• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Jawmuncher

I actually like the bell system more tbh, never had an issue finding anyone so far even on NG+ at lvl 130+.

Really don't know how you can prefer it since it's more chance than anything.
Maybe it just doesn't go with my playstyle. I always summon at the boss. Since I like to do the trek to the boss myself. Here though i ring a bell and just sit there. Currently what im doing right now while eating dinner.

11053277_10206781144993052_2552414967141781470_o.jpg

EDIT: As soon as I made this post someone popped up.
Maybe I just need to complain everytime.

Toxi

Banned
Logarius Wheel+Poison=hilarity

How it works: The logarius wheels transformed mode has attacks that cause multiple fast hits, much like the channelers trident of old. The dashing attack does 3 hits, as does the R2. The backstep R2 seems to do 4, this one is very mean if you can land it and depending on someones resistances, can instantly proc either poison.
source

You gotta admire the ingenuity of this game's players.

Urrgh the
undead giant
is kicking my arse in the chalice dungeon and the
4 shadows of Yharnam
things are kicking my arse in mensis :(

EL CUCO

I'm still trying to figure out what other weapon to upgrade. As of now I have Ludwig Blade maxed. My build is about 30 strength and Dex. 15 arcane.

Any favorites that you guys could recommend?

I was getting a bit frustrated seen as every door I encounter seems to be locked or device-dependent.

In that "safe place" I discovered a little elevator, so up I go to some workshop. Get to the top - surprise! Door is locked. Ended up finding my way all the way to the bottom where this fire-breathing beast almost destroyed me. Got my first rune, 'beast' (still not sure how to use them...).

The door lead to a very quaint area with dogs and other nasties, but one of them defeated me then dragged me to a cell in some 'hidden village'. I don't like it there, and the enemies are awfully hard. But I seem to have explored the entire thing, because the last place I looked I discovered Paarl, who killed me in two hits.

:(

Toxi

Banned
I'm still trying to figure out what other weapon to upgrade. As of now I have Ludwig Blade maxed. My build is about 30 strength and Dex. 15 arcane.

Any favorites that you guys could recommend?
I'd recommend the Saw Cleaver, but you might be a bit sick of it. :p

Burial Blade is fun; I guess it's more of a dex weapon, but with 30 Dex and 30 strength you're probably pretty good.

Wait.
What?
o_O
So...
how the hell do I get past the gates in Cathedral Ward if Old Yharnam is optional?

Kill Cleric Beast, which unlocks an emblem that costs 10k at the bath merchant. This emblem unlocks a gate in Cathedral Ward. If you don't kill Cleric Beast you'll have to go to that 'optional' area instead.

Toxi

Banned
I've seen the word cheesing a lot.

I take that means you exploit the environment to easily beat a boss/or hunter?
Generally it means using something that feels cheap and unsatisfying to easily beat a boss.

Like in Demon's Souls, you could cheese Maneaters by killing them before the fog door.

Gattsu25

Banned
Really don't know how you can prefer it since it's more chance than anything.
Maybe it just doesn't go with my playstyle. I always summon at the boss. Since I like to do the trek to the boss myself. Here though i ring a bell and just sit there. Currently what im doing right now while eating dinner.

EDIT: As soon as I made this post someone popped up.
Maybe I just need to complain everytime.

For the love of all that is holy please lower your brightness setting.

Remember wondrous pebbles. Divide and conquer

Woohoo it worked.. and i appear to have fisted a pig! Pork bonus!

Ha! The UG was messing me up last night a bit more than I'd like to admit.. Noted, I was playing a bit sloppy but still. I was messing around on my PS4/Youtube and decided to upload it Video of the kill. Dont laugh at me :p

My first few goes I was so close, after that he just keeps one shotting me. Im inspired to try him now wish me luck!

EL CUCO

My first few goes I was so close, after that he just keeps one shotting me. Im inspired to try him now wish me luck!
You can do it!
_______

Is there an easier way to kill these big
fire breathing scorpion
looking things other than sneak up behind them, hit, and run?

Edit: Nevermind. I found a good rhythm to them :)

Kusagari

Finally got my platinum!

Yharnam
wasn't as hard as some of the previous chalice stuff but her fight might be my favorite in the game. Her moveset is so large compared to pretty much any other boss in the Souls series and the fact that all her clones have access to the same giant move pool is nuts.

I'll just consider her the real final boss instead of that loser
Moon Presence
lol.

zma1013

It's a shame they hid away all those cool enemies and bosses deep down in the chalice dungeons where many will probably never bother to go. Same with the more hidden locations in the main game. I'd kinda be mad if I designed those things and they were locked away where few would get to see.

I don't remember where exactly but I got a couple good ones in depth 5 chalice dungeons. I think it was like +80 to rapid poisoning. Only thing was that it was cursed so the durability took a hit.

Damn I only have like +10. Is there a threshold you need to pass in order for it to actually work? The one I have is doing nothing. The flat dmg increase rune was better.

Late Flag

I started a new character and went straight to the chalice dungeons after BSB because I really wanted the bone ash set for aesthetic purposes -- it's a female character and I want to dress her up like a witch along with the BoM. These things are way tougher the second time around now that I'm sort of under-leveled. The first time, I was probably 90 or so with a Ludwigs +10 when I started them, and the first several chalices felt like some kind of tutorial that just wouldn't end. This time I was trying to get through in the 30s with a cane +3 and BoM +4 and the combination of low-ish stats and no stagger capability made these a lot harder and more fun.

Keeper of the Old Lords in particular was a pain in the ass with this build, but I got her and the witch outfit is now mine. I kind of want to go back and do some of the depth 5s with my over-leveled Ludwig's guys, but I think I'm done with them with this character. The lack of reach on the BoM is a serious debuff.

squidyj

Damn I only have like +10. Is there a threshold you need to pass in order for it to actually work? The one I have is doing nothing. The flat dmg increase rune was better.

rapid poisoning is not a DOT like slow poisoning, it's just a big chunk of damage done when the stack builds up enough.

The higher the number(+20 is greater than +10) the less hits it takes to inflict rapid poisoning on a foe. That's why it seems like it takes forever to occur from your perspective.

zma1013

These
brain
people are a load of horseshit with there grab that's like a damn vacuum. Just when I think I'm out it pulls me right back in.

EL CUCO

Lower chalice R
om
felt a bit tougher than story mode R
om.
Maybe it's because I ignored all the m
inions
, this time.

Sweet, got the Charred Hunter set. Did I miss something, though? In the guide I'm following, it mentions
a hunter in the courtyard in front of the building where the Charred set is. When I got to the courtyard, there was NP hunter, just some crows in a corner by where I drop to enter said building. Did Hunter mean Djura?

Lower chalice R
om
felt a bit tougher than story mode R
om.
Maybe it's because I ignored all the m
inions
, this time.

I tried taking out
the spiders first on that and it just made it worse for me. What worked for me was luring the spiders to one side of the room and then running to the other side to get some hits on him.

Sweet, got the Charred Hunter set. Did I miss something, though? In the guide I'm following, it mentions
a hunter in the courtyard in front of the building where the Charred set is. When I got to the courtyard, there was NP hunter, just some crows in a corner by where I drop to enter said building. Did Hunter mean Djura?
Don't follow a guide :((((

Top Bottom