• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Adaren

I had vitality at 50 so there wasn't really any chance of even dying in that fight and MP was even easier. Only way to balance it would have been locking later dungeons to NG+ and beyond but that would be really bad.

Not having Vitality be ridiculously valuable compared to the other stats could also have worked.

danthefan

So, the Nightmare Frontier. I've just beaten SoY, is it worth doing now? Had one quick go at it, got poisoned and lost 25k echoes. I could never get a bearing on where I was out where I was going.

Also what sort of level would I need to be to get through Unseen Village?

Toxi

Banned
So, the Nightmare Frontier. I've just beaten SoY, is it worth doing now? Had one quick go at it, got poisoned and lost 25k echoes. I could never get a bearing on where I was out where I was going.

Also what sort of level would I need to be to get through Unseen Village?
For Nightmare Frontier, it's doable, but you're going to want to bring lots of preparation against poison and frenzy. Blue elixers really help against the boulder-tossing giants.

For Unseen Village, if you mean the non-Hypogean Gaol part, I'd say at least 50.

nikos

Just turned the game on after not playing for a while, and I'm sort of lost.

I've killed The
One Reborn
and Am
ygdala
. I have lanterns for
The Lecture Building, Lecture Building 2nd Floor, Nightmare Frontier and Amygdala's Chamber.
I'm pretty sure I need to get to
Nightmare of Mensis
but I'm not sure how to get there.

Checked a guide, and this is what it says to do after killing Am
ygdala:

We’re headed for the Nightmare of Mensis now, but we don’t need to go back to the Lecture Building and take the other door; just continue on from the Amygdala boss battle, down the path. You’ll encounter a Werebeast but be warned; in this zone, when Werebeasts die, they spawn a couple of Snakes.

I'm not sure which path they're talking about. Any ideas on what to do next? Thanks!

myco666

Just turned the game on after not playing for a while, and I'm sort of lost.

I've killed The
One Reborn
and Am
ygdala
. I have lanterns for
The Lecture Building, Lecture Building 2nd Floor, Nightmare Frontier and Amygdala's Chamber.
I'm pretty sure I need to get to
Nightmare of Mensis
but I'm not sure how to get there.

Checked a guide, and this is what it says to do after killing Am
ygdala:

We’re headed for the Nightmare of Mensis now, but we don’t need to go back to the Lecture Building and take the other door; just continue on from the Amygdala boss battle, down the path. You’ll encounter a Werebeast but be warned; in this zone, when Werebeasts die, they spawn a couple of Snakes.

I'm not sure which path they're talking about. Any ideas on what to do next? Thanks!

Go to
Lecture Building 2nd Floor
lamp. Go outside of the room. Turn left and run to the other end. There should be a door that warps you to next area. It has one of the giants from Cathedral Ward close to it.

nikos

Go to
Lecture Building 2nd Floor
lamp. Go outside of the room. Turn left and run to the other end. There should be a door that warps you to next area. It has one of the giants from Cathedral Ward close to it.

Great, thank you!

Trakan

Well the problem is the low damage output and being tempted to faster the progress by attacking other parts.

I see what you're saying. I beat it on my first playthrough using Ludwig's, and I used overhead swings to hit the arms while I stayed near the legs.

Grexeno

Alright, I'm assuming that I can't do anything with this elevator in Hypogean Gaol yet, despite the myriad of messages there warning death and despair.

Menome

The end game run has started here for me: Just beat TOR wearing the Noble Dress and Knight's Hat as armour, still only on 15 VIT and plan to stay that way for the rest of the game.

Poor
Gehrman
never stood a chance!

It's kind of a weird issue with the game, I'm not sure how they could have balanced it better. It's one of those things you run into with a ton of optional content, I suppose.
I've thought about this too. The difficulty isn't balanced all that well because people will show up to a given boss with wildly different levels. One possible change would be to just give some kind of level-up item each time you beat a main-progression boss that lets you level up once. So your level is always (starting level) + (# of main story bosses you've beaten). Or the item lets you level up some fixed number of times, so that they don't have to make each level a huge boost.

This would balance the game better, but at the expense of taking away some of the player's freedom to play how they want. I think I'd prefer it but I'm sure many others would hate it.

Gurrry

I beat the
3 watchers
and then finally found
rom
. I only got like 1/5 of his bar down before I died.. but I have a feeling this one is gonna be my next biggest roadblock like BSB was.

Im also getting crushed by the
the lightning boss (darkseer? cant remember the name)
. I know how to beat him, but he is definitely difficult

sam777

I just defeated
The One Reborn
. Is it best to get the Cainhurst summons next or do it later and continue with the mainline quest?

Thanks.

danthefan

I beat the
3 watchers
and then finally found
rom
. I only got like 1/5 of his bar down before I died.. but I have a feeling this one is gonna be my next biggest roadblock like BSB was.

Im also getting crushed by the
the lightning boss (darkseer? cant remember the name)
. I know how to beat him, but he is definitely difficult

The second paragraph,
do you mean Darkbeast Paarl? Staying under him as much as possible seems to help. And Henryks armor has bolt resistance if you don't have it, buy with insight.

But I'm actually at a very similar point in the game to you so would be interested in the answers to your post.

benjammin

I spent 2 hours over the weekend trying to do exactly this and he got more head slams in 20 seconds than I did in any of my attempts. For me it was always swipe, swipe, charge. I consider his run very lucky.

You have to stay very close to her to bait the head slam

I have a question: If you were to present any soundtrack from Bloodborne, which would you show to a class? Do you think the first hunter track would have the widest appeal?

ryuken-d

You have to stay very close to her to bait the head slam

baiting the boss's is amazing but getting past the intense rush and fear of the fight is hardest for me. I go in ready then I get all caught up. The main game wasn't too bad but I'm stuck on a couple chalice boss's. I'm not giving up though!! also I'm too lvl'd for ng+ kind of a bummer.

Anyone ever unlock the door near Cathedral Ward passed where you get the monocular and the Giant lantern guys. You guy down this winding stone staircase to a room with just endless pots to break and then a narrow hall and then...

A locked door.

ryuken-d

Anyone ever unlock the door near Cathedral Ward passed where you get the monocular and the Giant lantern guys. You guy down this winding stone staircase to a room with just endless pots to break and then a narrow hall and then...

A locked door.

it was a let down. the door was confirmed as the same door next to the main bridge where the first boss was. someone threw a bunch of shining coins and the video showed him running the whole way (no edits) all the way to the other side of the door and you could see the shining coins through the door.

Finished the game. 50 hours and at level 80. I feel good about it. I defeated all except one of the optional bosses (not including all the chalice dungeon ones), and I think I saw at least most of everything. I got the "true" ending and I have to say I'm disappointed by it. I really enjoyed both of the boss fights, but I looked up all the endings and there were a few there that I enjoyed much more. Overall I think it's a brilliant game, even though my thoughts on the latter half of it remain underwhelming.

Trakan

A locked door.

It's a shortcut back to cleric beast that they took out for some reason.

Ahhhh man bummer. That thing has been on my mind since I first saw it.

Here's another one. You know in Hypogean Gaol before you fight the Old One you can sit in the altar that teleports you to a higher level and there is a rooftop along with an elevator you can't activate did you guys ever activate the elevator?

myco666

Ahhhh man bummer. That thing has been on my mind since I first saw it.

Here's another one. You know in Hypogean Gaol before you fight the Old One you can sit in the altar that teleports you to a higher level and there is a rooftop along with an elevator you can't activate did you guys ever activate the elevator?

That elevator is a shortcut to TOR from first lamp of Unseen Village. Atleast if I understood correctly what place you meant.

edit. Or atleast a part of shortcut. You should drop out from the elevator while going up or down to that roof then use the teleport so that you are next to the boss area.

Anyone have any thoughts?

For what purpose you are showing a track from the game?

It wasn't really taken out. You finding it closed is the reason you had to double back and find another way to the cathedral ward. The church sealed the door. Hard sealed, not "closed but there is a key or lever".

chunk3rvd

Lower Hintertomb - side room before the 1st boss. I can hear this mad chanting that sounds like a mixture of a woman laughing and crying but I can't find what's causing it. Am I missing something?

Cess007

A locked door.

it was a let down. the door was confirmed as the same door next to the main bridge where the first boss was. someone threw a bunch of shining coins and the video showed him running the whole way (no edits) all the way to the other side of the door and you could see the shining coins through the door.

Well, i finally got my answer as what it was that door for. I keep wondering until now. Shame that they took out that shortcut

Auctopus

Finished the game at about Level 85-90 on my first play through.

I've just got to the final boss at Level 66 on my second run, it's crazy how things come together once you know where to go and who you're up against.

I think an underrated factor for some of the Soulsborne difficulty is how the game is cautious to reveal a whole area to you, it relies on you losing your bearing and feeling lost to add a little tension/unnerve. I remember thinking
Nightmare of Mensis
was such a maze the first time because I was running from giant spiders, loran silver beasts and crazy frenzy but it's so coherent and clear, it's amazing.

rNilla

Finally, 77.5 hours later...

PuSwuSk.jpg

Minamu

Chalice boss: Is there a proper tactic for
Bloodletting Beast?
I beat him on my 5th attempt, had to learn to not bait that one shot kill dash. But my tactic was sinply to not lock on, and then dodge roll + R1 with the scythe at his ass until death xD Worked but pretty boring.

I also made the Ailing Loran afterwards, is that the right order? Defiled wanted items I don't have yet.

That elevator is a shortcut to TOR from first lamp of Unseen Village. Atleast if I understood correctly what place you meant.

edit. Or atleast a part of shortcut. You should drop out from the elevator while going up or down to that roof then use the teleport so that you are next to the boss area.

For what purpose you are showing a track from the game?

Ahh very cool thanks man

cormack12

Gold Member
Farking hell, those snatchers are tough. Will have to revisit Paarl another time. Started the Healing Church at the moment. Having a bastard of a time getting down those planks. Can't quite see where I have to go. Tried throwing a shiny coin down but nothing glowed.

blackflag

I think I've finally killed all of the optional bosses.

So do I need to do the chalice dungeons before I complete the game or will they stay open in NG+ and will they be harder in NG+?

I think I've finally killed all of the optional bosses.

So do I need to do the chalice dungeons before I complete the game or will they stay open in NG+ and will they be harder in NG+?

Chalice dungeons don't scale with NG+; they have their own difficulty. You can do them at any time, but I'd say the very first dungeon you can create is for Levels 30-40. If you do it right before you finish the final boss or at the start of NG+ it would be very easy and boring since you'll be one shotting everything. Later dungeons are quite difficult, though.

danthefan

Farking hell, those snatchers are tough. Will have to revisit Paarl another time. Started the Healing Church at the moment. Having a bastard of a time getting down those planks. Can't quite see where I have to go. Tried throwing a shiny coin down but nothing glowed.

That part drove me crazy, though it was the only part that felt kind of cheap.

But there is a way down, it's hard to explain but if you drop down to all the obvious platforms, you'll end up on quite a big one with some barrels (or just junk) on it. From there, there's another one that juts out below it, it's around the middle of that platform and unless you've taken the item it has a body with an item on it. Go right to the very end of that thin platform, point yourself ever so slightly to the right, and roll off and you'll land on another platform, from there there's a couple of other platforms you can jump/roll to easily.

On the snatchers - they hit hard but they're seriously slow and predictable. Bait them, hit them a few times, back off, repeat.

blackflag

Chalice dungeons don't scale with NG+; they have their own difficulty. You can do them at any time, but I'd say the very first dungeon you can create is for Levels 30-40. If you do it right before you finish the final boss or at the start of NG+ it would be very easy and boring since you'll be one shotting everything. Later dungeons are quite difficult, though.

Ok cool but I don't need to reopen them in NG+ then?

Jawmuncher

I'll probably get shit but whatever the bells so far are a terrible system.
Nothing better than maybe wanting some help before a boss and it pretty much being a crap shoot. What was wrong with seeing people offering their services?

Please tell me i'm missing something, or I might just be better off playing offline.

Top Bottom