• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Clear out the other side first. so go to the path that is to the left as you face the catherderal once you are up most of the stairs. You will thank me later.

There are actually

So I went the other way to the right facing the Grand Cathedral, took down the two hunters, went all the way past the two executioners and inside the large building (another Cathedral?!). Had the glowing 'black hole' from the
invisible Cthulhu monster
, which leads me to assume I'm just outside of the Cathedral Ward safe room, but on the other side of a locked door? Is there anything more I can do down here or should I go and look for somewhere else to progress?

Elsewhere I've done a bit of co-op tonight and helped others take down the Witch and Vicar Amelia. I'm not actually sure where else I can push forward now, besides returning to the Unseen Village.

Alright, taken down Darkbeast Paarl. Went back to the Unseen Village, and I can handle it now even though the Snatchers can still be tough. The atmosphere there is incredibly draining though. Anyway, there must be more stuff to explore in the areas I've been through, so I think I'll go back to Henwick tomorrow night.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Been seeing man vs game tweet it out. seems like a decent fake. Hype got me, sorry about that!

But would love a 2 right about now though xD

Not really decent when you consider the "coloured pencil" PS filter just slapped on for good measure.

Getting people worked up like this is pretty dumb. Man vs. Game is right.

psyfi

Banned
Need help with it? I'll be back online playing in probably 13 hours. I'm in the UK.
Aw man I just saw this! If anyone wants to help me out that'd be awesome. I've just been grinding and back tracking to make sure I didn't miss anything, I'm about to go back and fight it again. I actually wiped out my blood vial reserves for the first time, haha.

Aw man I just saw this! If anyone wants to help me out that'd be awesome. I've just been grinding and back tracking to make sure I didn't miss anything, I'm about to go back and fight it again. I actually wiped out my blood vial reserves for the first time, haha.

Bsb? That was by far the toughest boss in the entire game for me including dlc! I'd help but not sure I can since I just started ng+ and haven't beat cleric yet as I am taking a break.

Always dodge to the left, stock up on antidotes, parry it, throw some pungent cocktails, summon alfred.

I died so many times and ran out of not only vials but antidotes and other consumables. Ended up just paying the 10000 for the badge and came back later.

psyfi

Banned
Yup, BSB
Backstreet Boys
. I don't know what badge you're talking about (don't tell me, I wanna figure out on my own). But I've harvested well over 10000 echoes just running around and exploring again, haha. I only found one new spot, but I got a saw out of it, so that was cool. I have two melee weapons now.

Goldboy

Absolutely decimated One Reborn. Didn't even go to the second level, lol.

One of my favorite bosses in the game for the sole fact that I love seeing how quickly I can destroy him. It's a blast trying to maximize damage output and going to town with Blades of Mercy+Beast Blood Pellet or Rakuyo R1 spam.

Amygdala or Logarius first? I have those guys left before taking on the final boss and "real ending". Haven't started their respective areas yet either and can only play during the weekends. Currently level 70, am I overleveled or underleveled? I'm skipping Ebrietas for now, but I'll make an extra save before doing the final boss fight to go back to it.

Best wishes.

Milijango

Amygdala or Logarius first? I have those guys left before taking on the final boss and "real ending". Haven't started their respective areas yet either and can only play during the weekends. Currently level 70, am I overleveled or underleveled? I'm skipping Ebrietas for now, but I'll make an extra save before doing the final boss fight to go back to it.

Best wishes.

Amygdala will be a complete joke at level 70 though it has a fairly difficult area. Logarius is tough in general but is probably meant to be beaten at a lower level, and his area is definitely easier + smaller. So if you don't have much time go Logarius (assuming you don't get stuck on him), otherwise Amygdala.

You're about normal level for the endgame.

Goldboy

Best wishes.

Amygdala's much easier than Logarius, so I'd go with Amy first.

psyfi

Banned
BSB HOLY HELL

I cannot beat that shit head still, even after grinding and summoning Alfred. I tried getting a co-op buddy, but it didn't match me with anyone. I only have a few insight left. :(

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Best wishes.

You are fine for those areas, maybe even a bit overlevelled for Amygdala.

Do you have the DLC btw? If you do definitely do that before the final boss since killing the final boss throws you into NG+ automatically. That said if you do the DLC first the last boss will be really easy haha.

No worries at all; I'm playing pretty much every day at the moment, so if you want you can send me a friend request to Telminator-2 and we can hook up if we're online at the same time.

Best wishes.
Judging by your level you haven't touched any of the chalice dungeons yet.

Isn't that BB2 image really old? Remember seeing it last summer on some BB facebook page.

I've never seen it before, but it's obviously fake. Just some dumb kid online hungry for attention.

EDIT - I've been thinking today, if my character is about level 62 am I ready to try and tackle the Chalice Dungeon?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Best wishes.
Probably severely overleveled for Amygdala, but only slightly overleveled for Logarius.

GHG

Fuck the nightmare frontier. That is all. That area is rage inducing, so much so I rage quitted the game. I'm taking a break from playing this. Fuck that shit.

GonzoCR

I've never seen it before, but it's obviously fake. Just some dumb kid online hungry for attention.

EDIT - I've been thinking today, if my character is about level 62 am I ready to try and tackle the Chalice Dungeon?

You're really overleveled for depth 1 and 2 dungeons but your level is just right for depth 3, I think. If you mean the chalice dungeon you get after BSB, you should be fine.

Fuck the nightmare frontier. That is all. That area is rage inducing, so much so I rage quitted the game. I'm taking a break from playing this. Fuck that shit.
Nightmare Frontier and the other Nightmare level are my least favorite ones. I'm fairly used to the level design for it now, but still occasionally fuck up at the end and fall off...something into a poison swamp and just get fucked up.
:D Have you meet the singing ladys?
They just want to hug you to death.

GHG

:D Have you meet the singing ladys?

giphy.gif

As a Cane player, fighting BSB with close weapons is really scary due the Poison on his last phase

Huh, funny, I only died to BSB twice before I was able to make the Visceral Attack timing muscle-memory.

On my third try I killed him in a string of uninterrupted Visceral Attacks without BSB getting a single hit on me.

Unfortunately, the radically different timings on every other boss's attacks compared to BSB has fucked me.

EDIT:

Also, FUCK NIGHTMARE FRONTIER AND ITS FRENZY-BASED ENEMIES GUARDING EVERY DEAD-END I'VE HIT.

Akuun

Also, FUCK NIGHTMARE FRONTIER AND ITS FRENZY-BASED ENEMIES GUARDING EVERY DEAD-END I'VE HIT.
Those things are the scariest monsters in the game to me. And possibly the scariest monster in any game I've played.

I just go completely all-or nothing every time I fight one of them by walking up and trying to parry their grab. If I parry, I win. If I miss it, I'll probably die. Simple as that. It's both thrilling and terrifying because the goddamn parry window feels a bit weird to me.

I love the voice of the doll. She sounds so lovely and I am always happy that I can listen to someone not insane when I return into the dream.
I like the Doll. The only FromSoft leveling waifu that I actually care about.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I didnt like Nightmare Frontier mostly because its when the level layout goes full Lovecraftian. Any semblance of familiarity (city streets, buildings, forests) is gone and replaced by an unrecognizable landscape. The terrain is erratic, unpredictable, and difficult to rememeber.

Is there even any lore for what those things sing? Probably singing about Yharnam marshmallows.

I want to believe is the same lullaby as mergo lullaby song, Father G's wife have the same melody on the music box

I love the voice of the doll. She sounds so lovely and I am always happy that I can listen to someone not insane when I return into the dream.

Yup, her voice is pretty calmly

"You are welcome to use whatever you find. ...even the doll"

I felt some kind of malicous tone in that line.

Akuun

Is there even any lore for what those things sing? Probably singing about Yharnam marshmallows.
I remember hearing somewhere that the song is somewhat reminiscent of the music in the Hunter's Dream in the second half of the game, but I've never checked for myself.

They also only sing when you have a certain amount of insight.

I remember hearing somewhere that the song is somewhat reminiscent of the music in the Hunter's Dream in the second half of the game, but I've never checked for myself.

They also only sing when you have a certain amount of insight.
Well that's interesting. They're so late game that I usually have a ton of insight by the time I see them.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I didnt like Nightmare Frontier mostly because its when the level layout goes full Lovecraftian. Any semblance of familiarity (city streets, buildings, forests) is gone and replaced by an unrecognizable landscape. The terrain is erratic, unpredictable, and difficult to rememeber.
Whaaa?

I loved Nightmare Frontier precisely for all those reasons! I didn't know the game was really Lovecraftian at that time (I went there as soon as I found the tonsil stone in Forbidden Woods, there had only been subtle hints at the most before that) and it blew my mind.

Amygdala will be a complete joke at level 70 though it has a fairly difficult area. Logarius is tough in general but is probably meant to be beaten at a lower level, and his area is definitely easier + smaller. So if you don't have much time go Logarius (assuming you don't get stuck on him), otherwise Amygdala.

You're about normal level for the endgame.

I'm usually tired after work so I plan to really only play on Sunday's or maybe Saturday's. Bloodborne isn't the type of game I'd want to play after a long day of work lol, so yeah I guess I'll do that.

You are fine for those areas, maybe even a bit overlevelled for Amygdala.

Do you have the DLC btw? If you do definitely do that before the final boss since killing the final boss throws you into NG+ automatically. That said if you do the DLC first the last boss will be really easy haha.

I actually didn't know about Amygdala until a friend told me about the whole Tonsil Stone thing, but Logarius I deliberately skipped. I do not have the DLC, but I am making an extra save before the final fight, so I can always go back to it.

Judging by your level you haven't touched any of the chalice dungeons yet.

Correct, but mainly because I wanted to play through the main game. I've been told that the dungeons are pretty grindy too, so I probably won't do them unless I need to grind, but given my time constraints, I might just skip it unless heavily recommended.

BSB HOLY HELL

I cannot beat that shit head still, even after grinding and summoning Alfred. I tried getting a co-op buddy, but it didn't match me with anyone. I only have a few insight left. :(

I know you've beaten BSB already but honestly, if you dodge towards it's initial swipe attack, you'll have an incredibly easier time.

Thank you everyone, I'll try to do both Amygdala and Logarius this coming weekend, but worst case at least beat Amygdala.

Best wishes.

Correct, but mainly because I wanted to play through the main game. I've been told that the dungeons are pretty grindy too, so I probably won't do them unless I need to grind, but given my time constraints, I might just skip it unless heavily recommended.
I think the chalices are only really grindy if you wait till the end of the game to do all of them. If you do the game and sprinkle the chalices throughout the main game it's nowhere near as bad as what people complain about.

psyfi

Banned
I can't wait to play some more tonight. This is game is so damn good. I haven't figured out where to take the key I got from BSB, so that's my task tonight.

psyfi

Banned
So, when I run out of blood vials is my only option to grind them or buy them? I keep running out when I go up against new bosses, and I'm sick of farming in Central Yarnham.

Edit : oops, double post

Goldboy

So, when I run out of blood vials is my only option to grind them or buy them? I keep running out when I go up against new bosses, and I'm sick of farming in Central Yarnham.

Unfortunately yes. IMO, the need to farm vials is the biggest design flaw in BB. Personally, I used any Echoes I got throughout areas to level up, but used all of the "Coldblood" items to buy excess vials and ended up running out a lot less.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

How far have you progressed. You can farm very good in the Lecture Buildiung. 10k Echoes per clearing of the first floor. That are thirteen vials. I would spend a hour doing that and you should have plenty enough.

aravuus

The fastest vial farming route I found, need to have killed CB and Daddy-o and opened a couple of shortcuts:
1. Spawn at the Cleric Beast lamp (Great Bridge? Something like that) and kill the big guy and the two beasts on the bridge. Ignore or kill the birds, who needs pebbles.
2. Go down the stairs in to the shortcut house (middle of the bridge, right side when you're looking from the CB lamp), down the stairs there and take a right, out the house. You could kill the guys in the house, but it's probably a waste of time.
3. Go down the stairs on the left almost immediately after leaving the house, in to the clearing with the two big guys. Kill them both and take the shortcut elevator down.
4. Cross the bridge, wait for the flaming boulder to kill the guys and loot them. If it doesn't trigger until you've almost crossed already, whatever, only one of the bridge dudes ever dropped vials for me, so they're a waste of time. Kill the big guy who pushed the boulder down at the first place.
5. Go up the stairs and kill the two slender boys on the right. Up the stairs again, and leave via the daddy boss room lamp. Rinse and repeat.

Big guys, the bridge beasts and the slender boys all seemed to drop 2-3 vials fairly consistently, so that'd be around 16-24 vials per run and since it's the first area, this is an incredibly easy and fast route to run through. Takes like 5 mins.

Obviously only good for vials, though. You'll get some ammo here and there.

Also start buying vials with spare echoes when you level up. This plus the route I ran through every now and then made sure I finished the game with hundreds of extra vials.

The fastest vial farming route I found, need to have killed CB and Daddy-o and opened a couple of shortcuts:
1. Spawn at the Cleric Beast lamp (Great Bridge? Something like that) and kill the big guy and the two beasts on the bridge. Ignore or kill the birds, who needs pebbles.
2. Go down the stairs in to the shortcut house (middle of the bridge, right side when you're looking from the CB lamp), down the stairs there and take a right, out the house. You could kill the guys in the house, but it's probably a waste of time.
3. Go down the stairs on the left almost immediately after leaving the house, in to the clearing with the two big guys. Kill them both and take the shortcut elevator down.
4. Cross the bridge, wait for the flaming boulder to kill the guys and loot them. If it doesn't trigger until you've almost crossed already, whatever, only one of the bridge dudes ever dropped vials for me, so they're a waste of time. Kill the big guy who pushed the boulder down at the first place.
5. Go up the stairs and kill the two slender boys on the right. Up the stairs again, and leave via the daddy boss room lamp. Rinse and repeat.

Big guys, the bridge beasts and the slender boys all seemed to drop 2-3 vials fairly consistently, so that'd be around 16-24 vials per run and since it's the first area, this is an incredibly easy and fast route to run through. Takes like 5 mins.

Obviously only good for vials, though. You'll get some ammo here and there.

Also start buying vials with spare echoes when you level up. This plus the route I ran through every now and then made sure I finished the game with hundreds of extra vials.

This is sound advice (brick trolls almost always drop 2-3 blood vials), however at point 2 I would clear out the house then run back up the stairs and aggro the two werewolves and let them follow you down to the house as they can't get in the entrance, so they're easy pickings and you should get 3 vials from each of them as well.

Anyway, I hit maximum vials last night which means I have 999 in my inventory and consistently 20 on my person. Also did the first Chalice Dungeon, which ends in the battle against the giant fire dog. That was the only part of the dungeon which gave me any bother. The dungeon itself was a bit plain and boring, to be honest. I prefer the proper level design elsewhere in the game - is there any particular need to continue with the Chalice Dungeons? I've no idea if I will go for the Platinum yet, if that's a factor.

Top Bottom