• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Ludwig is one of those big name bosses that everyone talks about and is IMO the hardest boss in the game.

He DOES trash the shit out of you, but keep at it.

CfweIrG

i tried ludwig yesterday lol. never even managed to take 1/4 of his health off him. he keeps one shotting me.

He's an absolute fucking c*nt, seriously. You need to develop a proper strategy and really learn his moves to stand a chance. What really helped me is to listen more for audio queues than be distracted by all his horse-flailing about. Really keep on him and keep the pressure high against the head to get him into visceral states. Second phase I recommend keeping tight to the body and keeping the pressure there against his tiny crippled legs for visceral states.

Also, tip:
In his second stage he does an absolutely ridiculous mega AOE but he'll telegraph it by raising his sword in the air for a solid few seconds. You HAVE TO run behind him when he slams that sword down, otherwise you're pretty much fucked wherever you are in the room. Great opening for some serious damage though if you do it right.

Pixieking

Banned
*buys PS4 and Bloodborne*

*searches for latest Gaf thread, and subscribes*

*sees gross picture near top of latest page*

*rolls eyes*

*unsubscribes from thread*

I'll be back some other time, I'm sure, but... urgh. :/

*rolls eyes*

Eh , just give the game a try .

Its nothing like the pic

*rolls eyes*

I'll have you know Bloodborne is a gross game in general. It's just at the point where us here or at least me are able to find the humor in it. Being a Berserk fan also helps tremendously actually.

Its nothing like the pic
Isn't Oedon like a fucking rape ghost or some shit?

Pixieking

Banned

Its nothing like the pic

I've played the Dark Souls games and watched friends play BB. I know it's nothing like the pic. I was just massively put-off partaking in a thread where there's a picture of a "rape-horse".

I'll have you know Bloodborne is a gross game in general. It's just at the point where us here or at least me are able to find the humor in it. Being a Berserk fan also helps tremendously actually.

I kinda-thought Berserk was good, until that stupid tentacle scene with the only strong female character.

But whatevs... I'll just stay out of this thread from this point.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I mean, I'm not lying...?! I have a 30-something MB Bloodborne save file on my PS4 (and I re-downloaded it from the cloud save to be sure), but when I started up the digital copy for the first time since I bought it the only option was New Game.

EDIT - did a bit of digging on Google, and it looks like it's because I bought the GotY edition of Bloodborne whereas I had the vanilla edition on disc.
I wasn't saying you were lying, lol. Just thought you might have been mistaken or your PS4 glitched out. But I guess the special edition might not be save-compatible. That really sucks though. Did you have the DLC before when playing on the retail version?

i tried ludwig yesterday lol. never even managed to take 1/4 of his health off him. he keeps one shotting me.
Get more VIT. None of his attacks should OHKO except maybe one rare one.

*rolls eyes*

Wut

Pixieking

Banned

Something that isn't relevant anymore. :p

And to bring the thread back on-topic:

Gonna fire BB up tomorrow - anything I should know out-the-gate? I'm used to playing Dark Souls as sword-and-board, and BB is all about the dodging, right? What do I need to drop points into, regardless of my play-style?

I wasn't saying you were lying, lol. Just thought you might have been mistaken or your PS4 glitched out. But I guess the special edition might not be save-compatible. That really sucks though. Did you have the DLC before when playing on the retail version?

Get more VIT. None of his attacks should OHKO except maybe one rare one.

Wut

the only stats i'm levelling up now are vit and strength. i think i'm at 38/30/37/26/14/8 at the moment

Leezard

the only stats i'm levelling up now are vit and strength. i think i'm at 38/30/37/26/14/8 at the moment

I just beat him on NG. I have 34 vit and I didn't get oneshot by any of his attacks, they hurt like hell though. I wonder what's up then.

myco666

The local PlayStation FB page just posted about BB sales, and in the comments section some guy claimed to have platinumed the game in 30 hours. =D

That doesn't sound too hard actually. If you know the game well enough that should be plenty of time if you use save scumming for the endings. Even with all the endings legitly it shouldn't be that bad.

Melchiah

That doesn't sound too hard actually. If you know the game well enough that should be plenty of time if you use save scumming for the endings. Even with all the endings legitly it shouldn't be that bad.

30 hours to platinum from starting up the game the first time doesn't sound beliavable. You'd have to go through at least seven chalice dungeons, IIRC, including the Defiled one.

myco666

30 hours to platinum from starting up the game the first time doesn't sound beliavable. You'd have to go through at least seven chalice dungeons, IIRC, including the Defiled one.

Yeah for first time it doesn't sound believable but as I said if you know the game well enough it shouldn't be too bad.

Melchiah

Yeah for first time it doesn't sound believable but as I said if you know the game well enough it shouldn't be too bad.

Platinuming the game in 30 hours implies from start to finish, not starting from the subsequent playthroughs, after learning the robes. It might have been possible 1,5 years ago, before they removed the possibility of accessing the Ihyll chalice without completing the rest.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I just beat him on NG. I have 34 vit and I didn't get oneshot by any of his attacks, they hurt like hell though. I wonder what's up then.
If you're hit out of an animation then it counts as a counterhit, which does more damage than just standing there and eating the attack to the face.

That might be the cause of the oneshots.

Weird meme about Ludwig being a 'rape-horse'...nothing exciting, got deleted.
But he's based on Berserk's ...."horse" I guess weird obscene shit that I find funny cause it's taken from Berserk isn't funny for other people. Guess I should've just linked it instead having it plastered at the top of the page. Ludwig's a demented horse that will fuck your shit up. That's mainly what I was trying to get across, didn't think it'd be a thing. Sorry.
Something that isn't relevant anymore. :p

And to bring the thread back on-topic:

Gonna fire BB up tomorrow - anything I should know out-the-gate? I'm used to playing Dark Souls as sword-and-board, and BB is all about the dodging, right? What do I need to drop points into, regardless of my play-style?
Bloodborne is a lot faster than the Souls games, only one close to it is Demons Souls and Dark Souls 3, since you're a first time player drop points into vit. After that just drop the points into your relevant damage stat. Probably not the best time to do an arcane or bloodtinge build as your first character, though skill builds are highly viable, and probably my most preferred ones. Though my current pizza cutter based str build is beastly, granted she's now more of a quality build.

myco666

Well, using an alternative account is just bypassing the amount of time spent learning on the original account. That 3 hours there seems plausible on regular means. ;)

Obviously but it is still getting the platinum in less than 30 hours. Kinda like I can say "I just beat the game in three hours". How much hours I spent on getting good enough is irrelevant.

That 3 hours is nuts and I have hard time believing that. Then again fastest speed run with all bosses is like 1 hour and 30 minutes and that would leave 2 hours for chalices. 2 Hours for chalices sounds bit low but I have never tried to speedrun those so maybe it is possible.

But he's based on Berserk's ...."horse" I guess weird obscene shit that I find funny cause it's taken from Berserk isn't funny for other people. Guess I should've just linked it instead having it plastered at the top of the page. Ludwig's a demented horse that will fuck your shit up. That's mainly what I was trying to get across, didn't think it'd be a thing. Sorry.

Don't have to explain it to me, I took no offense and have a nasty sense of humor myself. Was just reiterating what that was all about for the person who didn't see the actual pic.

Don't have to explain it to me, I took no offense and have a nasty sense of humor myself. Was just reiterating what that was all about for the person who didn't see the actual pic.
Judging by your username it makes sense that you were fine with it. I've probably called the game that as well.

Maybe his charge attack kills you or just jumping attack still, I recommend like 45 vit and you are good to go for every zone and defiled chalice

Being inmaterial and being everywhere is kind of disturbing
Probably impregnates the Yharnamites through pizza, or to stay true to the Victorian era, Banger's and Mash.

cj_iwakura

Looks like Ninja gaiden Mentor difficulty combined with Dark Souls UI, the toad boss was kinda bad and his strategy looks pretty similar to a soul boss fight, three hits combos, big heavy hit and a special ability plus he entered several phases on the same bad the guy fighting him decided to "die" cuz he was about to kill the booss first try,

Eileen sometimes moves right outside the oedon chapel , main cathedral exit if you didnt talk to her on the abandoned building

Don't see anyone there. Which abandoned building?

Defeated Ludwig! 3rd attempt. Honestly a bit disappointed. I've seen a lot of people say they had so much trouble with him and he's one of the hardest bosses if not hardest in the game. One of his attacks in the first stage gave me a bit of trouble. His second stage was straight forward enough. Then again I did summon Valtr and I was probably way overlevelled (103, +10 cleaver). Blood Starved Beast remains the boss that has given me most trouble with Ebrietas in 2nd place.

Now I am level 110 (40/30/42/26/14/8). Going to focus on my VIT now until 50 then I will get prioritise Skill until 30 and start level up Endurance + Skill at the same time until I get 40 End and 42 Skill. After that I will maybe put some into Bloodtinge.

The hall area after Ludwig there are some locked doors with NPCs. I'm not sure how to unlock them (I saw an item inside) and one NPC asked me a question and I answerer I don't hear the bells...I guess I messed up there. Not sure what that was about.

Those two enemies in the next area kept killing me so I just ran past and put the eye pendant in to get to the Research Hall. I unlocked a short cut next to some npc asking for brain fluid. I think I am at a dead end right now. I assume there is a way to rotate the stair case? I will go back and figure it out later.

Melchiah

Obviously but it is still getting the platinum in less than 30 hours. Kinda like I can say "I just beat the game in three hours". How much hours I spent on getting good enough is irrelevant.

That 3 hours is nuts and I have hard time believing that. Then again fastest speed run with all bosses is like 1 hour and 30 minutes and that would leave 2 hours for chalices. 2 Hours for chalices sounds bit low but I have never tried to speedrun those so maybe it is possible.

Well, I could complete RE2 under three hours (IIRC) to unlock Hunk, after knowing what to do. It's not really the same as claiming you've gotten platinum under X hours, when you've actually played the game more hours than that. For example, it took me one month and one week to platinum Resogun. Naturally, I could do it faster now on a different account, but it wouldn't change how long it took initially, nor portray the actual playing time put into it.

1½ hours for completing the main game is nuts. I don't think I could do it, even after three playthroughs. 2 hours for chalices might have been doable before the patch though, when you could access Ihyll via the Makeshift Altar, after getting the Short Ritual Root Chalice from the Lower Hintertomb. Although, Ihyll's Pthumerian Descendant might be a problem without a co-op partner.

Isn't Oedon like a fucking rape ghost or some shit?
Being inmaterial and being everywhere is kind of disturbing

It's an interesting thought, what that makes of Arianna.

"And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

Was thinking about making a LTTP but will just post here instead.

Finally started this, owned it for a full year, got it when I bought my PS4 but had no time or motivation to really dig into this. Played past the second boss when I first got it but starting again fresh.

Loving the areas and level design, a bit more mazey than I was expecting but so far I've been sticking to a path and going to the end. Really enjoying it though, no idea what to expect, no idea what 90% of the items are for or what stats are good, just giving this a good ol try. Any non spoiler tips would be great (I skipped a lot of this thread to the bottom to avoid them, somehow I've seen very little of this or Dark Souls 3 so far even as a souls fan)

Can't wait for more but sadly my week off work to be filled with gaming was derailed slightly by the sudden onset of a cold. Beat FFXV yesterday and wanted to clear BB before Tuesday but I was sneezing so much and had such a hard time with a sinus headache+eye strain I only made it to the Bloodstarved Beast before throwing in the towel.

Toxi

Banned
The hall area after Ludwig there are some locked doors with NPCs. I'm not sure how to unlock them (I saw an item inside) and one NPC asked me a question and I answerer I don't hear the bells...I guess I messed up there. Not sure what that was about.
You didn't mess up, he laughs and calls you a liar if you say you did hear it.

You'll understand the bell thing later.

myco666

Well, I could complete RE2 under three hours (IIRC) to unlock Hunk, after knowing what to do. It's not really the same as claiming you've gotten platinum under X hours, when you've actually played the game more hours than that. For example, it took me one month and one week to platinum Resogun. Naturally, I could do it faster now on a different account, but it wouldn't change how long it took initially, nor portray the actual playing time put into it.

1½ hours for completing the main game is nuts. I don't think I could do it, even after three playthroughs. 2 hours for chalices might have been doable before the patch though, when you could access Ihyll via the Makeshift Altar, after getting the Short Ritual Root Chalice from the Lower Hintertomb. Although, Ihyll's Pthumerian Descendant might be a problem without a co-op partner.

But why it is not the same? For example Demon's Souls has 3 separate trophy lists based on regions. If I first get EU version platinum in whatever hours it takes the first time and then get NA version platinum in 10-15 hours couldn't I say I got the platinum in 10-15 hours?

That run had the DLC also so it had to be patched version where you couldn't do that. Though I guess he/she could have done that chalices first and then patched the game but yeah.

Melchiah

But why it is not the same? For example Demon's Souls has 3 separate trophy lists based on regions. If I first get EU version platinum in whatever hours it takes the first time and then get NA version platinum in 10-15 hours couldn't I say I got the platinum in 10-15 hours?

That run had the DLC also so it had to be patched version where you couldn't do that. Though I guess he/she could have done that chalices first and then patched the game but yeah.

Because the person made a claim he did something within a certain limit, that's well below what it usually takes, when in reality it took him longer than that in total playing time. It's just bragging with skewed results. It's also not far from claiming to have beaten the main game and chalice dungeons solo, despite of being helped by a co-op partner. It's just beyond me what's the point of using inaccurate stats to brag about something.

In your example, it would be more accurate to say it took 10-15 hours for the second platinum run.

myco666

Because the person made a claim he did something within a certain limit, that's well below what it usually takes, when in reality it took him longer than that in total playing time. It's just bragging with skewed results. It's also not far from claiming to have beaten the main game and chalice dungeons solo, despite of being helped by a co-op partner. It's just beyond me what's the point of using inaccurate stats to brag about something.

In your example, it would be more accurate to say it took 10-15 hours for the second platinum run.

Getting platinum doesn't imply that it is your first time trying to get it. Haven't seen the comment though so don't know if the person claimed that. However now that I think about it more I would argue that 30-40 hours to plat if you use guide. That is however skill dependant but you can keep summoning constantly people who can overpower through the game for you.

Melchiah

Getting platinum doesn't imply that it is your first time trying to get it. Haven't seen the comment though so don't know if the person claimed that. However now that I think about it more I would argue that 30-40 hours to plat if you use guide. That is however skill dependant but you can keep summoning constantly people who can overpower through the game for you.

True, but saying it took 30 hours implies that's all it took to get it.

Top Bottom