• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Unseen is purely optional at this point. You'll return later. I think you need to take a better look around in the cathedral ward, if you're where i think you are. Have you tried the other exit form Oedon Chapel, the one not leading to Old Yharnam?

Okay, thanks. I now have four ways out of Oedon Chapel, two of them I didn't find a route forward (one goes up a staircase past a couple of cane fighters to a locked gate, and the other up a lift to some precarious ledges with lots of wheelchair gunners that again ends up by a locked gate), but I'll check again tonight.

Also, two questions: what do you get if someone votes one of your notes Fine? Some blood echoes? Also, those guys with the sack who appear and if they kill you, you awaken in the Unseen Village - do they respawn endlessly? I've got a couple in Cathedral Ward now and they're making it really tense as they're tough to kill and I don't want to go there yet! Fought one and barely survived, so I've taken to running away for now!

Nev

Banned
Also, two questions: what do you get if someone votes one of your notes Fine? Some blood echoes? Also, those guys with the sack who appear and if they kill you, you awaken in the Unseen Village - do they respawn endlessly? I've got a couple in Cathedral Ward now and they're making it really tense as they're tough to kill and I don't want to go there yet! Fought one and barely survived, so I've taken to running away for now!

1. Your HP gets replenished instantly.

2. Every regular enemy respawn endlessly in this game, this is not Dark Souls II. They go away
when you kill Rom though

Melchiah

Okay, thanks. I now have four ways out of Oedon Chapel, two of them I didn't find a route forward (one goes up a staircase past a couple of cane fighters to a locked gate, and the other up a lift to some precarious ledges with lots of wheelchair gunners that again ends up by a locked gate), but I'll check again tonight.

Have you tried going left from the Cathedral door?

The Snatchers are weak to poison, so you can use Poison Knives to kill them safely from afar.

I usually just rush in, wail on them till they buff themselves and while they're in that animation just charge up a back stab and then visceral. Usually kills them in one go unless they're seriously over powered.

cj_iwakura

Martyr is such a swag ass fight. That music, timing the parries right the sounds of the magic rushing passed you exploding as you dodge it, it's just too good.

Is it safe to attack him when he starts charging? The wiki says so, but I got blasted by an AOE afterward.

AndersK

Come to think of it, you need to unlock those first. Try the west exit and head north from the first courtyard. You should Come upon some gates from the unlockable sides.

Come to think of it, you need to unlock those first. Try the west exit and head north from the first courtyard. You should Come upon some gates from the unlockable sides.

Thanks. I'm still a bit lost, but didn't get a chance to play last night so I couldn't explore. I will give it another crack tonight.

Also, just outside of Oedon Chapel to the left in the area with two of the cane guys, over by the fence among the gravestones there's some kind of 'black hole' thing which warped me into the sky, but thankfully I didn't die. What is it, and how I kill it (or should I just stay away)?

EDIT - just been watching a video about Cathedral Ward on YouTube, and apparently I need to get through a gate by buying something from Hunter's Dream for 10k blood echoes? That's a bit annoying. Honestly, I've barely visited the little pool to buy stuff from the ghost guys, so how was I supposed to know this is what I had to do?

EDIT 2 - reading up on it, it sounds like I will be able to drop down behind the gate. Will have to do more exploring tonight.

Melchiah

Thanks. I'm still a bit lost, but didn't get a chance to play last night so I couldn't explore. I will give it another crack tonight.

Also, just outside of Oedon Chapel to the left in the area with two of the cane guys, over by the fence among the gravestones there's some kind of 'black hole' thing which warped me into the sky, but thankfully I didn't die. What is it, and how I kill it (or should I just stay away)?

EDIT - just been watching a video about Cathedral Ward on YouTube, and apparently I need to get through a gate by buying something from Hunter's Dream for 10k blood echoes? That's a bit annoying. Honestly, I've barely visited the little pool to buy stuff from the ghost guys, so how was I supposed to know this is what I had to do?

EDIT 2 - reading up on it, it sounds like I will be able to drop down behind the gate. Will have to do more exploring tonight.

Oh, you meant the Church Doctors with the "cane fighters", instead of enemy hunters:
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Church+Doctor

The "black hole" is
the entrance to the DLC
, after you've beaten the Cathedral Ward boss.

You can either buy the key, or beat Blood-starved Beast to open the gate. There's no other way to get through.

Melchiah

Just curious, is there any reason why that door opens after beating the beast? I thought that was one of the more ridiculous moments of the game.

This is what the item description says.

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunter+Chief+Emblem
"A cloth emblem that belonged to the captain of the Church hunters long ago. Opens the main gate that leads to the round plaza of the Great Cathedral.

The main gate is shut tight on nights of the hunt, and could only be opened from the other side with this emblem. In other words, the captain's return, and this emblem, determined the end of the hunt."

Perhaps BSB's demise signals the end of the hunt?

Okay, thanks. I have beaten BSB but I don't think I have tried the gate since then, so I will make sure I do that tonight.

There's a mention about a third option for getting to the other side...
Used to open the main gate to boss at the Great Cathedral (can be opened from the other side by dropping to the bottom of Healing Church and using an elevator).
...which sounds odd to me, since the door to the elevator is locked before beating BSB.

Okay, so Eileen the Crow isn't where I'm reading she's supposed to be, outside Oedon Chapel. I've beaten Blood Starved Beast but have not got any further at all. Any ideas? Am I too soon to continue her quest? I did meet her in Central Yarnham.

Okay, so Eileen the Crow isn't where I'm reading she's supposed to be, outside Oedon Chapel. I've beaten Blood Starved Beast but have not got any further at all. Any ideas? Am I too soon to continue her quest? I did meet her in Central Yarnham.
You must have opened two gates first: (A.) The large gate to the circular area, towards the Cathedral; and (2.) After going up the stairs, a short way, and turning right, you will have to pull a lever to open the smaller gate, leading back to the Cathedral Ward.
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Eileen+the+Crow

Just quoting that part in case you didn't want to visit the link and look through spoilers for that specific location.

As always with Souls, if in doubt reload the area (hunter's dream and back again or use a homeward bone). That often pushes things along if you've done everything else required. :)

Hmm... I think I'm out of my league once again, but if you're out there and could lend a hand, I'm in Lower Ailing Loran Chalice on Layer 3, and it's the Loran Darkbeast...

Settings:
Lower Ailing Loran Layer 3
Worldwide
Password neogaf

Send help!

edit:

Oh, and say in this thread if you're coming, as until then, I'll have the password off in hopes of a stray summon.

Thanks!

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Eileen+the+Crow

Just quoting that part in case you didn't want to visit the link and look through spoilers for that specific location.

As always with Souls, if in doubt reload the area (hunter's dream and back again or use a homeward bone). That often pushes things along if you've done everything else required. :)

Thank you. I have since opened both gates so next time I play I shall go back and meet her. Made good progress tonight; I've explored most of Cathedral Ward now (there was one ledge with a squid face dude which I couldn't get to) and I'm ready to go take on the boss. Might just do a bit more grinding and get my axe up to +5 if I can find a couple more Twin Blood Stone Shards (which the Snatcher outside of Oedon Chapel drops about half the time). I also ended up back in the Unseen Village but I played it much more sensibly and discovered that there's a lantern pretty close by, so that was an incredible relief. That's where I got stuck a couple of years ago and gave up as I couldn't make any progress.

Hmm... I think I'm out of my league once again, but if you're out there and could lend a hand, I'm in Lower Ailing Loran Chalice on Layer 3, and it's the Loran Darkbeast...

Settings:
Lower Ailing Loran Layer 3
Worldwide
Password neogaf

Send help!

edit:

Oh, and say in this thread if you're coming, as until then, I'll have the password off in hopes of a stray summon.

Thanks!
Oh fuck that thing.

Started playing this again to help a friend who just started, and I've helped him through 3 bosses starting from Vicar Amelia, and each encounter the boss has not gone through a second or third form. They just stay in their first and don't amp up their aggression. So they've been super easy. Is this a glitch? How can we avoid it to have better / normal battles?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The game stopped to fill up my Blood vials and other Items when I die, even while I have more then enough in the storage... Is it supposed to be that way?

The game stopped to fill up my Blood vials and other Items when I die, even while I have more then enough in the storage... Is it supposed to be that way?

I you die in the dream it wont re stock. and no its not supposed to happen unless you already wasted your saved stock.

Started playing this again to help a friend who just started, and I've helped him through 3 bosses starting from Vicar Amelia, and each encounter the boss has not gone through a second or third form. They just stay in their first and don't amp up their aggression. So they've been super easy. Is this a glitch? How can we avoid it to have better / normal battles?

Maybe your weapons are too strong, your damage is scaled but your gems can be a real difference still

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Sounds like that memory glitch leak. Guess it still happens sometimes? Tell him to close the application and restart the game.

Nope. You're out of vials. Only vials and bullets refill automatically from storage btw, other consumables don't (annoyingly enough).

Oh, you meant the Church Doctors with the "cane fighters", instead of enemy hunters:
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Church+Doctor

The "black hole" is
the entrance to the DLC
, after you've beaten the Cathedral Ward boss.

You can either buy the key, or beat Blood-starved Beast to open the gate. There's no other way to get through.

Thanks. Any tips on what level to tackle the DLC? I know a lot of people have said it's pretty hard, so should I tackle most of the game and when it looks like I'm approaching the endgame come back to the DLC? I'm probably some hours away from being ready to do this anyway, so it's kinda moot right now.

Also, I love how active the community still is - both here, and in the game. A lot of my notes are being voted 'Fine' which is great, and with a Souls game I feel like discussing tactics and getting advice is part of the fun. So thanks to everyone who has offered advice! I'm really enjoying Bloodborne, and it has finally 'clicked' for me.

Melchiah

Thanks. Any tips on what level to tackle the DLC? I know a lot of people have said it's pretty hard, so should I tackle most of the game and when it looks like I'm approaching the endgame come back to the DLC? I'm probably some hours away from being ready to do this anyway, so it's kinda moot right now.

Also, I love how active the community still is - both here, and in the game. A lot of my notes are being voted 'Fine' which is great, and with a Souls game I feel like discussing tactics and getting advice is part of the fun. So thanks to everyone who has offered advice! I'm really enjoying Bloodborne, and it has finally 'clicked' for me.

I tried it first at level 60, and it was too hard for me. So, I continued the main game until I was around 85-90, which made it more manageable for me. The official guide recommends level 80, with at least +9 weapon.
EDIT: It's best to tackle the DLC before beating the 2nd boss in the last area,
Nightmare of Mensis
, so you won't miss any dialogue related to the DLC. You could also copy the save file to a USB-stick at that point, and finish the main game before the DLC, so you won't be overlevelled for its final bosses. Then just load up the backup save after it's finished, and start the DLC.

Good to hear, that you're enjoying the game. I actually never experienced the effects of note-voting, since I played all my three playthroughs offline. Personally, I liked it that way; no scattered notes everywhere, no forewarning of what's to come, and most importantly no invasions.

I tried it first at level 60, and it was too hard for me. So, I continued the main game until I was around 85-90, which made it more manageable for me. The official guide recommends level 80, with at least +9 weapon.
EDIT: It's best to tackle the DLC before beating the 2nd boss in the last area,
Nightmare of Mensis
, so you won't miss any dialogue related to the DLC. You could also copy a backup save to a USB-stick at that point, and finish the main game before the DLC, so you won't be overlevelled for its final bosses. Then just load up the backup save after it's finished, and start the DLC.

Good to hear, that you're enjoying the game. I actually never experienced the effects of note-voting, since I played all my three playthroughs offline. Personally, I liked it that way; no scattered notes everywhere, no forewarning of what's to come, and most importantly no invasions.

I haven't had any invasions yet. Had a mostly positive experience with it in Demon's Souls, but I didn't really like them in Dark Souls as I got absolutely destroyed in the few times I got invaded so I ended up playing offline. But I do like sharing tips with notes and so forth - being part of a community around the game really adds to the enjoyment. I really got involved in that with Demon's Souls, but missed that with Dark Souls and I ended up enjoying the game less, and I'm sure missing the community while it was fully active was a part of it.

Melchiah

I haven't had any invasions yet. Had a mostly positive experience with it in Demon's Souls, but I didn't really like them in Dark Souls as I got absolutely destroyed in the few times I got invaded so I ended up playing offline. But I do like sharing tips with notes and so forth - being part of a community around the game really adds to the enjoyment. I really got involved in that with Demon's Souls, but missed that with Dark Souls and I ended up enjoying the game less, and I'm sure missing the community while it was fully active was a part of it.

I might play online, if I could choose to have the notes without invasions. I just don't have any desire to play PVP, and feel like the invasions would affect the experience negatively. So, I don't want to have even the possibility of that happening. The notes aren't a big deal to me though, so I can happily play without them as well.

I like the co-op aspect, and used it to my advantage when I went through the Ihyll chalice the first time. The same goes for the hardest optional boss in DS3, and the DLC bosses. I had much harder time with beating some of the bosses in DS3, due to not handling the parry mechanism.

I pretty much consider the dlc end game content. Last time I just ran through the first area to get the Pizza Cutter and noped right the fuck out once I found it, this was after I beat Amelia. It's way more manageable once you +10 your weapon and have some decent gems on your weapon. The hard areas are still hard, but it's less psychotic cause you actually have viable damage output.

Melchiah

I pretty much consider the dlc end game content. Last time I just ran through the first area to get the Pizza Cutter and noped right the fuck out once I found it, this was after I beat Amelia. It's way more manageable once you +10 your weapon and have some decent gems on your weapon. The hard areas are still hard, but it's less psychotic cause you actually have viable damage output.

Yeah, I'd personally start the DLC after getting the +18% physical attack gems, and Blood Chunk to raise the weapon to +10 level, from the last main game area.

Top Bottom