• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
why avoid kneeling earlier?
Not positive,
the guide I glanced at kinda made it sound like getting her badge might disrupt Alfred's quest.
If that would've worked, that's fine, I'll manage it the other way. Just so long as I'm not eliminating the possibility.

Really heart-warming moment caught on film here. Thought I'd share with you guys.

CENwIlKUUAAoi8X.jpg

zma1013

Cainhurst/questing question:

If I want to get all the weapons in one playthrough, it seems like I should just take the summons to Alfred, let him kill the queen, get his stuff from him and his dead body, then revive the queen and only then kneel to her and get the Vileblood thing. Is that right?

Kneel before or after giving him the summons, makes no difference. He doesn't identify you any differently. I joined her covenant and still gave him the summons, he still killed her, and I got the stuff from him and his dead body after. I never even revived the queen.

Toxi

Banned
Really heart-warming moment caught on film here. Thought I'd share with you guys.

CENwIlKUUAAoi8X.jpg
There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven.
When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.
Ooh, ooh, and she's buying a stairway to heaven.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So, guys, I can't keep up with this thread so I do beg your pardon for asking something likely asked a zillion times already.

If you had to choose one, would you go with a Ludwig's Holy Blade +6 or a Tonitrus +6? I really enjoy both, but that durability on the Tonitrus is a REAL bitch. Ludwig's is ace as hell, but pretty slow and I don't care for the 1-handed variant. They're both fine weapons but if you have a preference I'd like to hear it.

Also, the blood chunks to upgrade weapons past +6, wtf? I'm trying to beat
Rom
currently and so I'm fairly far and have only found one single, solitary, lonely little chunk! I grind a ton, too. I'm almost level 77!

Grexeno

Rom
currently and so I'm fairly far and have only found one single, solitary, lonely little chunk! I grind a ton, too. I'm almost level 77!
Blood Chunks literally start appearing after Rom. Also, you really shouldn't need either a +7 or up weapon or to be so over leveled to bet Rom.

Fuck. I just
killed the big brain thing
in NG+ not realizing you get the 3rd moon rune from it. Is there anyway to get it without having to go there in NG++?

Edit: Praise the moon for PS+ save!!!! I was able to revert to before I did the previous statement. :DDDDD

squidyj

so...... FRC dungeons...... I died 5 times to a maneater boar until I learned to just hug his rear flank.

now i'm stuck at a room with one of those fireball throwers, a dozen spiders, and a sage. I can't rush the fireball person or else the spiders or the sage will get me, and I can't go after the spiders because fireballs. fantastic.

spliced

Arg I hate the stupid bloodstain in this game. Lost more echoes because I couldn't see it. Did Lost Izalith teach them nothing.

Bring back the green!

On the bright side I'm liking Yahar'gul more the second time through. This place reminds me so much of Blighttown, a major pain the first time through but once you know what's up it becomes way more easy going.

zma1013

Fuck. I just
killed the big brain thing
in NG+ not realizing you get the 3rd moon rune from it. Is there anyway to get it without having to go there in NG++?

Edit: Praise the moon for PS+ save!!!! I was able to revert to before I did the previous statement. :DDDDD

Doesnt matter if it's dead or not, u can still do the thing where he was and get it.

myco666

For my music class. A lot of my classmates chose their own songs so I wanted to do something from Bloodborne since I enjoy the track. The presentation has to be 8-10 minutes so I'll be discussing the tone, melody, instruments and all of that jazz. So I was wondering what would be good to show to other people. It's a college class so it shouldn't be so bad.

I might go first hunter since it's so beautiful. But I wanted to play the One Reborn. I love that track.

I would go with Hunter's Dream or Lullaby for Mergo. The First Hunter track is really good also.

zma1013

was there a suggested level cap at around 100 or so where i should stop levelling up to keep coop and invasions going?

I think that's the suggested pvp range but I still find regular coop and invasions in NG+ even at lvl 150. I'd imagine it's more active the closer you are to a 100 or 120 though simply because of Souls players habits tell them to stop there. I only lvled up to 150 to help do the chalice dungeons to get the platinum though or I would have stopped at 120.

I think that's the suggested pvp range but I still find regular coop and invasions in NG+ even at lvl 150. I'd imagine it's more active the closer you are to a 100 or 120 though simply because of Souls players habits tell them to stop there. I only lvled up to 150 to help do the chalice dungeons to get the platinum though or I would have stopped at 120.

Gotcha, thanks!

Currently speedrunning through NG+ to find all the bosses i missed out on my normal run. Want to be as powerful as possible but still be able to get coop buddies to help clear out mandatory bosses on the way faster :D

zma1013

Gotcha, thanks!

Currently speedrunning through NG+ to find all the bosses i missed out on my normal run. Want to be as powerful as possible but still be able to get coop buddies to help clear out mandatory bosses on the way faster :D

You'll still have trouble finding people for Rom though, although i think that's just because people don't like that fight.

danthefan

So, guys, I can't keep up with this thread so I do beg your pardon for asking something likely asked a zillion times already.

If you had to choose one, would you go with a Ludwig's Holy Blade +6 or a Tonitrus +6? I really enjoy both, but that durability on the Tonitrus is a REAL bitch. Ludwig's is ace as hell, but pretty slow and I don't care for the 1-handed variant. They're both fine weapons but if you have a preference I'd like to hear it.

Rom

If you grind a ton then just grind out the mats for both weapons, snatchers drop them from time to time.

If you're just going for one I'd say Ludwig.

Korosenai

After toying around with a build calculator, I decided i'm going to stop at level 140. This will allow me to play with anyone from level 120-150, and since it looks like 120 may be the pvp meta level, this works out great.

bosseye

I finished. First 'Souls' game I've ever finished, and then I went straight into NG+, love it.

I got a 'bad' ending I think:
I only consumed 2 umbilicals, chose not to die at the tree and then once Gehrman was dead, the Moon presence came down and embraced me, I became the Gerhman's replacement in the wheelchair and the hunt started again

I quite liked that ending actually. A pleasing circularity to it. Off to the lore thread now to get some more thoughts.

I sort of blitzed the last few bosses in a couple of hours session, ran around clearing up all the little loose ends I was able to clear - had to summon for a few in the end, I just couldn't do them:

Mergot's Wetnurse - solo
Martyr Logarius - summon
Amygdala - solo
Ebrietas - summon
Gehrman - summon

Holy shit at the
Gehrman
fight though, I died maybe 30 times there, used all my vials. I could have banged my head against that fight for the next year and never done it. I applaud any of you who did it solo (lots of you I know), to me it was almost impossible. The camera would just go utterly mental at times. I had to summon 5 times too before finding someone who could assist, my summons kept dying first.

Pleased I've finished it. I'm going to have to look at a guide though, I want to try and get the stuff I missed (didn't do Eileen's quest first time for example). Reached the Cleric Beast in about 15 minutes, hilarious to me as it took me maybe 3 hours to creep my way there first time around. Problem is his HP is a bit massive now, so I going to have to fight him a bit more clever than I did last time when I got a bit lucky.

bosseye

Oh, one more thing to do in NG+.....learn to parry with the guns and do visceral attacks. I never used them on the first run through, maybe once at the start, found I couldn't get the timing reliably down and then never used my gun again. I only tried the cannon a couple of times too. So yeah, never really got into firearms.

NG+ though, I've been practising on the low level grunts by the bonfire. I'm getting better. I also ought to try out some other weapons. I relied 99% on the hunter axe in two handed form in my first playthrough. A bit of Tonitrus here and there, but always came back to old reliable.

I've also got most of the Chalice Dungeon stuff to do, only dabbled in those.

Oh, one more thing to do in NG+.....learn to parry with the guns and do visceral attacks. I never used them on the first run through, maybe once at the start, found I couldn't get the timing reliably down and then never used my gun again.
You finished the whole game without this? O_O
Whoa... So your NG was basically NG++++ for you. Meta. :D

Feindflug

ENB obliterating Ebrietas in under 1 minute: https://youtu.be/ZuemaXBiEUk?t=169

wtf? :O

I was under the impression that you couldn't buff Reiterpallasch due to the blood attack/weapon transformation...I already have it at +7 but I guess I'll have to upgrade this badass needle more. The more I play and see from the game the more it justifies my belief that the weapon selection in this game is amazing and greatly underrated by a lot of people who criticize the supposedly lack of weapon variety.

Also yesterday I killed
Defiled Watchdog
and it's definitely one of my favorite boss fights in the game, such a fun fight. Today it's
Defiled Amygdala's
turn to meet it's maker. :p

You'll still have trouble finding people for Rom though, although i think that's just because people don't like that fight.

will see :D i didn't have any trouble with Rom on normal game, got him on the second try.

Bloodstarved Beast was MUCH harder on NG+ though for me, goddamn oneshotting attacks, so will see...

Majmun

The amount of exclusive Chalice Dungeon enemies is mindblowing.

Wouldn't surprise me if the next DLC's will use enemies from the Chalice Dungeon. There are some amazing enemies to be found there.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I did that as well for my first playthrough... went full 2hand mode first with the Kirkhammer and later with Ludwig's. I did it mostly because tradition, I'm a fan of two handers in the souls series.

Now I'm doing a skill/tinge run and ofc I'm parrying the fuck outta everything, but there's a certain... purity in the dodge/hit dance.

Artex

Banned
Any good tips for Abhorrent Beast in Ailing Loran? Can't figure out how to get near him without taking damage. Please don't suggest this bone ash + cheese shooting method. I don't have the bloodtinge for that to work anyways.

Any good tips for Abhorrent Beast in Ailing Loran? Can't figure out how to get near him without taking damage. Please don't suggest this bone ash + cheese shooting method. I don't have the bloodtinge for that to work anyways.

Other way of cheesing:
Poison darts

Otherwise:
You have to figure out when to evade forward through his first attack, his follow up attacks miss you most of the time then. If you are successful you have enough time for one or two fast attacks before retreating. Rinse and repeat.

All of my trophy screenshots show the gesture menu, lol.

How dark are everyone's settings? Mine are on the lowest as per the set up screen, but when I see footage online it's all much brighter, which would make for an easier game imo.

Thinking of bumping mine up, Old Yarnham is incredibly dark in some places and I have to use the lantern+torch.

Grexeno

All of my trophy screenshots show the gesture menu, lol.

How dark are everyone's settings? Mine are on the lowest as per the set up screen, but when I see footage online it's all much brighter, which would make for an easier game imo.

Thinking of bumping mine up, Old Yarnham is incredibly dark in some places and I have to use the lantern+torch.
I love how when you're setting up the game, it tries to trick you into using brightness settings that are obviously wayyyy too dark.

bosseye

Ha, I found it easier to not parry and visceral. I was so bad at it, I just never figured out the timing at all, almost every single time I tried I would miss the timing and get dead so I just found it easier to stick to the axe. I used my gun to lure enemies most of the time, rather than pebbles.

The two handed axe has such massive range it made certain enemies/encounters so much easier for me than trying to get up close and parry. Time the R2 swing right and you can knock most enemies on their arse before they even get close.

But I'm trying to learn to parry in NG+.

Mogwai

Aaand platinum done! (My first and only platinum trophy I will ever get, probably)

114hrs in total. No save scumming and plenty of coop sessions. I think I'm done with this game for now.

And so the wait for DLC begins...

Greddleok

I'm one trophy away from the platinum. I just need that damn final hunter's tool. It's somewhere in that godforsaken poison swamp.

I'm seeing many people getting their first Platinum on Bloodborne (myself included soon).
Bloodborne confirmed casul. :D

myco666

I never figured out how to get this item up on this ledge

Where is that accessed from?

After you kill BSB door should open in Cathedral Ward. That leads to
Healing Church Workshop
and you go to bottom of it via dropping on those wooden beams. Then just go through that area and you should come across to elevator which takes you to that ledge. This is the intended route to open up the path to VA and the Cathedral Courtyard.

After you kill BSB door should open in Cathedral Ward. That leads to
Healing Church Workshop
and you go to bottom of it via dropping on those wooden beams. Then just go through that area and you should come across to elevator which takes you to that ledge. This is the intended route to open up the path to VA and the Cathedral Courtyard.

I never explored that area how rad.
I am doing Eileens quest for the first time. So bad ass

So I killed
Micolash and Wet Nurse
last night and started the
Gehrman
fight.

He's one tough fight.

Think I'm going to go finish Eileen quest and UCW before I kill him.

So I killed
Micolash and Wet Nurse
last night and started the
Gehrman
fight.

He's one tough fight.

Think I'm going to go finish Eileen quest and UCW before I kill him.

Good idea

You also get to
Abandoned Workshop
from there. It is little tricky to drop down to it though but you should definitely check it.

I'm going through my second playthrough to focus specifically on the lore and its blowing my mind.

v1n1c1uS

Neo Member
Beat the game yesterday, certanily the best game that I played from this gen.

I played all "souls" games, but only finished Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne.

Some day, I'll go back to Demons and Dark Souls...

CBTech

Done. Did all three endings last night and got the Platinum. Great game. Not sure what I want to do next. Might go and play Demon Souls since I haven't played it yet.

Top Bottom