• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Veelk

Banned
Omg

after taking like a 6 months break from my BB NG+ playthrough, I decided to finally to try and take on the Forbidden forest again. It was one of my less liked parts of my first playthrough, because unlike some, I don't feel too good about huge lengths of distance between checkpoints, but I somehow made it past in my first try, even the bosses.

Whats especially wierd is that this isn't even the first time I tried to replay Bloodborne, but my muscle memory from Dark Souls 3 borked me and I kept healing when I intended to transform my weapon. But after a few minutes, for some reason, this time it all came back. And I murderized the entire forest no sweat.

I still did get lost though. God, that place is goddamn huge.

kizmah

A Bloodborne newbie here. Just got the game on PSN EU sale after hesitating for so long because of the difficulty (based solely on my experience with Demon's souls back in the day). I'm just about to face Cleric Beast and so far I'm loving the game's atmosphere, aesthetic and Lovecraftian feels. Wish me luck.

i feel like crying right now. this blood starved beast is doing my head in. i tried going back to get echoes to buy the pungent cocktail and find some bullets. the cocktails didn't work out for me. the beast goes towards it but i can't get in and hit it quick enough. i suck at parrying and alfred keeps dying. every time i can get it just below 50% health. i really don't want to have to go back and farm more bullets/echoes. i just want to kill this bloody beast and get on with the game.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
i feel like crying right now. this blood starved beast is doing my head in. i tried going back to get echoes to buy the pungent cocktail and find some bullets. the cocktails didn't work out for me. the beast goes towards it but i can't get in and hit it quick enough. i suck at parrying and alfred keeps dying. every time i can get it just below 50% health. i really don't want to have to go back and farm more bullets/echoes. i just want to kill this bloody beast and get on with the game.

Buy a oil lamp and some molotovs.
Have you still the fire paper from your first entcounter with Alfred at Chappel Ward? Use it!
The BSB is already weak against fire and even more so after you throw oil at it.

Buy a oil lamp and some molotovs.
Have you still the fire paper from your first entcounter with Alfred at Chappel Ward? Use it!
The BSB is already weak against fire and even more so after you throw oil at it.

i have tried using molotovs and firepaper on it. i'm out of pretty much every item. only have pebbles and blood vials which i am quickly running out of too. only have 1 more insight to summon alfred. i've tried fighting this thing so many times i'm out of stuff to use. this is one of the few bosses in the game that give me trouble. if i can only get past it i will be fine until towards the end of the game.

i'll give it a few more tries and if no luck i'll just go buy that thing from the messengers for 10,000 and come back later.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
is that the handheld lantern the messenger sells?

i have tried using molotovs and firepaper on it. i'm out of pretty much every item. only have pebbles and blood vials which i am quickly running out of too.

Then clear a couple of times Central Yarnaham and Old Yarnaham. Gives you tons of Vials and you can buy enough molotovs again.

Also look into the other messengers bath, maybe you have not progressed enough to buy oil at the ordinarry messenger.

It costs you a bit insight, but its worth it. Also look if you can already power up your weapon.

Then clear a couple of times Central Yarnaham and Old Yarnaham. Gives you tons of Vials and you can buy enough molotovs again.

Also look into the other messengers bath, maybe you have not progressed enough to buy oil at the ordinarry messenger.

It costs you a bit insight, but its worth it. Also look if you can already power up your weapon.

i've done that too. being going back to try get echoes/vials/bullets.

my weapon is upgraded as far as it can go now with some gems. i won't be able to fortify it until i start getting twin bloodshards. both my saw cleaver/pistol are at +3. i'm lvl 33. focusing my stats on health/endurance/strength.

i've done that too. being going back to try get echoes/vials/bullets.

my weapon is upgraded as far as it can go now with some gems. i won't be able to fortify it until i start getting twin bloodshards. both my saw cleaver/pistol are at +3. i'm lvl 33. focusing my stats on health/endurance/strength.

I don't know your strategy so you may as well be doing it already but I suggest you equip every rune that enhances viscerals if you have any and learn to bait and parry its mid range claw swipes. This really helped me at least and it's a quite easy to parry move as far as I'm concerned at least and I'm no parrying master.

I don't know your strategy so you may as well be doing it already but I suggest you equip every rune that enhances viscerals if you have any and learn to bait and parry its mid range claw swipes. This really helped me at least and it's a quite easy to parry move as far as I'm concerned at least and I'm no parrying master.

i think the runes i have only increase the damage not anything like visceral attacks. sometimes i'm OK at parrying it but i'm not consistent. some enemies i can do it perfectly each time and some i just can't figure out at all.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
A Bloodborne newbie here. Just got the game on PSN EU sale after hesitating for so long because of the difficulty (based solely on my experience with Demon's souls back in the day). I'm just about to face Cleric Beast and so far I'm loving the game's atmosphere, aesthetic and Lovecraftian feels. Wish me luck.
Good luck!

I find this boss takes a lot of patience. Don't get reckless because certain moves in its 2nd and 3rd phases are pretty much instant kills. Get in a few hits and then get back out. A weapon with range really helps in this fight, like the whip form of the cane, or the extended form of the axe. While parrying works, don't try for it if you're going up against its instant kill moves because it's too risky.

A rule of thumb for these games is to dodge in the opposite direction of the enemy's attacks. For example, if the boss is swiping at you from your right (so from your perspective, the swipe is going from right to left), then dodge right. That minimizes the amount of time the swipe is going through you, and maximizes the chances of your dodge going through the attack safely.

Most of the BSB's moves seem to have a blind spot to the beast's left flank, so dodging to your right right usually works for most of its moves. Some of its moves can actually be dodged just by walking under its right flank, with no dodges needed. One key exception to its left blank blind spot is that really long range dash attack, where the boss will hold out his right arm as if calling a taxi right before he does it.

i think the runes i have only increase the damage not anything like visceral attacks. sometimes i'm OK at parrying it but i'm not consistent. some enemies i can do it perfectly each time and some i just can't figure out at all.

Just keep cool and bait the mid range claw swipe. The parry window for that move is pretty high so you can fire off a shot when that arm raises already. Honestly, I'd practice that, it'll tear that thing up even without visceral runes.

aravuus

Jesus christ,
Orphan of Kos
is ridiculous. Can't even get to the second phase, too goddamn frustrating.

... Back to the main game.

BadWolf

Finished the game a year ago and started a second play through yesterday.

The first time through I used only the Saw Cleaver throughout and for armor I just used the outfit on the cover of the game from start to finish. I pumped all/most of my levels into VIT, END and STR iirc.

This time I'm using the same armor but with the axe instead (I like that it resembles the halberd). Is there a better set of armor to use or is this fine?

Should I just follow the same level up plan as before or is there another cool/effective build to try? Is it possible to do legit damage with guns?

aravuus

Finished! Great fucking game, that's for sure. Probably not my favorite Souls/FromSoft experience, but a damn good one.

Orphan of Kos
will have to wait for my next playthrough, though since there's so much stuff to play, it'll be a while. Think I'm gonna finally finish Dark Souls 3 next - though I'll have to start a new playthrough.

e: oh yeah - no fucking idea what's actually going on lol. Looks like I
became the next Gehrman
, so clearly not a happy ending.

e2: I'm a bit bummed it's finished lmao

Akuun

The first time through I used only the Saw Cleaver throughout and for armor I just used the outfit on the cover of the game from start to finish. I pumped all/most of my levels into VIT, END and STR iirc.

This time I'm using the same armor but with the axe instead (I like that it resembles the halberd). Is there a better set of armor to use or is this fine?

Should I just follow the same level up plan as before or is there another cool/effective build to try? Is it possible to do legit damage with guns?
The more exotic stats like bloodtinge and arcane both lead to viable builds. Bloodtinge is good for guns, combo weapons like Simon's Bowblade (DLC), and weapons that benefit from using your blood like the Chikage. It makes some guns do legit damage.

Arcane is a build that I think is very interesting and is something I want to try sometime. I hear that it starts off slow because it's reliant on certain key weapons and gems, plus many arcane-based tools only show up late game, but becomes incredibly strong once you get past a certain point because the arcane stat scales better the more you have it. There are some arcane guides online so search for them if you're interested.

Armor-wise, the hunter outfit is good all-round armor and can be used throughout the game, but some other armor pieces have good resistances against specific statuses and damage types, so it may help to change your clothes towards certain resistances if you're having trouble with a given fight.

The armor you find in the sewers have the best general resistances ingame. There are specific status armor later on like the Yahargul armor which specializes in physical defens or the crow armor specializing on blood defense

Guns can deal great damage with specific buffs but said items are rare , expensive for early use and requires a specific focus for example the flamethrower needs 50 arcane to do its fullest damage.

Guns are not meant to be your main source of damage but for engage and disengage mechanics. Of course there are ofensive guns you can invest in a specific arcane build and runes to make them work

BadWolf

The more exotic stats like bloodtinge and arcane both lead to viable builds. Bloodtinge is good for guns, combo weapons like Simon's Bowblade (DLC), and weapons that benefit from using your blood like the Chikage. It makes some guns do legit damage.

Arcane is a build that I think is very interesting and is something I want to try sometime. I hear that it starts off slow because it's reliant on certain key weapons and gems, plus many arcane-based tools only show up late game, but becomes incredibly strong once you get past a certain point because the arcane stat scales better the more you have it. There are some arcane guides online so search for them if you're interested.

Armor-wise, the hunter outfit is good all-round armor and can be used throughout the game, but some other armor pieces have good resistances against specific statuses and damage types, so it may help to change your clothes towards certain resistances if you're having trouble with a given fight.

The armor you find in the sewers have the best general resistances ingame. There are specific status armor later on like the Yahargul armor which specializes in physical defens or the crow armor specializing on blood defense

Guns can deal great damage with specific buffs but said items are rare , expensive for early use and requires a specific focus for example the flamethrower needs 50 arcane to do its fullest damage.

Guns are not meant to be your main source of damage but for engage and disengage mechanics. Of course there are ofensive guns you can invest in a specific arcane build and runes to make them work

Thanks so much guys :)

I started this game 3 days ago.

It's pretty dope.

In the first hour I died 20 times to the fat guy with halberd near the starting area, then 10 times to the mobs in the area. After 2 hours the "No-Shield" playstyle finally clicked and I started wrecking shit (I was a Havel kind of turtle in DeS, DaS1/2/3).

Game seems... kind of easy now? I had *way* more problems with DaS3 bosses.

Cleric Beast - down at first try
Father Gascoine - down at first try
Vicar Amelia - down at first try
Blood-Starved Beast - killed me 2 times so far, both times @ 10% health left; I panicked with the poison going on. Reminds me of Aava the King's Pet mixed with that dragon-like boss before Champion Gundyr.

All solo, no molotovs, pure melee (no shooting cause I can't parry for shit) etc.

I didn't even have problems with gangbang rooms like the Ritual Room in Old Yharnam or the machine-gunner areas. I guess that's what 500 hours of Souls experience teaches you, no?

I also think having 20 "estus flasks" from the beginning is kind of broken? It should be a linear progression like 5/10/15/20 after first bosses or something.

Anyway a top three Souls game. So far milimeters behind DaS3 in my eyes. Lightyears ahead of DaS2 of course. The lightning fast estus chugging is an eye-opener.

This game rewards being offensive compared to Dark Souls where rewards patience and defensive playstyle.

Once you understand you can slash your way to the bosses and getting self heals in the process the game is a cake

Akuun

I started this game 3 days ago.

It's pretty dope.

In the first hour I died 20 times to the fat guy with halberd near the starting area, then 10 times to the mobs in the area. After 2 hours the "No-Shield" playstyle finally clicked and I started wrecking shit (I was a Havel kind of turtle in DeS, DaS1/2/3).

Game seems... kind of easy now? I had *way* more problems with DaS3 bosses.

Cleric Beast - down at first try
Father Gascoine - down at first try
Vicar Amelia - down at first try
Blood-Starved Beast - killed me 2 times so far, both times @ 10% health left; I panicked with the poison going on. Reminds me of Aava the King's Pet mixed with that dragon-like boss before Champion Gundyr.

All solo, no molotovs, pure melee (no shooting cause I can't parry for shit) etc.

I didn't even have problems with gangbang rooms like the Ritual Room in Old Yharnam or the machine-gunner areas. I guess that's what 500 hours of Souls experience teaches you, no?

I also think having 20 "estus flasks" from the beginning is kind of broken? It should be a linear progression like 5/10/15/20 after first bosses or something.

Anyway a top three Souls game. So far milimeters behind DaS3 in my eyes. Lightyears ahead of DaS2 of course. The lightning fast estus chugging is an eye-opener.
I feel like Bloodborne is generally less egregious in giving you ridiculous amounts of enemies to fight. And in those situations, it still doesn't feel as bad because you're faster. It's much more fun because even in situations where you're outnumbered, it rarely feels cheap.

I dunno if the 20 vials is cheap or not. Some bosses make up for it by being able to kill you very quickly, before you can heal up. But it probably still makes high-health builds very forgiving because you can mash vials to compensate for sloppy/reckless play, though. I just started DS3 and it really feels weird to have so few Estus drinks per run, even though I prefer the Estus system over the blood vial system.

Look forward to the DLC if you got it, especially if the main game feels easy to you right now. It's really what propelled this game from "possibly the best Souls game I've played" to "DEFINITELY the best Souls game I've played" in my book.

I'm on my 3rd run total and went really heavy on STR and Arcane and man...Arcane is fucking fun later on. I just got the
Blacksky Eye
in the DLC and it's a really cool Arcane gadget that's come in very handy.

I personally am a huge fan of Augur Of Ebrietas as enemies and people are prone to run into it causing some pretty heavy damage with high Arcane and a high likelihood of visceral trigger. Tiny Tonitrus is also cool.

Finally defeated the Blood Starved Beast!! Beat Amelia first try. Things are picking up again now :) I've sent arianna? to the chapel and believe I get an umbilical cord off her. I really want the Moon Presence boss this time. Also cleared the healing/abandoned workshop. I think I'll head to Hemwick next before the forest. I tried accessing the dlc but I must not be doing it right. I get grabbed by the invisible amygdala and it drops me off at the same area next to the stairs towards Old Yharnam. Nothing changes.

I noticed it's night time now so I just hope I haven't forgot to do anything... Still need to be snatched to access hypogean gaol...If I still can.

Well, Blood-Starved Beast died on my 3rd try. Used 2 estus only. WTH. Really easy.

Game is AMAZING.

The NPC told me to "ascend to Odeon Chapel" so I went back to the place where there was this kind of bowl/ elevator and a closed door - downstairs from Grand Cathedral, past the two fat axe enemies. I was sure the bowl/ elevator there is for "ascension".

So as I go there I notice the sky has turned from orange to dark blue. And I encounter a new enemy that wasn't there before. I fight him and he is kind of tough. Somehow I drop him down and he disappears. Oh well, I follow the path to the "chapel" but nothing happens there (yet). But I really need to kill that new guy and see what he drops... it's that Souls feeling, you know you just have to... besides there was a Crystal Lizard there that bolted on me the previous time.

So I go back there once again and fight him. He kills me (bah!) and... surprise, surprise! I wake up in a NEW LOCATION.

WTF! How cool is to discover this by yourself?!? Can you imagine if I killed him and never went back there to die on him??? SCARY THOUGHT.

I do not remember even DaS2 being that "open multipath" as I can now go freely to:

- 1st Chalice Dungeon
- The Woods
- that Latria Prison where you woke up after being killed (I somehow lit the lamp there on my first try!)
- Odeon Chapel (upstairs with the machine-gun wheelchair enemy)

Amazing, amazing game. Dangerously close to tieing Demon's Souls as my favourite Souls title.

Figured out how to get into the DLC. Didn't realise I needed an item from the messengers! Not doing the DLC right now (i'm lvl 53) but I just visited the Nightmare to light the lantern for later.

Cleared Hemwick and beat the Witch! Cleared Hypogean Gaol and killed Paarl! Did a little of the Forbidden Woods but not gonna do that just yet. I think next up I'll head to the Lecture Building/Nightmare Frontier.

I'm lvl 53, cleaver is at +6, pistol at +5, stats are VIT 25, End 25, Str 25, Skill 11, BT 9, Arc 8. Now I'm gonna start dropping all my echoes into upgrading Skill. Maybe top up Vit/End when I need it. Once I get 30/40/25/25, if I do, then I'll start BT. Not bothering with Arc. I also now have some runes equipped. One that increases vial count, defense, and echoes.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I do not remember even DaS2 being that "open multipath"
From reaching Majula you can go to 4 completely places (though one is unlikely right away since you need a good number of souls to buy the Fragrant Branch -- and yes that's in Scholar only I know, otherwise it's 3 paths) if you really want to. And then you have two different ways to reach the Bastille, and once you kill the Dragonrider you have an additional path opening up (Huntsman Copse). DS2 is wayyyyy more open/multi-path than DS3, and arguably Bloodborne too.

Btw your last option is
unnecessary if you beat Vicar Amelia (via the Hunter Emblem -- which you have since the sky is now night) so it's not really a 4th path, it'll loop back to Cathedral Ward. You should still explore it though.

I think BB have the simplest open world layout in souls games

BB have just one path but have 3 branches, one hub zone but have multilevel zones.

Teleporting makes the design easier since you barely backtrack in some zones after central yharman

What is the point of Chalice Dungeons?

I beat the first tombstone (Fiery Dog Boss at the end, did not kill me :) ) and started the second one with some Werewolf Boss (it was either him or me as I ran out of estus - I won).

I need to finish all 5 (or 6) of the tombstones and then I am done with them?

Can anyone post w/o spoiling anything? Like are they part of Main Quest? Are they part of Platinum? (100% that yes)

Epic Drop

I beat the first tombstone (Fiery Dog Boss at the end, did not kill me :) ) and started the second one with some Werewolf Boss (it was either him or me as I ran out of estus - I won).

Can anyone post w/o spoiling anything? Like are they part of Main Quest? Are they part of Platinum? (100% that yes)

You don't have to do them for the main quest. You do have to do them for the platinum. Farming materials for them is soul crushingly boring.

They do not scale in ng+, so the difficulty of them always stays the same no matter your level or ng status.

No there are way more Chalice Dungeons than there are tombstones you can place them at. Once you've completed a dungeon you can remove it and put in another one.

If you are going for the platinum, or even just to see the final boss of the Chalice Dungeons, it's worth using a guide for which specific dungeons you need to do because not all of them are mandatory.

They're worth doing because of unique enemies, loot, bosses - but I would do them in little chunks as if you leave them all (say at the end of your playthrough before the main game final boss) it can feel a real slog because of their repetitiveness. They are good for farming though, the later/deeper dungeons give stupid amounts of souls even for regular enemies. And some of the bosses are great (some are also infuriating! lol)

You don't have to do them for the main quest. You do have to do them for the platinum. Farming materials for them is soul crushingly boring.

They do not scale in ng+, so the difficulty of them always stays the same no matter your level or ng status.

I'm actually truly into doing the Chalice Dungeons right now, even though I've already gone through them completely once. The main issue I still have is the rather stupid 'does not scale but need insanely easy early ones to open later ones' design. I really get into them like I said when the difficulty is sky high, the later ones, but having to bash your way through a huge amount of piss easy ones because you didn't feel like doing them earlier is obnoxious. There should've been a better solution.

I also don't really understand why they didn't at least vary the layout slightly on the set story dungeons as you descend into further depths and so on. Some bizarre choices here for such a large chunk of game.

You are supposed to do the chalices when you get them at the same time with the main story since you are hunting the beasts to the very origin of the scourge which is located in the chalices.

And yes, some chalices are parte of the same game and you need to defeat a certain chalice boss for the platinum

DiddyBop

bought this game last year around the time of release, played for a few hours but couldn't even kill that first huge guy with an axe hidden in the corner when you first exit the clinic courtyard.

fast forward a year later and i'm off work for the holidays and decided to pick it back up and learn the controls. Well, 3 days and countless hours later I've beaten 4 bosses and really cannot put the game down. I don't know what it is about these games that just suck you in and doesn't let go. Probably the combination of the sense of discovery, perfectly nailed atmosphere and rewarding gameplay, so good.

I'm currently rolling with the saw cleaver, very upgraded, and i recently bought the Ludwig's holy sword, should i start using that? Its hard to abandon my saw cleaver but i feel the sword would provide more range. is it just as fast as the cleaver?

also, what is the fastest weapon in the game?

bought this game last year around the time of release, played for a few hours but couldn't even kill that first huge guy with an axe hidden in the corner when you first exit the clinic courtyard.

fast forward a year later and i'm off work for the holidays and decided to pick it back up and learn the controls. Well, 3 days and countless hours later I've beaten 4 bosses and really cannot put the game down. I don't know what it is about these games that just suck you in and doesn't let go. Probably the combination of the sense of discovery, perfectly nailed atmosphere and rewarding gameplay, so good.

I'm currently rolling with the saw cleaver, very upgraded, and i recently bought the Ludwig's holy sword, should i start using that? Its hard to abandon my saw cleaver but i feel the sword would provide more range. is it just as fast as the cleaver?

also, what is the fastest weapon in the game?

The saw cleaver have the advantage to be super effective against beasts on its transform mode while LHS is versatile in all its modes of attack. the LHS is kinda slow but have more wide range

You can equip both weapons and use swap them in different situations.

And the fastest weapon can be disputed between Blades of Mercy, Rakuyo (DLC) and the chikage

Kindekuma

Banned
Got Bloodborne for Christmas, so far I'm really, really digging this game. I just got past Vicar Amelia (fight took 3 tries). I also discovered
the abandoned hunter workstation area
and now I'm seriously confused but I'm so drawn into the world here I wanna figure it all out.

Boss Stats:
-Cleric Beast (1 attempt)
-Father G (2 attempts)
-Blood-starved Beast (1 attempt)
-Vicar Amelia (3 attempts) | The camera was such a nuisance in this fight lol. I'm not blaming the camera for dying three times but it definitely didn't work in my favor.

Got Bloodborne for Christmas, so far I'm really, really digging this game. I just got past Vicar Amelia (fight took 3 tries). I also discovered
the abandoned hunter workstation area
and now I'm seriously confused but I'm so drawn into the world here I wanna figure it all out.

Boss Stats:
-Cleric Beast (1 attempt)
-Father G (2 attempts)
-Blood-starved Beast (1 attempt)
-Vicar Amelia (3 attempts) | The camera was such a nuisance in this fight lol. I'm not blaming the camera for dying three times but it definitely didn't work in my favor.

BSB in one try is super impressive! He seems to be the first major hurdle for a lot of players, what weapons are you using?

can't get enough of this right now. cleared the forbidden woods today and defeated shadow of yharnam on my first try! i was dreading it because i had so much trouble my first playthrough. also wasn't looking forward to Rom but beat on my 2nd try! went to iosefka's clinic but didn't kill her. went to cainhurst but only to light the lantern so i can get there easily later on. will be doing cainhurst/nightmare frontier later on this time around because i had a bit of trouble with those areas in my first playthrough.

right now i'm currently at yahar'gul with the short cut unlocked that takes me down to the hypogean gaol area. so not long until get to the boss. i'm lvl 70 which i think is way higher than i was at this point in my first playthrough. i'm sure i finished about 85. stats are currently 26/25/25/25/11/8. i'm going to focus on vit/end/bt now. i think i'm done with strength/skill for now and not interested in arcane. my cleaver is at +7 and pistol at +6. i have some runes equipped. the one that gives +200 health with visceral attacks, more echoes, and higher defense.

Beast Claw is the fastest (transformed) after BoM.

With beast mark or alone?

right now i'm currently at yahar'gul with the short cut unlocked that takes me down to the hypogean gaol area. so not long until get to the boss. i'm lvl 70 which i think is way higher than i was at this point in my first playthrough. i'm sure i finished about 85. stats are currently 26/25/25/25/11/8. i'm going to focus on vit/end/bt now. i think i'm done with strength/skill for now and not interested in arcane. my cleaver is at +7 and pistol at +6. i have some runes equipped. the one that gives +200 health with visceral attacks, more echoes, and higher defense.

Recommended stat focus

Vit>End>Weapon stats

Dont forget the hard cap is on 50 points in most stats

Since you are investing on Vis, you could redirect some point on Skill for more Vis damage

Well I spoke too soon about things going smoothly. Having trouble with One Reborn. A boss that I defeated first try on my first playthrough. The thing causing me most bother is his attack where he spits acid or whatever it is all over the floor. Basically kills you no matter what even if you try roll away. All the videos on YouTube make it look so easy. I can't even remember how I dealt with it before.

Well I spoke too soon about things going smoothly. Having trouble with One Reborn. A boss that I defeated first try on my first playthrough. The thing causing me most bother is his attack where he spits acid or whatever it is all over the floor. Basically kills you no matter what even if you try roll away. All the videos on YouTube make it look so easy. I can't even remember how I dealt with it before.

Use the stairs.

I would if only I could get to them. If I'm up close hitting it then I can't get away.

I remember his "head" start to raise his hands before vomiting so you can run away too , the blood covers a medium area around it

Defeated One Reborn! Got some bolt paper, equipped a rune that increased physical damage and fortified my weapon to +8 and also levelled up a bit.

Now at Mensis. Really not looking forward to this at all. At lvl 73 now. Gonna go back and do the remaining optional areas now. Nightmare Frontier, Cainhurst Castle, Upper Cathedral Ward.

I never used the stairs against The One Reborn except to go take out the bell maidens.

There are some broken railings that leave him exposed to drop attacks. I saw someone do it twice or three times during a Co-Op session so I in turn started doing it in Co-Op sessions as well, really fun actually.

Top Bottom