orihime could have always fixed it.

Naruto at least had the final fight with Sasuke left. Bleach ... I mean, there is no way this ending can be satisfying.

What happened with Chad and fighting the statues?

He got bodied off screen.

Ain't sad.

Top Bottom