• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I guess I sort of
lucked into the "solution," and the "twist"
was a lot less trouble than it seemed like it was gonna be.

EL CUCO

Witch of Hemwick
gotta be the easiest boss, right?
That fight felt like I was kicking puppies. Almost felt bad for them.
I tried taking out
the spiders first on that and it just made it worse for me. What worked for me was luring the spiders to one side of the room and then running to the other side to get some hits on him.
Yeah, I probably should've tried that strat. Instead of running around, rolling and dodging like a maniac. Lol I literally crapped my pants at 3:16

Oppo

advice please!

I just entered Upper Cathedral and I'm getting fucking wasted. what level should I be at for this area?? I'm 85 and even the ground slug things take 10+ hits each. it's like I'm back at level 1 in Central Yarnham again.

tried lowering my Insight below 15, no use.

advice please!

I just entered Upper Cathedral and I'm getting fucking wasted. what level should I be at for this area?? I'm 85 and even the ground slug things take 10+ hits each. it's like I'm back at level 1 in Central Yarnham again.

Perfectly level. Maybe over level actually... I remember the slugs taking a few hits, you have your weapons upgrades right? Should be +8 and higher

Artex

Banned
advice please!

It's just crazy up there man. You are higher leveled than I was in that place. Use Tonitrus on the slugs though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
advice please!

I just entered Upper Cathedral and I'm getting fucking wasted. what level should I be at for this area?? I'm 85 and even the ground slug things take 10+ hits each.
That's not normal at all. Your level should be OK for this part. What weapon are you using, and how high is your str and/or skl?

I-hate-u

Just platinumed the game. It took me way less time than DKS1, which I put in 160 hours for the platinum. Sorry SoulsGAF, I am going to against the majority opinion here, but, I think this game is superior to Demon's and Dark (haven't played 2).

The control you have over your character is very responsive, and the hunter weapon/pistol combo creates some badass moments. Its a deep RPG, with one of the best action gameplay mechanics in years; right up my alley. It also easily surpasses the strong points over the previous games in lore, music, and atmosphere
Can't believe how much I love Yahar'gul, the Unseen Village. It is one of favorite levels in a long time. Same for Upper Cathedral Ward.

If I had to nitpick, it is that I wished the main story path had more bosses incorporated into it, and, the chalice dungeons to not be in state that it is in right now. It was really boring at times, but dem bosses waiting at the end are worth it.

But those are small gripes. My GOTY and GOTG so far for sure.

Witch of Hemwick

for me it's
celestial emissary
by far, i laughed after i one shotted that boss. but i kinda feel like that was to lul me into a false sense of power right before
ebritas

so i think i'm gonna stop leveling at 120, that should be fine and still be able to pvp right? i'm less an invader and more just like to help people.

Man, the difficulty spike from any early areas of the game to yhargul unseen village is nuts. My ass i getting kicked like no other place in the game.

I find the atmosphere in this way more overwhelming than the previous Souls games.

After beating
Rom
last week and reaching
Unseen Village
I needed a break. Only just booted it up again now.

Thought it'd be nice to explore other areas first though.
Went back to the poison swamp in the forest and found the Cainhurst summons and an Umbilical Cord (I assume this is important?), and now I'm gonna explore the Lecture Building.
Can I get back to the Gaol at some point? Was going to tackle that but I can't warp there anymore.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
advice please!

Wha...? the ground slugs? I thought you're having difficulty with EVERYONE'S FAVORITE monster, the Insight-sucking-fuckers :/

Something is definitely wrong if you're needing 10+ hits to kill the slithering slugs... maybe you mean the Insight-sucking-fuckers instead? Either way, use Buffed Tonitrus or Bolt-paper-enhanced weapons to stagger them to oblivion. Bonus points if you're using thrusting weapons.

squidyj

Headless Bloodletting beast in Fetid Rotted Cursed Ihyll dungeon.

what do?

Edit: the demon slug fetus things are resistant to normal physical damage, they're weak to thrust though so try thrusting attacks. I ignore them as much as I can, not worth the effort.

Cyborg

How does the glyph work? I created a Ailing Loran Root Cahlice and then used the glyph on a other stone. It states ''you dont have the requirements bla bla''

How does this shit work?

Just platinumed the game. It took me way less time than DKS1, which I put in 160 hours for the platinum. Sorry SoulsGAF, I am going to against the majority opinion here, but, I think this game is superior to Demon's and Dark (haven't played 2).

The control you have over your character is very responsive, and the hunter weapon/pistol combo creates some badass moments. Its a deep RPG, with one of the best action gameplay mechanics in years; right up my alley. It also easily surpasses the strong points over the previous games in lore, music, and atmosphere
Can't believe how much I love Yahar'gul, the Unseen Village. It is one of favorite levels in a long time. Same for Upper Cathedral Ward.

If I had to nitpick, it is that I wished the main story path had more bosses incorporated into it, and, the chalice dungeons to not be in state that it is in right now. It was really boring at times, but dem bosses waiting at the end are worth it.

But those are small gripes. My GOTY and GOTG so far for sure.

No need to apologize, it's certainly better in many cases!

myco666

Helping people at
Micolash
sucks so much. Everyone just keeps running in circles and don't even try to get him into the arena. Managed to get summoned to NG+ though and got 120k echoes from it.

How does the glyph work? I created a Ailing Loran Root Cahlice and then used the glyph on a other stone. It states ''you dont have the requirements bla bla''

How does this shit work?
The glyph you're using might not be for the same type of dungeon you just created?

Beat Logarius at level 30. Best fight in the "Souls" series I've ever had. He could 2 shot me in any stage. My tactics were:

Stage 1: Constantly rush him with Blades of Mercy and use the running R2 attack. It did about 120 damage per hit. On the odd chance he uses his melee attacks, parry and counter.

Stage 2: Backstab that bitch to avoid this stage altogether.

Stage 3: Bait the scythe attacks for the counter. Buff gun damage with Bone Marrow Ash. This caused me to do around 250 damage per shot, with a successful counter I was hitting him for around 600 damage. Call him a c*** as he spams the aerial and dagger ground moves leaving no window for me to hit him.

I ended up with 11 Blood Vials left and 2 bullets. Felt good to finally beat him.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Man, the difficulty spike from any early areas of the game to yhargul unseen village is nuts. My ass i getting kicked like no other place in the game.
Yeah, but once you take out the witches that cause respawning those areas become normal.

In that area, I would always run past the enemies being controlled by her and kill her. Then I would deal with the normal enemies.

Like the bosses every area has a strategy and once you get that strategy down, those areas become quite manageable.

The game never allows you to get careless though.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Witch of Hemwick
No idea why you guys use spoiler tags for a boss name! Lol

Anyway, she is the absolute easiest boss by far. I went into her fight totally blind and had no idea what to expect. For every fight I would watch a YouTube video to get a feel for what I was up against, but not her. I always expect to die on my first battle.
I kept waiting for that moment where that fight would get tough and it never did.

I just beat her and was like okay....whatever I felt I deserved it at that point.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Beat Logarius at level 30. Best fight in the "Souls" series I've ever had. He could 2 shot me in any stage. My tactics were:

Stage 1: Constantly rush him with Blades of Mercy and use the running R2 attack. It did about 120 damage per hit. On the odd chance he uses his melee attacks, parry and counter.

Stage 2: Backstab that bitch to avoid this stage altogether.

Stage 3: Bait the scythe attacks for the counter. Buff gun damage with Bone Marrow Ash. This caused me to do around 250 damage per shot, with a successful counter I was hitting him for around 600 damage. Call him a c*** as he spams the aerial and dagger ground moves leaving no window for me to hit him.

I ended up with 11 Blood Vials left and 2 bullets. Felt good to finally beat him.
I have hard time understanding how it's possible to even get that far on that level!

No idea why you guys use spoiler tags for a boss name! Lol

Anyway, she is the absolute easiest boss by far. I went into her fight totally blind and had no idea what to expect. For every fight I would watch a YouTube video to get a feel for what I was up against, but not her. I always expect to die on my first battle.
I kept waiting for that moment where that fight would get tough and it never did.

I just beat her and was like okay....whatever I felt I deserved it at that point.

Coz its GAF, people complain about spoiling game mechanics! Im sure someone complained about loading screens now having item description spoilers on in this very thread as well.

I thought
Mergos Wet Nurse
was the most disappointing. If I can kill a boss on the first try I think they're kinda bad. I only managed it with
Witches
and the
Wet Nurse

I have hard time understanding how it's possible to even get that far on that level!

Chikage can drive a man to crazy things :D

I keep dying on
Amygdala
but everyone says it's an easy boss :(

If I get knocked away from the legs I just die because it attacks so quickly, there just doesn't seem to be a chance to safely get back under the legs.

I keep dying on
Amygdala

If I get knocked away from the legs I just die because it attacks so quickly, there just doesn't seem to be a chance to safely get back under the legs.

Run around it until the arm smash attack (the one when they end up parallel to the floor), hit those a couple of times, retreat and repeat.

Dragner

I keep dying on
Amygdala

I just got behing her and hit her tail, its not a weak spot it will take some hits, but she will not hit you unless she makes her jump attack. Just roll recover position and go on. Its a pretty easy fight once you get to avoid the jump, her other attacks dont do a lot of damage.

lionpants

Amazon.ca just shipped me another Bloodborne guide. I only purchased one of them. This happen to anyone else?

Nevermind: The first one I received was from Amazon.com, derp.

I just got behing her and hit her tail, its not a weak spot it will take some hits, but she will not hit you unless she makes her jump attack. Just roll recover position and go on. Its a pretty easy fight once you get to avoid the jump, her other attacks dont do a lot of damage.

Run around it until the arm smash attack (the one when they end up parallel to the floor), hit those a couple of times, retreat and repeat.

Killed her :)

Now I suppose I should stop putting it off and go to the Unseen Village.

Afaik, that and Cainhurst are my only options atm.

Lach

Logarius sending my ass to bonfire like
Eq8dJox.gif

N7ZURZd.png

You and me both pal! Went back to avance through Birgenwyrth and the Chalice Dungeons. I'll try again in 10 or so levels.

Dragner

Killed her :)

Now I suppose I should stop putting it off and go to the Unseen Village.

Afaik, that and Cainhurst are my only options atm.

Cainhurst was more difficult for me than Unseen Village, the boss its not that hard, The one in Cainhurst is probably top 3 difficulty.

I-hate-u

You and me both pal! Went back to avance through Birgenwyrth and the Chalice Dungeons. I'll try again in 10 or so levels.

He has high resistance to elemental damage. Equipping gems that boost the physical damage of my Ludwig increased my damage on him. Also, check out arcane-resist clothing.

He gave me a lot of trouble too, but once you figure out his skull attack pattern in the beginning, he becomes manageable.

SaitoH

Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice

Man, I think the toughest enemy fighting the Headless B
loodletting
B
east
is the camera.The arena is so small and he constantly jumps back to the wall so I can't see anything that's going on.

Took a half dozen tries and it was bit rough, but I won:

https://youtu.be/hQ8Ykxr9oEs

Oppo

Perfectly level. Maybe over level actually... I remember the slugs taking a few hits, you have your weapons upgrades right? Should be +8 and higher

That's not normal at all. Your level should be OK for this part. What weapon are you using, and how high is your str and/or skl?

Wha...? the ground slugs? I thought you're having difficulty with EVERYONE'S FAVORITE monster, the Insight-sucking-fuckers :/

Something is definitely wrong if you're needing 10+ hits to kill the slithering slugs... .

Hmm maybe I'll post a pic of my guys stats or something. I was using the cane +6 at that point for range but my usual is BoM +8. the two pimp dudes on the walkway put up a hell of a fight too. it's really weird how it's spiked.

I've been playing the game mostly blind so I wonder if I've fucked up the order somehow.

Top Bottom