• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

GHG

Guys where should I be sending NPC's?
The clinic or the chapel?
I've sent a couple to
the chapel so far
but not sure if I'm doing the right thing.

Matt Frost

Yeah, I'd personally start the DLC after getting the +18% physical attack gems, and Blood Chunk to raise the weapon to +10 level, from the last main game area.

Melchiah knows his stuff. The entrance is the hardest in the game with all those hunters. Is front-heavy. Then it becomes a little easier (except the boss fights of course, that damn hors...

Guys where should I be sending NPC's?
The clinic or the chapel?
I've sent a couple to
the chapel so far
but not sure if I'm doing the right thing.
Chapel except for one really really really suspect looking hobo.
Melchiah knows his stuff. The entrance is the hardest in the game with all those hunters. Is front-heavy. Then it becomes a little easier (except the boss fights of course, that damn hors...
The hunters are manageable if you know the parry timing, but fuck the boom hammer hunters. Even if you can visceral them if you don't have the damage output on your viscerals you still have to parry them like 4 times.

GHG

Chapel except for one really really really suspect looking hobo.

The hunters are manageable if you know the parry timing, but fuck the boom hammer hunters. Even if you can visceral them if you don't have the damage output on your viscerals you still have to parry them like 4 times.

The one in the
forbidden woods standing over a bunch of dead bodies with blood on his hands?
I didn't trust him one bit so sent him to the clinic as
I thought he might be turning so could use the help there

The one in the
forbidden woods standing over a bunch of dead bodies with blood on his hands?
I didn't trust him one bit so sent him to the clinic as
I thought he might be turning so could use the help there
Yeah good, send that fiend to Fake Iosefka, it's what he deserves.

Melchiah

The 3rd mandatory DLC boss was very hard as well, until I learned the parry timing, and beat her under two minutes. On NG+ the Threaded Cane hunter in the L
ecture Hall
was extremely hard for me. It took more tries to beat her than many of the bosses.

They're a pain in the ass even at higher levels. I barely managed to beat them at level 60 after several tries, but the Beast Hunter kicked my ass. After that I didn't want to go through the gauntlet again until I had levelled up.

The 3rd mandatory DLC boss was very hard as well, until I learned the parry timing, and beat her under two minutes. On NG+ the Threaded Cane hunter in the L
ecture Hall
was extremely hard for me. It took more tries to beat her than many of the bosses.

They're a pain in the ass even at higher levels. I barely managed to beat them at level 60 after several tries, but the Beast Hunter kicked my ass. After that I didn't want to go through the gauntlet again until I had levelled up.
That's why I don't touch that stuff till I'm almost done with the base game. I unlocked...the second to last boss and was like, "oh yeah got to finish first area of the dlc." Trounced the first area though. And with me I'm usually like 90+ before I beat the game. I do too many chalice dungeons.

GHG

The second half of the forbidden woods...

giphy.gif

Beat the boss first time though. First time I've beaten a boss first time in this game. I think I lucked out in the order I killed them :)

Old hunter bone doin' work.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Thanks. Any tips on what level to tackle the DLC? I know a lot of people have said it's pretty hard, so should I tackle most of the game and when it looks like I'm approaching the endgame come back to the DLC? I'm probably some hours away from being ready to do this anyway, so it's kinda moot right now.

Also, I love how active the community still is - both here, and in the game. A lot of my notes are being voted 'Fine' which is great, and with a Souls game I feel like discussing tactics and getting advice is part of the fun. So thanks to everyone who has offered advice! I'm really enjoying Bloodborne, and it has finally 'clicked' for me.
Difficulty-wise, the DLC is roughly endgame difficulty level or higher, but there are some great weapons in there that could serve you well if you got them earlier.

Recommended level is probably something like ~70+ for NG and ~100+ for NG+.

Of course, you can take it on earlier if you want the challenge. It's available about a third of the way into the game, and you can get a lot of the DLC weapons before the first boss.

You could always try it out whenever you want, then go back to the main game for a while whenever you hit a wall.

Matt Frost

That one as well, what an awesome DLC... I miss this game why did I have to 100 it so fast... where is Bloodborne 2, Sony?

ecture Hall

Maria? One of my favorites, a picture of her is my avatar on PS4.

Beat Vicar Amelia. I summoned the NPC ally Henriett, I think her name was, and we just wailed on her. Didn't really have a chance to attack either of us, and I just kept generally behind her or by a back leg charging up R2 spin attacks. Now it's on to the abandoned building to the right of her cathedral, I think.,

Beat Vicar Amelia. I summoned the NPC ally Henriett, I think her name was, and we just wailed on her. Didn't really have a chance to attack either of us, and I just kept generally behind her or by a back leg charging up R2 spin attacks. Now it's on to the abandoned building to the right of her cathedral, I think.,

You were supposed to go there first.

GHG

Uh, okay. Does it particularly matter?

No, not at all. You will find some stuff there that might have made the Amelia fight a bit easier, that's all.

As long as we are talking about the same place? Do you mean to the right immediately as you are coming out of the grand catherderal?

cj_iwakura

...there was an NPC ally for Amelia? Whoops.

Also, the Martyr is down. A nice visceral dropped his HP past half, and he never even buffed, just went into full Allant mode and got bodied.

No, not at all. You will find some stuff there that might have made the Amelia fight a bit easier, that's all.

As long as we are talking about the same place? Do you mean to the right immediately as you are coming out of the grand catherderal?

I mean to the right as you face the Grand Cathedral - I went a little way down the path and it looked like a wrecked building with a round courtyard out front and had some crows on the roof. No matter anyway; I'll go there tonight. Did a ton of grinding in Cathedral Ward and I think I'm a bit over-levelled. I'm in the early 50s now.

cj_iwakura

I mean to the right as you face the Grand Cathedral - I went a little way down the path and it looked like a wrecked building with a round courtyard out front and had some crows on the roof. No matter anyway; I'll go there tonight. Did a ton of grinding in Cathedral Ward and I think I'm a bit over-levelled. I'm in the early 50s now.
I did Amelia first too. Be careful, there's
a damn tough hunter there.

GHG

Clear out the other side first. so go to the path that is to the left as you face the catherderal once you are up most of the stairs. You will thank me later.

I did Amelia first too. Be careful, there's
a damn tough hunter there.

There are actually

GHG

Just arrived in
Cainhurst Castle
. Got absolutely wrecked within 20 steps of the lantern. Yeh... I think I'll go back there later.

Do I miss the Yharnam Headstone?

raw

Just when you think you're getting good at this game and think you've seen it all they go and take it to a whole different level. It's like, nope, you're still shit. Git gud scrub.

cj_iwakura

Just arrived in
Cainhurst Castle
. Got absolutely wrecked within 20 steps of the lantern. Yeh... I think I'll go back there later.

Do I miss the Yharnam Headstone?

raw

Just when you think you're getting good at this game and think you've seen it all they go and take it to a whole different level. It's like, nope, you're still shit. Git gud scrub.
It's an endgame area. You can run through the courtyard and the rest is way easier.

I have a question here. I defeated Vicar Amelia, which enabled the Cathedral Ward checkpoint lamp.

I'm now exploring the Hermwick Charnel Lane area and turned on the lamp there, but for some reason every time I die, it takes me back to the Cathedral Ward.

What am I missing here?

cj_iwakura

I have a question here. I defeated Vicar Amelia, which enabled the Cathedral Ward checkpoint lamp.

I'm now exploring the Hermwick Charnel Lane area and turned on the lamp there, but for some reason every time I die, it takes me back to the Cathedral Ward.

What am I missing here?
Did you warp back yet?

GHG

What am I missing here?

Next time you die warp to the hunters dream then directly to Charnel Lane from there.

It's an endgame area. You can run through the courtyard and the rest is way easier.

Yeh that's the impression I got from being there. I'm going back when I'm a higher level.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
When I throw Patches with a rock down from the wall in Nightmare Fronline, can I still finish his quest? He wont disappear in the Lecture Building? I need to throw at him to get the item right?

And regarding my Issue with the refilling Items... After rebooting the game it worked again.

When I throw Patches with a rock down from the wall in Nightmare Fronline, can I still finish his quest? He wont disappear in the Lecture Building? I need to throw at him to get the item right?

And regarding my Issue with the refilling Items... After rebooting the game it worked again.

I think he appears regardless but I am not sure, you have forgive him and be his friend to get the rune

psyfi

Banned
I finally got a PS4 last night, and this is the first game I got. GOOD LORD. I got into Dark Souls a few months ago and loved it, and this game is just as amazing so far. I was kind of worried I'd be tired of the formula since I played DS so recently, but nope, it's so fun. Just beat Father Gasciowhatever. :)

I chose the cain as my starting weapon and flipped out when I first snapped it into whip mode. I had no idea the weapons could do that in this game.

I finally got a PS4 last night, and this is the first game I got. GOOD LORD. I got into Dark Souls a few months ago and loved it, and this game is just as amazing so far. I was kind of worried I'd be tired of the formula since I played DS so recently, but nope, it's so fun. Just beat Father Gasciowhatever. :)

I chose the cain as my starting weapon and flipped out when I first snapped it into whip mode. I had no idea the weapons could do that in this game.
You picked secret best starting weapon. Once you begin utilizing the attacks clipping through walls to your advantage it'll get better.

I did originally but missed the fact that I had to take a look at the 2nd tombstone in Hunter's Dream to warp back (I warped back to the Cathedral instead -_-).

Just beat the Witch boss. All is good.

I've just done exactly the same thing and was going to ask here too - had no idea I had to warp from a second headstone in Hunter's Dream!

I also just beat the Witch. Good boss, but didn't prove too troublesome.

Edit - also, the level design in the game is utterly outstanding. I think it might be my favourite Miyazaki game yet, in terms of layout and level design (I've played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and this).

cj_iwakura

I've just done exactly the same thing and was going to ask here too - had no idea I had to warp from a second headstone in Hunter's Dream!

I also just beat the Witch. Good boss, but didn't prove too troublesome.

Edit - also, the level design in the game is utterly outstanding. I think it might be my favourite Miyazaki game yet, in terms of layout and level design (I've played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and this).
It has some GREAT areas, but others fall too short IMO. I also miss blacksmiths and such. When it shines, though, it glows.

jviggy43

Recently ran through a second character, went with a bloodtinge build and skill. Originally I figured I'd use the chickage for my primary but Simons bow blade <3<3<3

Recently ran through a second character, went with a bloodtinge build and skill. Originally I figured I'd use the chickage for my primary but Simons bow blade <3<3<3
I would use both of those actually. You just can't appreciate enough how good the damage is on a +10 Chikage till you use it.

cj_iwakura

Longarius is a pain in my ass.

I managed to get lucky. If you do MASSIVE damage to him, i.e. nailing a Visceral and drop him to half life, he might not buff and be much easier.

Also, keep close in his early phase and roll to the left, his skull always comes from the right.

Nev

Banned
It has some GREAT areas, but others fall too short IMO. I also miss blacksmiths and such. When it shines, though, it glows.

Which ones may I ask? Mine would be Byrgenwerth and Cainhurst.

Byrgenwerth is cool but it's way too short for a place so important in the lore. I don't understand why the Lecture Building wasn't part of it tbh, it looks like it originally was but got scrapped.

Cainhurst is just dissapointing. I read all these good opinions from this area, I get there and it looks stunning. A huge castle in a snowy environment, it's gotta be awesome right? I'm expecting environmental puzzles, intrincate design, platforming and cool enemies a la Sen Fortress. Instead I get pushover ghost ladies, two "jumps" and big empty rooms.

I don't understand how people say it's one of the best levels of the game when the only thing it's got going for it is the looks.

Yahargul and Fishing Hamlet are great but they look fugly compared to the rest, it hampers my enjoyment of them a little.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Its visually one of the best place. And the spider-vampires are great and gruesome
Enemles. The rest of the level is super disappointing. Expected a real castle with traps and small rooms and not three big halls and shitty ghosts.

Veelk

Banned
That is one ugly logo.

While I'd immediately jump on playing Bloodborne 2, I don't know how much I want to play Bloocll&#1499;orne

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Just seen this on my twitter feed.....that looks too good to be fake with that logo....right?!

C2zzgGSXEAA6if0.jpg
It would really help if you actually said who the source was. "Random person on twitter"? Official Sony account? There's a huge difference.

C'mon son. You should know better than re-sharing shit without thinking and contributing to spreading baseless rumours.

Cool. I'm so excited to play Bloodborne 11. I thought the series got a little stale with Bloodborne 7, 8, and 9, but Bloodborne 10 has me really hopeful for this one.

Nev

Banned
Looks fake asf. 12/12/18 release date and they announce it in january 2017? Sure.

Don't you play with us like that, I almost half believed it for a second.

Top Bottom