• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Tamanon

Banned
Ya know what, I love Tsukishima coming back, as altering the past is the perfect counter to altering the future. Love that he had that card just lying around.

Although, I still have no idea how ichigo will power through this one.

qcf x2

I would have been fine with these lame Fullbringers doing something a long time ago, like against the fodder quincies. I hope their role is done now that Tsukishima undid Ichigo's bankai being broken (lol @ Ichigo suddenly going from 99.99999% dead to "let's do this!"). The rest of this needs to be Ichigo + pops + Ishida + pops + Aizen against Yhwach. That's it. Nobody else matters.

Eusis

I would have been fine with these lame Fullbringers doing something a long time ago, like against the fodder quincies. I hope their role is done now that Tsukishima undid Ichigo's bankai being broken (lol @ Ichigo suddenly going from 99.99999% dead to "let's do this!"). The rest of this needs to be Ichigo + pops + Ishida + pops + Aizen against Yhwach. That's it. Nobody else matters.
If he can still survive Aizen's reiatsu he should go back, pick him up, and swing him as a crude weapon against Yhwach.

Eusis

Shuu-chan would have helped alot in the battles by stabbing the quincies and make them turn against Yhawch.
The idea of him overnight being BFFs with the entire Quincy army is funny to think about.

Half expect many would still side with Yhwach but it'd be civil war right there while he stands there being a smug prick.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The rest of this needs to be Ichigo + pops + Ishida + pops + Aizen against Yhwach. That's it. Nobody else matters.
This is so fucking true. Kubo could slightly redeem himself if he made one final huge battle with these five collaborating and dropping information/knowledge throughout it that clears up some holes.

But we know that won't happen. Instead Ichigo will do "Final FINAL Getsuga Tenshou" - a Spirit Bomb copycat that takes in the reiatsu of everyone else around him and is one big Getsuga enough to erase Bach from existence. One big Ink Splash on a page and then...finish battle.

Then everyone loses their powers.

The end.

Fuck off Kubo.

The idea of him overnight being BFFs with the entire Quincy army is funny to think about.

Half expect many would still side with Yhwach but it'd be civil war right there while he stands there being a smug prick.
He'd just absorb them all anyway, and we'd be exactly where we are right now--maybe a few chapters sooner.

Ya know what, I love Tsukishima coming back, as altering the past is the perfect counter to altering the future. Love that he had that card just lying around.

Although, I still have no idea how ichigo will power through this one.

Ichigo will have to perform a Fusion Dance with Tsukishima, duh :p

Nairume

Banned
Ichigo will have to perform a Fusion Dance with Tsukishima, duh :p
Clearly the solution is that Tsukishima will alter the past to where he's actually Ichigo's grandfather, making Ichigo also half-Tsukishima on top of being half-shinigami, half-hollow, and half-quincy, and thus inherits those powers too.

Clearly the solution is that Tsukishima will alter the past to where he's actually Ichigo's grandfather, making Ichigo also half-Tsukishima on top of being half-shinigami, half-hollow, and half-quincy, and thus inherits those powers too.

This can only work if Aizen turns out to be his other grandfather. Then, through Tsukishima's memory reaping, Ichigo will tap into Aizen's power, too.

Also, lol at Renji getting his bankai wrecked again

Eusis

This can only work if Aizen turns out to be his other grandfather. Then, through Tsukishima's memory reaping, Ichigo will tap into Aizen's power, too.

Also, lol at Renji getting his bankai wrecked again
That was just his Shikai. So no big deal unless Yhwach changed the future so it was perma broke.

Well called! I had completely forgotten about Tsukshima.

Are there really only a few chapters left? So many loose ends. Feels amusingly similar to Naruto in that it's just gonna rush to an ending after a shitstorm. I suppose that explains why everyone started throwing out their bankais, but if the series ends with Kenpachi just... lying there. :/
How could you forget Aizen 2?
He's hilarious, one of the best things in Bleach.

Ray Down

Banned
Bleach spoilers:

Yhwach and Aizen Faceoff

Renji thank Ichigo for making him reconcile with Rukia.

Ichigo and Renji arrive and see Yhwach/Aizen

Zangetsu cracks but doesn't break

Ishida's father gives Ishida some sanctified arrowhead that can kill any Quincy if shot through the heart

That ass pull...

Bleach spoilers:

Yhwach and Aizen Faceoff

Ishida's father gives Ishida some sanctified arrowhead that can kill any Quincy if shot through the heart

That ass pull...

Where dat from?

paolo11

Bleach spoilers:

Yhwach and Aizen Faceoff

That ass pull...

Lol, is this the last chapter?

Mendrox

-> Aizen is back
-> Ichigo is back
-> Sword almost broken again lol

Man dat rush.

Also "Here take this bs arrow! We won't follow you though lol"

Hystzen

Deus ex arrow is hilarious but rest chapter fine. Renji is best bro thanking Ichigo now he can get laid with Rukia again so cheers Ichigo.

Lol at Aizen just been sat waiting in SS with no guards nothing lets just leave the super dangerous immortal alone what could go wrong.

scarlet

Deus ex arrow is hilarious but rest chapter fine. Renji is best bro thanking Ichigo now he can get laid with Rukia again so cheers Ichigo.

Lol at Aizen just been sat waiting in SS with no guards nothing lets just leave the super dangerous immortal alone what could go wrong.

Well technically there's no strong guard left in SS.

Linkark07

Banned
Lol at dat arrow. Come on Kubo, I know you need to finish this fast, but this is blatantly obvious.

Wonder who will win? Broken abilities of Yhawch or Aizen trolling.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well technically there's no strong guard left in SS.
Rose is dead
Kensei is dead
Yamamoto is dead
All of your friends are dead
Kira's a mecha zombie
Aizen is back
Yhwach is invincible
GAME OVER

qcf x2

The rest of this needs to be Ichigo + pops + Ishida + pops + Aizen against Yhwach. That's it. Nobody else matters.

So far so good... Aizen da GAWD is the only thing that can help Bleach pass on with dignity. But why did Yhwach seek him out (again) and why did Yhwach free him from the chair? My last wild and crazy theory is that
Yhwach is Aizen's bankai, relating to Ichigo's statement about Aizen just wanting to find somebody worth fighting. The timelines actually match up.

As for the quincy arrow, the suddenness is offputting because the manga is ending quickly, but it is not an asspull or something completely out of thin air. It explains a few things very clearly:

1. Why Ryuuken runs a hospital; this has been a thing since the beginning of the manga. Answer: dissection and research, specifically of quincy that survive Auschwalen.

2. Why Ryuuken was dissecting his wife moments after she died; this was shown years ago. Answer: to harvest the quincy silver clots.

It also fits into the quincy gadgetry stuff that we knew about pre- final arc. I would go so far as to say that Kubo intended the final villain to be killed by the quincy silver arrow years and years and years ago, he just kind of got lost along the way here.

Plz don't have Aizen lose again, that would ruin everything decent.

qcf x2

Man, that arrow. Not like this.

And Yhwach didn't see the future where Aizen would use his powers against him? lol

Well something is clearly a bit off since he anticipated the Fullbringer intervention but tried to break the bankai again and it didn't quite work. My money is on Aizen manipulating him, I mean he did it from the chair so I'm sure he can do it now.

If only Kubo would have consulted Norihiro Yagi about this final arc. Claymore had the power levels skyrocket towards the end (intentionally) and still managed to make the fights and the results satisfying to say the least.

I liked the chapter but my biggest disappointment in this final arc has to be the fact that nobody knows what Yhwach wants, what he is doing, why he is doing it, etc. Haschwald got stiffed on the character development but we know more about him than the big bad final boss.

Well something is clearly a bit off since he anticipated the Fullbringer intervention but tried to break the bankai again and it didn't quite work. My money is on Aizen manipulating him, I mean he did it from the chair so I'm sure he can do it now.

If only Kubo would have consulted Norihiro Yagi about this final arc. Claymore had the power levels skyrocket towards the end (intentionally) and still managed to make the fights and the results satisfying to say the least.

I liked the chapter but my biggest disappointment in this final arc has to be the fact that nobody knows what Yhwach wants, what he is doing, why he is doing it, etc. Haschwald got stiffed on the character development but we know more about him than the big bad final boss.
I agree. I just hope to see a great fight from Aizen, he must be the only one who can surprise the audience. Ishida will probably deliver the final blow to finish a weakened Yhwach.

Eusis

Rose and Kensei are dead. Kira busy with that chicken quincy.

Fodder shinigamis are fodder
I don't believe it until Kubo says they're dead. This is Bleach and they were in Mayuri's hands.

EDIT: Actually, that wouldn't change the fact they'd be out of commission likely until Mayuri gets back to them. So dead or "dead" they wouldn't have been available to guard the chair. And by the time the chickens could've been absorbed into Yhwach there'd be like 5 minutes before Yhwach came down.

IHaveIce

Banned
Aizen remove that eyepatch and go all out on these fuckers.
Aizen winning is the only redeemable possible end this manga has left

Khezu

There was so much random plot development in this chapter, it really does feel like Kubo was told to wrap this up about a 3 weeks ago.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
It's wild how true this is, lol.

A satisfying, "proper" ending is basically impossible. Too many plot threads to wrap up, too little time, and it's been years since Kubo's storytelling was competent anyway.

Aizen should just get the W. Go full troll. He can send off this dumpster fire of a manga in a way that could at least be memorable.

A satisfying, "proper" ending is basically impossible. Too many plot threads to wrap up, too little time, and it's been years since Kubo's storytelling was competent anyway.

Aizen should just get the W. Go full troll. He can send off this dumpster fire of a manga in a way that could at least be memorable.

The only viable solution for solving dangling plot threads and plot holes is to retcon them all at the same time (i.e. Everything was an illusion since the very beginning)

Hystzen

I expect lots of rage posts and whining when Aizen loses to Ywach.

The dude is end boss with most OP power, Aizen might fair better but don't expect him to win

Top Bottom