• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
And after pwning BSB so hard, I actually died to the Witch (got hit by the paralyzing spell and then took a few hits from those summons + her eyeball-grabbing move). LOL, this game

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I recently beat the game but wanted to fight Ludwig again. So here I am facing off against him on NG+ at level 109.

The Whirlgig Saw + Beast Blood Pellet + Fire Paper = INSANITY

I literally L2'd Ludwig to his second form in less than a minute. The damage is ludicrous. lmao

M.D

Is there of way of knowing which stat a weapon scales with in-game? Is it the letter which is marked in red?

Is there of way of knowing which stat a weapon scales with in-game? Is it the letter which is marked in red?

Yeah, of course. Check "Attribute Bonus" in this screenshot for example. It shows you that the Repeating Pistol the person is currently hovering over has a Bloodtinge scaling of 'B', with 'A' being the highest possible. The +46 next to the Blood ATK is how much additional damage you gain from your Attribute Bonus.

http://gearnuke.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/bloodborne-all-weapon-stats-10+-23.jpg

(Not linking this, too huge)

There's actually an explanation of every Status 'line'. I forgot which button but check the bottom of the screen, for example in this shot, try hitting the left side of the pad for "Controls" and see which button for explanations. It's very helpful if you haven't played a Souls type game before.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
If I want the quickest path to fighting Defiled Watchdog, how do I do it? Can I enter its Chalice Dungeon first?

If I want the quickest path to fighting Defiled Watchdog, how do I do it? Can I enter its Chalice Dungeon first?

No, you need Phumerian then you get center Phumerian then Lower phumerian then defiled.

You can also try the small chalice for a random dungeon coop and pray you get the defiled one so you can unlock it later

Astral Dog

Hmmm,been finally playing the game after trying the Souls games and not liking them much, BB clicked with me its a very special one so i wanted to comment on what i had in mind.

Finally understood what turns me off about these games,BB is a beautiful gothic journey with high quality bosses, incredible enemy variety, and quite hard difficulty.

Despite loving and replaying many action games, the Soulsborne games feel more like RPGs , i like going back to my favorite actions games to replay them from time to time, might for better scores or for fun, love that pick up and play feel and BB is NOT that type of game, i cant imagine ever going back to play for simple fun,the combat style,i know many people play up to NG ++++ but even the thought tires me o_O

honestly had more fun in the parts were i was overleveled (thanks to exploring other areas) because i need to not worry about common enemies circling around me giving trouble, made exploring a bit more satisfying and calm, wich made me think i would be ok if the game was a bit less punishing on normal mode, just a bit.

For all the times you die the game never quite punishes you anyways, beyond taking your blood echoes away for you to grab them later its more annoying than anything so can become a bit repetitive.

Anyways, at its best its as good as RE4 or even better wich is thd highest praise i can think of.

one more thing, there are way too many graves and statues

The thing is souls games are different on its own, if you try to compared them after playing BB first, which is the easiest, faster, less punishing and less restrictive souls game then you maybe lose interest on older Souls games

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I want to see the end boss in the Chalice dungeons.
Queen Yharnam
I think it was? How do I get to this boss?

I haven't explored chalices much so I have a bunch of materials but I don't know what to do with them. I think the latest dungeon I've created is a Lower Hintertomb chalice, and I'm about to clear that.

I think I also have a Loran Chalice, but I don't have the materials to make it.

The chalice dungeons are really a bore. I mostly speed through them to find the switch, then homeward bone back to the entry lamp to fight the boss.

Trakan

Queen Yharnam

I haven't explored chalices much so I have a bunch of materials but I don't know what to do with them. I think the latest dungeon I've created is a Lower Hintertomb chalice, and I'm about to clear that.

The chalice dungeons are really a bore. I mostly speed through them to find the switch, then homeward bone back to the entry lamp to fight the boss.

Look up a guide, there's a lot to it. It's unfortunate that they locked this boss behind the last chalice dungeon, as it's easily the best boss in the game IMO.

Akuun

Look up a guide, there's a lot to it. It's unfortunate that they locked this boss behind the last chalice dungeon, as it's easily the best boss in the game IMO.
Just looked it up. Oh god that is a lot of chalice dungeon grinding.

Queen Yharnam

You need to do :

Phumeru
Central Phumeru
Lower Phumeru
Loran
Ailing Loran(Mostly for materials)
Defiled
Isz

Lorewise is really cool to find her there, design wise getting her is unnecesary complex for the purpose of making the player play at least half of the chalices. Also if you go directly to Isz you can miss Ailing Loran's extra lore from Dark beast and the creator of Tonitrus

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You need to do :

Phumeru
Central Phumeru
Lower Phumeru
Loran
Ailing Loran(Mostly for materials)
Defiled
Isz
Huh? No. Isz is 100% optional. Same for Hintertomb.

Edit: also, there's no "Loran". There's Ailing Loran (depth 4) and Lower Loran (depth 5). He needs only Ailing Loran, to get the Bastards of Loran, and part of Lower Loran, to get the missing 2 Red Jelly to make Ihyll.

And if he's in NG+, it's easier to just run to the Lecture Building and pick them up again, haha.

Huh? No. Isz is 100% optional. Same for Hintertomb.

Edit: also, there's no "Loran". There's Ailing Loran (depth 4) and Lower Loran (depth 5). He needs only Ailing Loran, to get the Bastards of Loran, and part of Lower Loran, to get the missing 2 Red Jelly to make Ihyll.

And if he's in NG+, it's easier to just run to the Lecture Building and pick them up again, haha.

Damm you spanish translation,

Deku Tree

Does anyone here watch Epic name Bro's streams as of late? did he do the DLC?

He was streaming BB today on twitch. I watched it briefly and he mentioned that he is separated from his wife. He was in the woods part. He was a big part of writing the official guide for Bloodborne and also the guide for the the DLC.

But he never did a Let's play for the DLC. I believe it's because of the theme of the DLC was too emotional for him at the time.
I think I remember reading somewhere that his wife had a miscarriage near the time that the DLC was released and obviously that can affect you when your playing the Bloodborne DLC.

Akuun

He separated from his wife? That sucks.

I remember him mentioning that his work on official Dark Souls and Bloodborne guides took a huge toll on him personally. Something about him gaining weight and not having much time to spend with his family. :(

He was streaming BB today on twitch. I watched it briefly and he mentioned that he is separated from his wife. He was in the woods part. He was a big part of writing the official guide for Bloodborne and also the guide for the the DLC.

But he never did a Let's play for the DLC. I believe it's because of the theme of the DLC was too emotional for him at the time.
I think I remember reading somewhere that his wife had a miscarriage near the time that the DLC was released and obviously that can affect you when your playing the Bloodborne DLC.

Damm, I guess
the miscarriage
was too much for both, Souls games are really opressive if you are depressed

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Can't believe the fake-online bug from Demon's Souls is present in this game too. And unlike in Demon's Souls, restarting the game doesn't even work. -_-

Hmmm,been finally playing the game after trying the Souls games and not liking them much, BB clicked with me its a very special one so i wanted to comment on what i had in mind.

Finally understood what turns me off about these games,BB is a beautiful gothic journey with high quality bosses, incredible enemy variety, and quite hard difficulty.

Despite loving and replaying many action games, the Soulsborne games feel more like RPGs , i like going back to my favorite actions games to replay them from time to time, might for better scores or for fun, love that pick up and play feel and BB is NOT that type of game, i cant imagine ever going back to play for simple fun,the combat style,i know many people play up to NG ++++ but even the thought tires me o_O

honestly had more fun in the parts were i was overleveled (thanks to exploring other areas) because i need to not worry about common enemies circling around me giving trouble, made exploring a bit more satisfying and calm, wich made me think i would be ok if the game was a bit less punishing on normal mode, just a bit.

For all the times you die the game never quite punishes you anyways, beyond taking your blood echoes away for you to grab them later its more annoying than anything so can become a bit repetitive.

Anyways, at its best its as good as RE4 or even better wich is thd highest praise i can think of.

one more thing, there are way too many graves and statues

The Dodge-heavy gameplay drew me into this game too, where as the Souls games kind of bored me. The action and atmosphere also really reminded me of what a modern DMC1 might look like. Did you complete the game?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
FIpf0Rh.png

On a random note, I'm on my third playthrough now and just arrived at
Fishing Hamlet after beating Maria
and somehow managed to get side-tracked by and totally addicted to Chalice Dungeons like I never have before.

I just finished off
Beast-Possessed Soul
or whatever he's exactly called in Ailing Loran and I somehow can't wait to get home tonight and sink more time into it. Absolutely great boss by the way...

The Chalice Dungeons are the only thing keeping me from getting the platinum trophy, I've tried a couple times to dive into them, but I really just don't have the motivation.

The Chalice Dungeons are the only thing keeping me from getting the platinum trophy, I've tried a couple times to dive into them, but I really just don't have the motivation.

If you consult a guide and are properly leveled up you can blast through them to get the Platinum pretty quickly. (Depending on how long you're stuck on the Defiled bosses, though...)

Astral Dog

OhmyGod

I killed Ebrietas on the first try!
Normal mode of course, and with help, most of the fight she was focused on the guy with the cage you summon so she didnt even attacked.

Surprised because i heard she was one of the worst, i swear many of the common enemies are more hard to beat than the bosses.

OhmyGod

Normal mode of course, and with help, most of the fight she was focused on the guy with the cage you summon so she didnt even attacked.

Surprised because i heard she was one of the worst, i swear many of the common enemies are more hard to beat than the bosses.

I think people making those statements are talking about the solo experience. Summoning is easy mode. I first played the game unpatched, offline and without summoning because I had no internet at the time. It's NOT the same experience. ;)

Brag-mode on: I beat "her" first try, too.

Astral Dog

I think people making those statements are talking about the solo experience. Summoning is easy mode. I first played the game unpatched, offline and without summoning because I had no internet at the time. It's NOT the same experience. ;)

Brag-mode on: I beat "her" first try, too.
Ok but i wanted to know how common it was :p

Never played proper online or i wonder how the "experience" changes.
Having a bit of trouble with Moon Presence though, but also kinda dont want to start over again :(

Akuun

Ok but i wanted to know how common it was :p

Never played proper online or i wonder how the "experience" changes.
Having a bit of trouble with Moon Presence though, but also kinda dont want to start over again :(
You don't need to start the game over. Just keep trying the boss until you get it.

OhmyGod

Not to be THAT guy...but I mean when her attacks' complete attention is focused on another target over 50% of the time apparently, isn't is self explanatory why she was 'easy to beat'?

silva1991

I think he stopped on the DLC cuz personal problems, did DS3 and returned to BB to do a casul Lore run

I see. I guess we will never see him do the DLC. It's understandable, but still. Since last year I was so eager to see him fight Ludwig lol.

How do I beat father Gascoine? I am having a nightmare rn

Use the music box after he transforms and deal as much free damage as you can. the rest should be easy provided you will avoid his combo.

Astral Dog

Not to be THAT guy...but I mean when her attacks' complete attention is focused on another target over 50% of the time apparently, isn't is self explanatory why she was 'easy to beat'?
well she still kinda gave enough time to heal and her attacks didnt do much damage thankfully 😃

Now King Lugarius defeated first time too!, but he was definetly a tricky one, so many attacks from behind the camera 😡 was very close.

24hr

I see. I guess we will never see him do the DLC. It's understandable, but still. Since last year I was so eager to see him fight Ludwig lol.

Use the music box after he transforms and deal as much free damage as you can. the rest should be easy provided you will avoid his combo.

Music box? I haven't encountered anything like that.

Music box? I haven't encountered anything like that.

You can explore Yarnham a little bit more to find it if you want, check windows. It's only purpose it to help with that fight, but it's not essential and actually ends up coming with a drawback. My only advice for the boss is to watch your spacing so you don't get caught on the graves. It's possible for him to get caught up in the trees so you can use that to your advantage too, depending on your weapon choice.

He will. He's playing through all of the game on his Twitch Lorethrough (although he's going kinda slow). He's also uploading the streams to his YouTube channel.

Melchiah

You can explore Yarnham a little bit more to find it if you want, check windows. It's only purpose it to help with that fight, but it's not essential and actually ends up coming with a drawback. My only advice for the boss is to watch your spacing so you don't get caught on the graves. It's possible for him to get caught up in the trees so you can use that to your advantage too, depending on your weapon choice.

You can avoid that by moving to the upper area in the third phase. That's what I've done on all three playthroughs. During the first two phases, I use the gravestones to my advantage by keeping them inbetween me and him. He's also relatively easy to parry in all phases.

Top Bottom