• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Grats on beating it! It took you less time than me but I did idle for a while sometimes.

Did you beat it and then do the DLC on ng+ or wait to beat the final boss of the main game to do the DLC?

I only ask because I just beat it last night but didn't do any of the DLC. So i'm wondering how stupid am I to try to beat the DLC on ng+ after hearing how hard Ludwig is?

You need to beat the chalices to Isz to fully complete bloodborne.

I am happy to see Ludwig on your top 3, that dude derserves to be one of the most memorable Souls bosses alonside O&S, Artorias and Nameless king

Definately go back to the Chalice Dungeons and do them even just once to the end, there are unique enemies, bosses and gear.

They do get repetitive if you do them all in one big go (like at the end of a playthrough) and the earlier ones offer no challenge whatsoever to an end-game levelled character, but some of them look great and there are guides out there as to which ones are mandatory to see the final boss. The Isz ones, whilst on the same kind of floorplans have a nice spooky/spacey look to them and some of the enemies are terrifying (you'll know them when you face them!) - They're great for grinding too, the level 5 dungeons give stupid amounts of souls.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can I store Items in the Dream? And can I (Chappel Ward Spoiler)
store Ariannas blood there to safe her? Do I really need to throw it away?

Also - To unlock the final boss -
Can I consume the Umbilical Cord right now or do I need to do this at a specific point?

Can I consume the Umbilical Cord right now or do I need to do this at a specific point?
There's a 'bottomless box' in the Dream, along the same wall as the weapon upgrade table, just inside the door.

And yes you can consume that at any time before speaking to Gerhman.

I don't know - I was hoping someone else would chime in! I never use those things. You can always try, just put one in storage and see if she gives you another.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I don't know - I was hoping someone else would chime in! I never use those things. You can always try, just put one in storage and see if she gives you another.

Its more about that she can be killed by the nun if I use her blood and doesnt give birth to her child because of this - I want to fullfill her questline and I am not 100% sure how to proceed from now since I already got her blood^^

Only thing I didn't really do were the chalice dungeons. Played a few levels of the first one but could see how they sour the game for so many people with their repetitive design, so I stayed away.

As someone who found the Chalice Dungeons to be obviously boring and repetitive nonsense at first, I feel like I really ate my words once I reached the harder and cursed dungeons. There is some sort of addictive quality to that repetition that sets in when you reach the real challenges and I somehow beat them all.

Once the difficulty ramps up and you get 'deeper down', the unique bosses and gems get really cool and are definitely worth it in my opinion especially seeing how most of the dungeons aren't very long.

Overall I really recommend doing them especially since you seem to enjoy the challenge aspect of the game a lot. The deepest ones really get crazy in a great way.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

I'm not sure if that event
is triggered by whether the blood is in your inventory. I thought it was only if you took blood from Arianna three or more times.

Another nice touch to note is
that Adella stands up in the background and stares at you every time you talk to Arianna. She sits back down when you're done.

As I understand it, the umbilical cords
need to be consumed before Gerhman dies. So probably before you start the boss fight, just to be safe.

Its more about that she can be killed by the nun if I use her blood and doesnt give birth to her child because of this - I want to fullfill her questline and I am not 100% sure how to proceed from now since I already got her blood^^

Drink it then procced the nun blood more

I popped the umbilical cords at totally random times
before the Gehrman fight
, so I'm not 100% sure but assume you can take them any given time before.

Bouniter

I'm not sure if that event
is triggered by whether the blood is in your inventory. I thought it was only if you took blood from Arianna three or more times.

Another nice touch to note is
that Adella stands up in the background and stares at you every time you talk to Arianna. She sits back down when you're done.

As I understand it, the umbilical cords
need to be consumed before Gerhman dies. So probably before you start the boss fight, just to be safe.

This guy has it right basically safest way is don't speak to Arianna again until she moves downstairs within the chapel and you will be safe.

With the cords all that matters is that you consume 3 before fighting
Gerhman
any-time any place it doesn't matter

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What else am I missing? Meh, that annoys me, I wanted to complete as much as possible since I dont plan a New Game+ Playthrough.

Also it feels like I have now zero chance against Henryk...

What else am I missing? Meh, that annoys me, I wanted to complete as much as possible since I dont plan a New Game+ Playthrough.

Did you found
Patches
and get the unique rune from him?
Did you send the weird bald guy with Iosekfa?
Did you go see Iosefka before Rom for a special rune
After the abomination you have to return to central yharman and talk to the window guy for a special rune
Do Alfred questline
Did you enter in comunion with the suggoth and get a special rune
Did you ******** on ******* to make ****** disappear then ******** ??????? then use the Music Box on Isz chalice then ******

j0hnnix

has anyone run into the Hunter's Essence trophy glitch? is there a possible fix, other than rebuying? im going into ng++ and im not even sure the torch will be there, since i discarded it on my ng+ run.

Akuun

I did that on my first playthrough too. I started other playthroughs in NG+ and new characters, partly so that I could do Eileen's questline. Still haven't finished it yet though.

Actually, I was even dumber than accidentally killing Eileen. I didn't recognize that it was Eileen in that fight, and was like "oh, two hunters fighting and ignoring me? I'll just let them fight it out" and then Henryk killed Eileen. I finished off Henryk afterwards. Didn't realize what I did until I looked online much later.

Most of the missable things in this game are about your interactions with NPCs, but they aren't huuuge if you miss them or screw them up, for the most part. You can't miss entire areas with "incorrect" npc interactions. Can't miss bosses either, except
for Gehrman and the Moon Presence
at the end of the game. The game probably isn't meant to have you finish all the optional questlines 100% blind on your first playthrough.

On the plus side, yes you get BoM early. It's a weird weapon that I didn't like at first, but it's really grown on me.

jonjonaug

How the hell does anyone do that amount of damage...something like 15,000 on that visceral finisher.

Blood beast pellet+max level+max skill+powerful gems+max Beasthood (note the one insight, armor choice, probably using Beast rune)+Clawmark rune.

I don't think the low health does anything other than make it easy to die if the player takes any damage, since the recorder of this video likes to do "no damage" vids.

Akuun

Blood beast pellet+max level+max skill+powerful gems+max Beasthood (note the one insight, armor choice, probably using Beast rune)+Clawmark rune.

I don't think the low health does anything other than make it easy to die if the player takes any damage, since the recorder of this video likes to do "no damage" vids.
Yup, all this stuff, plus maybe the gems have "do more damage when near death" stuff added to it too, which would explain the low health. I'm also pretty sure it's possible to stack clawmark runes too.

There are some videos where people like to power up their characters to the point where they do this much damage. It's cool to see that it's possible to do stuff like this.

Yup, all this stuff, plus maybe the gems have "do more damage when near death" stuff added to it too, which would explain the low health. I'm also pretty sure it's possible to stack clawmark runes too.

There are some videos where people like to power up their characters to the point where they do this much damage. It's cool to see that it's possible to do stuff like this.

That's what I was thinking, I mean hot damn. I thought I was a badass with my 300/400 R1 hits haha.

Bouniter

Eh, not even close far enough in the game for most of this

I know it can feel a little annoying but other than getting the 3 thirds of cords try not to worry about the other content, I promise you will have a more engaging and fun experience if you just play through it. Other than the chords their really Isn't a lot to miss a few runes and some extra dialogue from characters, certainly nothing to be stressing about when you should be enjoying yourself.

Chances are you will want to do a second playthrough anyway whether to try a new build (it can feel totally different with an arcane or bloodtinge build) or go into Ng+. At that point you will know what guides and people are referring to much better when asking for help makes finding all the little bits a lot easier.

Akuun

That's what I was thinking, I mean hot damn. I thought I was a badass with my 300/400 R1 hits haha.
Yeah, it's awesome to see. It's one end of the spectrum, where you can power up your character so hard that you can wreck every boss in the game in seconds.

On the other end of the spectrum, you have someone like Lobos, who has beaten every boss in the game with nothing but fists. So instead of doing thousands of damage per hit, he is capable of dodging bosses nearly perfectly for very long periods of time. I think his Laurence clear took him like 45 minutes. That's 45 minutes of dodging the boss and getting in tiny hits of damage, without running out of blood vials or dying.

So if you ever want to see a "perfect solution" for a boss where a player shows a foolproof way to dodge every single one of a boss' attacks, you'll want to see this guy play.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
What weapon has the highest damage per swing on a quality build?

Also, assuming strength and skill are equal, and arcane is only at the minimum (14?) required to wield it, would the Holy Moonlight Sword do more damage than Ludwig's Holy Sword? Or does it require much more arcane points to be comparable?

Bouniter

What weapon has the highest damage per swing on a quality build?

Also, assuming strength and skill are equal, and arcane is only at the minimum (14?) required to wield it, would the Holy Moonlight Sword do more damage than Ludwig's Holy Sword? Or does it require much more arcane points to be comparable?

As for the highest damage swing on a quality build I'd imagine that would go to a charged stake driver hit but I don't know for sure.

As for your second question without any arcane investment I'm pretty certain that ludwigs would always out damage the moonlight great sword. However with the right gems and stats and a higher level the holy moonlight sword is absolutely one of the most powerful weapons in the game with it scaling off strength, dex and arcane (its easily possible to hit 1000AR with). It actually ended up being my joint favourite weapon alongside the saw cleaver once I'd set up a build for it, it has so much utility and knock-down its absurd.

Akuun

I'm not sure about highest damage per swing, but some weapons deal ridiculously high DPS, or are super strong in other ways.

One that I hear about a lot is the Whirligig saw because its spinning animation move stunlocks pretty much every boss in the game and finishes them off really fast.

Another is the Church Pick, which does thrust damage in almost all of its moves when transformed, and thrust attacks are strong against certain monsters (and apparently nothing is weak to thrust). So throw a lot of thrust damage boosting gems on it and its moveset lets you hit the weak point on a lot of bosses. I've been toying with this on my skill character but I'm not sold on the moveset yet, nor do I have good thrust gems.

I also hear that Arcane builds are extremely strong in endgame but are weak until you get there. Arcane scales very well at high levels, but Arcane weapons/gems/tools don't appear until fairly deep into in the game, like the Holy Moonlight Sword and the Kos Parasite.

poodpick

Pretty sure I've had that before. No pro here. Also, Bloodborne wasn't patched in any way for the pro so it'll probably be exactly the same.

I just checked again and the snow is still yellow. I think the reason why it isn't rendering correctly is because it hasn't been patched for the pro.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Started a new playthrough last night. Ended up playing like 4+ hours straight. I hadn't played in a while but it's strangely comforting after playing 80 hours of anime JRPG. xD

Also, I didn't do anything special to become stronger than average (like buying the Emblem and killing Amelia/Witches first or whatever, and having more levels/runes/etc.), just a normal progression route, died to Gascoigne once due to sloppiness, and then...

1481921306-bloodborne-tm-20161216030501.png

Get rekt, BSB! I should have recorded it. But man just got perfect viscerals and hit-and-runs, it only touched me once. I think it's the first time I solo a boss that easily without being OP (like, say, doing depth 1 chalice dungeon bosses later in the game).

Well... when was it introduced? I don't remember seeing this in my other playthroughs
I dunno. I've seen this a while ago. Probably always been there but not always noticeable or present.

It never really dawned on me how generically Times New Roman that "PREY SLAUGHTERED" / "YOU DIED" etc. message is compared to the hyper stylized look of literally everything else. Kind of funny now that I think about it.

poodpick

It never really dawned on me how generically Times New Roman that "PREY SLAUGHTERED" / "YOU DIED" etc. message is compared to the hyper stylized look of literally everything else. Kind of funny now that I think about it.

I miss the messages from demon's

THE DEMON WAS DESTROYED
"You shall obtain the Demon Soul... and a power that is beyond human imagination"

Top Bottom