• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I never figured out how to get this item up on this ledge

Where is that accessed from?

It's at the bottom of the
Healing church, go right to the bottom past the abandoned workshop, fight a beast at the bottom then explore that little bit down there, there's a lift there which you take up to that item.

SxP

Defeated T
he
O
ne
R
eborn
on my first try. Demon's Souls trained me well. Killed the bell maidens first and then just abused plunging attacks for a simple win.

I've finished all of the Souls games but Bloodborne is the first I got a platinum in. I just couldn't tear away from it, the game just consumed my mind since the day it released. Now I think about playing other games and they all just seem so lacking...

Mogwai

I've finished all of the Souls games but Bloodborne is the first I got a platinum in. I just couldn't tear away from it, the game just consumed my mind since the day it released. Now I think about playing other games and they all just seem so lacking...

Bloodborne is my only platinum trophy as well. I've spent countless hours in Dark Souls1/2 and Demon's, but the weapon trophies have kept me from obtaining the platinums. Just too comprehensive to collect all that shit. In Bloodborne you get thrown all the weapons at you, and there's not a whole lot.

Excellent thanks guys. I never did that my first playthrough.
Also on NG+ I don't see the one I got from
Mergo's wet nurse
in my inventory. Is it gone when I start the game again?

HildyB

So I'm stuck on last boss of the game, but hesitant to follow through to NG+.

Does NG+ have a similar incentive like DS2 did (new weapons/armor)?

Artex

Banned
I finished. First 'Souls' game I've ever finished, and then I went straight into NG+, love it.

I got a 'bad' ending I think:
I only consumed 2 umbilicals, chose not to die at the tree and then once Gehrman was dead, the Moon presence came down and embraced me, I became the Gerhman's replacement in the wheelchair and the hunt started again

I quite liked that ending actually. A pleasing circularity to it. Off to the lore thread now to get some more thoughts.

I sort of blitzed the last few bosses in a couple of hours session, ran around clearing up all the little loose ends I was able to clear - had to summon for a few in the end, I just couldn't do them:

Mergot's Wetnurse - solo
Martyr Logarius - summon
Amygdala - solo
Ebrietas - summon
Gehrman - summon

Holy shit at the
Gehrman
fight though, I died maybe 30 times there, used all my vials. I could have banged my head against that fight for the next year and never done it. I applaud any of you who did it solo (lots of you I know), to me it was almost impossible. The camera would just go utterly mental at times. I had to summon 5 times too before finding someone who could assist, my summons kept dying first.

Pleased I've finished it. I'm going to have to look at a guide though, I want to try and get the stuff I missed (didn't do Eileen's quest first time for example). Reached the Cleric Beast in about 15 minutes, hilarious to me as it took me maybe 3 hours to creep my way there first time around. Problem is his HP is a bit massive now, so I going to have to fight him a bit more clever than I did last time when I got a bit lucky.

Here's how I beat him. I had some luck stun locking him a little longer if I had him against a wall, so I baited him to the area. I had trouble with him for awhile too though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN3giTD3zFY

zma1013

So I'm stuck on last boss of the game, but hesitant to follow through to NG+.

Does NG+ have a similar incentive like DS2 did (new weapons/armor)?

Depending on your ending, you'll get a new skill weapon immediately. Other than that, everything is the same but harder.

zma1013

How many people does it take to beat Micolash? Apparently more than 3 cuz my 2 summons died on his first form and then i died on his final from instant death arcane spell. He's so easy i don't understand why this is happening.

myco666

I'd advise attacking him, he's clearly too suspicious to leave unchecked.

First time going through that area I
did a charge attack to his back and visceral right after since I thought he was an enemy. Him turning into a big beast wasn't really what I expected to happen lol.

How many people does it take to beat Micolash? Apparently more than 3 cuz my 2 summons died on his first form and then i died on his final from instant death arcane spell. He's so easy i don't understand why this is happening.

He is easy sure but the Call Beyond does insane damage and will instantly kill you easily. The first phase is easy though and don't really know how you would die in it unless you are really low on health.

Cess007

Well, i finally finished the game. It took a month and a week, but i finally beat it. I don't know how to feel, for once, i don't know what to do now, Bloodborne consumed the last month of my life; in the other hand, i'm finally free lol

I still don't know wtf was that ending about, but i still loved the last battle
specially Gherman, it reminded me of False King battle in DeS
. I would love to go back and give a chance to the Chalice Dungeons, but i feel i need to take a break for the game.

Anyway, it is really a special game, and by far, the best thing i've played in years. Amazing work From Software.

The last chunk of the game is a bitch. I don't remember either DeS or DaS having such a steep jump in difficulty towards the end, unless you area talking about Tomb of Giants, which wasn't that difficult once you realize what to do. Bloodborne in the other hand has a significant spike in difficulty.

will do, on those 5 statues i can lit different chalices?

The altars are there so you can have multiple dungeons open. You can place any chalice on any altar, except the very first one (far left), which requires a Root Chalice. The Root Chalice is for going into other players' dungeons, so don't worry about that one.

joecanada

crap this is pissing me off , the reddit guide says once you make a chalice you can use glyphs to go to any of those types without consuming materials, but what if I removed the chalices? after I finished them? Should I have left them in?

Also whats a good way to get certain materials, like I have no chalices open and I have finished 3 or 4 but I have no materials to start a new one... the stuff you buy only opens crappy starting ones i think.... it doesn' add to my supply of materials to open like a sinister hintertomb or anything?

The chalices are fairly annoying, I do love running them but the crap you go through just to open one is weird, like do I have to do them all in a row or something? I did all the hintertombs but don't have enough mats for sinister hintertomb, can't open Isz, can't open a lower pthumera, the only one I have open is a random lower loran that I got from the root invite... which by the way is a godsend... I've already been farming gems in lower loran but the boss
abhorrent beast
is a pissoff... got invited to a cursed lower pthumerian prior and ... nope.

Pusherman

I fucking hate Bloodborne. It honestly feels like my dozens of hours with this game have been ruined by the goddamned defiled chalice. Jesus Christ... it even took all the joy out of finishing the main game. After countless tries I've finally beaten w
atchdog
but now I have to throw myself against another boss with one-hit kill attacks and a ton of health... I mean, A
mygdala
isn't even as hard as w
atchdog
but I'm just sick of having to redo an overlong fight just because this bitch jumped on me with only a fifth of health left. That's just an exercise in frustration. I hate that this means I don't even get to fight all the bosses. I've have never been this frustrated playing a game in my entire life. Good job Bloodborne, you've beaten me. I hope you feel good about yourself... you fucking dick.

taybul

crap this is pissing me off , the reddit guide says once you make a chalice you can use glyphs to go to any of those types without consuming materials, but what if I removed the chalices? after I finished them? Should I have left them in?

Also whats a good way to get certain materials, like I have no chalices open and I have finished 3 or 4 but I have no materials to start a new one... the stuff you buy only opens crappy starting ones i think.... it doesn' add to my supply of materials to open like a sinister hintertomb or anything?

Even if you remove the chalice you could do a dungeon search for the same non-root chalice and get access to it for free. Not sure how it's handled offline. There's a bit of a hidden progression with the chalices since you get mats for the next level of chalice from other chalices. I remember having to go all the way up through the Isz chalices before I had enough mats to do the final Pthumeru chalice.

The last chunk of the game is a bitch. I don't remember either DeS or DaS having such a steep jump in difficulty towards the end, unless you area talking about Tomb of Giants, which wasn't that difficult once you realize what to do. Bloodborne in the other hand has a significant spike in difficulty.

Yeah at this point it expects you to have a firm grasp of the mechanics and also wants to throw you off pretty significantly.

I fucking hate Bloodborne. It honestly feels like my dozens of hours with this game have been ruined by the goddamned defiled chalice. Jesus Christ... it even took all the joy out of finishing the main game. After countless tries I've finally beaten w
atchdog
but now I have to throw myself against another boss with one-hit kill attacks and a ton of health... I mean, A
mygdala
isn't even as hard as w
atchdog
but I'm just sick of having to redo an overlong fight just because this bitch jumped on me with only a fifth of health left. That's just an exercise in frustration. I hate that this means I don't even get to fight all the bosses. I've have never been this frustrated playing a game in my entire life. Good job Bloodborne, you've beaten me. I hope you feel good about yourself... you fucking dick.

The Defiled Chalice is basically the gravity chamber Goku and Vegetta use.
latest

Its hard as hell and demands excruciating discipline and commitment but once done the main quest is easy train.

Also use this strat for Amy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hf_WwkLgZo

joecanada

I did that as well for my first playthrough... went full 2hand mode first with the Kirkhammer and later with Ludwig's. I did it mostly because tradition, I'm a fan of two handers in the souls series.

Now I'm doing a skill/tinge run and ofc I'm parrying the fuck outta everything, but there's a certain... purity in the dodge/hit dance.

ya I two hand blade of mercy and let me tell you I don't give any mercy at all. no gun necessary...

joecanada

Even if you remove the chalice you could do a dungeon search for the same non-root chalice and get access to it for free. Not sure how it's handled offline. There's a bit of a hidden progression with the chalices since you get mats for the next level of chalice from other chalices. I remember having to go all the way up through the Isz chalices before I had enough mats to do the final Pthumeru chalice.

ah thanks I will try to glyph search tonight then, need some more mats for pthumera... stuck on central pthumera with no mats. after lower loran it should take me about 10 minutes lol.

So, I did Ebrietas yesterday, took me about 10 tries but in the end I took her down. Best fight in the game next to Lorgarius until noch. No Bullshit, just git gud or die tryin'.

Pusherman

Yeah at this point it expects you to have a firm grasp of the mechanics and also wants to throw you off pretty significantly.

The Defiled Chalice is basically the gravity chamber Goku and Vegetta use.
latest

Its hard as hell and demands excruciating discipline and commitment but once done the main quest is easy train.

Also use this strat for Amy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hf_WwkLgZo

Yeah but I've already beaten the main quest. The two final bosses are easy as shit compared to the defiled chalice. The defiled chalice combines the two things I hate in action games: bosses with a ton of health and one-hit kills. Also, my blades of mercy make the Amy fight even harder because I so easily miss. It's not like the fight is even all that hard, it's just that because the fight is over 2 minutes the chances of me fucking up are pretty big which means having to redo the entire fight. It's pure frustration. Maybe I'll try again next week or something but I'm just so sick of this shit right now.

Top Bottom