• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
GOD this game and it's bullshit are pissing me off and it's not due to some fucking boss fight or hard section, but due to fucking stupid COOP system. ,

I want to help other hunters take on bosses, but for some goddamn fucking stupid reason I can't use it. I wanted to help somebody with the Shadow of Yharnam fight, because I liked that fight, but for some reason it won't let me ring the bell there. Who designed this confusing shit?

Also, I have wasted 10 fucking Insight trying to get help with the Rom fight. It's absolute crap that you have to lose insight even if nobody shows up to help.

For what purpose you are showing a track from the game?
For my music class. A lot of my classmates chose their own songs so I wanted to do something from Bloodborne since I enjoy the track. The presentation has to be 8-10 minutes so I'll be discussing the tone, melody, instruments and all of that jazz. So I was wondering what would be good to show to other people. It's a college class so it shouldn't be so bad.
That or the Cleric Beast.
I might go first hunter since it's so beautiful. But I wanted to play the One Reborn. I love that track.

benjammin

GOD this game and it's bullshit are pissing me off and it's not due to some fucking boss fight or hard section, but due to fucking stupid COOP system. ,

I want to help other hunters take on bosses, but for some goddamn fucking stupid reason I can't use it. I wanted to help somebody with the Shadow of Yharnam fight, because I liked that fight, but for some reason it won't let me ring the bell there. Who designed this confusing shit?

Also, I have wasted 10 fucking Insight trying to get help with the Rom fight. It's absolute crap that you have to lose insight even if nobody shows up to help.

Where are you trying to summon? I haven't had trouble finding someone since the last patch if I ring the bell right before the boss/fog gate

I'll probably get shit but whatever the bells so far are a terrible system.
Nothing better than maybe wanting some help before a boss and it pretty much being a crap shoot. What was wrong with seeing people offering their services?

Please tell me i'm missing something, or I might just be better off playing offline.

I actually like the bell system more tbh, never had an issue finding anyone so far even on NG+ at lvl 130+.

About 7 hours into the game now.

Are there any skill-based weapons around aside from this cane/whip combo?

I have defeated the first two bosses and the Bloodstarved Thingy, but I'm still fairly weak. I have upgraded the weapon to +3 as I haven't encountered any shards that let me fortify above that.

Also there was this big thing hanging from the ceiling in Old Yarnham but I set it on fire from above before actually being at ground level with it, I hope I haven't missed anything.

Can't manage to kill the Hunter with that gatling gun ;_;

Are you using the Small Resonant Bell? That's the one you should use if you want to be summoned. And I think the spot to ring the bell is outside the fog door, by the stairs leading down to it. Pretty sure you can't stand in the boss arena or right in front of the door for that boss. Maybe you're not in the right level range? I think Shadows are around 35-50 range for best chances of being summoned.

And I totally agree that losing Insight for failed summons is awful.

About 7 hours into the game now.

Are there any skill-based weapons around aside from this cane/whip combo?

I have defeated the first two bosses and the Bloodstarved Thingy, but I'm still fairly weak. I have upgraded the weapon to +3 as I haven't encountered any shards that let me fortify above that.

Also there was this big thing hanging from the ceiling in Old Yarnham but I set it on fire from above before actually being at ground level with it, I hope I haven't missed anything.

Can't manage to kill the Hunter with that gatling gun ;_;
There's one really good weapon you can get right now: Blades of Mercy which shreds most enemies once you upgrade it.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Where are you trying to summon? I haven't had trouble finding someone since the last patch if I ring the bell right before the boss/fog gate
I stood right by the boss gate of Rom and I get nobody to show up and help.

Also I ran the bell signifying that I was willing to help other players in their boss fights, but it won't let me ring it in the boss area.

Sigh.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Are you using the Small Resonant Bell? That's the one you should use if you want to be summoned. And I think the spot to ring the bell is outside the fog door, by the stairs leading down to it. Pretty sure you can't stand in the boss arena or right in front of the door for that boss. Maybe you're not in the right level range? I think Shadows are around 35-50 range for best chances of being summoned.

And I totally agree that losing Insight for failed summons is awful.
For the Rom fight I want to summon help because I can't do it on my own. Sick of the cheap ass tactics and one near one hit kills. I ring the bell, nobody comes and I waste my Insight

Since I had no luck with that, I figured I would try and help other people with their boss and get some of that wasted Insight back.

No luck. Either way.

Zocano

Also I ran the bell signifying that I was willing to help other players in their boss fights, but it won't let me ring it in the boss area.

You want to ring the bell before the arenas in the actual pre-boss area. There's no invasions/summons inside boss arenas.

edit: Also make sure your network is set to Worldwide with no code.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Also is there any upgrades clothes or armor set you can get? I am at Rom and have killed most optional bosses up to that point, yet I am still wearing the same clothes. The shop won't get in new clothes and haven't come across any NPCs that give better armor than the hunter outfit.

EDIT: Eileen doesn't appear outside the cathedral. I heard that quest was bugged.

I really want that weapon. D:
Is
finishing Eileen's quest the only way to get it?

Also, how much insight does one need to start hearing/seeing weird shit?

You need over 40 insight, AFAIK all you see is
an amygdala outside the cathedral ward before the nightmare starts
I don't know if there's anything else to see.

Also is there any upgrades clothes or armor set you can get? I am at Rom and have killed most optional bosses up to that point, yet I am still wearing the same clothes. The shop won't get in new clothes and haven't come across any NPCs that give better armor than the hunter outfit.

EDIT: Eileen doesn't appear outside the cathedral. I heard that quest was bugged.

There are a couple of attire sets lying around in the Forbidden Woods, one in Cathedral Ward near some NPC windows. And Father G's set is available at the insight merchant. Most of the attire have similar stats barring different resistances. The Hunter set has pretty good physical defenses and you can make it through most of the game wearing it. What level are you at now?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
There are a couple of attire sets lying around in the Forbidden Woods, one in Cathedral Ward near some NPC windows. And Father G's set is available at the insight merchant. Most of the attire have similar stats barring different resistances. The Hunter set has pretty good physical defenses and you can make it through most of the game wearing it. What level are you at now?
75 I think.

EL CUCO

U
ndead Giant
in Lower Chalice layer 2 can piss off. Took about 5 tries...that's 4 tries too many. even threw my shoe across the room on one of those deaths.

I was using fire paper at first, but it wasn't till I switched (more like ran out) to bolt paper that I didn't start making progress.

Korosenai

I'm currently rocking a semi-quality build. I have 50 strength and I'm going for 30 in skill. I'm definitely going to make two new characters for a Bloodtinge/Skill build and a pure arcane build.

zma1013

Does summoning a cooperator in the chalice dungeons work the same as story mode, using the bell mechanics?

It gets even more stupid in there. You gotta set your dungeon to open or private, give someone the glyph code for that specific dungeon, they have to enter and be around in the same area as you and then yes, you ring your bell, they ring theirs.

EL CUCO

It gets even more stupid in there. You gotta set your dungeon to open or private, give someone the glyph code for that specific dungeon, they have to enter and be around in the same area as you and then yes, you ring your bell, they ring theirs.
hOkLCR5.jpg

Miyazaki pls. It's 2015, last time I checked.

Late Flag

Building a new character after the platinum and wrecking Watchdog of the Old Lords in the first chalice dungeon, knowing that he's a shadowy version of what you would face later on, is so cool.

U
ndead Giant
in Lower Chalice layer 2 can piss off. Took about 5 tries...that's 4 tries too many. even threw my shoe across the room on one of those deaths.

I was using fire paper at first, but it wasn't till I switched (more like ran out) to bolt paper that I didn't start making progress.

Lower Chalice and frustrated?

You might kill somebody soon.

EL CUCO

Lower Chalice and frustrated?

You might kill somebody soon.
That was my frustration. I admit, I was playing a bit reckless 😊
Did I mention that they also have to have opened that same type of dungeon in their game at least once before they can join yours?

It's pretty much the antithesis of coop.
Totally agree. I would rate this game 10/10 if it wasn't for the MM nonsense.

Late Flag

The thing that's pissing me off at the moment is the need to farm materials for the chalices. Goddammit, I just want the bone ash set for my female character. I beat the first chalice. Stop making me track down Blood Ritual (2) to move on.

Again, I got the plat already. Give me a break here.

The thing that's pissing me off at the moment is the need to farm materials for the chalices. Goddammit, I just want the bone ash set for my female character. I beat the first chalice. Stop making me track down Blood Ritual (2) to move on.

You got the plat but never got the Bone Ash set? That's unusual...

zma1013

Check the insight store

75 I think.

That might be a bit too high for Rom. I fought her in the 50s; I think most people are around there.

The summoning range is (10 levels +/-10% of the host's current level)*. The lowest level you'd be able to summon is 57, so you might be able to find someone.

*this is how it was with Souls games, and it's generally assumed to be the same for Bloodborne.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Cainhurst/questing question:

If I want to get all the weapons in one playthrough, it seems like I should just take the summons to Alfred, let him kill the queen, get his stuff from him and his dead body, then revive the queen and only then kneel to her and get the Vileblood thing. Is that right?

Kamina

Golden Boy

If I want to get all the weapons in one playthrough, it seems like I should just take the summons to Alfred, let him kill the queen, get his stuff from him and his dead body, then revive the queen and only then kneel to her and get the Vileblood thing. Is that right?
Yes, thats correct.

benjammin

I stood right by the boss gate of Rom and I get nobody to show up and help.

Sigh.

Have you tried changing your network setting to worldwide?

Nightmare of Mensis
busted out laughing at the note "Evolution waits ahead" right before crow-dogs/dog-crows
. I feel really bad for killing small gents though :( They were just doing their stuff.

squidyj

why avoid kneeling earlier?

Toxi

Banned
Nightmare of Mensis
busted out laughing at the note "Evolution waits ahead" right before crow-dogs/dog-crows
. I feel really bad for killing small gents though :( They were just doing their stuff.
I love how Slowbeef used the Ridley voice for the crows. They sound so pitiful.

Top Bottom